Another joke

Go down

Another joke

Post by stardesk on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:11 pm

An elderly man is out for a stroll through the park, when he comes across a girl, sitting on a bench, crying her eyes out. Being a kindlly old soul he sits down beside her and asks: 'What's the matter my dear, have you been attacked?'
'Oh no,' she sobs, 'I'm in the family way.'
'Is that all?' Says the old man. 'It's alright for you, I'm in every buggers way.'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another joke

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:58 am

stardesk wrote:An elderly man is out for a stroll through the park, when he comes across a girl, sitting on a bench, crying her eyes out. Being a kindlly old soul he sits down beside her and asks: 'What's the matter my dear, have you been attacked?'
'Oh no,' she sobs, 'I'm in the family way.'
'Is that all?' Says the old man. 'It's alright for you, I'm in every buggers way.'

Like it! It reminds me of another one I heard a long time ago:

An elderly woman is watching TV when the news interrupts her show, reporting that a car driving the wrong way down the freeway is causing multiple accidents. Knowing that her husband is driving on that freeway, she calls his cell phone.

"Be careful, honey," she says. "I just heard there's a car going the wrong way on the freeway!"

The husband yells, "They're all going the wrong way!"

Tyler Childers
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:57 pm

Hi Ben. I love it, brilliant. We get the same loony drivers over here, driving the wrong way along a freeway, (motorway), the wrong way round a roundabout, and the wrong way up a one-way street.
They're not paying attention to what they're doing.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:06 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi Ben. I love it, brilliant. We get the same loony drivers over here, driving the wrong way along a freeway, (motorway), the wrong way round a roundabout, and the wrong way up a one-way street.

Evening My Gorgeous East Anglian Buddy  xxx

Hope all is well. We are going to have a heat wave, that HWB will be long gone

We used to have an American airbase near here and roundabouts always seemed to pose a challenge....I lost count of the number of cars taking them straight rather than as intended! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Hey, hello my sweet, where have you been? I've missed you.
My pet hate is people who don't indicate, especially at roundabouts or junctions. You sit there waiting for them to come by, but then they turn off, not using their indicators, leaving you sitting there when you could have gone on.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:37 pm

stardesk wrote:Hey, hello my sweet, where have you been? I've missed you.
My pet hate is people who don't indicate, especially at roundabouts or junctions. You sit there waiting for them to come by, but then they turn off, not using their indicators, leaving you sitting there when you could have gone on.

Missed you too I've been away on my hols xxx

My pet hate is people who don't thank you when you let them through, it's basic manners after all

Back to top Go down

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:07 am

stardesk wrote:Hi Ben. I love it, brilliant. We get the same loony drivers over here, driving the wrong way along a freeway, (motorway), the wrong way round a roundabout, and the wrong way up a one-way street.

Haha ... my city has a lot of one-way streets, particularly in the center, and I've done my share of frantic jumping, waving and trying to make the sign for "you're driving the wrong direction," which I think looks too much like my "look over there" Smile

We don't have a lot of roundabouts here, and every one I can think of is just one lane. Those big multilane ones look like they'd be tricky ...

Tyler Childers
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Haha ... my city has a lot of one-way streets, particularly in the center, and I've done my share of frantic jumping, waving and trying to make the sign for "you're driving the wrong direction," which I think looks too much like my "look over there" Smile

We don't have a lot of roundabouts here, and every one I can think of is just one lane. Those big multilane ones look like they'd be tricky ...

Yes, Londoners, and in Glasgow and Edinburgh. To make matters worse, ben, they all go the wrong way!!

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

In my experience Ben the Americans just ignore them and drive straight over x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down