Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Sun May 31, 2015 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

When a man complained to a cafe owner about a woman breastfeeding nearby, she was having none of it.
The “middle-aged gentleman” told the owner of Cheese and Biscuits cafe “there was a mother breastfeeding out there and we might want to ask her to cover up”, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. But Jessica-Anne Allen was thoroughly unimpressed and asked him to leave her establishment in Queensland, Australia,
She said: ”We told him that we are a breastfeeding friendly cafe, that we have mothers' groups and ladies who come and breastfeed all the time and we would never ask a mother to cover up when she is feeding her child.


http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/31/man-who-complained-breastfeeding-mother-thrown-out-of-cafe_n_7479136.html?utm_hp_ref=uk


Well done to the cafe owner.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:50 am

Shady wrote:Tits & arse....That's all blokes ever think about.

I wonder what transgendered people always think about?

gold medals at a guess...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:37 am

Shady wrote:In your eyes maybe but that's only because you refuse to consider other points of view.

Yes, that's the point I'm making. In the absence of a law or anything tangible, it's all in our own "eyes".

I don't think the gentleman has any standing. No one has raised any other "point of view" but his and mine. I would ignore him or, if he makes too much noise, send him on his way.

Case closed.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25541
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:36 am

found this about Muslim women who breastfeed.

Observant Muslim women dress modestly in public, and when nursing generally try to maintain this modesty with clothing, blankets or scarves which cover the chest.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:50 am

What lovely publicity for her café!
Breast feeding in public doesn't bother me, Most women use a shawl or some sort of cover up.
This woman didn't which makes me wonder what would have happened if any and all passing blokes had pulled up a chair for a goosey?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Nems wrote:What lovely publicity for  her café!
Breast feeding in public doesn't bother me, Most women use a shawl or some sort of cover up.
This woman didn't which makes me wonder what would have happened if any and all passing blokes had pulled up a chair for a goosey?


That is her choice is it not?
You seem to be deflecting blame onto a woman for where men are the problem with how they get over excited with a bit of exposed flesh. Though one wonders why men would be excited by an exposed breast with a baby's mouth attached feeding from it? The publicity could also work against her. The reality is the owner did the right thing. The law is clear not to discriminate against breastfeeding mothers. The man is a fool living by backward Victorian morality, who decided and believed he was above the law. He rightly was kicked out for being so arrogant.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Nems wrote:What lovely publicity for  her café!
Breast feeding in public doesn't bother me, Most women use a shawl or some sort of cover up.
This woman didn't which makes me wonder what would have happened if any and all passing blokes had pulled up a chair for a goosey?

Same here i just think women do ususally drape a shawl over them , it makes the baby feel more secure in m opinion .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:57 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Nems wrote:What lovely publicity for  her café!
Breast feeding in public doesn't bother me, Most women use a shawl or some sort of cover up.
This woman didn't which makes me wonder what would have happened if any and all passing blokes had pulled up a chair for a goosey?

Same here i just think women do ususally drape a shawl over them , it makes the baby feel more secure in m opinion .

I agree. But there is no such thing as bad publicity as they say!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:23 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Nems wrote:What lovely publicity for  her café!
Breast feeding in public doesn't bother me, Most women use a shawl or some sort of cover up.
This woman didn't which makes me wonder what would have happened if any and all passing blokes had pulled up a chair for a goosey?


That is her choice is it not?
You seem to be deflecting blame onto a woman for where men are the problem with how they get over excited with a bit of exposed flesh. Though one wonders why men would be excited by an exposed breast with a baby's mouth attached feeding from it? The publicity could also work against her. The reality is the owner did the right thing. The law is clear not to discriminate against breastfeeding mothers. The man is a fool living by backward Victorian morality, who decided and believed he was above the law. He rightly was kicked out for being so arrogant.

She isn't deflecting blame you moron,VOD is simply expressing a point of view.

Try not to be such an idiot & you may feel less of an idiot.

You poor idiot.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:27 am

Shady wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:


That is her choice is it not?
You seem to be deflecting blame onto a woman for where men are the problem with how they get over excited with a bit of exposed flesh. Though one wonders why men would be excited by an exposed breast with a baby's mouth attached feeding from it? The publicity could also work against her. The reality is the owner did the right thing. The law is clear not to discriminate against breastfeeding mothers. The man is a fool living by backward Victorian morality, who decided and believed he was above the law. He rightly was kicked out for being so arrogant.

She isn't deflecting blame you moron,VOD is simply expressing a point of view.

Try not to be such an idiot & you may feel less of an idiot.

You poor idiot.

Was that even a reply or you just spouting shit as usual
Listen clown unless you have anything intelligent to say, crawl back up your fat arse.

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:28 am

Original Quill wrote:
Shady wrote:In your eyes maybe but that's only because you refuse to consider other points of view.

Yes, that's the point I'm making.  In the absence of a law or anything tangible, it's all in our own "eyes".

I don't think the gentleman has any standing.  No one has raised any other "point of view" but his and mine.  I would ignore him or, if he makes too much noise, send him on his way.  

Case closed.

There you go again Quill.....failing to read all of the evidence.We've all raised a point of view but you seem to have missed them either by design or mistake.

No wonder there are so many miscarriages of justice & unsatisfactory court decisions when lawyers are failing to read the prosecution file in full.

The case is not closed & is well & truly open.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:29 am

Must go for now as I have many interesting things to do today.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:30 am

Shady wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, that's the point I'm making.  In the absence of a law or anything tangible, it's all in our own "eyes".

I don't think the gentleman has any standing.  No one has raised any other "point of view" but his and mine.  I would ignore him or, if he makes too much noise, send him on his way.  

Case closed.

There you go again Quill.....failing to read all of the evidence.We've all raised a point of view but you seem to have missed them either by design or mistake.

No wonder there are so many miscarriages of justice & unsatisfactory court decisions when lawyers are failing to read the prosecution file in full.

The case is not closed & is well & truly open.

You had no point and still have no point.
You fail to understand the law and what is harrasment
The case is well and truly close only an idiot such as yourself would cry otheriwse.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:51 am

We are entitled to our beliefs and if this man didn't feel comfortable with this lady breastfeeding he should be able to say so , it is a natural thing to do but so is changing a babies nappy would you expect that to be done in a cafe too ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:57 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:We are entitled to our beliefs and if this man didn't feel comfortable with this lady breastfeeding he should be able to say so , it is a natural thing to do but so is changing a babies nappy would you expect that to be done in a cafe too ?

Sorry Dibs he has no right, as she has every right to breastfeed her child. He had the issue, then he is the one with the problem and could have gone inside or left to go elsewhere. Again he has no right to harras someone who is within the law doing no wrong.
She was not changing a babies nappy though was she, so to argue off different things is absurd,

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:05 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:We are entitled to our beliefs and if this man didn't feel comfortable with this lady breastfeeding he should be able to say so , it is a natural thing to do but so is changing a babies nappy would you expect that to be done in a cafe too ?

Sorry Dibs he has no right, as she has every right to breastfeed her child. He had the issue, then he is the one with the problem and could have gone inside or left to go elsewhere. Again he has no right to harras someone who is within the law doing no wrong.
She was not changing a babies nappy though was she, so to argue off different things is absurd,

That's your opinion didge so why should yours be right, i am a woman who has breastfed four babies so i know how important it is to feed babies but i never sat there and exposed my breast to feed them i used a light blanket to cover myself . My opinion is that this man had a right to be offended if it he felt so .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:07 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Sorry Dibs he has no right, as she has every right to breastfeed her child. He had the issue, then he is the one with the problem and could have gone inside or left to go elsewhere. Again he has no right to harras someone who is within the law doing no wrong.
She was not changing a babies nappy though was she, so to argue off different things is absurd,

That's your opinion didge so why should yours be right, i am a woman who has breastfed four babies so i know how important it is to feed babies but i never sat there and exposed my breast to feed them i used a light blanket to cover myself . My opinion is that this man had a right to be offended if it he felt so .

All irrelevant Dibs
The law says otherwise where again it is the man that has the problem.
If I am in an area where someone is smoking, that is a smoking area and say for example I do not like smoking, then it is down for me to leave, not ask the person to stop. If they were smoking in an area where it was non-smoking, that is different, I would be fine to ask, as they are the ones in the wrong.
She was not in the wrong, now do you understand. He had the issue and had no right to ask her to do anything as she was within the law to breastfeed. The question none of you ask is why did he not move inside or go to another cafe, as it is he who has the problem?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:12 am

It doesn't matter if she was right didge the man still had a right to feel uncomfortable now do you understand . Rolling Eyes

Maybe he wanted to sit out in the fresh air why shouldn't he ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:15 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:It doesn't matter if she was right didge the man still had a right to feel uncomfortable now do you understand . Rolling Eyes

That is his problem. I may feel uncomfortbale next to someone smoking and if I am in a smoking area, then it is down to me to moove out of that sistuation. He may well feel uncomfortable, that is his issue, not the lady and he has no right to ask her to cover up. He should either leave or go inside if it bothers him. All of you are excusing his actions which were harrassment of which he had no right.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 am

Its not his probelm at all he can't help the way he feels , some people feel uncomfortable seeing a couple kissing (tongues) in public they can't help it , it's just what makes people uncomfortable .

Would you feel comfortable with a bunch of Christians praying in a cafe holding hands and praying out loud ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:33 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Its not his probelm at all he can't help the way he feels , some people feel uncomfortable seeing a couple kissing (tongues) in public they can't help it , it's just what makes people uncomfortable .

Would you feel comfortable with a bunch of Christians praying in a cafe holding hands and praying out loud ?

I never said he cannot help the way he feels. He can help though how he acts and he acted poorly.
I would not have an issue with Christians praying.
If I did have an issue, I would leave as should have he.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:43 am

I disagree he shouldn't have had to just sit there he had a right to say he didn't agree , where is equality ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:48 am

You're trying to change the way he feels by taking away his right to be uncomfortable .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:50 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:I disagree he shouldn't have had to just sit there he had a right to say he didn't agree , where is equality ?

What equality issue?
The law states breastfeeding is fine in public.
He has the issue and if he feels uncomfortable he should leave.
Simple.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 am

I don't think there is a law that says we cannot feel uncomfortable , this is not going anywhere didge . You think your right as usual .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:57 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:I don't think there is a law that says we cannot feel uncomfortable , this is not going anywhere didge . You think your right as usual .

I never said he should not feel uncomfortable. My issues is how he has acted.
He harrassed the woman, when he had no right to.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:I don't think there is a law that says we cannot feel uncomfortable , this is not going anywhere didge . You think your right as usual .

I never said he should not feel uncomfortable. My issues is how he has acted.
He harrassed the woman, when he had no right to.
He didn't harass anyone. He expressed his view. Still allowed in this country - just.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:30 pm

Nems wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

I never said he should not feel uncomfortable. My issues is how he has acted.
He harrassed the woman, when he had no right to.
He didn't harass anyone. He expressed his view. Still allowed in this country - just.

It was not in this country and no he harrased a woman who was breastfeeding her child.
He had no right, he was a selfish pillock.
If he did not like seeing this all he had to do was go inside or leave, or do you believe in women being discrminated against because they are breastfeeding their child?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Nems wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

I never said he should not feel uncomfortable. My issues is how he has acted.
He harrassed the woman, when he had no right to.
He didn't harass anyone. He expressed his view. Still allowed in this country - just.

Good afternoon Nems.

But that's the problem with your answer Nems......it's based on pure logic & common sense.But some posters here,especially crackpot Didge do not comprehend logic & common sense.

An example of their madness is the fact that I've reiterated that I have no problem with breast feeding in public as long as it's carried out with consideration for other people.But looney Didge & poor old Ben attacked me with the usual bile accusations of bigotry etc.

But I suppose if some people are so blinkered by madness,logic & common sense do not exist in their minds.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Shady wrote:
Nems wrote:
He didn't harass anyone. He expressed his view. Still allowed in this country - just.

Good afternoon Nems.

But that's the problem with your answer Nems......it's based on pure logic & common sense.But some posters here,especially crackpot Didge do not comprehend logic & common sense.

An example of their madness is the fact that I've reiterated that I have no problem with breast feeding in public as long as it's carried out with consideration for other people.But looney Didge & poor old Ben attacked me with the usual bile accusations of bigotry etc.

But I suppose if some people are so blinkered by madness,logic & common sense do not exist in their minds.

So yet another infantile response from shady who clearly backs discriminating actively against breastfeeding women.
Again you still cannot grasp it is the man with the issue and he has the choice to be rude or polite and move on.
Its not rocket science even for an idiot like yourself.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:20 pm

so he is being discriminated too because he was told to leave when he clearly felt uncomfortable with her breasti feeding . Seems discrimination is a one way thing with some .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:so he is being discriminated too because he was told to leave when he clearly felt uncomfortable with her breasti feeding . Seems discrimination is a one way thing with some .

How is he being discriminated against when it is not against the law to breastfeed in public?
People are continually exusing the man who has the issue over some exposed flesh, where there is no cause for him to even cause what could potentially be a confrontational issue. So how has he been discrminated against? He has as much right to go to the cafe as anyone else. He is not being denied anything. Explain to me how he has been discrminated against, when he went against the wishes of the onwer and the law?


Last edited by Belatucadros on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:so he is being discriminated too because he was told to leave when he clearly felt uncomfortable with her breasti feeding . Seems discrimination is a one way thing with some .

That's because you & others like me understand discrimination,which isn't too hard when I think about it.But poor old Didge doesn't possess the mental capacity to fathom the different aspects of discrimination.

And because of that ignorance,he resorts to name calling i.e. bigot etc and repeating himself.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:so he is being discriminated too because he was told to leave when he clearly felt uncomfortable with her breasti feeding . Seems discrimination is a one way thing with some .

How is he being discriminated against when it is not against the law to breastfeed in public?
People are continually exusing the man who has the issue over some exposed flesh, where there is no cause for him to even cause what could potentially be a confrontational issue. So how has he been discrminated against? He has as much right to go to the cafe as anyone else. He is not being denied anything. Explain to me how he has been discrminated against, when he went against the wishes of the onwer and the law?

Brain.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Shady wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:so he is being discriminated too because he was told to leave when he clearly felt uncomfortable with her breasti feeding . Seems discrimination is a one way thing with some .

That's because you & others like me understand discrimination,which isn't too hard when I think about it.But poor old Didge doesn't possess the mental capacity to fathom the different aspects of discrimination.

And because of that ignorance,he resorts to name calling i.e. bigot etc and repeating himself.

Explain how he has been discrminated against?
Its seems nobody can explain this.
What rights has he been denied?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Shady wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

How is he being discriminated against when it is not against the law to breastfeed in public?
People are continually exusing the man who has the issue over some exposed flesh, where there is no cause for him to even cause what could potentially be a confrontational issue. So how has he been discrminated against? He has as much right to go to the cafe as anyone else. He is not being denied anything. Explain to me how he has been discrminated against, when he went against the wishes of the onwer and the law?

Brain.

Do you have one?

I am surprised

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Shady wrote:

That's because you & others like me understand discrimination,which isn't too hard when I think about it.But poor old Didge doesn't possess the mental capacity to fathom the different aspects of discrimination.

And because of that ignorance,he resorts to name calling i.e. bigot etc and repeating himself.

Explain how he has been discrminated against?
Its seems nobody can explain this.
What rights has he been denied?

You know the answer to your own question but you bring yourself to accept the truth.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Shady wrote:

Brain.

Do you have one?

I am surprised

Brain.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Shady wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Do you have one?

I am surprised

Brain.

Of

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Shady wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Explain how he has been discrminated against?
Its seems nobody can explain this.
What rights has he been denied?

You know the answer to your own question but you bring yourself to accept the truth.


So you do not know because there is nothing he has been denied.

Oh well, thanks for your input

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Shady wrote:

You know the answer to your own question but you bring yourself to accept the truth.


So you do not know because there is nothing he has been denied.

Oh well, thanks for your input

Brain.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Shady wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

So you do not know because there is nothing he has been denied.

Oh well, thanks for your input

Brain.

Ankle

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Breastfeeding is recommended essentially by doctors everywhere -- but not always well-received in public.

Mother Conner Kendall found herself at the center of an online controversy after breastfeeding her son at a TGI Fridays.

A stranger posted a photo of her breastfeeding, asking if doing that was appropriate. Kendall posted a screen shot of the photo along with a lengthy response.
"Shock. That was my initial response. ... I really didn't feel like I was that exposed. ... It really hurt my feelings that somebody would try and shame me for just taking care of my child," Kendall said on ABC.
Kendall has not revealed the name of the person who she says shamed her publicly. Although in her private response back to the person, she said it was her federal right to breastfeed wherever she pleases.
She's right. The National Conference of State Legislatures says 49 states, including Indiana where Kendall lives, "have laws that specifically allow women to breastfeed in any public or private location."
Kendall told People she had no idea her response would reach people all over the world. She said 90 percent of the responses to her have been positive. Surprisingly, the many negatives she gets are from women -- some of them other moms.
She told us via Facebook chat she's mostly told to cover up, or that their children don't want to see her breasts. She says it could be a generational thing because it's mostly middle-aged women who are critical of her.
In her response to the person who started the controversy, Kendall wrote: "I did nothing wrong, I turned away to latch my son and pulled my shirt back up when he was finished. ... I do not use a cover, because my son fights them, screams, and doesn't eat at all while under them."
The American Academy of Pediatrics says breastfeeding is beneficial to baby, protecting him or her from a variety of diseases, and also good for mama, decreasing postpartum bleeding and decreasing the risk of breast and ovarian cancers.



http://www.aol.com/article/2015/06/01/stranger-tries-to-shame-breastfeeding-woman-and-it-backfires/21189710/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:40 pm

So that's final then.

The bloke who was chucked out was in the right all along.

It's nice to see that we all agree on something for once.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:42 pm

Shady wrote:So that's final then.

The bloke who was chucked out was in the right all along.

It's nice to see that we all agree on something for once.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:38 pm

this comes back to an old chestnut that has been discussed on here before

namely does ANYONE have the RIGHT to be offended

the answer simply is NO

certainly it is impossible for people not to be offended by a variety of things (though to be honest most are stupid trivialities) but and heres the rub....

THE LAW is not on the "offended" side in general (except of course where the law has been broken)

now law is of two types

in general our law is prohibitive rather than prescriptive

so it says what you CANT do, rather than what you can, unless it is laying out the rules for "licencing"

so in general...if what you are doing isnt prohibited by law then its legal

If at some point it has been necessary to clear up a point of law due to confusion as to what constitutes "reasonable actions" then the law will usually say something like

"it is unlawful without good cause for a woman to expose her breasts in public"
it will then define good cause or leave it open for anyone to argue in court that they HAD indeed good reason

So no your being offended by the sight of a woman breast feeding has no standing in law...

(and certainly no moral standing either)


would you for instance be offended by the sight of me carrying my shotgun, openly across the town square???

tough

the law states that

no one shall without good reason, have in a public place, a shot gun, loaded or not.

but if I'm taking it to the gunsmith for service ??????

theres good cause......so its lawful

of course out of common sense (i dont want shooting by an over excited copper) It would be in a slip, but thats more a comment on our lovely police than the ACTUAL law.

or what of carrying it down a leafy lane??

as I move from one part of my permission to another???

now THERE I do carry open and obvious, gun "broken" over my arm, as it the proper and safe way.

what of the "offended townie" driving by?? well this IS the country side ...so


see there is NO "right" to be offended....at all

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Of course people have the right to be offended. It's not against the law to be offended.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31260
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:45 pm

no true its not ...but there is no right to take or expect to be taken any actions based on that offendedness

in other words you have the right to feel how the hell you want...

but you have NO right to anything more than that.

let me slightly redefine then to satisfy your pedantic little mind

you may have the right to feel offended....

but ...tough.....ONLY if what offends you is illegal can you expect any sympathy for it....in all other cases the "offended one" is merely a nosey old busy body....


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:54 pm

darknessss wrote:no true its not ...but there is no right to take or expect to be taken any actions based on that offendedness

in other words you have the right to feel how the hell you want...

but you have NO right to anything more than that.

let me slightly redefine then to satisfy your pedantic little mind

you may have the right to feel offended....

but ...tough.....ONLY if what offends you is illegal can you expect any sympathy for it....in all other cases the "offended one" is merely a nosey old busy body....


Well it's not illegal to vomit on someone's feet, but I wouldn't say that someone who was offended by that is a nosey old busy body.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31260
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:59 pm

actually you may find that it is

it all depends on circumstances

if it is an accident then well....offended as you may be, shouldnt your sympathy be with the poor sod who just threw up

if its malicious (is it possible to deliberately throw up at random???) then it would certainly be assault so yes you CAN have recourse to law

if its due to drunken stupidity then again you do actually have a civil case at least....


bad example ragga.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:01 pm

also having you feet vomited upon has caused actual damage to you (or rather your shoes at least)

a woman breastfeeding has not and cannot cause you ANY perceivable or conceivable damage....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man Who Complained About Breastfeeding Mother Gets Thrown Out Of Cafe

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum