Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 12:05 am

Scientists have discovered a “missing link” between the two main life-forms on earth which could help to explain the evolution of organisms with complex cells like those found in all animals including humans.


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/discovery-of-missing-link-between-the-two-main-lifeforms-on-earth-could-explain-evolution-of-animals-say-scientists-10229988.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri May 08, 2015 12:29 am

Little more reading material on this from a source who's never sent us a take-down notice:

There's good evidence that life appeared soon after our planet formed — some 4.5 billion years ago — but the Earth wasn't very hospitable. "The microbes that lived back then had to cope with completely different conditions," says Thijs Ettema, a biologist at Uppsala University in Sweden. The life forms that eked out a living were bacteria, plus another group of microbes called the archaea.

"These are, typically, very small cells that look very simple," Ettema says.

Then, starting about 2 billion years ago, much more fancy cells appeared — the kind of cells in your body and in all plants and animals.

These cells are larger, and their genetic material is wrapped inside a nucleus. Plus, they've got all kinds of little organs, like energy-producing mitochondria. In these cells, Ettema says, there's just a whole lot of complicated business going on.

"And this transition from these simple cells to the complex cells — this is a big question in biology," he explains.

His team went looking for answers in an extreme place: a mile and a half below the sea, between Norway and Greenland.

A colleague collected some muddy sediment there, not too far from a hydrothermal vent known as Loki's Castle that was spewing hot water. In the lab, the team extracted DNA from the sediment, sequenced it and used computers to reconstruct the genetic codes of microbes.

What they found was surprising: a group of archaea that have a whole bunch of genes normally only found in more complex cells. This looks like an intermediate form of life, Ettema says — a kind of missing link.

"Suddenly we find something that no one has ever seen before," he says. "Some people even said that, well, maybe this organism existed but we'd never know for sure. And now, we find it!"

Fascinating find!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015/05/06/404199792/missing-link-microbes-may-help-explain-how-single-cells-became-us

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27662
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 9:29 am

Nemesis wrote:Scientists have discovered a “missing link” between the two main life-forms on earth which could help to explain the evolution of organisms with complex cells like those found in all animals including humans.


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/discovery-of-missing-link-between-the-two-main-lifeforms-on-earth-could-explain-evolution-of-animals-say-scientists-10229988.html

wow I thought the missing link had been given up on... i hope it's not the piltdown man again..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 9:40 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:Scientists have discovered a “missing link” between the two main life-forms on earth which could help to explain the evolution of organisms with complex cells like those found in all animals including humans.


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/discovery-of-missing-link-between-the-two-main-lifeforms-on-earth-could-explain-evolution-of-animals-say-scientists-10229988.html

wow I thought the missing link had been given up on... i hope it's not the piltdown man again..

Given up?
What did you think this missing link is in regards to here?
As clearly by your reply you are miles apart from what the article is talking about.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 9:51 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

wow I thought the missing link had been given up on... i hope it's not the piltdown man again..

Given up?
What did you think this missing link is in regards to here?
As clearly by your reply you are miles apart from what the article is talking about.

hmm I would guess it is something to do with common ancestry, i think that was the last attempt at keeping evolution viable..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 9:52 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Given up?
What did you think this missing link is in regards to here?
As clearly by your reply you are miles apart from what the article is talking about.

hmm I would guess it is something to do with common ancestry, i think that was the last attempt at keeping evolution viable..

Viable????
So do you have a degree in biology by any chance?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri May 08, 2015 10:06 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Given up?
What did you think this missing link is in regards to here?
As clearly by your reply you are miles apart from what the article is talking about.

hmm I would guess it is something to do with common ancestry, i think that was the last attempt at keeping evolution viable..

Viable????
So do you have a degree in biology by any chance?

Keep in mind that we know who we're talking to here and we know a question about eye-color is coming up, unless he's wised up a little. But you're not crazy -- he didn't read the article and has no intention of considering the ideas within. As per the customs of his people Smile

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27662
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 10:35 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Viable????
So do you have a degree in biology by any chance?

Keep in mind that we know who we're talking to here and we know a question about eye-color is coming up, unless he's wised up a little. But you're not crazy -- he didn't read the article and has no intention of considering the ideas within. As per the customs of his people Smile

Agreed Ben, I am no expert on biology, but it does seem short sighted to dismiss something if that person has little knowledge to refute something with for example a subject like biology.

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri May 08, 2015 10:40 am

Nemesis wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Viable????
So do you have a degree in biology by any chance?

Keep in mind that we know who we're talking to here and we know a question about eye-color is coming up, unless he's wised up a little. But you're not crazy -- he didn't read the article and has no intention of considering the ideas within. As per the customs of his people Smile

Agreed Ben, I am no expert on biology, but it does seem short sighted to dismiss something if that person has little knowledge to refute something with for example a subject like biology.

Laughing

Well, all you have to do is get into the mindset that you're every bit as knowledgeable as someone with training and years of experience in a field you know next to nothing about.

You have to become the type of American who is called to trial and decides to be his own lawyer ... become like the guy who decides his dentist doesn't know what he's talking about and knocks out his own teeth (this actually happened) or who starts writing an espionage novel only to paint himself into a corner and have no idea how to fix the story Smile

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27662
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 10:42 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Agreed Ben, I am no expert on biology, but it does seem short sighted to dismiss something if that person has little knowledge to refute something with for example a subject like biology.

Laughing

Well, all you have to do is get into the mindset that you're every bit as knowledgeable as someone with training and years of experience in a field you know next to nothing about.

You have to become the type of American who is called to trial and decides to be his own lawyer ... become like the guy who decides his dentist doesn't know what he's talking about and knocks out his own teeth (this actually happened) or who starts writing an espionage novel only to paint himself into a corner and have no idea how to fix the story Smile


lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 10:55 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

hmm I would guess it is something to do with common ancestry, i think that was the last attempt at keeping evolution viable..

Viable????
So do you have a degree in biology by any chance?

No, do you think that everyone who believes in evolution does have a degree in biology.. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 11:05 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Viable????
So do you have a degree in biology by any chance?

No, do you think that everyone who believes in evolution does have a degree in biology.. Smile

Why do I need to ask people that believe?
It is more relevant for those who do not believe, otherwise they have no knowledge to reute anything do they chap lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 11:41 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

No, do you think that everyone who believes in evolution does have a degree in biology.. Smile

Why do I need to ask people that believe?
It is more relevant for those who do not believe, otherwise they have no knowledge to reute anything do they chap lol

because if they believe without a degree in biology they must be believing on faith alone according to you as the degree is required to understand or have an opinion on it.

So I would guess 99% of believers in evolution do so on faith alone, sounds like a religion.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 11:55 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Why do I need to ask people that believe?
It is more relevant for those who do not believe, otherwise they have no knowledge to reute anything do they chap lol

because if they believe without a degree in biology they must be believing on faith alone according to you as the degree is required to understand or have an opinion on it.

So I would guess 99% of believers in evolution do so on faith alone, sounds like a religion.


I suppose you could look at it that way or in fact they take the view on researching the countless evidence for evolution itself. So your view that people believe based on faith 99% is plain gobbledygook, when many have read and understood evolution.
Again the onus is on you to disprove and if you have not the knowledge in this field, then you really are up a creek with out a paddle.
The silliest thing here is many Christians also believe in evolution as well as their faith, as it does not conflict as they realise early parts of the bible were clearly man made and plagerized from early sources.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 11:58 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

because if they believe without a degree in biology they must be believing on faith alone according to you as the degree is required to understand or have an opinion on it.

So I would guess 99% of believers in evolution do so on faith alone, sounds like a religion.


I suppose you could look at it that way or in fact they take the view on researching the countless evidence for evolution itself. So your view that people believe based on faith 99% is plain gobbledygook, when many have read and understood evolution.
Again the onus is on you to disprove and if you have not the knowledge in this field, then you reallt up a creek with out a paddle.

and how many of the 99% of the followers of the religion of evolution have, fossils, testing equipment, time travel devices to properly research the topic not to mention the knowledge it would require to understand the research results?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 12:04 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


I suppose you could look at it that way or in fact they take the view on researching the countless evidence for evolution itself. So your view that people believe based on faith 99% is plain gobbledygook, when many have read and understood evolution.
Again the onus is on you to disprove and if you have not the knowledge in this field, then you reallt up a creek with out a paddle.

and how many of the 99% of the followers of the religion of evolution have, fossils, testing equipment, time travel devices to properly research the topic not to mention the knowledge it would require to understand the research results?

There is no religion called evolution being as it is a fact.
People do not worship evolution, it is not a deity and it does not have any doctrine or dogma that commands them to do anything. So again you are misguided. Again when something like this has countless evidence, it is easy for those with little knowledge to see this.
Again you keep avoiding how you yourself not in the know are able to refute this or are you going again off faith of what others have written who poorly challenge evolution?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

and how many of the 99% of the followers of the religion of evolution have, fossils, testing equipment, time travel devices to properly research the topic not to mention the knowledge it would require to understand the research results?

There is no religion called evolution being as it is a fact.
People do not worship evolution, it is not a deity and it does not have any doctrine or dogma that commands them to do anything. So again you are misguided. Again when something like this has countless evidence, it is easy for those with little knowledge to see this.
Again you keep avoiding how you yourself not in the know are able to refute this or are you going again off faith of what others have written who poorly challenge evolution?

do you lot agree with each other veya is saying they are theories and you are saying it is a proven fact, how many others disagree and why?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 12:27 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

There is no religion called evolution being as it is a fact.
People do not worship evolution, it is not a deity and it does not have any doctrine or dogma that commands them to do anything. So again you are misguided. Again when something like this has countless evidence, it is easy for those with little knowledge to see this.
Again you keep avoiding how you yourself not in the know are able to refute this or are you going again off faith of what others have written who poorly challenge evolution?

do you lot agree with each other veya is saying they are theories and you are saying it is a proven fact, how many others disagree and why?

What an absurd question to ask.
You want me to tell you how many people do not agree.
Have no idea or really care to be honest as it has very little relevance

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 12:30 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

do you lot agree with each other veya is saying they are theories and you are saying it is a proven fact, how many others disagree and why?

What an absurd question to ask.
You want me to tell you how many people do not agree.
Have no idea or really care to be honest as it has very little relevance

of course it has relevance you claim evolution is proven yet many who follow the same science say it is not, the evidence is not concrete.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 12:33 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

What an absurd question to ask.
You want me to tell you how many people do not agree.
Have no idea or really care to be honest as it has very little relevance

of course it has relevance you claim evolution is proven yet many who follow the same science say it is not, the evidence is not concrete.

These are normally the same people that think the earth is 6000 years old, so at the end of the day, if they believe that I just laugh.
So no it really has no relevance.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

of course it has relevance you claim evolution is proven yet many who follow the same science say it is not, the evidence is not concrete.

These are normally the same people that think the earth is 6000 years old, so at the end of the day, if they believe that I just laugh.
So no it really has no relevance.

so you laugh at the 99% of people who have no way other than blind faith for accepting evolution, you sound like a cult leader...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 2:39 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

These are normally the same people that think the earth is 6000 years old, so at the end of the day, if they believe that I just laugh.
So no it really has no relevance.

so you laugh at the 99% of people who have no way other than blind faith for accepting evolution, you sound like a cult leader...


I certainly laugh at where you get your claim to figures from, that is for sure and how people understanding evolution is not blind faith either. You seem to fail to understand this and to be honest it gets boring when you repeat the same claims that have no validity. If you want to disbelieve evolution, that is your choice, as nobody is actually forced or scared into believing it is a fact. There is no consequences if you don't think it is a fact to the point that your life will not be eternally punished or sentenced to death if you change your mind on backing evolution. You maybe the subject of plenty of sniggering, which is no different to someone claiming they have seen Elvis alive today, but that goes with the territory.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

so you laugh at the 99% of people who have no way other than blind faith for accepting evolution, you sound like a cult leader...


I certainly laugh at where you get your claim to figures from, that is for sure and how people understanding evolution is not blind faith either. You seem to fail to understand this and to be honest it gets boring when you repeat the same claims that no validity. If you want to disbelieve evolution, that is your choice, as nobody is actually forced or scared into believing it is a fact. There is no consequences if you don't think it is a fact to the point that your life will not be eternally punished or sentenced to death if you change your mind on backing evolution. You maybe the subject of plenty of sniggering, which is no different to someone claiming they have seen Elvis alive today, but that goes with the territory.


well you yourself said you need a degree in biology to understand evolution, you agreed 99% of the people who believe in evolution will not have a degree in biology, therefore 99% of the followers of the religion of evolution do so on blind faith, as it cannot be by understanding.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Never agreed to any number, so you are just making incorrect claims, which again becomes very boring

Fair play to Rabbi David Wolpe, as even he saw the funny side to the brilliant counter claim.

Anyway, this is going nowhere and is not even a debate anymore.

So enjoy talking to yourself.

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Nemesis wrote:Never agreed to any number, so you are just making incorrect claims, which again becomes very boring

Fair play to Rabbi David Wolpe, as even he saw the funny side to the brilliant counter claim.

Anyway, this is going nowhere and is not even a debate anymore.

So enjoy talking to yourself.

Laughing

I am so glad you accepted defeat so cordially.... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri May 08, 2015 9:24 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

No, do you think that everyone who believes in evolution does have a degree in biology.. Smile

Why do I need to ask people that believe?
It is more relevant for those who do not believe, otherwise they have no knowledge to reute anything do they chap lol

because if they believe without a degree in biology they must be believing on faith alone according to you as the degree is required to understand or have an opinion on it.

So I would guess 99% of believers in evolution do so on faith alone, sounds like a religion.

Do Christians require a degree in theology to accept the teachings of the Bible? Because it's a lot more complicated than evolution.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27662
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 9:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

because if they believe without a degree in biology they must be believing on faith alone according to you as the degree is required to understand or have an opinion on it.

So I would guess 99% of believers in evolution do so on faith alone, sounds like a religion.

Do Christians require a degree in theology to accept the teachings of the Bible? Because it's a lot more complicated than evolution.

No the Holy Spirit is the teacher... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri May 08, 2015 9:30 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

because if they believe without a degree in biology they must be believing on faith alone according to you as the degree is required to understand or have an opinion on it.

So I would guess 99% of believers in evolution do so on faith alone, sounds like a religion.

Do Christians require a degree in theology to accept the teachings of the Bible? Because it's a lot more complicated than evolution.

No the Holy Spirit is the teacher... Smile

OK, would you ask the Holy Spirit to come teach me? I'm free at the moment.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27662
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 9:35 pm

the missing link is alive and well and been on here for ages

>>>>waves at didge Razz Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 9:39 pm

darknessss wrote:the missing link is alive and well and been on here for ages

>>>>waves at didge Razz Razz


I am not doing bad then for being millions of years old.

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Nemesis wrote:
darknessss wrote:the missing link is alive and well and been on here for ages

>>>>waves at didge Razz Razz


I am not doing bad then for being millions of years old.

Laughing

lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

No the Holy Spirit is the teacher... Smile

OK, would you ask the Holy Spirit to come teach me? I'm free at the moment.

ask him yourself. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 10:40 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

OK, would you ask the Holy Spirit to come teach me? I'm free at the moment.

ask him yourself. Smile

Rolling Eyes
if its a "spirit"

its ethereal. disincorporeate,

how can "it" be a "he"?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 11:00 pm

darknessss wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

ask him yourself. Smile

Rolling Eyes
if its a "spirit"

its ethereal. disincorporeate,

how can "it" be a "he"?


the word says the spirit can teach and the spirit can be grieved, so i don;t thin it makes it an ordinary spirit in that sense of the word..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 09, 2015 12:15 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

No the Holy Spirit is the teacher... Smile

OK, would you ask the Holy Spirit to come teach me? I'm free at the moment.

ask him yourself. Smile

I do on occasion, I never get a response.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27662
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:23 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

ask him yourself. Smile

I do on occasion, I never get a response.

you will always get a response but it might not be what you want to hear.. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 9:38 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I do on occasion, I never get a response.

you will always get a response but it might not be what you want to hear.. Smile

Really, he will always get a response?

Oh my.

I just asked and never got a response so clearly you are telling porkies.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 10:11 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

you will always get a response but it might not be what you want to hear.. Smile

Really, he will always get a response?

Oh my.

I just asked and never got a response so clearly you are telling porkies.

no clearly you are not listening... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 10:17 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Really, he will always get a response?

Oh my.

I just asked and never got a response so clearly you are telling porkies.

no clearly you are not listening... Smile




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 10:21 am

thank you for showing the problem is you don't want to hear.... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 10:21 am

Is that why you replied within a minute then not listening to a 5 minute video then lol ha ha

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 10:28 am

Nemesis wrote:Is that why you replied within a minute then not listening to a 5 minute video then lol ha ha

you said that you stopped believing in God because of your own research and reasoning, so if you want to discuss your research and reasoning go ahead, if you want to trade youtube videos or websites that is a little bit counter productive but I can see why you are not up to debating the subject on your own understanding, what I cannot see is how you thought you had made an informed decision to stop believing and prove time and time again you know so little.. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 10:32 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:Is that why you replied within a minute then not listening to a 5 minute video then lol ha ha

you said that you stopped believing in God because of your own research and reasoning, so if you want to discuss your research and reasoning go ahead, if you want to trade youtube videos or websites that is a little bit counter productive but I can see why you are not up to debating the subject on your own understanding, what I cannot see is how you thought you had made an informed decision to stop believing and prove time and time again you know so little.. Smile



You do not debate or take on points, so there is little point debating such an individual. As I say at least your wife takes on board points and address them, so think I will leave any points to debate with her. Sorry but it bored me before trying to debate someone who constantly has their head buried in the sand. Maybe if I do this and you start to have less debate, you will start actually debating.

On that note enjoy talking to yourself

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists Empty Re: Discovery of 'missing link' between the two main life-forms on Earth could explain evolution of animals, say scientists

Post by Guest on Sat May 09, 2015 10:34 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

you said that you stopped believing in God because of your own research and reasoning, so if you want to discuss your research and reasoning go ahead, if you want to trade youtube videos or websites that is a little bit counter productive but I can see why you are not up to debating the subject on your own understanding, what I cannot see is how you thought you had made an informed decision to stop believing and prove time and time again you know so little.. Smile



You do not debate or take on points, so there is little point debating such an individual. As I say at least your wife takes on board points and address them, so think I will leave any points to debate with her. Sorry but it bored me before trying to debate someone who constantly has their head buried in the sand. Maybe if I do this and you start to have less debate, you will start actually debating.

On that note enjoy talking to yourself

Laughing

that's the best way mate, claim the other guy knows nothing and run away..lol

any idea why Jesus came to fulfill the law?

his is the most basic question ever... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum