Ireland's Gay Day

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ireland's Gay Day

Post by sassy on Sat May 23, 2015 11:00 pm

First topic message reminder :



Yes vote to equal marriage, Eurovision is on, apparently al rainbow over Cork, has to be officially the gayest day in Irish history. cheers

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17451
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
darknessss wrote:then that just goes to prove how little you know

once again Tommy proves you dont need brains to work a keyboard


If you don't like people telling you what you should believe, don't tell others either. You got some things wrong yesterday, so you're in no position to judge anyone else.

why dont you shut your mouth and crawl back up tommys anal orifice.....

YOUR problem is you cannot seperate criticism of your self from what you beleive

I dont tell anyone what to believe ....

thats up to you

nor do I tell them "what they beleive" either (which is what tommy is doing here)

I do however criticise what they espouse to beleive, when doing so is of harm to others and or is used as a standpoint drom which to attack others (however sneakily)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Actually this could be a great time to educate people on your beliefs Victor, because in many aspects you know I have nothing against them as they really do not effect the equality and well being of others. In fact I find them very interesting an there is much more I could certainly learn from them. As my knowledge mainly comes from history and will be basic at best.

Is it not true that women were held equal to men both as warriors, and rights to own lands, even to rule as Queens for example?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 26, 2015 6:39 pm

darknessss wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If you don't like people telling you what you should believe, don't tell others either. You got some things wrong yesterday, so you're in no position to judge anyone else.

why dont you shut your mouth and crawl back up tommys anal orifice.....

YOUR problem is you cannot seperate criticism of your self from what you beleive

I dont tell anyone what to believe ....

thats up to you

nor do I tell them "what they beleive" either (which is what tommy is doing here)

I do however criticise what they espouse to beleive, when doing so is of harm to others and or is used as a standpoint drom which to attack others  (however sneakily)

Oh dear - you really do think you're a big warrior don't you? Razz

You got some things wrong about me - you told me what I believe - and you got it wrong. Instead of acknowledging that, you got even more mouthy.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
darknessss wrote:

why dont you shut your mouth and crawl back up tommys anal orifice.....

YOUR problem is you cannot seperate criticism of your self from what you beleive

I dont tell anyone what to believe ....

thats up to you

nor do I tell them "what they beleive" either (which is what tommy is doing here)

I do however criticise what they espouse to beleive, when doing so is of harm to others and or is used as a standpoint drom which to attack others  (however sneakily)

Oh dear - you really do think you're a big warrior don't you? Razz

You got some things wrong about me - you told me what I believe - and you got it wrong. Instead of acknowledging that, you got even more mouthy.



This coming from the person who claimed they had nothing against homosexuals whilst in the same sentence used a sarcastic and poor view of referring to homosexuality as "gayness":

Nems defended me actually, and I don't have anything against gay marriage or gayness.

Gayness

1. A nebulous, ill-defined term referring to the measure of one's homosexuality (male); composed of several markers including body shape, vocal inflections, hand movements, clothing.
2. Sarcastic term


Clearly that certainly implies you do not have some issues in regards to homosexuality.
So where people claim something, there own words give away how they truly feel, so Victor was in no way wrong.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 6:58 pm

TWO things to remember

1 this is from an american site and thuse much to the "american view of things
2 This is a "generalised statement" NOT a fixed binding definition...so take note of the first paragraph ESPECIALLY




What Do Druids Believe?


Borrowed under "fair use" terms from....... http://www.coastoakgrove.com

Many of the members of Ár nDraíocht Féin: A Druid Fellowship, Inc. (ADF) have come to accept most of the following beliefs. However, it's important to remember that not everyone would use the term "belief" in reference to these concepts, and that every concept mentioned has a wide variety of accepted interpretations within the organization.
Goddesses and Gods

We believe that divinity is as likely to manifest in a female form as it is in a male form, and that the word "Goddess" makes just as much sense as "God.” Women and men are spiritually equal, and "masculine" and "feminine" attitudes, values, and roles are of equal importance.
Polytheism

We believe in a multiplicity of gods and goddesses, as well as lesser beings, many of Whom are worthy of respect, love and worship. We have a wide variety of nonexclusive concepts as to the nature of these entities. While some of us believe in a "Supreme Being," Neopagan Druidism is emphatically polytheistic. We have no figure of ultimate Evil.
Nature Worship

We believe that it is necessary to have respect and love for Nature as divine in Her own right, and to accept ourselves as part of Nature and not Her "rulers.” Many of us accept what has come to be known as "the Gaia hypothesis," that the biosphere of our planet is a living being, Who is due all the love and support that we, Her children, can give Her. We consider ecological awareness and activism to be sacred duties.

Cautious Technophilia

We believe in accepting the positive aspects of Western science and technology, but in maintaining an attitude of wariness towards the supposed ethical neutrality of that science and technology. We also consider it important that scientists (like everyone else) pay as much attention to their means as they do to their goals.

Religious Freedom

We believe that monolithic religious organizations and would-be messiahs and super gurus are a hindrance to spiritual growth. We believe that healthy religions should have a minimum amount of dogma and a maximum amount of eclecticism and flexibility. Neopagan Druidism is an organic religion, and like all other organisms is growing, changing, and producing offshoots.

Positive Ethics

We believe that ethics and morality should be based upon joy, love, self-esteem, mutual respect, the avoidance of actual harm to 'ourselves and others, and the increase of public benefit. We try to balance people's needs for personal autonomy and growth with the necessity of paying attention to the impact of each individual's actions on the lives and welfare of others.

Religious Toleration

We believe that it's difficult for ordinary humans to commit offenses against the Gods and Goddesses, short of major crimes such as ecocide or genocide. Our deities are perfectly capable of defending Their own honor without any need for us to punish people for "blasphemy" or "heresy."

The Good Life

We believe that human beings were meant to lead lives filled with joy, love, pleasure, beauty and humor. Most Neopagans are fond of food, drink, music, sex, and bad puns, and consider all of these (except possibly the puns) to be of spiritual value. However, we do not approve of addictive or compulsive behavior and we support people with dysfunctional histories who have entered appropriate recovery programs.

Magic and Mystery

We believe that with proper training, art, discipline and intent, human minds and our hearts are fully capable of performing most the magic and miracles they are ever likely to need. Magical/miraculous acts are done through the use of what most of us perceive as natural (some say "divinely granted") psychic talents.

Liturgical Art and Science

We believe that there is an art and a science to creating, preparing and performing worship rituals. Our worship celebrations are continually evolving as we search for the most intellectually satisfying, artistically beautiful, spiritually powerful, and magically effective rites possible
.
Connecting to the Cosmos

We believe in the importance of celebrating the solar, lunar and other cycles of our lives. We consciously observe the solstices, equinoxes and the points in between, as well as the phases of the moon. Such "rites of intensification" are human universals, as are the various ceremonies known as "rites of passage" -- celebrations of: birth, puberty, personal dedication to a given deity or group, marriage, ordination, death, etc. Together these various sorts of observations help us to find ourselves in space and time.

Born Again Paganism

Many of us believe in some sort of afterlife, usually involving rest and recovery in the Otherworld before reincarnating. We have no concept of "eternal" punishment, refusing to worship deities who could be that cruel.

Hope and Action

We believe that people have the ability to solve their current problems, both personal and public, and to create a better world. Our utopian vision, tempered with common sense, leads us to a strong commitment to personal and global growth, evolution and balance.

Mystic Vision

We believe that people can progress far towards achieving personal growth, evolution and balance through the carefully planned alteration of their "normal" states of consciousness. We use both ancient and modern methods of concentration, meditation, reprogramming and ecstasy.

Community Responsibility

We believe that human interdependence implies community service. Some of us are active in political, social, ecological and charitable organizations, while others prefer to work for the public good primarily through spiritual means (and many insist on doing both).

Authenticity

We believe that if we are to achieve any of our goals, we must practice what we preach. Neopagan Druidism, like any other religion, should be a way of life, not merely a weekly or monthly social function. So we must always strive to make our lives consistent with our proclaimed beliefs.

Cooperation and Defense

We believe in cooperation and ecumenical activities with those members of other faiths who share all or most of these beliefs. We also believe in resisting efforts by members of dysfunctional religions who seek to persecute us or suppress our human rights. There's more to our beliefs than these few details, of course, and a great deal of variation in how these beliefs are extended to cover other topics. Some of our members are pacifists and others are in the military; some are animal rights activists and vegetarians, others are carnivorous hunters; some are committed to conservative and others to alternative life styles. We actively encourage everyone to apply these principles to the practical questions of their daily lives.

Thou Art God/dess

We believe that divinity is both immanent (internal) and transcendent (external), with immanence being far more important for us to pay attention to at this crucial phase of human history. Deities can manifest at any point in space or time, which They might choose, including within human beings (through the processes known as "inspiration," "channeling," and "possession").


and hence we are not bound by nonsenical dogma or some musty old (and inaccurate) book.....



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 26, 2015 7:06 pm

So you believe in deities, but you're not religious.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
darknessss wrote:

why dont you shut your mouth and crawl back up tommys anal orifice.....

YOUR problem is you cannot seperate criticism of your self from what you beleive

I dont tell anyone what to believe ....

thats up to you

nor do I tell them "what they beleive" either (which is what tommy is doing here)

I do however criticise what they espouse to beleive, when doing so is of harm to others and or is used as a standpoint drom which to attack others  (however sneakily)

Oh dear - you really do think you're a big warrior don't you? Razz

You got some things wrong about me - you told me what I believe - and you got it wrong. Instead of acknowledging that, you got even more mouthy.

well....if you dont believe it ...dont spout it....simples...like you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 26, 2015 7:13 pm

darknessss wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Oh dear - you really do think you're a big warrior don't you? Razz

You got some things wrong about me - you told me what I believe - and you got it wrong. Instead of acknowledging that, you got even more mouthy.

well....if you dont believe it ...dont spout it....simples...like you

I didn't - you just assumed ...


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 7:14 pm

darknessss wrote:TWO things to remember

1 this is from an american site and thuse much to the "american view of things
2 This is a "generalised statement" NOT a fixed binding definition...so take note of the first paragraph ESPECIALLY




What Do Druids Believe?


Borrowed under "fair use" terms from.......  http://www.coastoakgrove.com

Many of the members of Ár nDraíocht Féin: A Druid Fellowship, Inc. (ADF) have come to accept most of the following beliefs. However, it's important to remember that not everyone would use the term "belief" in reference to these concepts, and that every concept mentioned has a wide variety of accepted interpretations within the organization.
Goddesses and Gods

We believe that divinity is as likely to manifest in a female form as it is in a male form, and that the word "Goddess" makes just as much sense as "God.” Women and men are spiritually equal, and "masculine" and "feminine" attitudes, values, and roles are of equal importance.
Polytheism

We believe in a multiplicity of gods and goddesses, as well as lesser beings, many of Whom are worthy of respect, love and worship. We have a wide variety of nonexclusive concepts as to the nature of these entities. While some of us believe in a "Supreme Being," Neopagan Druidism is emphatically polytheistic. We have no figure of ultimate Evil.
Nature Worship

We believe that it is necessary to have respect and love for Nature as divine in Her own right, and to accept ourselves as part of Nature and not Her "rulers.” Many of us accept what has come to be known as "the Gaia hypothesis," that the biosphere of our planet is a living being, Who is due all the love and support that we, Her children, can give Her. We consider ecological awareness and activism to be sacred duties.

Cautious Technophilia

We believe in accepting the positive aspects of Western science and technology, but in maintaining an attitude of wariness towards the supposed ethical neutrality of that science and technology. We also consider it important that scientists (like everyone else) pay as much attention to their means as they do to their goals.

Religious Freedom

We believe that monolithic religious organizations and would-be messiahs and super gurus are a hindrance to spiritual growth. We believe that healthy religions should have a minimum amount of dogma and a maximum amount of eclecticism and flexibility. Neopagan Druidism is an organic religion, and like all other organisms is growing, changing, and producing offshoots.

Positive Ethics

We believe that ethics and morality should be based upon joy, love, self-esteem, mutual respect, the avoidance of actual harm to 'ourselves and others, and the increase of public benefit. We try to balance people's needs for personal autonomy and growth with the necessity of paying attention to the impact of each individual's actions on the lives and welfare of others.

Religious Toleration

We believe that it's difficult for ordinary humans to commit offenses against the Gods and Goddesses, short of major crimes such as ecocide or genocide. Our deities are perfectly capable of defending Their own honor without any need for us to punish people for "blasphemy" or "heresy."

The Good Life

We believe that human beings were meant to lead lives filled with joy, love, pleasure, beauty and humor. Most Neopagans are fond of food, drink, music, sex, and bad puns, and consider all of these (except possibly the puns) to be of spiritual value. However, we do not approve of addictive or compulsive behavior and we support people with dysfunctional histories who have entered appropriate recovery programs.

Magic and Mystery

We believe that with proper training, art, discipline and intent, human minds and our hearts are fully capable of performing most the magic and miracles they are ever likely to need. Magical/miraculous acts are done through the use of what most of us perceive as natural (some say "divinely granted") psychic talents.

Liturgical Art and Science

We believe that there is an art and a science to creating, preparing and performing worship rituals. Our worship celebrations are continually evolving as we search for the most intellectually satisfying, artistically beautiful, spiritually powerful, and magically effective rites possible
.
Connecting to the Cosmos

We believe in the importance of celebrating the solar, lunar and other cycles of our lives. We consciously observe the solstices, equinoxes and the points in between, as well as the phases of the moon. Such "rites of intensification" are human universals, as are the various ceremonies known as "rites of passage" -- celebrations of: birth, puberty, personal dedication to a given deity or group, marriage, ordination, death, etc. Together these various sorts of observations help us to find ourselves in space and time.

Born Again Paganism

Many of us believe in some sort of afterlife, usually involving rest and recovery in the Otherworld before reincarnating. We have no concept of "eternal" punishment, refusing to worship deities who could be that cruel.

Hope and Action

We believe that people have the ability to solve their current problems, both personal and public, and to create a better world. Our utopian vision, tempered with common sense, leads us to a strong commitment to personal and global growth, evolution and balance.

Mystic Vision

We believe that people can progress far towards achieving personal growth, evolution and balance through the carefully planned alteration of their "normal" states of consciousness. We use both ancient and modern methods of concentration, meditation, reprogramming and ecstasy.

Community Responsibility

We believe that human interdependence implies community service. Some of us are active in political, social, ecological and charitable organizations, while others prefer to work for the public good primarily through spiritual means (and many insist on doing both).

Authenticity

We believe that if we are to achieve any of our goals, we must practice what we preach. Neopagan Druidism, like any other religion, should be a way of life, not merely a weekly or monthly social function. So we must always strive to make our lives consistent with our proclaimed beliefs.

Cooperation and Defense

We believe in cooperation and ecumenical activities with those members of other faiths who share all or most of these beliefs. We also believe in resisting efforts by members of dysfunctional religions who seek to persecute us or suppress our human rights. There's more to our beliefs than these few details, of course, and a great deal of variation in how these beliefs are extended to cover other topics. Some of our members are pacifists and others are in the military; some are animal rights activists and vegetarians, others are carnivorous hunters; some are committed to conservative and others to alternative life styles. We actively encourage everyone to apply these principles to the practical questions of their daily lives.

Thou Art God/dess

We believe that divinity is both immanent (internal) and transcendent (external), with immanence being far more important for us to pay attention to at this crucial phase of human history. Deities can manifest at any point in space or time, which They might choose, including within human beings (through the processes known as "inspiration," "channeling," and "possession").


and hence we are not bound by nonsenical dogma or some musty old (and inaccurate) book.....




Cheers mate, that is interesting. I would not concern yourself with Rags, seriously mate, allow her to contradict herself as she often does. I know I am a fine one to talk, but I really think they are looking for cat fights. Deny them this by easily countering their points and it will bug them to hell.

Laughing


Last edited by Belatucadros on Tue May 26, 2015 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So you believe in deities, but you're not religious.

I will accept there may be a difference between our individual definition of religious...

I equate a "religious" person to a fundie....obsessive and agressive in their belief

I do not consider the average follower of a beleif to be "religious" in that sense (which is the sense in which it is normally used on here)

a very good friend of mine is a devout christian but i would not consider him "religious"

yet another is a wiccan whom I would consider (and against all the tenets of what he thinks he beleives in) is "religious"

go figure.............

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
darknessss wrote:

well....if you dont believe it ...dont spout it....simples...like you

I didn't - you just assumed ...


you gave me good grounds for assuming Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 26, 2015 7:22 pm

darknessss wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I didn't - you just assumed ...


you gave me good grounds for assuming Razz

So you've changed your tune now.

I have good grounds for assuming you're a moron ...

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 7:26 pm

well I dont assume that of you....


merely that you are a spoilt brat, and a total ignoramus to boot....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 26, 2015 7:35 pm

darknessss wrote:well I dont assume that of you....


merely that you are a spoilt brat, and a total ignoramus to boot....

I'm more intelligent than you, warrior. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 7:39 pm

you reckon??

you wouldnt know "education" if it slapped you in the face with a wet fish.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 7:40 pm

I feel I must warn you at this point that I am a fully qualified "man bitch"......trained and certifed by my daughter


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 26, 2015 7:52 pm

darknessss wrote:I feel I must warn you at this point that I am a fully qualified "man bitch"......trained and certifed by my daughter


In that case, I give in. lol!

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 8:01 pm

At least you have the virtue of a sense of humour raggs
cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 26, 2015 8:04 pm

darknessss wrote:At least you have the virtue of a sense of humour raggs
cheers

Occasionally - maybe. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 29351
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue May 26, 2015 8:15 pm

darknessss wrote:answers? to what

how can anyone hope to answer a question that is so stupid in its nature as to be brainless


see tommy you said

"Also druids believe that animals are sacred too and that they shouldn't harm any sentient being... while darkness is out there like Elmer Fudd, blasting them away!!!!


and yet

the truth is they believe nothing of the sort, thats just your ignorance and lack of education shining through once again

considering that originally druids were warrior priests, as adept with a sword as with a staff..........

for sure there are a few vegans and veggies amongst druids, just the same as there are everywhere, they follow their own path,


as for the rest of that statement it merely shows what an ignorant pig you truely are.....

you have no idea of how or how much I hunt...or why

you I bet eat meat.....so that having been established shut up you bloody hypocrite....

your meat is maltreated in the production, stressed in transport and then maltreated again at the slaughterhouse......

you really are a simpleton.....you believe all the crap you read in the Mail.....



"...For many Druids today the primary position of love and respect towards all creatures extends to include a belief in the idea of causing no harm to any sentient being...


http://www.druidry.org/druid-way/druid-beliefs


In fact most of what it says on that link sounds exactly like me and my outlook on life...!


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19217
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Tommy Bloomer is setting himself up for another big fall I see lol.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 pm

I suggest you read your link again Tommy Blooper

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 8:34 pm

The double rainbow wasn't God's blessing .

Bows appear in the prophetic book of Revelation, which foretell the end of man's rule on the earth and the coming of Jesus to set up his Kingdom. The first mention in Revelation appears when the apostle John uses it to describe the glory and power of God on his throne.

1. After these things I looked, and behold, a door opened in heaven . . . 3. And He Who was sitting was in appearance like a jasper stone and a sardius stone; and a rainbow was around the throne . . . (Revelation 4:1, 3)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 8:43 pm

and read the first paragraph ....carefully


One of the most striking characteristics of Druidism is the degree to which it is free of dogma and any fixed set of beliefs or practices. In this way it manages to offer a spiritual path, and a way of being in the world that avoids many of the problems of intolerance and sectarianism that the established religions have encountered.

There is no ‘sacred text’ or the equivalent of a bible in Druidism and there is no universally agreed set of beliefs amongst Druids.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue May 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Belatucadros wrote:I suggest you read your link again Tommy Blooper

Why's that then baldy...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19217
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:I suggest you read your link again Tommy Blooper

Why's that then baldy...?



Loss hair syndrome, and small man syndrome, poor Tommy Bloomers and his insecurities.

Did you miss Victors post above?

Or how about the fact this sums up Victor very well, if you knew his views?

This attitude of reverence and respect extends to all creatures, and so many Druids will either be vegetarian or will eat meat, but support compassionate farming and be opposed to factory farming methods.


Victor out of anyone on here respects and loves animals the most. This is what you fail to grasp, he has advocated many times about poor farming methods and the manufacturing of meat. He also respects what he does hunt.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue May 26, 2015 9:07 pm

Yes... ok dodge... he respects many of them that much that he will blast them into kingdom come for a few quid...




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19217
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Yes... ok dodge... he respects many of them that much that he will blast them into kingdom come for a few quid...





Really, is that what you think Tommy Blooper.
How naive again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 9:19 pm

tommy cant help being a thick mail reader


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 9:25 pm

and i dont get "a few quid" for any of my shooting......
the pest control I do....which benefits you as much as anyone else, is done in exchange for the accepted permission to take edible vermin (like rabbit and pigeon) for the pot, and if I have a lot of rabbits to take (since they are pests too) then the surplus is given away to friends and family and to those who can appreciate it....
like those in the village who are unwaged or elderly and struggling.....

you really have no idea of how the countryside works do you ?




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by sassy on Tue May 26, 2015 9:32 pm

darknessss wrote:and i dont get "a few quid" for any of my shooting......
the pest control I do....which benefits you as much as anyone else, is done in exchange for the accepted permission to take edible vermin (like rabbit and pigeon) for the pot, and if I have a lot of rabbits to take (since they are pests too) then the surplus is given away to friends and family and to those who can appreciate it....
like those in the village who are unwaged or elderly and struggling.....

you really have no idea of how the countryside works do you ?




Evening Victor, better to eat a rabbit that has had a great life in the wild and lived as it should do, than a chicken that has been shot full of antibiotics and kept in a small cage all its life.   Tommy doesn't seem to get that following natures way and eating animals that have led completely natural lives in the wild follows our path completely.

Might not shoot them myself, but thank goodness for our butcher who has wild rabbits in season and a man who does exactly what you do. He also has cows that live on the water meadows and form the staple of his beef sales.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17451
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue May 26, 2015 10:19 pm

So the price for being allowed to kill some animals is being required to carry out the killing of some other animals...



So much for this part of the druid beliefs then...





"...For many Druids today the primary position of love and respect towards all creatures extends to include a belief in the idea of causing no harm to any sentient being..."



And You have highlighted these two bits of the link I posted...


"...free of dogma and any fixed set of beliefs or practices..."

"...no universally agreed set of beliefs amongst Druids..."



So, out of interest, what exactly is there that DOES define a druid as such...?


I have a spiritual belief, I have a deep respect for nature, I don't follow any organised religion, I believe in peace and love... am I a druid?




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19217
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:The double rainbow wasn't God's blessing .

Bows appear  in the prophetic book of Revelation, which foretell the end of man's rule on the earth and the coming of Jesus to set up his Kingdom. The first mention in Revelation appears when the apostle John uses it to describe the glory and power of God on his throne.

1. After these things I looked, and behold, a door opened in heaven . . . 3. And He Who was sitting was in appearance like a jasper stone and a sardius stone; and a rainbow was around the throne . . . (Revelation 4:1, 3)
amen... i hope it is soon..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by sassy on Tue May 26, 2015 10:46 pm

There you go Ben, Christians praying for the 'End Times'. And of course Christianity is all about life isn't it! Yea right!

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17451
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 10:55 pm

it is inevitable, Christians don't pray for the end times it is coming, there is no need to pray for it...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So the price for being allowed to kill some animals is being required to carry out the killing of some other animals...



So much for this part of the druid beliefs then...





"...For many Druids today the primary position of love and respect towards all creatures extends to include a belief in the idea of causing no harm to any sentient being..."

BUT NOT ALL doh!!! and that many, is by no means a majority



And You have highlighted these two bits of the link I posted...


"...free of dogma and any fixed set of beliefs or practices..."

"...no universally agreed set of beliefs amongst Druids..."



So, out of interest, what exactly is there that DOES define a druid as such...?


I have a spiritual belief, I have a deep respect for nature, I don't follow any organised religion, I believe in peace and love... am I a druid?

possibly but not necessarily....since those things are but part of the whole....

you might for instance be a bard or an ovate rather than a druid

since "druidry" (the beleif system) encompasses all three disciplines

also do not take what is on these supposed "official sites" (they arent) as being either complete or totally accurate, nor should you consider that they are endorsed by "the majority" (they arent) they are a "noisy minority" there are far more (independant, so called "hedge druids") out there than are represented by these organisations

these "druidic organisations" are NOT something like a "church", which has any authority over or the right to make statements on behalf of druids generally.





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 11:04 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:it is inevitable, Christians don't pray for the end times it is coming, there is no need to pray for it...

yeah yeah ....


they have been "comming" for the psat 2000 plus years......

the longest orgasm ever......


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 11:07 pm

darknessss wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:it is inevitable, Christians don't pray for the end times it is coming, there is no need to pray for it...

yeah yeah ....


they have been "comming" for the psat 2000 plus years......

the longest orgasm ever......

2000 years is just the blink of an eye in eternity but it will come and there will be a judgement.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 11:14 pm

yeah in about another 40 odd BILLION years

when the sun turns into a red dwarf

i can wait.......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 11:16 pm

darknessss wrote:yeah in about another 40 odd BILLION years

when the sun turns into a red dwarf

i can wait.......
It might be by a seemingly natural event but it will come... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 11:38 pm

in about 40 odd BILLION years....

when.......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 11:40 pm

no one knows the day or the hour, mind yu a few mormons and jw's have tried to guess...

but it is coming...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Wed May 27, 2015 12:03 am

so is the hour of the great green bog brush......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed May 27, 2015 12:23 am


Vic... I hope you realise that I've just been having a little bit of fun and games with you on this thread... no malice intended and I hope no offence has been taken...


I genuinely respect your views and opinions that you post.


And I freely admit that I don't believe everything I post on here, I sometimes like to pursue a point or opinion just to explore a subject or topic further so as to have a wider understanding etc.


Could you elaborate on these bits of your post please...?

"...you might for instance be a bard or an ovate rather than a druid

since "druidry" (the beleif system) encompasses all three disciplines..."


Please define bard, ovate and druid a little more, what makes them part of the same set and what makes them different and in there own separate subset etc, and what you mean by having to be all three?



If you don't mind that is... genuinely interested!


Cool









_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19217
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by sassy on Wed May 27, 2015 12:29 am

Not being funny Tommy, but it was Victor who got me interested in Paganism and made me see I had always been Pagan without realising it.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17451
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Wed May 27, 2015 12:31 am

brainwashed not surprised..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 am

have a look here

http://www.druidry.co.uk/

use the menu bar

hover over "what is druidry"

then choose from the drop down

"bard ovate and druid"

then follow the next drop down


if that makes sense


that explains things better than I can

but again its not the WHOLE story

since they dont acknowledge the "solitary or hedge druid"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Guest on Wed May 27, 2015 12:33 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:brainwashed not surprised..

I'd say that of you...except you have no brain to wash........

pagans find their own path.....

unlike you who needs a "handbook " to live by......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed May 27, 2015 12:44 am

Will have a look tomorrow, thanks.




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 19217
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by sassy on Wed May 27, 2015 12:51 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:brainwashed not surprised..

You wouldn't understand HF, Victor simply got me to look within myself, not at things he said or anything he tried to teach me, just advised me to listen to myself and trust my own judgement.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17451
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ireland's Gay Day

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum