A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

May
Luke 13:11
And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.
Imagine being bowed over for 18 years. All you would see is the dust on the ground. That was the predicament of the woman in Luke 13. Dust was all her eyes fell on, all the time, everywhere she went, until she became dust-conscious. Thank God she finally saw the beautiful feet of Jesus, who brought her good news and raised her up.

Now, dust is the devil’s food. The Bible tells us that God cursed the devil to eat dust all the days of his life. (Genesis 3:14) Dust represents death. (Genesis 3:19) The devil wants you to be like him—to fall flat on your belly, crawl and eat dust. To eat dust is to feed on your shortcomings and lack, until you constantly feel that there is so much in your life that you need to clean up. You may not be physically bowed over, but like the woman, you become dust-conscious and life every day is a struggle.

Having a dust-consciousness also affects the way you see others. You look at people’s faults all the time. You point out their shortcomings and rake up their past failures. When you are dust-conscious, you find your relationships robbed of peace and joy.

And if you, like the woman, keep looking at the dust, before long, that inward position of dust-consciousness becomes so entrenched that you become the devil’s food because dust is what he eats. God’s Word describes him as being like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:Cool

If you don’t want to be devoured by him, then lift your eyes above the dust! Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat. See yourself the way God sees you—righteous and holy in Christ. (Colossians 3:12; 2 Corinthians 5:21) You are not dust because you are not in and of the flesh—you are in and of the Spirit. (Romans 8:9)

My friend, the more you realize who you are in Christ, the more you will straighten up and walk the way God sees you—a new creation with His authority, power and overcoming Spirit!

Thought For The Day
Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat.

Back to top Go down

Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:19 pm

You're such a nasty bastard Veya, but then you already know that.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Still, Philagain seems to be impressed with you over on the dying Bitchfest forum. Fancy being admired by a moron like him - you've gone up the world Veya.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:05 pm

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Still, Philagain seems to be impressed with you over on the dying Bitchfest forum. Fancy being admired by a moron like him - you've gone up the world Veya.

Has BF deffo gone???

No, it's back, but it's not very busy.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You're such a nasty bastard Veya, but then you already know that.

why? what is nasty about my previosu posts

You just grumpy so grumpy I bet this is what you'd do to jesus

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:21 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:You're such a nasty bastard Veya, but then you already know that.

I want to be outraged at your lack of respect, but I did titter at that one. Laughing

Naughty Veya!

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:06 pm

At a time when the interpretation of religious teachings seems to be so important (and it is), let's take a look at what happens when a good soul interprets a religion.

-Maya Angelou
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Any other songs by him? I recognise his voice.

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:35 pm

eddie wrote:Any other songs by him? I recognise his voice.

He did the "River" song I posted earlier. Leon Bridges of my hometown (my high school played his high school in football), a true source of local pride and a Texas treasure.

But if we must ... Smile ...

-Maya Angelou
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:36 pm

He does those quick little runs, that seems to be his hallmark Smile

-Maya Angelou
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:51 pm

I know why this song sounds familiar now, too!
After you posted that "River" song I went and youtubed him. I remember now. I listened to a few, he's got a really nice smooth sound.
I meant to pm you about it but forgot.

Edit: I'm going to get a CD - yes I still like the idea of having music on discs - can you recommend the best one? Or point me to something special etc

king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:04 am

eddie wrote:I know why this song sounds familiar now, too!
After you posted that "River" song I went and youtubed him. I remember now. I listened to a few, he's got a really nice smooth sound.
I meant to pm you about it but forgot.

Edit: I'm going to get a CD - yes I still like the idea of having music on discs - can you recommend the best one? Or point me to something special etc

He actually only has the one, but it's great -- "Coming Home." However, "My Love Stays" isn't on it; fans are hoping it will be on the sophomore effort Smile

-Maya Angelou
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:46 am

Yeah forgot to edit the edit and say that I googled and already knew he only had a debut called "Coming Home"
I'm ordering it with some other bits later.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:19 am

I love this song, it always takes me to a really calm place:

-Maya Angelou
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Ray Wylie Hubbard - Whoop and Hollar from Mike Neumann on Vimeo.

Challenge -- try to stay completely still as this plays Smile

-Maya Angelou
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:26 pm

It's a bit repetitive scratch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:

I've only just seen this. I can't stop fucking laughing....

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top