Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Sat May 16, 2015 9:10 pm

had it not been for ukip labours drubbing could have been far far worse.
there are 61 seats that labour took entirely because ukip stood and stopped the tories.
Of course some of them may well not have voted tory, but 61 seats is a big chunk of the rump labour party



there were also 6 seats that went to labour that had tories voted ukip would have gone to ukip.


Labour owes a massive vote of thanks to ukip for stopping the defeat becoming a rout.
the full results can be found here
http://www.britishelectionstudy.com/custom/uploads/2015/05/BES-2015-General-Election-results-file-v1.0.xlsx

#Labour Fail #VoteUKIPGetLabour

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Mon May 18, 2015 1:49 pm

I thought this would have had a response from the died in the wool reds under the bed, although I do accept most of them have now turned yellow.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Wed May 20, 2015 9:01 am

Cameron should be thanking the LibDems for putting him back into Downing Street because it was them that did it by being punished by the electorate for their deceip and collaboration with the Tories. They got smashed and it was the Tories picking up seats where they were previously lying in second place that gave him the extra seats he needed.

Cameron's campaign didn't hit the mark with the voters because they never increasd their vote share by as much as Labour did. Cameron is squating in No. 10 on the back of a collapse by the LibDems not because of anything he did. Here's the figures..



UKIP increased by the most and of those that increased their share the Tories were the worst.

Amazing huh!


_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 9:23 am

Irn Bru wrote:Cameron should be thanking the LibDems for putting him back into Downing Street because it was them that did it by being punished by the electorate for their deceip and collaboration with the Tories. They got smashed and it was the Tories picking up seats where they were previously lying in second place that gave him the extra seats he needed.

Cameron's campaign didn't hit the mark with the voters because they never increasd their vote share by as much as Labour did. Cameron is squating in No. 10 on the back of a collapse by the LibDems not because of anything he did. Here's the figures..



UKIP increased by the most and of those that increased their share the Tories were the worst.

Amazing huh!

and labour should be thanking UKIP for the 61 seats they handed to them.
its odd how lib dems punish the party by voting for the party they disagreed with the lib dems supporting.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Wed May 20, 2015 9:26 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Cameron should be thanking the LibDems for putting him back into Downing Street because it was them that did it by being punished by the electorate for their deceip and collaboration with the Tories. They got smashed and it was the Tories picking up seats where they were previously lying in second place that gave him the extra seats he needed.

Cameron's campaign didn't hit the mark with the voters because they never increasd their vote share by as much as Labour did. Cameron is squating in No. 10 on the back of a collapse by the LibDems not because of anything he did. Here's the figures..



UKIP increased by the most and of those that increased their share the Tories were the worst.

Amazing huh!

and labour should be thanking UKIP for the 61 seats they handed to them.
its odd how lib dems punish the party by voting for the party they disagreed with the lib dems supporting.

These figures I posted don't lie.

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 9:44 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Cameron should be thanking the LibDems for putting him back into Downing Street because it was them that did it by being punished by the electorate for their deceip and collaboration with the Tories. They got smashed and it was the Tories picking up seats where they were previously lying in second place that gave him the extra seats he needed.

Cameron's campaign didn't hit the mark with the voters because they never increasd their vote share by as much as Labour did. Cameron is squating in No. 10 on the back of a collapse by the LibDems not because of anything he did. Here's the figures..



UKIP increased by the most and of those that increased their share the Tories were the worst.

Amazing huh!

and labour should be thanking UKIP for the 61 seats they handed to them.
its odd how lib dems punish the party by voting for the party they disagreed with the lib dems supporting.
yes labour increased 1.5% and lost another 25 seats. spectacular rise, I hope that continues election on election. just goes to show %ages do not always show the facts on the ground.
for instance when you average the votes over all the UK seats excluding NI you get a different picture and can perhaps understand why UKIP and greens only have 1 mp each

although ukip averaged just under half the votes per constituency that labour did so perhaps ukip are labours biggest threat now



now that is amazing

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 9:47 am

Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
and labour should be thanking UKIP for the 61 seats they handed to them.
its odd how lib dems punish the party by voting for the party they disagreed with the lib dems supporting.

These figures I posted don't lie.
they may be very truthful, but they certainly do not show an accurate picture. just looking at those figures one could wrongly assume that labour did well in the election. wiped out in scotland and lost more seats in the rest of the UK. hardly an unqualified success now was it.

The biggest winners were of course the SNP who by wiping out labour helped ensure they have even less clout in the HOC now.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Wed May 20, 2015 9:55 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
and labour should be thanking UKIP for the 61 seats they handed to them.
its odd how lib dems punish the party by voting for the party they disagreed with the lib dems supporting.

These figures I posted don't lie.
they may be very truthful, but they certainly do not show an accurate picture. just looking at those figures one could wrongly assume that labour did well in the election. wiped out in scotland and lost more seats in the rest of the UK. hardly an unqualified success now was it.

The biggest winners were of course the SNP who by wiping out labour helped ensure they have even less clout in the HOC now.

Labour didn't do well in the election but they increased their vote share by more than the Tories did. Cameron is in Downing Street not because of what he did but because of the LibDem collapse. All that happened in Scotland was that we swapped one lot of LW MPs for another lot of LW MPs.
All those Scottish accents ringing round the HoC must be like the Sound of Music to all those from the Shires Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 10:05 am

Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
they may be very truthful, but they certainly do not show an accurate picture. just looking at those figures one could wrongly assume that labour did well in the election. wiped out in scotland and lost more seats in the rest of the UK. hardly an unqualified success now was it.

The biggest winners were of course the SNP who by wiping out labour helped ensure they have even less clout in the HOC now.

Labour didn't do well in the election but they increased their vote share by more than the Tories did. Cameron is in Downing Street not because of what he did but because of the LibDem collapse. All that happened in Scotland was that we swapped one lot of LW MPs for another lot of LW MPs.
All those Scottish accents ringing round the HoC must be like the Sound of Music to all those from the Shires Laughing
you mean the scottish labour mp's did not have scottish accents?

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Wed May 20, 2015 10:09 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
they may be very truthful, but they certainly do not show an accurate picture. just looking at those figures one could wrongly assume that labour did well in the election. wiped out in scotland and lost more seats in the rest of the UK. hardly an unqualified success now was it.

The biggest winners were of course the SNP who by wiping out labour helped ensure they have even less clout in the HOC now.

Labour didn't do well in the election but they increased their vote share by more than the Tories did. Cameron is in Downing Street not because of what he did but because of the LibDem collapse. All that happened in Scotland was that we swapped one lot of LW MPs for another lot of LW MPs.
All those Scottish accents ringing round the HoC must be like the Sound of Music to all those from the Shires Laughing
you mean the scottish labour mp's did not have scottish accents?


Speaking up for Scotland with a Scottish flavour Flap. That's the difference.

You'd love it Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 10:22 am

Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
you mean the scottish labour mp's did not have scottish accents?
 

Speaking up for Scotland with a Scottish flavour Flap. That's the difference.

You'd love it Laughing
so labour didnt speak up for scotland?
the fact was many of labours big hitters in government were scottish. some could argue too many

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by sassy on Wed May 20, 2015 10:27 am

Now let me think, when was the last time Scotland voted Conservative?

The Scottish Conservatives have never recovered following the 1997 wipeout; only one Conservative MP was returned to Westminster for a Scottish constituency at the general elections of 2001, 2005, 2010 and 2015. In the Scottish Parliament, the Scottish Conservatives currently control 15 of the 129 seats, with 12 of these seats won through the system of proportional representation.


Labour or SNP, left wing and see through Conservative crap.

_________________
This planet is our home.  Our life and hers are interdependent - Doreen Valiente


The Left want to make life easier for as many people as possible, The Right want to make life easier for themselves and fuck everyone else.
avatar
sassy
Convicted Hex Offender

Posts : 17176
Join date : 2015-01-04
Age : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Wed May 20, 2015 10:33 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
you mean the scottish labour mp's did not have scottish accents?
 

Speaking up for Scotland with a Scottish flavour Flap. That's the difference.

You'd love it Laughing
so labour didnt speak up for scotland?
the fact was many of labours big hitters in government were scottish. some could argue too many

The Scottish electorate obviously didn't think they spoke up enough for Scotland but as part of the UK Labour Party they had to focus on whole UK issues didn't they?

Surely even to you as the representive of the constituency of affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid understands that Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Wed May 20, 2015 10:35 am

risingsun wrote:Now let me think, when was the last time Scotland voted Conservative?  

The Scottish Conservatives have never recovered following the 1997 wipeout; only one Conservative MP was returned to Westminster for a Scottish constituency at the general elections of 2001, 2005, 2010 and 2015. In the Scottish Parliament, the Scottish Conservatives currently control 15 of the 129 seats, with 12 of these seats won through the system of proportional representation.


Labour or SNP, left wing and see through Conservative crap.  

And it got worse.

Scottish Tories: worst vote share in its history 2015

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/scottish-tories-worst-vote-share-in-its-history.125550143

Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 1:06 pm

risingsun wrote:Now let me think, when was the last time Scotland voted Conservative?  

The Scottish Conservatives have never recovered following the 1997 wipeout; only one Conservative MP was returned to Westminster for a Scottish constituency at the general elections of 2001, 2005, 2010 and 2015. In the Scottish Parliament, the Scottish Conservatives currently control 15 of the 129 seats, with 12 of these seats won through the system of proportional representation.


Labour or SNP, left wing and see through Conservative crap.  
so now labour are as reviled in scotland as labour, what's your point. Almost ½a million people voted for the tories in scotland. I dont think I have heard one of them whining about changing the system though

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
so labour didnt speak up for scotland?
the fact was many of labours big hitters in government were scottish. some could argue too many

The Scottish electorate obviously didn't think they spoke up enough for Scotland but as part of the UK Labour Party they had to focus on whole UK issues didn't they?

Surely even to you as the representive of the constituency of Mersin in Turkey understands that Laughing

as part of the UK,yes they did. Scotland recently voted, in a once in a generation vote, to remain in the UK.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 1:09 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
risingsun wrote:Now let me think, when was the last time Scotland voted Conservative?  

The Scottish Conservatives have never recovered following the 1997 wipeout; only one Conservative MP was returned to Westminster for a Scottish constituency at the general elections of 2001, 2005, 2010 and 2015. In the Scottish Parliament, the Scottish Conservatives currently control 15 of the 129 seats, with 12 of these seats won through the system of proportional representation.


Labour or SNP, left wing and see through Conservative crap.  

And it got worse.

Scottish Tories: worst vote share in its history 2015

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/scottish-tories-worst-vote-share-in-its-history.125550143

Laughing
did the tories lose close to 50 seats in scotland? you seem to think percentages are more important than the actual winning  or in labours case LOSING seats
to put that in persepctive with percentages and all

2015 labour 1 Seat 24.3% conservative 1 Seat 14.9% lib dem 1 Seat 7.5% snp 56 Seats 50.0%

seems even with 24% labour could only hang on to 1 seat.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
so labour didnt speak up for scotland?
the fact was many of labours big hitters in government were scottish. some could argue too many

The Scottish electorate obviously didn't think they spoke up enough for Scotland but as part of the UK Labour Party they had to focus on whole UK issues didn't they?

Surely even to you as the representive of the constituency of Mersin in Turkey understands that Laughing

what's where  I may or may not live has to do with anything is rather confusing to me. But I guess it does rather point out why residents should not vote in national elections.
I think the important point on voting though is, if you support a party you should be able to bring yourself to vote for them.


Last edited by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed May 20, 2015 9:24 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
so labour didnt speak up for scotland?
the fact was many of labours big hitters in government were scottish. some could argue too many

The Scottish electorate obviously didn't think they spoke up enough for Scotland but as part of the UK Labour Party they had to focus on whole UK issues didn't they?

Surely even to you as the representive of the constituency of Mersin in Turkey understands that Laughing

what where  I may or may not live has to do with anything is rather confusing to me. But I guess it does rather point out why residents should not vote in national elections.
I think the important point on voting though is, if you support a party you should be able to bring yourself to vote for them.

Why did you complain about the mention of the city you live in to me via PM rather than in this thread, or to Irn via PM?

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
what where  I may or may not live has to do with anything is rather confusing to me. But I guess it does rather point out why residents should not vote in national elections.
I think the important point on voting though is, if you support a party you should be able to bring yourself to vote for them.

Why did you complain about the mention of the city you live in to me via PM rather than in this thread, or to Irn via PM?
I wonder why you feel the need to bring personal messages into the open forum.
you are the owner of the site so you set the rules, I wanted you to clarify the rules as there seems to be one for some and another completely different set for others.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by eddie on Wed May 20, 2015 10:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
so labour didnt speak up for scotland?
the fact was many of labours big hitters in government were scottish. some could argue too many

The Scottish electorate obviously didn't think they spoke up enough for Scotland but as part of the UK Labour Party they had to focus on whole UK issues didn't they?

Surely even to you as the representive of the constituency of Mersin in Turkey understands that Laughing

what where  I may or may not live has to do with anything is rather confusing to me. But I guess it does rather point out why residents should not vote in national elections.
I think the important point on voting though is, if you support a party you should be able to bring yourself to vote for them.

Why did you complain about the mention of the city you live in to me via PM rather than in this thread, or to Irn via PM?

Oh bloody hell Ben you're being picky tbh! Someone complained to me via pm about personal details once. So what?
No need for that really. That's bad form.

_________________
“She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.”
~ Atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed May 20, 2015 10:34 pm

I have never been unclear about the fact that I'd prefer to see people solve their problems between themselves.

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Wed May 20, 2015 10:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I have never been unclear about the fact that I'd prefer to see people solve their problems between themselves.
so you dont set the rules here?

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed May 20, 2015 10:53 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I have never been unclear about the fact that I'd prefer to see people solve their problems between themselves.
so you dont set the rules here?

Are you being deliberately stupid, or was it just accidental?

_________________
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."

-Maya Angelou
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22711
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Guest on Thu May 21, 2015 8:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
what where  I may or may not live has to do with anything is rather confusing to me. But I guess it does rather point out why residents should not vote in national elections.
I think the important point on voting though is, if you support a party you should be able to bring yourself to vote for them.

Why did you complain about the mention of the city you live in to me via PM rather than in this thread, or to Irn via PM?
good question when you consider its not a secret ,he had mercin as where he lives under his avatar for years why would he want that removed or kept quite about ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Guest on Thu May 21, 2015 9:01 am

Whatever the figures say,it doesn't really matter.For all that matters is that the nutjob loonie left left did not win the election mainly because the British people are sick of their idiotic outlook on life.

Let's hope the Tories do what they are supposed to do & govern the nation properly,but what keeps me happy is knowing that the Almighty UKIP will be there as the nations moral conscience & soul 0f the Tory party.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Lone Wolf on Thu May 21, 2015 11:34 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
had it not been for ukip labours drubbing could have been far far worse.
there are 61 seats that labour took entirely because ukip stood and stopped the tories.
Of course some of them may well not have voted tory, but 61 seats is a big chunk of the rump labour party
...........................................

Rolling Eyes

"labour's drubbbing..." ?

"rump labour party"
..

MORE outright fucking lies from an ultra-extreme RW propaganda site...

WHAT a crock of fallacious and misleading crappola this waste of space Tory apologist posted in that trash talking rubbish. pirat

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2995
Join date : 2014-03-07
Age : 59
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Lone Wolf on Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
so you dont set the rules here?


Are you being deliberately stupid, or was it just accidental?

Razz

I ASSUME that most people on here realise that the phrase  "[Better] The devil you know.."  doesn't have a comma in the middle of its first half ?!?

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2995
Join date : 2014-03-07
Age : 59
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
so you dont set the rules here?

Are you being deliberately stupid, or was it just accidental?
I just asked you a question in private, you made it public. I will leave others to decide who is stupid.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 12:03 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Why did you complain about the mention of the city you live in to me via PM rather than in this thread, or to Irn via PM?
good question when you consider its not a secret ,he had mercin as where he lives under his avatar for years why would he want that removed or kept quite about ?
a very good point perhaps, yet sassy whined when I posted a video showing her election address on the portillo moments thread. You see where the double standards might be coming in here dont you? It seems that some are more equal than others. But that is ever the way in a socialist utopia I suppose

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
had it not been for ukip labours drubbing could have been far far worse.
there are 61 seats that labour took entirely because ukip stood and stopped the tories.
Of course some of them may well not have voted tory, but 61 seats is a big chunk of the rump labour party
...........................................

Rolling Eyes

"labour's drubbbing..." ?

"rump labour party"
..

MORE outright fucking lies from an ultra-extreme RW propaganda site...

WHAT a crock of fallacious and misleading crappola this waste of space Tory apologist posted in that trash talking rubbish.    pirat
well clearly ukjip did help labour to retain 61 seats, those figures are from the official election results.
those are the seats where the tories had the higher number of votes but due to UKIP taking votes labour gained the seat.
The figures add up, unlike labour spending plans.
Labour have 224 seats now, that certainly is a rump of a party considering the number of seats they had just 5 years ago or 10 when they were still attempting to be tories. It would appear that labour can only win when they try to be tories, but tories win when they dont try to be labour.

the only trash talk I see is your my dear friend. You need to present a coherent counter argument if you want to be taken seriously. Crying, the voters are all bastards just wont cut it. Although it is very mirthsome for some of us.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Are you being deliberately stupid, or was it just accidental?

Razz

I ASSUME that most people on here realise that the phrase  "[Better] The devil you know.."  doesn't have a comma in the middle of its first half ?!?
yes indeed, now read and inwardly digest and work out what it actually means.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Guest on Thu May 21, 2015 5:16 pm

eddie wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
consent from whom ? look your threatening to take me to court you can make as many arguments you want in front of a judge laddy and who``s MTVN ?

Take it to the basement kd

Post by eddie Today at 3:06 am

Right I have taken your war, kd and Dean, and put the posts in the basement in a topic called "ongoing war"

Please continue your argument there instead of derailing a thread.
Any post either of you make after this that entails old arguments will be deleted.
I've decided this is better than locking the thread.
Many thanks.


Last time I'm saying it.
sorry missed your post but ok i am happy to leave it where it is and await the summons i have no need to keep it going

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by eddie on Thu May 21, 2015 5:20 pm

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t9668-ongoing-war


There if you need to continue

Let's get the topic back on track

Thank you guys

_________________
“She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.”
~ Atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 5:46 pm

eddie wrote:http://www.newsfixboard.com/t9668-ongoing-war


There if you need to continue

Let's get the topic back on track

Thank you guys
what a wonderful mod you are. bend over and let me blow some more smoke up your arse.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
risingsun wrote:Now let me think, when was the last time Scotland voted Conservative?  

The Scottish Conservatives have never recovered following the 1997 wipeout; only one Conservative MP was returned to Westminster for a Scottish constituency at the general elections of 2001, 2005, 2010 and 2015. In the Scottish Parliament, the Scottish Conservatives currently control 15 of the 129 seats, with 12 of these seats won through the system of proportional representation.


Labour or SNP, left wing and see through Conservative crap.  

And it got worse.

Scottish Tories: worst vote share in its history 2015

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/scottish-tories-worst-vote-share-in-its-history.125550143

Laughing
and yet still almost ½ a million voted for them. should they whine and stamp their feet because they only got one seat as well?

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
what where  I may or may not live has to do with anything is rather confusing to me. But I guess it does rather point out why residents should not vote in national elections.
I think the important point on voting though is, if you support a party you should be able to bring yourself to vote for them.

Why did you complain about the mention of the city you live in to me via PM rather than in this thread, or to Irn via PM?
I did mention it in the post previous to yours, that was ignored so I contacted you, the admin of the site as it says in the rules

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
had it not been for ukip labours drubbing could have been far far worse.
there are 61 seats that labour took entirely because ukip stood and stopped the tories.
Of course some of them may well not have voted tory, but 61 seats is a big chunk of the rump labour party
...........................................

Rolling Eyes

"labour's drubbbing..." ?

"rump labour party"
..

MORE outright fucking lies from an ultra-extreme RW propaganda site...

WHAT a crock of fallacious and misleading crappola this waste of space Tory apologist posted in that trash talking rubbish.    pirat
Is this site really ultra right wing, I would have said it is rather full of wishy washy liberals whom love to spend other peoples money myself.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by eddie on Thu May 21, 2015 5:54 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
eddie wrote:http://www.newsfixboard.com/t9668-ongoing-war


There if you need to continue

Let's get the topic back on track

Thank you guys
what a wonderful mod you are. bend over and let me blow some more smoke up your arse.

Well we may as well let the rumours continue I suppose

_________________
“She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.”
~ Atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 30724
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 21, 2015 6:09 pm

eddie wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
what a wonderful mod you are. bend over and let me blow some more smoke up your arse.

Well we may as well let the rumours continue I suppose

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
avatar
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 2900
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Thu May 21, 2015 10:22 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
risingsun wrote:Now let me think, when was the last time Scotland voted Conservative?  

The Scottish Conservatives have never recovered following the 1997 wipeout; only one Conservative MP was returned to Westminster for a Scottish constituency at the general elections of 2001, 2005, 2010 and 2015. In the Scottish Parliament, the Scottish Conservatives currently control 15 of the 129 seats, with 12 of these seats won through the system of proportional representation.


Labour or SNP, left wing and see through Conservative crap.  

And it got worse.

Scottish Tories: worst vote share in its history 2015

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/scottish-tories-worst-vote-share-in-its-history.125550143

Laughing
and yet still almost ½ a million voted for them. should they whine and stamp their feet because they only got one seat as well?

The voters in Scotland are not that bothered Falp. We've still got LW MPs in Westminister Laughing

Don't be so concerned about Scotland - It's getting you down Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Thu May 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Flap, face fact and stop beatting around the bush with cherry picling stuff to back up what you claim.

The LibDems collapsed and the Tories took 27 seats of them. The Tories increased their seats by 24. Do your sums to see where they got their majority from and you will see that they got it by being the party who increased thir vote share by the least.

The LibDems got caned for their deceipt and collaboration with the Tories.

Never ever trust the Tories,

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Guest on Thu May 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Flap, face fact and stop beatting around the bush with cherry picling stuff to back up what you claim.

The LibDems collapsed and the Tories took 27 seats of them. The Tories increased their seats by 24. Do your sums to see where they got their majority from and you will see that they got it by being the party who increased thir vote share by the least.

The LibDems got caned for their deceipt and collaboration with the Tories.

Never ever trust the Tories,

The only sums I see wrong here is by the pair of you Irn and Dean.
If the Libdemns got canned for their deciet for collaborating with the Tories Irn, why is it that the Tories gained so much off former LibDem seats? Surely this would have been major hunting ground for Labour and they failed and fucked up? Labour actually lost ground and it shows they rely very much on Scottish support do they not? Labour if as you claimed that the LibsDems got canned for their collaboration, we should have seen this reflected in support of Labour, yet in many of these seats it was for Tories, So how do you explain that buddy?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Thu May 21, 2015 10:52 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Flap, face fact and stop beatting around the bush with cherry picling stuff to back up what you claim.

The LibDems collapsed and the Tories took 27 seats of them. The Tories increased their seats by 24. Do your sums to see where they got their majority from and you will see that they got it by being the party who increased thir vote share by the least.

The LibDems got caned for their deceipt and collaboration with the Tories.

Never ever trust the Tories,

The only sums I see wrong here is by the pair of you Irn and Dean.
If the Libdemns got canned for their deciet for collaborating with the Tories Irn, why is it that the Tories gained so much off former LibDem seats? Surely this would have been major hunting ground for Labour and they failed and fucked up? Labour actually lost ground and it shows they rely very much on Scottish support do they not? Labour if as you claimed that the LibsDems got canned for their collaboration, we should have seen this reflected in support of Labour, yet in many of these seats it was for Tories, So how do you explain that buddy?

The Tories didn't gain one seat from Scotland to get them over the line. The seats the Tories picked up was from the seats where they were already in second place and won them because the LinDem voters abandoned them. These seats were way beyond Labour's reach anyway.

Labour increase their share of the vote by more than the Tories but the losses were to the SNP - no gain to the Tories Belatucadros. Why do you pick such big names which I can't fondly shorten for ease? Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Guest on Thu May 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

The only sums I see wrong here is by the pair of you Irn and Dean.
If the Libdemns got canned for their deciet for collaborating with the Tories Irn, why is it that the Tories gained so much off former LibDem seats? Surely this would have been major hunting ground for Labour and they failed and fucked up? Labour actually lost ground and it shows they rely very much on Scottish support do they not? Labour if as you claimed that the LibsDems got canned for their collaboration, we should have seen this reflected in support of Labour, yet in many of these seats it was for Tories, So how do you explain that buddy?

The Tories didn't gain one seat from Scotland to get them over the line. The seats the Tories picked up was from the seats where they were already in second place and won them because the LinDem voters abandoned them. These seats were way beyond Labour's reach anyway.

Labour increase their share of the vote by more than the Tories but the losses were to the SNP - no gain to the Tories Belatucadros. Why do you pick such big names which I can't fondly shorten for ease? Laughing

I never claimed the Tories did gain any seats in Scotland, what has that to do with Lib Dems?
You claim many things on why votes were made based on nothing you know Irn.
The fact is the Tories picked up many former LibDem seats, which does not follow your pattern of collaboration. If it was, the Tories would not have won those seats, would they?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Fri May 22, 2015 12:30 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

The only sums I see wrong here is by the pair of you Irn and Dean.
If the Libdemns got canned for their deciet for collaborating with the Tories Irn, why is it that the Tories gained so much off former LibDem seats? Surely this would have been major hunting ground for Labour and they failed and fucked up? Labour actually lost ground and it shows they rely very much on Scottish support do they not? Labour if as you claimed that the LibsDems got canned for their collaboration, we should have seen this reflected in support of Labour, yet in many of these seats it was for Tories, So how do you explain that buddy?

The Tories didn't gain one seat from Scotland to get them over the line. The seats the Tories picked up was from the seats where they were already in second place and won them because the LinDem voters abandoned them. These seats were way beyond Labour's reach anyway.

Labour increase their share of the vote by more than the Tories but the losses were to the SNP - no gain to the Tories Belatucadros. Why do you pick such big names which I can't fondly shorten for ease? Laughing

I never claimed the Tories did gain any seats in Scotland, what has that to do with Lib Dems?
You claim many things on why votes were made based on nothing you know Irn.
The fact is the Tories picked up many former LibDem seats, which does not follow your pattern of collaboration. If it was, the Tories would not have won those seats, would they?

I never claimed that you did I'm just trying to explain it to you that the Scottish vote made no difference to the Tories getting the majority they needed and they got that off the back of LibDem setas.

So now you are going to have to explain why the LibDem vote collapsed because the Tories didn't take their seats from them because of an increase in their share of the vote which was only marginally up by a fraction.




_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Guest on Fri May 22, 2015 12:34 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

I never claimed the Tories did gain any seats in Scotland, what has that to do with Lib Dems?
You claim many things on why votes were made based on nothing you know Irn.
The fact is the Tories picked up many former LibDem seats, which does not follow your pattern of collaboration. If it was, the Tories would not have won those seats, would they?

I never claimed that you did I'm just trying to explain it to you that the Scottish vote made no difference to the Tories getting the majority they needed and they got that off the back of LibDem setas.

So now you are going to have to explain why the LibDem vote collapsed because the Tories didn't take their seats from them because of an increase in their share of the vote which was only marginally up by a fraction.





But that still shows an increase in support does it not, which goes against your view point does it not Irn? Ifthe Lib Dems as you claim off collaboration does it. We would see the opposite support of the Tories, so why is that we do not and in fact they gained many pf their seats, even with UKIP support which took a third of Tory votes in many other areas? We really should have seen far more Labour support, we never did, people swung right mate

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Irn Bru on Fri May 22, 2015 12:37 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

I never claimed the Tories did gain any seats in Scotland, what has that to do with Lib Dems?
You claim many things on why votes were made based on nothing you know Irn.
The fact is the Tories picked up many former LibDem seats, which does not follow your pattern of collaboration. If it was, the Tories would not have won those seats, would they?

I never claimed that you did I'm just trying to explain it to you that the Scottish vote made no difference to the Tories getting the majority they needed and they got that off the back of LibDem setas.

So now you are going to have to explain why the LibDem vote collapsed because the Tories didn't take their seats from them because of an increase in their share of the vote which was only marginally up by a fraction.





But that still shows an increase in support does it not, which goes against your view point does it not Irn? Ifthe Lib Dems as you claim off collaboration does it. We would see the opposite support of the Tories, so why is that we do not and in fact they gained many pf their seats, even with UKIP support which took a third of Tory votes in many other areas? We really should have seen far more Labour support, we never did, people swung right mate

Show me this increased support for the Tories and an explanation why the LibDem vote collapsed?

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Guest on Fri May 22, 2015 12:41 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:


But that still shows an increase in support does it not, which goes against your view point does it not Irn? Ifthe Lib Dems as you claim off collaboration does it. We would see the opposite support of the Tories, so why is that we do not and in fact they gained many pf their seats, even with UKIP support which took a third of Tory votes in many other areas? We really should have seen far more Labour support, we never did, people swung right mate

Show me this increased support for the Tories and an explanation why the LibDem vote collapsed?



I can show you plenty of increase on votes in areas as you well know Irn, as why ask when you can see for yourself? I have many reasons why the Lib Dems collapsed, but you have a problem here. UKIP support grew, Libdems fell, so did Labour as well in areas just as ell as Tories in others. If we go off right wing votes based on Tory and UKIP together, it is 50%. That is the biggest swing for right wing support in years, which is what you miss at every turn.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Labour should be thanking UKIP from the bottom of their heart

Post by Guest on Fri May 22, 2015 12:48 am

I will leave you to ponder my last point Irn

Night mate

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum