Christianity is False and Immoral.

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 10:41 am


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 11:13 am

not an original thought , such a pity... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 12:12 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:not an original thought , such a pity... Smile
well the first step is recognising you have a problem but Never mind, one day you might have a original thought
but trust me when i say the whole forum waits with bated breath for when that day comes for you Hf

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian




10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering.  And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."


3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers.  You consider that to be evidence that prayer works.  And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.


1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 12:27 pm

korban dallas wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:not an original thought , such a pity... Smile
well the first step is recognising you have a problem but  Never mind, one day you might have a original thought
but trust me  when i say the whole forum waits with bated breath for when that day comes for you Hf

not sure what you are talking about if it wasn't for copy and paste you wouldn't make an intelligent post.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by eddie on Sat May 09, 2015 8:44 pm

Perhaps there's a more polite way to challenge Christians than that KD

Would you do that to a Muslim?

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32406
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 8:51 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps there's a more polite way to challenge Christians than that KD

Would you do that to a Muslim?

they wouldn't dare challenge anyone face to face like that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by eddie on Sat May 09, 2015 9:00 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
eddie wrote:Perhaps there's a more polite way to challenge Christians than that KD

Would you do that to a Muslim?

they wouldn't dare challenge anyone face to face like that.

Hf I absolutely think anyone and everyone has the right to believe what they want to, when JW's knock on my door I am never ever rude. I say the same thing:

"I have God in my heart and I live by God, but I don't do religion"
Amd I wish them luck and a good day.

No need to have a go at someone for a belief.
At the end of the day nobody knows until they die, whether God exists or not.

_________________
"You set alight, in my heart and mind, the most beautiful chaos" ~ atticus
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32406
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:00 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps there's a more polite way to challenge Christians than that KD

Would you do that to a Muslim?


Korben has a very valid point in regards to HF


fundamentalism definition. A conservative movement in theology among nineteenth- and twentieth-century Christians. Fundamentalists believe that the statements in the Bible are literally true. Note: Fundamentalists often argue against the theory of evolution.
Fundamentalist | Define Fundamentalist at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/fundamentalist

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:12 pm

Nemesis wrote:
eddie wrote:Perhaps there's a more polite way to challenge Christians than that KD

Would you do that to a Muslim?


Korben has a very valid point in regards to HF


fundamentalism definition. A conservative movement in theology among nineteenth- and twentieth-century Christians. Fundamentalists believe that the statements in the Bible are literally true. Note: Fundamentalists often argue against the theory of evolution.
Fundamentalist | Define Fundamentalist at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/fundamentalist

which is completely wrong because clearly parts of the bible speak figuratively not literally. Smile

i guess being wrong is nothing to you or borben... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:28 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


Korben has a very valid point in regards to HF


fundamentalism definition. A conservative movement in theology among nineteenth- and twentieth-century Christians. Fundamentalists believe that the statements in the Bible are literally true. Note: Fundamentalists often argue against the theory of evolution.
Fundamentalist | Define Fundamentalist at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/fundamentalist

which is completely wrong because clearly parts of the bible speak figuratively not literally. Smile

i guess being wrong is nothing to you or borben... Smile


Yes fundamentalist Christians take views like the eating of the body and drinking the blood as symbolic, otherwise all Christians would be cannibals, none of the literal Christians are cannibals. So this is taken into account, when there is parables etc, they are seen as figuratively, so it still makes you very much a fundamentalist.

All the best chap

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:32 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps there's a more polite way to challenge Christians than that KD

Would you do that to a Muslim?
i am sarcastic to everybody Eddie at times ....and i don`t really care what religion they are
A guy that i do freelance computer work for (he owns a shop) is Muslim and i am more sarcastic to him about many thing including his religion
than i have ever been on hear,he still gets me the work
true he is not a raving Muslim fundamentalist
my sisters a Roman catholic and yes she gets it as well

and quite frankly i twisted his words back on him as he does to so many others even on this thread
so yes in answer to your question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

which is completely wrong because clearly parts of the bible speak figuratively not literally. Smile

i guess being wrong is nothing to you or borben... Smile


Yes fundamentalist Christians take views like the eating of the body and drinking the blood as symbolic, otherwise all Christians would be cannibals, none of the literal Christians are cannibals. So this is taken into account, when there is parables etc, they are seen as figuratively, so it still makes you very much a fundamentalist.

All the best chap

you will make your mind up, good to see the twisting hasn't changed didge, i guess it's better in your mind than being shown to be wrong again.... Smile


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:35 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
eddie wrote:Perhaps there's a more polite way to challenge Christians than that KD

Would you do that to a Muslim?

they wouldn't dare challenge anyone face to face like that.
Wana bet because you would loose that bet
i am not afraid or scared to challenge anybody

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:39 pm

eddie wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

they wouldn't dare challenge anyone face to face like that.

Hf I absolutely think anyone and everyone has the right to believe what they want to, when JW's knock on my door I am never ever rude. I say the same thing:

"I have God in my heart and I live by God, but I don't do religion"
Amd I wish them luck and a good day.

No need to have  a go at someone for a belief.
At the end of the day nobody knows until they die, whether God exists or not.
I do. he don`t full stop that`s why its called faith it requires no proof you might as well worship the lord of the rings
or the great OM

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:39 pm

korban dallas wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

they wouldn't dare challenge anyone face to face like that.
Wana bet because you would loose that bet
i am not afraid or scared  to challenge anybody

just to arrogant and dumb to realise you know nothing... Smile

everyone likes folly in a child... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

which is completely wrong because clearly parts of the bible speak figuratively not literally. Smile

i guess being wrong is nothing to you or borben... Smile


Yes fundamentalist Christians take views like the eating of the body and drinking the blood as symbolic, otherwise all Christians would be cannibals, none of the literal Christians are cannibals. So this is taken into account, when there is parables etc, they are seen as figuratively, so it still makes you very much a fundamentalist.

All the best chap
nail on head
The fact that they change there views regardless of what the actual bible says and try to justify or claim that bit in the bible does apply any more, is testament(pun intended) to the factt they don`t even follow there own teachings because if they did it would be impossible to practice it without there heads exploding

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:51 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


Yes fundamentalist Christians take views like the eating of the body and drinking the blood as symbolic, otherwise all Christians would be cannibals, none of the literal Christians are cannibals. So this is taken into account, when there is parables etc, they are seen as figuratively, so it still makes you very much a fundamentalist.

All the best chap
nail on head
The fact that they change there views regardless of what the actual bible says and try to justify or claim that bit in the bible does apply any more, is testament(pun intended) to the factt they don`t even follow there own teachings because if they did it would be impossible to practice it without there heads exploding

my views remain the same, is it my fault you do not have the intelligence to correctly divide the word of God...

by the way there is only one t in fact, i guess you wouldn't recognise that fact either... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 09, 2015 10:03 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


Yes fundamentalist Christians take views like the eating of the body and drinking the blood as symbolic, otherwise all Christians would be cannibals, none of the literal Christians are cannibals. So this is taken into account, when there is parables etc, they are seen as figuratively, so it still makes you very much a fundamentalist.

All the best chap
nail on head
The fact that they change there views regardless of what the actual bible says and try to justify or claim that bit in the bible does apply any more, is testament(pun intended) to the factt they don`t even follow there own teachings because if they did it would be impossible to practice it without there heads exploding

my views remain the same, is it my fault you do not have the intelligence to correctly divide the word of God...

That would be something, if there really was a God who tortured people for eternity if they couldn't make heads or tails of what he was saying Smile

_________________
“A ‘job creator’ is someone who figures out how to threaten you with starvation unless you do something you don’t want to do."

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23027
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

my views remain the same, is it my fault you do not have the intelligence to correctly divide the word of God...

That would be something, if there really was a God who tortured people for eternity if they couldn't make heads or tails of what he was saying Smile

is there a God who tortures people for eternity?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 11:30 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
nail on head
The fact that they change there views regardless of what the actual bible says and try to justify or claim that bit in the bible does apply any more, is testament(pun intended) to the factt they don`t even follow there own teachings because if they did it would be impossible to practice it without there heads exploding

my views remain the same, is it my fault you do not have the intelligence to correctly divide the word of God...

by the way there is only one t in fact, i guess you wouldn't recognise that fact either... Smile
for somebody who refutes evolution,the fossil records and the age of the planet and all manner of things you insulting "My intelligence"is really hilarious

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 11:35 pm

an just while i feel in the mood

why are you hear ,on this forum with so many non Christians

2 John 1:10 Don’t associate with non-Christians.  Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them.  

Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17

Paul, knowing that their faith would crumble if subjected to free and critical inquiry, tells his followers to avoid philosophy. Colossians 2:8

seems rather against the teachings does it not ?
by rights you should not  even be talking to many of us

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 11:42 pm

go and spread the good news to all the earth....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 11:47 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:go and spread the good news to all the earth....
Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 11:52 pm

Anyway i am of to sacrifice a chicken at the crossroads at midnight, to the hore of Babylon.....i will tell her you said hi

Ps

This is not momentary or temporary torture dispensed by Satan or his demons, but eternal torment poured out by God Himself. This punishment will be inflicted upon conscious human beings, people who know who they are, what they were, what they have done (Luke 16:22–31

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 12:14 am

korban dallas wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:go and spread the good news to all the earth....
Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17



King James Bible
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

a bit different, causing division and offence.... you can't even lie straight in bed... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 12:54 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17



King James Bible
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

a bit different, causing division and offence.... you can't even lie straight in bed... Smile

Woe to you, O destroyer, While you were not destroyed; And he who is treacherous, while others did not deal treacherously with him As soon as you finish destroying, you will be destroyed; As soon as you cease to deal treacherously, others will deal treacherously with you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 10:01 am

Romans 8:1New King James Version (NKJV)

Free from Indwelling Sin
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Praise the Lord..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 11:15 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:Romans 8:1New King James Version (NKJV)

Free from Indwelling Sin
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Praise the Lord..

This one has you down perfectly:

There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, .A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 11:22 am

John 8:34-36New King James Version (NKJV)

34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

free indeed, no more condemnation, the Lord is good.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 11:27 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:John 8:34-36New King James Version (NKJV)

34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

free indeed, no more condemnation, the Lord is good.


So there we have Jesus endorsing slavery

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 11:38 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:John 8:34-36New King James Version (NKJV)

34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

free indeed, no more condemnation, the Lord is good.


So there we have Jesus endorsing slavery

Smile Smile Smile Smile yeah that was exactly what it meant...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 11:39 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


So there we have Jesus endorsing slavery

Smile Smile Smile Smile yeah that was exactly what it meant...



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

Smile Smile Smile Smile yeah that was exactly what it meant...



yepp I do that facepalm every time you speak nemesis... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by veya_victaous on Sun May 10, 2015 11:12 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

my views remain the same, is it my fault you do not have the intelligence to correctly divide the word of God...

That would be something, if there really was a God who tortured people for eternity if they couldn't make heads or tails of what he was saying Smile

is there a God who tortures people for eternity?

according to Christianity yes
God made hell, God made Satan
and good freethinking people go to hell to get tortured for all eternity Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
it clearly says so in the bible

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16398
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Sun May 10, 2015 11:47 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

is there a God who tortures people for eternity?

according to Christianity yes
God made hell, God made Satan
and good freethinking people go to hell to get tortured for all eternity  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
it clearly says so in the bible

pride created satan but hey you don't want to be bored with facts...

people choose heaven or hell, no one makes them go to either.. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by veya_victaous on Mon May 11, 2015 12:40 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

is there a God who tortures people for eternity?

according to Christianity yes
God made hell, God made Satan
and good freethinking people go to hell to get tortured for all eternity  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
it clearly says so in the bible

pride created satan but hey you don't want to be bored with facts...

people choose heaven or hell, no one makes them go to either.. Smile

and who made Satan? and who is omnipotent and omniscient
it is the Christian god that does this
YES god makes them go

are you saying you are free to choose to go to heaven?
You cant tell the dumb fuck to go sit on a dick and you are still free to go where you choose? or does god treat you like a fucking moral less 3 year old with a pet hamster.
He is pathetic if he was a human we would be talking about how shitty he was and Even in a human we would not accept such juvenile threats and gos makes.
he is like the Kim Jong il of deities.. Love me or I will punish you cause i am so pathetically insecure Look at me I m all powerful but if you don't constantly tell me how great i am I'll torture you forever out of spite because i so insecure.
God behaves like a spoiled toddler that needs smack on the backside



_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16398
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by veya_victaous on Mon May 11, 2015 1:14 am


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16398
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon May 11, 2015 5:21 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

is there a God who tortures people for eternity?

according to Christianity yes
God made hell, God made Satan
and good freethinking people go to hell to get tortured for all eternity  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
it clearly says so in the bible

pride created satan but hey you don't want to be bored with facts...

people choose heaven or hell, no one makes them go to either.. Smile

Who according to the Bible created pride?

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." John 1:3

Without God, according to the Bible, there wouldn't be pride -- or evil, for that matter.

Wait, is God all-powerful?

"But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”" Matthew 19:26

So God would have the ability to do anything (and more) than we can imagine -- like eradicating evil, making pride and sin impossible, etc.

Wait, so God allows this then -- that's the only logical conclusion. Why, as some kind of test? As though God's waiting to see how we do?

"By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything."

So at this point, the clergy and the faithful have to step in and say that none of this makes sense because we're just too stupid to get it. Our minds are too finite to understand how a God that loves good could allow evil and suffering, and use it to test us even though he already knows how we'll do.

As noted, God is also somehow better than us even though he condemns people to eternal torture for committing sins, when even we stupid human beings would rightly argue that there's nothing you can do that is so evil you deserve to be punished forever for it. You could nuke the entire planet and I'd say, okay, torture that guy for a million years. But eternity? That is more evil than any evil that could be done by any person. What kind of sick, twisted person would even torture someone for decades on end? But that's nothing compared to eternity (no finite number is, after all).

_________________
“A ‘job creator’ is someone who figures out how to threaten you with starvation unless you do something you don’t want to do."

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23027
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 11:43 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

pride created satan but hey you don't want to be bored with facts...

people choose heaven or hell, no one makes them go to either.. Smile

Who according to the Bible created pride?

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." John 1:3

Without God, according to the Bible, there wouldn't be pride -- or evil, for that matter.

Wait, is God all-powerful?

"But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”" Matthew 19:26

So God would have the ability to do anything (and more) than we can imagine -- like eradicating evil, making pride and sin impossible, etc.

Wait, so God allows this then -- that's the only logical conclusion. Why, as some kind of test? As though God's waiting to see how we do?

"By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything."

So at this point, the clergy and the faithful have to step in and say that none of this makes sense because we're just too stupid to get it. Our minds are too finite to understand how a God that loves good could allow evil and suffering, and use it to test us even though he already knows how we'll do.

As noted, God is also somehow better than us even though he condemns people to eternal torture for committing sins, when even we stupid human beings would rightly argue that there's nothing you can do that is so evil you deserve to be punished forever for it. You could nuke the entire planet and I'd say, okay, torture that guy for a million years. But eternity? That is more evil than any evil that could be done by any person. What kind of sick, twisted person would even torture someone for decades on end? But that's nothing compared to eternity (no finite number is, after all).

pride can be a wonderful emotion just because it can be used negatively does not mean it should be discounted, all emotions have the ability to create negative actions so should God have made us emotionless.

so once again you choose to spend eternity with or without God but it is your choice. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 11:44 am

eddie wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

they wouldn't dare challenge anyone face to face like that.

Hf I absolutely think anyone and everyone has the right to believe what they want to, when JW's knock on my door I am never ever rude. I say the same thing:

"I have God in my heart and I live by God, but I don't do religion"
Amd I wish them luck and a good day.

No need to have  a go at someone for a belief.
At the end of the day nobody knows until they die, whether God exists or not.

I am exactly the same, religion is of no use to anyone.. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Er I think you will find is that you both do religion:

religion

noun: religion
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by nicko on Mon May 11, 2015 12:34 pm

I think that most Soldiers who have been in combat and seen the results close up would have nothing to do with religion!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8641
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Nemesis wrote:Er I think you will find is that you both do religion:

religion

noun: religion
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

err I think you will find you are wrong, a pharisee and Sadducee were religious and their religion gained them nothing, you can get up religiously at six every morning it does not make you any closer to God.Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 12:47 pm

nicko wrote:I think that most Soldiers who have been in combat and seen the results close up would have nothing to do with religion!

it is surprising when, how, where and why people find there faith.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 1:14 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:Er I think you will find is that you both do religion:

religion

noun: religion
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

err I think you will find you are wrong, a pharisee and Sadducee were religious and their religion gained them nothing, you can get up religiously at six every morning it does not make you any closer to God.Smile  


err nooo again, you are just in denial
That is the definition of religion.
You certainly have levels of religious practice

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

err I think you will find you are wrong, a pharisee and Sadducee were religious and their religion gained them nothing, you can get up religiously at six every morning it does not make you any closer to God.Smile  


err nooo again, you are just in denial
That is the definition of religion.
You certainly have levels of religious practice

a definition does not always cover every possible implication, they are often quite general.

I do not want or follow religion.. I have faith, yes but it is not religious...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 3:07 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


err nooo again, you are just in denial
That is the definition of religion.
You certainly have levels of religious practice

a definition does not always cover every possible implication, they are often quite general.

I do not want or follow religion.. I have faith, yes but it is not religious...


You can dress it up all you like HF, because you are religious, as you believe and worship Jesus as your saviour.
That is the definition of religion

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

a definition does not always cover every possible implication, they are often quite general.

I do not want or follow religion.. I have faith, yes but it is not religious...


You can dress it up all you like HF, because you are religious, as you believe and worship Jesus as your saviour.
That is the definition of religion

lol yet the biggest problem Jesus had was with the religious leaders of the time so what does that tell you... religion means nothing to God. anyone of any belief could be religious but they do not believe the same thing ...


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Guest on Mon May 11, 2015 3:11 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


You can dress it up all you like HF, because you are religious, as you believe and worship Jesus as your saviour.
That is the definition of religion

lol yet the biggest problem Jesus had was with the religious leaders of the time so what does that tell you... religion means nothing to God. anyone of any belief could be religious but they do not believe the same thing ...



So you are now claiming to also speak for God?

Wow

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Christianity is False and Immoral.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum