British class vs american crap

View previous topic View next topic Go down

British class vs american crap

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Re: British class vs american crap

Post by Original Quill on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 pm

It would be a fairer test if they put the Dodge in 4-wheel drive, like they do the Rover. It's just a contest of traction, not power.

I've owned a Ram truck.  It's sweet.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:58 pm

then of course there is the fact that the landrover will STILL be doing that when the Ram has turned into a pile of iron oxide..... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:23 pm

IT'S NO WONDER that the TOP 3 motor vehicles sold in North America are still American made "Pick Up" trucks:
1.  Ford F150
2.  Chevrolet Silverado
3.  Dodge Ram 1500/3500

THE FORD F150/250/350 lineup also remains the top-selling motor-vehicle in the known universe ~ easily outselling the Toyota Corollas and Yaris, Volkswagen Golfs, and Mazda 2s and 3s..

FORD'S F100/150, 250, 350 model lineup also has been the top-selling motor vehicle of all time ~ leaving behind in the dust the Ford Model A and T, Volkswagen Beetle, Toyota Corollas, Chev' C130/Siiverados and Dodge Rams.    

IN NONE of these Top-Ten lists will you ever find any LandRover/RangeRover models popping up..   Ever...

I'VE owned both a Ford F100 and a LandRover in the past ~ and the Ford had it over the LR in every department..  Hands down !

SOMETIMES I wish I still had that F100..   In addition to my current car, not instead of...    Arrow

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:50 pm

ford= rust bucket Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:55 am

Fucked On Race Day

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:Fucked On Race Day

We used to call it a Fucked-Over, Rebuilt Dodge when I was in high school.

On the OP, isn't this a bit like comparing apples to oranges? Everyone knows that Dodge pickups are meant to look good in the parking lots of clubs where people dance like this:

“If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation, then here come the rape police."

- Rush Limbaugh, America's most influential right-wing commentator.
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:13 am

darknessss wrote:then of course there is the fact that the landrover will STILL be doing that when the Ram has turned into a pile of iron oxide..... Razz

DUH...traction is not a function of power.  It is a function of weight and gripping force.  Four-wheel drive improves traction.

Further on the brands:

Okierover wrote:Looking at customer satisfaction surveys and reliability surveys for the past thirteen years Land Rover is the bottom or near the bottom of every one of them. Thank you Jaguar…

Here’s an excerpt for 2013 models from Business Insider

BI wrote:The bottom five scoring brands in the survey were Volkswagen(174 problems per 100 vehicles), Chrysler’s Jeep brand and Mitsubishi (each at 178), Chrysler’s Dodge (190) and Tata Motors Ltd’s Land Rover brand (220).

Knowing this is a perennial problem you would think Land Rover would begin to sort that out? And don’t try to blame that score on the fastidiousness (again with the fancy words WTH?) of the wealthy owners. They sent one of their models to A CAR SHOW with that sort of problem. I know people aren’t crawling all over these models but this is just part of the culture that is Land Rover now I guess.

The standards of the products being supplied to Land Rover to make their vehicles must be very low or perhaps marginal. I get it that everyone wants to cut costs and increase profits. The factory makes it’s profit and then passes the auto to the dealership and they have their profit. But those profits are cut down by a repair at the most expensive end of the chain when a electric motor in a seat is sent in to be repaired.

The article goes on to champion the Japanese vehicles, although it is admitted that they are somewhat "soulless" and not nearly as fun to drive.

Looks like we both got panned there.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:55 am

Laughing

LANDROVERS (and Range Rovers) have aways had shithouse axles, differentials and driveshafts;   and suspension parts..

FACT..

UNTIL the rise of '3rd party' companies supplying diff's and axles for conversions, the favourite upgrade for Landrovers was to toss the fucked-up under-sized diff's and axles ~ and replace them with the 9" Ford F100/F150 diff's !!!

BEFORE LandRover had access to the BMW 2.7, 3.5 and 4.4 litre diesel engines, and later on the Ford V6 powerplants (petrol and diesel..), the Leyland versions had undersize crap engines that couldn't have pulled the skin off a custard..        

THE favoured conversions for Series II, Series III and 1980s Landies was to fit "small block" GM-Chev-Buick-Holden petrol V8s (~ 4.2 -> 4.9/5 litre capacities..) for road use; or a Perkins or Cummins 'straight-six' diesel engine for agricultural or industrial work.    (AT the same time, the classic upgrade for the RangeRover back in the 1970s and through the 1980s, and into the early '90s, was the 5.8 litre Ford Cleveland V8 [along with the C6 Auto' transmission] ~ with a preference for the Canadian-built F series version because of it's heavier castings and bigger bottom-end bearings..).

AND then just wait for the Landie's diff's to inevitably blow up, if the axles and driveshaft didn'tt screw themselves into oblivion first..

FUNNILY enough the LR/RR transfer cases and gearboxes have always been far stronger than the engines they were bolted too ~ so that they could still be used with the Chev' engines and Ford axles...
[FORD uses L/R transfer cases in some of it's AWD SUV's, inc. the Aussie-built Territory..].

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top