Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by eddie on Sat May 30, 2015 11:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

This has always been my problem with it.

I have no problem with religion as it brings people together, in a family-type unit and they pray to their "father".

Religion doesn't destroy people or lives anymore than any other inanimate object does, until it gets in the wrong hands. People can find comfort in coming together and reading from their books; it's a community after all.

It only goes wrong when people become fanatical and so tunnel-visioned that they can't see beyond their scripts and their faith. When they cast God as in imposing force and a great dictator they do their own "father" an injustice.

They become religious blind mice.

Why do people have to question what other's believe? If a human wants to hold dear, some words that warm his soul and then share them with others who want to fill their souls with those words like a warm blanket, then who are we to judge?

As long as the religious who walk on the earth know that religion was made as a comfort club for the like-minded, what is the harm?


God didn't make religion. He doesn't need worship or promises or words set in stone to be carried like a boulder on your shoulder. He doesn't need undying love or the loyalty of a man acting like a lovesick new puppy.
He doesn't need any more blind mice.
He doesn't need, full-stop.

If he created you he wants you to be you. A you, that you created and sculpted and gave birth to. He trusts you to make the right choices and use the free will that he gave you to live and walk the path you choose.


God doesn't make religion; man makes religion in his own image.

Here's my poem (turned into a rock song) about religion and religious blind mice:

What was the fuss all about?
Couldn't help but notice there was nothing about you
A big fat ego in an empty shell
You blow your own trumpet and you blow it well
A little red book clutched to your heart, emphasising your love of God
Over and over and over

You ain't unique and you ain't exceptional
Speaking in tongues try and work a miracle
Walk on water then turn it to wine
Script that tries to twist your mind
Robots are what you got, well here's a sheep that strayed the flock
Over and over and over

Your words are candy floss they don't fill me up and I've had enough now
Back to the sidelines, get back to the sidelines
Your words are candyfloss, get on your cross coz I've had enough now
Oh I've had enough now...


I think God would like it Cool


Last edited by eddie on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 4 times in total

_________________
“They were curved together like quotation marks with no words in between.”
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 29952
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 46
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:01 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:If you say n---er or coon you are racist. Of course the same people who bitch about 'phobias also bitch about 'ists and 'isms... And you did post the full definition of pervert remember, and it went beyond what you are now saying (depraved, degenerate etc). The word homophobe describes someone with negative views of gay people- and considering you have referred to us 'taking it in the poop shoot', perverts (degenerate, depraved etc), and being unnatural (which we aren't, we are as nature made us) then you are what most people would describe as homophobic.

You don't get to decide how words are used. You consider me a pervert (depraved, decadent etc), subsequently, I consider you a homophobe.

Actually, if you ever find yourself hanging out with roots-based block people (and by that I don't mean bounty blacks - White in the inside) then you'll hear them use the word n---er a lot about other blacks.
It's a derogatory term they use about lower-class black people. The same way we might say "white trailer trash"

Just for the record.

if the word queer is so offensive to gay people why is there an action group called 'queerspace' like the one that targeted the Christian cake shop ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:

Actually, if you ever find yourself hanging out with roots-based block people (and by that I don't mean bounty blacks - White in the inside) then you'll hear them use the word n---er a lot about other blacks.
It's a derogatory term they use about lower-class black people. The same way we might say "white trailer trash"

Just for the record.

if the word queer is so offensive to gay people why is there an action group called 'queerspace' like the one that targeted the Christian cake shop ?

For reasons I pointed out in my reply to Eds post. n---er and queer being used by their respective minorities is an effort to hijack those words which have been used to insult.

It is pretty obvious though that some people- ie: those who speak against equal rights for ethnic minorities or gay- use these terms derogatorily. That is why those words are still offensive when used by those not in those groups- because there is NO reason for it other than to express dislike.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:15 pm

anyway yes religion is man made, faith is much better...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:21 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:anyway yes religion is man made, faith is much better...

Your faith is in the Bible. The Bible is man made.

Also religion is this: A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence. Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that aim to explain the meaning of life, the origin of life, or the Universe.

Do you have an organized collection of beliefs? Yes you do, in the Bible.
Do you have a world view that relates to humanity and an order of existence? Yes you do, God created the universe and everything in with his own design and man in his own image, and sanctions only certain relationships along with a tonne of other laws we must live by.
Does your religion have a narrative? Yes is does, its in the Bible.
Do you recognize any symbols? The cross presumably, you can confirm.
Do you have any sacred histories that aim to explain the meaning and origin of life or the universe? Yes, the Bible.

So you may try to shirk off the term religion (for reasons I totally understand), but you clearly do have one.

And since it comes from a book written and rewritten by many men, that religion, is man made.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:anyway yes religion is man made, faith is much better...

Your faith is in the Bible. The Bible is man made.

Also religion is this: A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence. Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that aim to explain the meaning of life, the origin of life, or the Universe.

Do you have an organized collection of beliefs? Yes you do, in the Bible.
Do you have a world view that relates to humanity and an order of existence? Yes you do, God created the universe and everything in with his own design and man in his own image, and sanctions only certain relationships along with a tonne of other laws we must live by.
Does your religion have a narrative? Yes is does, its in the Bible.
Do you recognize any symbols? The cross presumably, you can confirm.
Do you have any sacred histories that aim to explain the meaning and origin of life or the universe? Yes, the Bible.

So you may try to shirk off the term religion (for reasons I totally understand), but you clearly do have one.

And since it comes from a book written and rewritten by many men, that religion, is man made.

the bible is God inspired...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:52 pm

God inspired perhaps. But ultimately man made- with all the whims and subjective editing and views of a multitude of very ordinary men (not women) across hundreds of years.

Say what you like about it, but it's still a religion, as described above, and still the writing of men.

The Bible is as man made as the Koran.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by eddie on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:54 pm

n---er is a horrible word anyway, I don't even like black people using it about each other.
I find most derogatory names horrible and don't resort to using them.

Name-calling is just childish tbh.

_________________
“They were curved together like quotation marks with no words in between.”
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 29952
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 46
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Eilzel wrote:God inspired perhaps. But ultimately man made- with all the whims and subjective editing and views of a multitude of very ordinary men (not women) across hundreds of years.

Say what you like about it, but it's still a religion, as described above, and still the writing of men.

The Bible is as man made as the Koran.

it was written down by men but as inspired by God .... that is why it has information that man alone would not know...

the koran, i don't see as inspired at all .....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:02 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Eilzel wrote:God inspired perhaps. But ultimately man made- with all the whims and subjective editing and views of a multitude of very ordinary men (not women) across hundreds of years.

Say what you like about it, but it's still a religion, as described above, and still the writing of men.

The Bible is as man made as the Koran.

it was written down by men but as inspired by God .... that is why it has information that man alone would not know...

the koran, i don't see as inspired at all .....

You no, but over 1.5 billion Muslims do, and their word is as credible as yours. In fact perhaps more so since theirs was written down by one man (allegedly) and so not as subject to repeated editing and translations.

Don't get carried away with that though, I happen to think Islam is BS too. But if your claims to the Bible being inspired by god is supposed to be a get out from the 'religion is man made' claim, then I'm just showing how you are applying double standards when it comes to the Koran which makes the same boasts as the Bible.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

it was written down by men but as inspired by God .... that is why it has information that man alone would not know...

the koran, i don't see as inspired at all .....

You no, but over 1.5 billion Muslims do, and their word is as credible as yours. In fact perhaps more so since theirs was written down by one man (allegedly) and so not as subject to repeated editing and translations.

Don't get carried away with that though, I happen to think Islam is BS too. But if your claims to the Bible being inspired by god is supposed to be a get out from the 'religion is man made' claim, then I'm just showing how you are applying double standards when it comes to the Koran which makes the same boasts as the Bible.

the koran contains nothing that would make you think it was inspired, it is only supported by its own added on writing..

as i said the bible offered ideas and knowledge that know one at the time could have known...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:13 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

You no, but over 1.5 billion Muslims do, and their word is as credible as yours. In fact perhaps more so since theirs was written down by one man (allegedly) and so not as subject to repeated editing and translations.

Don't get carried away with that though, I happen to think Islam is BS too. But if your claims to the Bible being inspired by god is supposed to be a get out from the 'religion is man made' claim, then I'm just showing how you are applying double standards when it comes to the Koran which makes the same boasts as the Bible.

the koran contains nothing that would make you think it was inspired, it is only supported by its own added on writing..

as i said the bible offered ideas and knowledge that know one at the time could have known...

These are just opinions of yours though. If I was talking to a Muslim they'd be telling me the same, with about as much real authority as you have to be fair.

The Koran and the Bible both contain ideas and knowledge and understood a certain way can be taken as providing new insight. Of course the fact men wrote down those facts only demonstrates that said knowledge was already available.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

the koran contains nothing that would make you think it was inspired, it is only supported by its own added on writing..

as i said the bible offered ideas and knowledge that know one at the time could have known...

These are just opinions of yours though. If I was talking to a Muslim they'd be telling me the same, with about as much real authority as you have to be fair.

The Koran and the Bible both contain ideas and knowledge and understood a certain way can be taken as providing new insight. Of course the fact men wrote down those facts only demonstrates that said knowledge was already available.

I'm not aware of anything the koran says that would be something beyond the knowledge of an ordinary person, perhaps you could copy and paste some stuff as i am sure you wouldn't actually know yourself as everything you are saying is purely opinion...

if the knowledge as well beyond their capability I would argue that shows a greater intelligence inspired them to write it...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:25 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

These are just opinions of yours though. If I was talking to a Muslim they'd be telling me the same, with about as much real authority as you have to be fair.

The Koran and the Bible both contain ideas and knowledge and understood a certain way can be taken as providing new insight. Of course the fact men wrote down those facts only demonstrates that said knowledge was already available.

I'm not aware of anything the koran says that would be something beyond the knowledge of an ordinary person, perhaps you could copy and paste some stuff as i am sure you wouldn't actually know yourself as everything you are saying is purely opinion...

if the knowledge as well beyond their capability I would argue that shows a greater intelligence inspired them to write it...

I'm am telling you what I have heard from Muslim posters and read elsewhere. I have no interest in following up on it since I believe their claims of the Koran to be as pitiful as those of Christians about the Bible.

You however have a reason to present the Bible a certain way.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

I'm not aware of anything the koran says that would be something beyond the knowledge of an ordinary person, perhaps you could copy and paste some stuff as i am sure you wouldn't actually know yourself as everything you are saying is purely opinion...

if the knowledge as well beyond their capability I would argue that shows a greater intelligence inspired them to write it...

I'm am telling you what I have heard from Muslim posters and read elsewhere. I have no interest in following up on it since I believe their claims of the Koran to be as pitiful as those of Christians about the Bible.

You however have a reason to present the Bible a certain way.

I see it as an obvious proof of the bible being God inspired...

i find non believers normally ask for proof...

I don't blame you on not reading the koran...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:31 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I'm am telling you what I have heard from Muslim posters and read elsewhere. I have no interest in following up on it since I believe their claims of the Koran to be as pitiful as those of Christians about the Bible.

You however have a reason to present the Bible a certain way.

I see it as an obvious proof of the bible being God inspired...

i find non believers normally ask for proof...

I don't blame you on not reading the koran...

Only because you want to believe it. Which I appreciate. Some people need to believe in something greater, for various reasons- life isn't so great for them, they don't see much point in living without religion to give them meaning, they enjoy the social aspect etc etc, many reasons.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

I see it as an obvious proof of the bible being God inspired...

i find non believers normally ask for proof...

I don't blame you on not reading the koran...

Only because you want to believe it. Which I appreciate. Some people need to believe in something greater, for various reasons- life isn't so great for them, they don't see much point in living without religion to give them meaning, they enjoy the social aspect etc etc, many reasons.

as Paul said " for I am convinced", it seems some truth had convinced him, some undeniable proof had convinced him that the bible as true, that what it said was true, some may say he moved beyond faith...

faith is not a crutch in fact it makes life more difficult in many ways and opens you to lots of persecution...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:50 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Only because you want to believe it. Which I appreciate. Some people need to believe in something greater, for various reasons- life isn't so great for them, they don't see much point in living without religion to give them meaning, they enjoy the social aspect etc etc, many reasons.

as Paul said " for I am convinced", it seems some truth had convinced him, some undeniable proof had convinced him that the bible as true, that what it said was true, some may say he moved beyond faith...

faith is not a crutch in fact it makes life more difficult in many ways and opens you to lots of persecution...

It's a crutch for those who fear death and no knowing what comes after. That's why it was so prevalent in the Middle Ages and remains prevalent in war torn and poverty stricken areas (ie: the Middle East and Africa).

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

as Paul said " for I am convinced", it seems some truth had convinced him, some undeniable proof had convinced him that the bible as true, that what it said was true, some may say he moved beyond faith...

faith is not a crutch in fact it makes life more difficult in many ways and opens you to lots of persecution...

It's a crutch for those who fear death and no knowing what comes after. That's why it was so prevalent in the Middle Ages and remains prevalent in war torn and poverty stricken areas (ie: the Middle East and Africa).

yet so many are persecuted for believing, even to the point of death, from personal experience I would say it causes more troubles in life, obviously you wouldn't consider this but to believers we know there is an enemy , this enemy seems to start his tricks once you believe, which is reasonable why wake a sleeping lion...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:00 pm

Yes people are persecuted to the point of death. Not in secular England or France or Canada of course, but in the religion obsessed Middle East, Africa, South Asia and even Burma. In those places of course being an atheist would cause you even more problems. Fact remains, people believe because they fear death and the unknown, for them faith provides their only certainty in life.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Too many Christian-haters on this forum. No

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Don't start whinging again raggs, in any case I'm criticising all religion here not just Christianity, or did you miss that part? Why not just argue point rather than try shutting it down with your complaining?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Eilzel wrote:Don't start whinging again raggs, in any case I'm criticising all religion here not just Christianity, or did you miss that part? Why not just argue point rather than try shutting it down with your complaining?

You're a Christian hater - like Quill, Didge, and Ben.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:05 pm

There's no point arguing with you about it anyway. You are a bigot, and you've made up your mind already.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Whatever, amazing as it seems HF is actually more interesting to debate with than you are.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Don't start whinging again raggs, in any case I'm criticising all religion here not just Christianity, or did you miss that part? Why not just argue point rather than try shutting it down with your complaining?

You're a Christian hater - like Quill, Didge, and Ben.






There is only so often you can play the victim card and make false accusations.
The fact of the matter is you play this and wrongly accuse anytime you cannot answer questions.
None of us hate Christians, by far most Christians are fine, some are idiots, even extremists which are rightly condemned but ideas within the religion are not fine and are rightly criticised. All you are doing is trying to shout down and censure legitimate criticism


Last edited by Belatucadros on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Eilzel wrote:Whatever, amazing as it seems HF is actually more interesting to debate with than you are.

I have no interest in your bigotry.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Don't respond to me then.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Eilzel wrote:Yes people are persecuted to the point of death. Not in secular England or France or Canada of course, but in the religion obsessed Middle East, Africa, South Asia and even Burma. In those places of course being an atheist would cause you even more problems. Fact remains, people believe because they fear death and the unknown, for them faith provides their only certainty in life.

it is not a fact other than in your mind....

so because they fear death, they join a faith that will open them up to being killed for what they believe, that makes no sense at all...

persecution as you should know comes in many forms, look at the bakers and B&B it's not a good time to be a Christian business, not to mention everyone thinks you are an idiot for believing...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Whatever, amazing as it seems HF is actually more interesting to debate with than you are.

I have no interest in your bigotry.



Then stop spoiling the thread and wasting his time with inane replies, because you are too oversensitive to genuine criticism

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:17 pm

Most people have a religion so everyone certainly doesn't think religious people are stupid.

Real persecution is criminalising people for doing nothing wrong or banning people from businesses or killing them- you know, like happened to black and gay people for a long time.

And they accept religion (or in most cases just stick to one mummy and daddy gave them) because it means even if they die they will be ok- kind of like a divine safety blanket Smile

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Eilzel wrote:Most people have a religion so everyone certainly doesn't think religious people are stupid.

Real persecution is criminalising people for doing nothing wrong or banning people from businesses or killing them- you know, like happened to black and gay people for a long time.

And they accept religion (or in most cases just stick to one mummy and daddy gave them) because it means even if they die they will be ok- kind of like a divine safety blanket Smile

But those two religious bed & breakfast owners in Marazion,Cornwall were criminalized for doing nothing wrong.Remember,two or three years ago when the gay mafia set them up?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I have no interest in your bigotry.



Then stop spoiling the thread and wasting his time with inane replies, because you are too oversensitive to genuine criticism

Well I was going to stop, but now I won't.

Why should I stand by when you and others are blatantly bigoted towards Christians?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Eilzel wrote:Most people have a religion so everyone certainly doesn't think religious people are stupid.

Real persecution is criminalising people for doing nothing wrong or banning people from businesses or killing them- you know, like happened to black and gay people for a long time.

And they accept religion (or in most cases just stick to one mummy and daddy gave them) because it means even if they die they will be ok- kind of like a divine safety blanket Smile

You're wrong - as usual, and you're being a twat. Just because you're bitter, that doesn't mean you have to be nasty about Christians.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:



Then stop spoiling the thread and wasting his time with inane replies, because you are too oversensitive to genuine criticism

Well I was going to stop, but now I won't.

Why should I stand by when you and others are blatantly bigoted towards Christians?



Boring, change the stuck record, as you have no justifications for your false accusations.
Like I say you are just trying to shout down genuine discourse and criticism. You will only be happy once you have derailed and stopped the thread

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Well raggs if you are going to stand up then at least say something worth saying instead of just drowning us in tears.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Eilzel wrote:Well raggs if you are going to stand up then at least say something worth saying instead of just drowning us in tears.

Like your tears when someone says something you don't like about gay people?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Most people have a religion so everyone certainly doesn't think religious people are stupid.

Real persecution is criminalising people for doing nothing wrong or banning people from businesses or killing them- you know, like happened to black and gay people for a long time.

And they accept religion (or in most cases just stick to one mummy and daddy gave them) because it means even if they die they will be ok- kind of like a divine safety blanket Smile

You're wrong - as usual, and you're being a twat. Just because you're bitter, that doesn't mean you have to be nasty about Christians.


Lies, followed by more lies, followed by mores lies.
If you continue to attempt to in this poor game you are playing I shall ask the admin to intervene, as you are deliberately attempting to derail the thread.
You have been warned

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Well raggs if you are going to stand up then at least say something worth saying instead of just drowning us in tears.

Like your tears when someone says something you don't like about gay people?


You still cannot grasp this can you.
Homosexuals are people, religions are ideas.Can you spot the difference?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:33 pm

So raggs, your just going to bitch instead of actually present an argument?

At least when I counter inane homophobia I do so within the context of a proper counter argument.

You are just spitting feathers. It's the boringness of it that gets me the most.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:36 pm

Eilzel wrote:So raggs, your just going to bitch instead of actually present an argument?

At least when I counter inane homophobia I do so within the context of a proper counter argument.

You are just spitting feathers. It's the boringness of it that gets me the most.

You're just bitching about Christians. You cry about the things HF calls gay people, and then you sit there bitching about Christians.

Hypocrite.


Last edited by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:36 pm

You think saying that same thing over and over again about faith being "just a crutch" doesn't get boring?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:38 pm

It's called a debate raggs. You haven't added anything to this one. Carry on if you like but I'm done with you, you're actually boring me to sleep.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:It's called a debate raggs. You haven't added anything to this one. Carry on if you like but I'm done with you, you're actually boring me to sleep.

Best place for you - it might stop you going on and on and on.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Eilzel wrote:It's called a debate raggs. You haven't added anything to this one. Carry on if you like but I'm done with you, you're actually boring me to sleep.



That is her childish intent. To stop the debate.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Eilzel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:43 pm

It seems so. In fairness to her it is late anyway so I should be off. I'll leave them to you, see yah didge Smile

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5484
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 31
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:45 pm

Eilzel wrote:It seems so. In fairness to her it is late anyway so I should be off. I'll leave them to you, see yah didge Smile



Have a good evening Eilzel... Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Like your tears when someone says something you don't like about gay people?


You still cannot grasp this can you.
Homosexuals are people, religions are ideas.Can you spot the difference?

what...believers are people, they have every right to be upset or angry when they are called or mocked....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Eilzel wrote:It's called a debate raggs. You haven't added anything to this one. Carry on if you like but I'm done with you, you're actually boring me to sleep.



That is her childish intent. To stop the debate.

You say that as if you debate anything. When you're not copying and pasting, you're slagging off someone's father.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 27025
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:18 pm

Eilzel wrote:So raggs, your just going to bitch instead of actually present an argument?

At least when I counter inane homophobia I do so within the context of a proper counter argument.

You are just spitting feathers. It's the boringness of it that gets me the most.

there he goes with the boring word again...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Religion is man-made, not God-made and beware only, the Religious Blind Mice

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:04 am

Eilzel wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:anyway yes religion is man made, faith is much better...

I just want to try and answer these questions for fun

Do you have an organized collection of beliefs? Science Plus Human philosophy, really a disorganized collection of beliefs is a better description
Do you have a world view that relates to humanity and an order of existence? Scientific laws? Suspect not so sure I don't think anything relates to humanity any more than it relates to anything else
Does your religion have a narrative? quantum physics mixed with dreaming/traditional stories, inter-dimensional 'river' of energy
Do you recognize any symbols? yes, great serpent amongst others. but not as attached as the symbols as some are
Do you have any sacred histories that aim to explain the meaning and origin of life or the universe? quantum physics mixed with dreaming/traditional stories Plus Human philosophy (Plato is a big part)

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 15484
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum