sniper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sniper

Post by nicko on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Have our American friends heard, a British army Sniper has beaten the American Snipers record by 17 kills.confirmed wonder if they'll make a film about that.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8540
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by eddie on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 pm

Hahahahahaha I read that just now in the paper

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32228
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 pm

"British Sniper." Razz Would make a good musical comedy.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:22 pm

surely that isn't actually an achievement...  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

"Ohh look at me I can shoot more accurately than an American"
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Brit probably used a 10th of the bullets too.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:42 pm

the brit probably managed to hit the enemy as well......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Well...at least the side of the barn. clown

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Irn Bru on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:56 pm


_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7727
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Ninety Taliban in a single day? Wow! Did you ever have one of those days on the golf course where you shoot in the 60's? Everything works.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Cass on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:10 am

sorry but I don't think its a laughing matter.

nor do I agree with the book, the movie, nor the Texas governor designating today as Chris Kyle day. Its sickening to celebrate how many people 1 person can kill.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4219
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:33 am

The sniper, who has not been named, is understood to have served in the Royal Navy's elite unit for more than a decade.

"He is not interested in scores or kill counts," a source told the Sun. "He took no satisfaction in the job he had to do.

"Because he saw the enemy as humans, he has not struggled emotionally or psychologically with what has happened.

"He had a unique job at a unique time. He must be the most lethal sniper in the world. But that is not a title he would seek out or revel in."

It is actually an Article Highlighting the HUGE difference between British Attitudes to war (professionalism, doing what has to be done, and the human tragedy of warfare) and the USA (Glory, Patriotism and the Killing those sand niggers).
The Attitude of the US solider as reflected in Films like American sniper, is disgusting cowardly and quite frankly the same mindset Nazi soldier had. Not every US solider is going to think like that but one only has to look at US generals and commanders to see it is obviously encouraged.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Original Quill on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:21 am

That's why I ridicule (not laugh at) the story.  Ninety killed in one day...that's a golf score.

Veya, you may talk about British disdain for killing, but notice (by this very thread) it's still a competitive matter to the Brits. I'm sure Americans--especially the conservative ones--are as you say, but so is everyone else. I expect it from Clint Eastwood, BTW.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:41 am

British Sniper kills many Taliban.
That to me is something to be celebrated and lets stop and think about who the Taliban are, the sort of people that kill children for pleasure. Deny women and children rights, stone victims to death.
If some here want to feel pity for them, then you are no better than they are, no one of them deserves to live as they have no care for the sanctity of life. If they had their way, none here would have any freedoms, all of which the wet left seem to neglect.
The natural thing to do with such an evil threat to life is to eradicate such a threat. If people want to sympathize with that threat to life, then your whole ethics and morals are fucked up.
To me each and everyone killed is a celebration and they are nothing short of the most evil scum to walk this earth since the Nazi's.
That every time one is dead, that is cause to celebrate.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:51 am

Original Quill wrote:That's why I ridicule (not laugh at) the story.  Ninety killed in one day...that's a golf score.

Veya, you may talk about British disdain for killing, but notice (by this very thread) it's still a competitive matter to the Brits.  I'm sure Americans--especially the conservative ones--are as you say, but so is everyone else.  I expect it from Clint Eastwood, BTW.

Your right it is competitive/comparison... but not just about who can get the more kills. Wink
Part of the Article About the Fact that The Brit Sniper think so much differently than Kyle. He admits that he kills human beings not animals and that he does his job professionally Not because he is a 'good guy' and definitely not because he is a Hero.. but because he is a solider.

thus the Brit shows that despite US military dominance they will never have the 'class' or 'depth' of the British solider.. and it is propaganda too but interesting the Difference in the specific propaganda that nations choose to display.
Part of the Aussie Propaganda is that we actually get along with the locals, respect them etc. Often this leads to us trying to clean up social mess left by the USA. they are all Soldiers and not going to say they are actually different when in the field, but even though our nations are so similar it is very interesting how different we 'idealise' our perfect warrior.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:54 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:That's why I ridicule (not laugh at) the story.  Ninety killed in one day...that's a golf score.

Veya, you may talk about British disdain for killing, but notice (by this very thread) it's still a competitive matter to the Brits.  I'm sure Americans--especially the conservative ones--are as you say, but so is everyone else.  I expect it from Clint Eastwood, BTW.

Your right it is competitive/comparison... but not just about who can get the more kills.  Wink
Part of the Article About the Fact that The Brit Sniper think so much differently than Kyle. He admits that he kills human beings not animals and that he does his job professionally Not because he is a 'good guy' and definitely not because he is a Hero.. but because he is a solider.

thus the Brit shows that despite US military dominance they will never have the 'class' or 'depth' of the British solider.. and it is propaganda too but interesting the Difference in the specific propaganda that nations choose to display.
Part of the Aussie Propaganda is that we actually get along with the locals, respect them etc. Often this leads to us trying to clean up social mess left by the USA. they are all Soldiers and not going to say they are actually different when in the field, but even though our nations are so similar it is very interesting how different we 'idealise' our perfect warrior.



Is that why Australia fought in Vietnam then, because of fears of Communism, they went to clean up the Americans mess?
You Aussie really have the most ridiculous over inflated opinions of yourselves.
Australia is one of the few nations like America where is idolizes its hero's and makes a massive play on this espcially in sporting events to the point as if they are racially superior.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:01 am

Brasidas wrote:British Sniper kills many Taliban.
That to me is something to be celebrated and lets stop and think about who the Taliban are, the sort of people that kill children for pleasure. Deny women and children rights, stone victims to death.
If some here want to feel pity for them, then you are no better than they are, no one of them deserves to live as they have no care for the sanctity of life. If they had their way, none here would have any freedoms, all of which the wet left seem to neglect.
The natural thing to do with such an evil threat to life is to eradicate such a threat. If people want to sympathize with that threat to life, then your whole ethics and morals are fucked up.
To me each and everyone killed is a celebration and they are nothing short of the most evil scum to walk this earth since the Nazi's.
That every time one is dead, that is cause to celebrate.

he said as he Idolised a 'Threat to life'... you are talking about a man that kills for a living and possibly the most efficient killer on the planet.... the Hypocrisy of your statement... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


Dead Taliban are good but treating them as if they are not human gains nothing for humanity. Like the Nazi they are just men of flesh and blood like the rest of us... better to ask and question how and why such men do what they do then simplify down to 'they are evil'... Maybe if people actual analysed how and why normal men joined the ranks of the Nazi we would have a better idea as to why young men today are joining ISIS.

I think I know why? because if we ask too hard them we will have to admit men like Kyle are no different, a different team and a different uniform but ultimately made of the same stuff, willing to kill others for ideals some higher up has told them is right... they will dehumanise and treat other humans like rats to be exterminated...

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:04 am

Brasidas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:That's why I ridicule (not laugh at) the story.  Ninety killed in one day...that's a golf score.

Veya, you may talk about British disdain for killing, but notice (by this very thread) it's still a competitive matter to the Brits.  I'm sure Americans--especially the conservative ones--are as you say, but so is everyone else.  I expect it from Clint Eastwood, BTW.

Your right it is competitive/comparison... but not just about who can get the more kills.  Wink
Part of the Article About the Fact that The Brit Sniper think so much differently than Kyle. He admits that he kills human beings not animals and that he does his job professionally Not because he is a 'good guy' and definitely not because he is a Hero.. but because he is a solider.

thus the Brit shows that despite US military dominance they will never have the 'class' or 'depth' of the British solider.. and it is propaganda too but interesting the Difference in the specific propaganda that nations choose to display.
Part of the Aussie Propaganda is that we actually get along with the locals, respect them etc. Often this leads to us trying to clean up social mess left by the USA. they are all Soldiers and not going to say they are actually different when in the field, but even though our nations are so similar it is very interesting how different we 'idealise' our perfect warrior.



Is that why Australia fought in Vietnam then, because of fears of Communism, they went to clean up the Americans mess?
You Aussie really have the most ridiculous over inflated opinions of yourselves.
Australia is one of the few nations like America where is idolizes its hero's and makes a massive play on this espcially in sporting events to the point as if they are racially superior.

Yeah thats why our VC got it for saving an Afghani interpreter.
And Australia Never used landmines never had any planted here, yet has spent more money than any other nation on earth removing them. Ask a Vietnamese or Cambodian how Australia has treated them. tongue

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Brasidas wrote:



Is that why Australia fought in Vietnam then, because of fears of Communism, they went to clean up the Americans mess?
You Aussie really have the most ridiculous over inflated opinions of yourselves.
Australia is one of the few nations like America where is idolizes its hero's and makes a massive play on this espcially in sporting events to the point as if they are racially superior.

Yeah thats why our VC got it for saving an Afghani interpreter.
And Australia Never used landmines never had any planted here, yet has spent more money than any other nation on earth removing them. Ask a Vietnamese or Cambodian how Australia has treated them. tongue


That is babble as Aussie's certainly have used mines in warfare and you need to learn some real history about the Australians:








Tony MacDougall’s revised edition of his book, Australians at War, is worth reading, for one reason.

Despite its attempt to glorify war and promote nationalist myths, he gives an honest account of Australian atrocities in war-both in decisions by the ruling class to throw away lives joining unnecessary conflicts and in the war crimes committed by the military in waging them.

These began as early as the Boer War (1902), when Harry “Breaker” Morant, Hancock and Witton joined an “irregular regiment”, the Bushveldt Carbineers, “that acquired a reputation for taking no prisoners”.

All three were charged by court martial for shooting Boer civilians. Morant and Hancock were found guilty and shot by firing squad.

When WWI began in 1914, the Australian ruling class saw “blood sacrifice” as a rite of passage. The Sydney Morning Herald articulated this in August that year, declaring, “It is our baptism of fire”. What this meant was that only 7000 of the first 32,000 volunteers who sailed returned home. In 1917, at the Ypres offensives, 38,000 Australians were killed or wounded.

But MacDougall admit that by 1918: “For all their undoubted valour, the Diggers had gained a reputation for ruthlessness in battle, for shooting prisoners-something of which English soldiers were seldom guilty.

“Robert Graves was shocked when an Australian boasted to him that the ‘greatest lark he’d ever had’ was lobbing bombs into a cellar full of surrendered German at Morlancourt.”

Germany was vilified for the use of mustard gas during that war in trench warfare on the Western Front. Yet MacDougall reveals that in September 1918, Australian artillery fired mustard gas shells at Germany’s Hindenberg Line.

In the war of “race” against Japan in the Pacific, the Battle of the Bismarck Sea stands out. In March 1943, RAAF Beaufighters strafed (machine gunned) Japanese survivors in the water after one Japanese ship sank.

Of course, you can already find this fact in Humphrey McQueen’s Japan to the Rescue (1991) but at least MacDougall doesn’t write it out of history.

In November 1944, the Australian government, led by Labor’s John Curtin, “had firmly decided that its forces’ role ‘should be on a scale to guarantee her an effective role in the peace settlement’.” This is explained by their concern to make sure Australia got its share of the expected colonial carve-up at war’s end.

One result of this policy was “Curtin’s insistence that Australian troops expel the last Japanese garrisons from the Australian territories in the South Pacific.”

This ran counter to American strategic planning, which aimed to bypass a number of Japanese island garrisons, even sizeable ones, in order to make a path towards Japan and ending the war by attacking the Japanese capital directly.

MacDougall sums up how Australia’s political decision-making impacted on military matters: “The operations of Australian forces in the Pacific in the last year of the war have been widely viewed as an unnecessary waste of lives.”

Australia attacked Japanese garrisons in New Guinea and the northern Solomons (Bougainville). “The 3rd Australian Division, arriving on Bougainville late in 1944, found a strange truce had been established between the Americans and the Japanese. However, General Savige ordered the enemy cleared from the centre of the island”, writes MacDougall.

In June 1945, at Beaufort on Borneo’s north-west coast, upon defeating the Japanese and learning of the 2000 Australian and Britsh POWs dying on the Sandakan Death March, Australian troops let loose indigenous headhunters on some of the 6000 Japanese who surrendered. These Japanese POWs were forced in a death march of their own, the “Beaufort Episode”.

During the Vietnam War, at the village of Binh Ba, five kilometres from the main Australian base at Nui Dat, a battle raged in June 1969. Australian tanks were “devastating the town while infantry fought house to house and helicopters hosed the plantation with fire”, tells MacDougall.
Australian casualties were nine, while more than 100 dead Vietnamese were counted. “A number of them were women and children, a fact that deeply troubled many of the Australians and still does.”

MacDougall intended this book to continue the eulogising of the Anzac myth, “to remind Australians of aspects of their past that are in danger of being forgotten”. But his honesty means that, if you can stomach it, he reveals the brutality of Australia’s rulers, and the horrors they have unleashed in order to secure a place alongside the world’s major powers.

By Tom Orsag

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:41 am

Sorry veya but the Australians did use land mines,i think it was at a place called Thuong Duc 0n the border with Laos. They also used plenty of Claymores [a type of mine that stood on a tripod and could be set off electronicly.] As a matter of interest the mines were filled with ball bearings and were slightly curved. They had also printed on them "This side toward enemy" [so the yanks knew witch way to set them]!!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8540
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:51 am

Let's not get our morals mixed up in the story of the Taliban; they're so truly evil that even an American country-western singer wrote a song about how much an every-day Muslim in Afghanistan hated them Smile

_________________
“A ‘job creator’ is someone who figures out how to threaten you with starvation unless you do something you don’t want to do."

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23003
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:53 am

nicko wrote:Have our American friends heard,   a British army Sniper has beaten the American Snipers record by 17 kills.confirmed  wonder if they'll make a film about that.

I'll ask Obama what he thinks about this at the next Meeting of All Americans and get back to you. I can't promise anything; Eastwood's apparently got a few other projects on his plate.

_________________
“A ‘job creator’ is someone who figures out how to threaten you with starvation unless you do something you don’t want to do."

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23003
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:02 am

Bit sarcastic there Ben, lowest form of wit don't you know!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8540
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:14 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Let's not get our morals mixed up in the story of the Taliban; they're so truly evil that even an American country-western singer wrote a song about how much an every-day Muslim in Afghanistan hated them Smile

Hence why every Taliban scum killed is to be celebrated.
Well done Ben

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:18 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Brasidas wrote:British Sniper kills many Taliban.
That to me is something to be celebrated and lets stop and think about who the Taliban are, the sort of people that kill children for pleasure. Deny women and children rights, stone victims to death.
If some here want to feel pity for them, then you are no better than they are, no one of them deserves to live as they have no care for the sanctity of life. If they had their way, none here would have any freedoms, all of which the wet left seem to neglect.
The natural thing to do with such an evil threat to life is to eradicate such a threat. If people want to sympathize with that threat to life, then your whole ethics and morals are fucked up.
To me each and everyone killed is a celebration and they are nothing short of the most evil scum to walk this earth since the Nazi's.
That every time one is dead, that is cause to celebrate.

he said as he Idolised a 'Threat to life'... you are talking about a man that kills for a living and possibly the most efficient killer on the planet.... the Hypocrisy of your statement... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


Dead Taliban are good but treating them as if they are not human gains nothing for humanity. Like the Nazi they are just men of flesh and blood like the rest of us... better to ask and question how and why such men do what they do then simplify down to 'they are evil'... Maybe if people actual analysed how and why normal men joined the ranks of the Nazi we would have a better idea as to why young men today are joining ISIS.

I think I know why? because if we ask too hard them we will have to admit men like Kyle are no different, a different team and a different uniform but ultimately made of the same stuff, willing to kill others for ideals some higher up has told them is right... they will dehumanise and treat other humans like rats to be exterminated...


They are not human and do not deserve to be recognised as such when they kill children indifferently.
This is the problem when we have such wet left wing people they want to humanise groups of people they do not warrant such recognition. WE know why people join them and it is based on many reasons, what you cannot explain is why they follow and carry out barbaric acts and all done by the justification of their religion. They do this willingly and believe it is sanctioned by their deity, all of which you neglect.
So yes I celebrate people like the British sniper of ridding the world of a few hundred evil men, that do not deserve life, they and the world is better off with them dead.
That is the facts

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:11 am

Homo sapiens (Latin: "wise man") is the binomial nomenclature (also known as the scientific name) for the human species. Homo is the human genus, which also includes Neanderthals and many other extinct species of hominid; H. sapiens is the only surviving species of the genus Homo. Cause we KILLED the rest Modern humans are the subspecies Homo sapiens sapiens, which differentiates them from what has been argued to be their direct ancestor, Homo sapiens idaltu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapiens

Sorry Brasidas but now where does it say that the violent hairless ape that has raped the planet and driven as many species to extinction as an asteroid impact is 'Nice to Kids'.. regardless of if you like it or not A Human being Can murder child. that is reality.. Call me wet when your dripping mate, I am being realistic YES HUMAN beings are capable of despicable things IF those of us that don't want despicable things to happen want to prevent them in the future we need to UNDERSTAND why? how? confused From your own experience can you understand a man that shoots a child in the head? Suspect Cause I fucking Can't!... I'd have to THINK about it.. use empathy, rational reason and logic to try and get into the head of a man that would TO under stand why he would and prevent that circumstance from occurring...

We cant 'Write it off as a few races' almost all human cultures are responsible form some atrocity or another it is just a matter scale and often that is directly linked to capacity/size of the culture.

We literally had a woman in Queensland Kill 7 kids, 6 of which where her own! only a couple of months ago. By Your logic she is not a human confused

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 am

You fail to understand that the taliban fail to live up to being human at all, based on the fact their traits are based on nothing that is human at all. They would have all their children taken from them in a civilized world, because there raising of children is nothing short of child abuse. This has nothing to do with races, even though biologically we are all one race, so that has no bearing. The Taliban are a dehumanized group which carries out dispicable acts. Not only that it believes it should carry out these acts and justifies doing so based on myths. They choose this path and have no intention of changing from this pathg and have continued to abuse life, having no care for the sanctity of life. To them it is more important to die in the belief they view they will go to heaven committing such acts. So they cease to be human at all and show little traits of what moral and ethical humans are today. You may want to sit back and allow such groups to exist, but the longer they contionue to exist the more people will face persecution and genocide at their hands of this backward group. Take out allk the fighting men, save the women and children.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:29 am

nicko wrote:Sorry veya   but the Australians did use land mines,i think it was at a place called Thuong Duc 0n the border with Laos. They also used plenty of Claymores [a type of mine that stood on a tripod and could be set off electronicly.]  As a matter of interest the mines were filled with ball bearings and were slightly curved.       They had also printed on them "This side toward enemy"   [so the yanks knew witch way to set them]!!

I believe you are a Vietnam vet Question .. I will admit i only know the propaganda (obviously pro Aussie) that i was taught in School. study
The Main Vet I actually know is a friends dad and he was blown up..only survivor of APC that hit a mine.. and only cause there wasn't enough room and because he was Irish they told him he had to hang on the back.. he still has noticeable PTSD... Sad So Obviously bit uncomfortable to bring up the war for purely academic interest. silent

On the Mines, it is always suggested that they were the Americans mines.. it sort of glosses over if we actually buried them or not silent Suspect So I believe you if you say so Smile

Is it true that While American troops would flamer thrower villages, the Aussies didn't and comparatively respected villages and locals. Question
We are taught that is part of the reason we had a 5th the casualty rate of Americans. scratch . the locals didn't hate us as much. pirat
Would you say there is some truth to that or is it complete propagandist bullshit ? Suspect Suspect Suspect


P.S. I didn't include claymores as the farmers are not still 'digging' them out of the ground


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:43 am

Brasidas wrote:You fail to understand that the taliban fail to live up to being human at all, based on the fact their traits are based on nothing that is human at all. They would have all their children taken from them in a civilized world, NEVER SAID THEY WERE CIVILIZED because there raising of children is nothing short of child abuse. this is a bit of an 'issue' you see technically a lot of aboriginal traditions also constitute child abuse, it is of often of debate here where the line is drawn between "that's their culture" and "that's fucking child abuse" This has nothing to do with races, even though biologically we are all one race, so that has no bearing. The Taliban are a dehumanized group which carries out dispicable acts. Not only that it believes it should carry out these acts and justifies doing so based on myths. As many groups of humans have done in the past, even our own ancestors are actually responsible for some of the same sort of shit They choose this path and have no intention of changing from this pathg and have continued to abuse life, having no care for the sanctity of life. To them it is more important to die in the belief they view they will go to heaven committing such acts. So they cease to be human at all and show little traits of what moral and ethical humans are today. You may want to sit back and allow such groups to exist, but the longer they contionue to exist the more people will face persecution and genocide you do see the irony in committing genocide to prevent genocide Suspect at their hands of this backward group. Take out allk the fighting men, save the women and children.
I actually have no problem killing them, but they are still men like me I will not deny it, they are flesh and blood and bone all my same organs and share the vast majority of my DNA..
You miss the point of my opposition to dehumanizing them.. it is because they are actually in reality homo sapiens AND even if we kill them another group of homo sapiens will do the same eventually (we already killed the Nazis... bad stuff still happens).
I Know we can stop them they are relatively weak, I want to know how to prevent the next one.. because the next one could be a lot fucking stronger .. Cool Cool Sideward Glance towards the USA's teaparty movement Neutral Neutral Neutral

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 am

I never claimed they were biologically different, but their views are warped by religion and this religious views they have are a clear and present danger to the well being of many people espcially children and women. So their rights to life are outweighed by the fact they present a far bigger threat to the well being of others. Again  you are confusing race on this which has nothing to do with any reason to wipe them out. The greater need is to prevent them committing anymore harm. They are are not going to detract from their present course and have not done so even after being defeated in conventional battles. Their resolve will continue and has continued for decades. We wrongly are treating them as humans, which they ceased to act as humans the moment they adopted an extreme ideology.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:06 pm

V eya, It is true the American soldier [by and large] did not go in for the "hearts and Minds" idea that the British and Australians did. From what I saw they went in for the "gung o" method that did not work. I mention the British because most people did not realise that some hundreds of Brits were involved, although that was rarely spoken of.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 8540
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 76
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Brasidas wrote:British Sniper kills many Taliban.
That to me is something to be celebrated and lets stop and think about who the Taliban are, the sort of people that kill children for pleasure. Deny women and children rights, stone victims to death.
If some here want to feel pity for them, then you are no better than they are, no one of them deserves to live as they have no care for the sanctity of life. If they had their way, none here would have any freedoms, all of which the wet left seem to neglect.
The natural thing to do with such an evil threat to life is to eradicate such a threat. If people want to sympathize with that threat to life, then your whole ethics and morals are fucked up.
To me each and everyone killed is a celebration and they are nothing short of the most evil scum to walk this earth since the Nazi's.
That every time one is dead, that is cause to celebrate.

he said as he Idolised a 'Threat to life'... you are talking about a man that kills for a living and possibly the most efficient killer on the planet.... the Hypocrisy of your statement... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


Dead Taliban are good but treating them as if they are not human gains nothing for humanity. Like the Nazi they are just men of flesh and blood like the rest of us... better to ask and question how and why such men do what they do then simplify down to 'they are evil'... Maybe if people actual analysed how and why normal men joined the ranks of the Nazi we would have a better idea as to why young men today are joining ISIS.

I think I know why? because if we ask too hard them we will have to admit men like Kyle are no different, a different team and a different uniform but ultimately made of the same stuff, willing to kill others for ideals some higher up has told them is right... they will dehumanise and treat other humans like rats to be exterminated...


Veya that's complete and utter rubbish.
Perhaps if your life and loved ones were affected by the Taliban you woukdnt be so soft on them.
Seriusly, I'm a great advocate of "talking things through" but what is there to talk through with these people? They are brainwashed and kill anyone in their way - women and children included - and you think we should make them a glass of lemonade and ask them why they are being so naughty???

_________________
Problems are the price of progress. Don't bring me anything but trouble.
Good news weakens me.

~ Charles F. Kettering
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 32228
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Original Quill on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:49 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:That's why I ridicule (not laugh at) the story.  Ninety killed in one day...that's a golf score.

Veya, you may talk about British disdain for killing, but notice (by this very thread) it's still a competitive matter to the Brits.  I'm sure Americans--especially the conservative ones--are as you say, but so is everyone else.  I expect it from Clint Eastwood, BTW.

Your right it is competitive/comparison... but not just about who can get the more kills.  Wink
Part of the Article About the Fact that The Brit Sniper think so much differently than Kyle. He admits that he kills human beings not animals and that he does his job professionally Not because he is a 'good guy' and definitely not because he is a Hero.. but because he is a solider.

Or, he has a good publicity agent.  Some people are good at saying the right thing at the right time, and a person in the business of slaughtering 90-humans a day needs to keep a temperate tongue.

veya_victaous wrote:thus the Brit shows that despite US military dominance they will never have the 'class' or 'depth' of the British solider.. and it is propaganda too but interesting the Difference in the specific propaganda that nations choose to display.
Part of the Aussie Propaganda is that we actually get along with the locals, respect them etc. Often this leads to us trying to clean up social mess left by the USA. they are all Soldiers and not going to say they are actually different when in the field, but even though our nations are so similar it is very interesting how different we 'idealise' our perfect warrior.

I don't object to your maligning the American soldier, but it is because I don't like the whole business of soldiering.  Mind you, I have no more respect for the British soldier, even if he has a silver tongue.

I'm reminded of the Neil Simon play noir, The Prisoner of Second Avenue.  After several upsetting life-events, he sat in his NY apartment window with a rifle, shooting anyone and everyone who came along on the street.  

Now think: these guys are doing that for real.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Original Quill on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Brasidas wrote:You fail to understand that the taliban fail to live up to being human at all, based on the fact their traits are based on nothing that is human at all. They would have all their children taken from them in a civilized world, because there raising of children is nothing short of child abuse. This has nothing to do with races, even though biologically we are all one race, so that has no bearing. The Taliban are a dehumanized group which carries out dispicable acts. Not only that it believes it should carry out these acts and justifies doing so based on myths. They choose this path and have no intention of changing from this pathg and have continued to abuse life, having no care for the sanctity of life. To them it is more important to die in the belief they view they will go to heaven committing such acts. So they cease to be human at all and show little traits of what moral and ethical humans are today. You may want to sit back and allow such groups to exist, but the longer they contionue to exist the more people will face persecution and genocide at their hands of this backward group. Take out allk the fighting men, save the women and children.

Even if I agree with you, I would like to think that we could find some resolution to wars that doesn't involve such ethnocentric finger pointing.  If we just keep shouting self-justifications we are only accepting this shit as inevitable.

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:35 pm

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Brasidas wrote:British Sniper kills many Taliban.
That to me is something to be celebrated and lets stop and think about who the Taliban are, the sort of people that kill children for pleasure. Deny women and children rights, stone victims to death.
If some here want to feel pity for them, then you are no better than they are, no one of them deserves to live as they have no care for the sanctity of life. If they had their way, none here would have any freedoms, all of which the wet left seem to neglect.
The natural thing to do with such an evil threat to life is to eradicate such a threat. If people want to sympathize with that threat to life, then your whole ethics and morals are fucked up.
To me each and everyone killed is a celebration and they are nothing short of the most evil scum to walk this earth since the Nazi's.
That every time one is dead, that is cause to celebrate.

he said as he Idolised a 'Threat to life'... you are talking about a man that kills for a living and possibly the most efficient killer on the planet.... the Hypocrisy of your statement... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


Dead Taliban are good but treating them as if they are not human gains nothing for humanity. Like the Nazi they are just men of flesh and blood like the rest of us... better to ask and question how and why such men do what they do then simplify down to 'they are evil'... Maybe if people actual analysed how and why normal men joined the ranks of the Nazi we would have a better idea as to why young men today are joining ISIS.

I think I know why? because if we ask too hard them we will have to admit men like Kyle are no different, a different team and a different uniform but ultimately made of the same stuff, willing to kill others for ideals some higher up has told them is right... they will dehumanise and treat other humans like rats to be exterminated...


Veya that's complete and utter rubbish.
Perhaps if your life and loved ones were affected by the Taliban  you wouldnt be so soft on them. Maybe if your loved ones were Taliban you wouldn't be so soft on the West, perspective is everything. Wink
Seriusly, I'm a great advocate of "talking things through" but what is there to talk through with these people? They are brainwashed and kill anyone in their way - women and children included Wow thanks Eddie Cause THAT IS EXACTLY what Kyle did when invading Iraq, And My point is we can't call him a hero and the Taliban monster when they are both killers of women and children that oppose the policy they are going to implement with lethal force- and you think we should make them a glass of lemonade and ask them why they are being so naughty??? Is that they way we study Animals? you and Brasidas fall into the same mistake, there is not 2 options of give them lemonade or genocide.. we can remove them with out the hate we can actually just use logic to determine yes world is better off with out them, by mobilising and fortifying our resolve with hate makes us only a little better than them

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:38 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:


Veya that's complete and utter rubbish.
Perhaps if your life and loved ones were affected by the Taliban  you wouldnt be so soft on them. Maybe if your loved ones were Taliban you wouldn't be so soft on the West, perspective is everything.   Wink  
Seriusly, I'm a great advocate of "talking things through" but what is there to talk through with these people? They are brainwashed and kill anyone in their way - women and children included Wow thanks Eddie Cause THAT IS EXACTLY what Kyle did when invading Iraq, And My point is we can't call him a hero and the Taliban monster when they are both killers of women and children that oppose the policy they are going to implement with lethal force- and you think we should make them a glass of lemonade and ask them why they are being so naughty??? Is that they way we study Animals? you and Brasidas fall into the same mistake, there is not 2 options of give them lemonade or genocide.. we can remove them with out the hate we can actually just use logic to determine yes world is better off with out them, by mobilising and fortifying our resolve with hate [b]makes us only a little better than them[/b]

well I'll ask it agian.....WHY???? do we have to be "better than them" when fighting them.....Its all very well being the dead heros.....but if you are going to fight monsters....you had best be prepared to act monsterously.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:46 pm

Consider....some scroat is threatening me, and I assume from his body language and behaviour , that IF he gets the better of me he WILL not merely knock me down but kick seven bells out of me too...just because he can....

NOW...THE LAW ASIDE (which infers moderation in force) why should I not therfore make SURE I get the better of HIM....by kicking seven bells out of him......


the paradigam may well be "do unto others as ye would be done unto"

but reality dictates that in fact one should "do unto others as they would do unto you....but do it first"

think about it......think how nice it would be to return a kindness.....before it was done..... Wink


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Brasidas wrote:I never claimed they were biologically different, but their views are warped by religion and this religious views they have are a clear and present danger to the well being of many people espcially children and women. So their rights to life are outweighed by the fact they present a far bigger threat to the well being of others. Again  you are confusing race on this which has nothing to do with any reason to wipe them out. The greater need is to prevent them committing anymore harm. They are are not going to detract from their present course and have not done so even after being defeated in conventional battles. Their resolve will continue and has continued for decades. We wrongly are treating them as humans, which they ceased to act as humans the moment they adopted an extreme ideology.

But then you get into the Afghan specific issue of the other guys(the locals we are sided with) are not that much better. Crying or Very sad
Few places on earth are as 'backwards' as Afghanistan, it is a location that the ideology can be better contained than say Iraq or Syria.

If we are going to dissect it anywhere Afghan is as good as we are likely to get Wink
we could wait till there is a new rising in Europe or something the USA.. but would we not be better off to take the time to work out how to fight this mind set that does occur amongst humans(I will define them as "Uneducated theocratic groups that use violence to push their agenda") there rather than our own backyard?
It is cruel/selfish to say but I would prefer Car bombers in Kabul than Sydney Neutral

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:01 pm

darknessss wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:


Veya that's complete and utter rubbish.
Perhaps if your life and loved ones were affected by the Taliban  you wouldnt be so soft on them. Maybe if your loved ones were Taliban you wouldn't be so soft on the West, perspective is everything.   Wink  
Seriusly, I'm a great advocate of "talking things through" but what is there to talk through with these people? They are brainwashed and kill anyone in their way - women and children included Wow thanks Eddie Cause THAT IS EXACTLY what Kyle did when invading Iraq, And My point is we can't call him a hero and the Taliban monster when they are both killers of women and children that oppose the policy they are going to implement with lethal force- and you think we should make them a glass of lemonade and ask them why they are being so naughty??? Is that they way we study Animals? you and Brasidas fall into the same mistake, there is not 2 options of give them lemonade or genocide.. we can remove them with out the hate we can actually just use logic to determine yes world is better off with out them, by mobilising and fortifying our resolve with hate [b]makes us only a little better than them[/b]

well I'll ask it agian.....WHY???? do we have to be "better than them" when fighting them.....Its all very well being the dead heros.....but if you are going to fight monsters....you had best be prepared to act monsterously.....

Because we CAN!!!
other wise we are just beast too... AND if we are not going to at least try and be Better than we can at least STFU about being 'good'...

So by your own admission you are the man that will start the fight before the other guy??? so by your own logic everyone is morally right to kick the crap out of you before you do it first.. as you stated you plan to do...
it will just perpetuate conflict eternally:::fsh:::

Sometimes I wonder how Humans managed to get beyond the Cavemen
Trusting other Humans is Fundamental to Society...

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16360
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Original Quill on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:17 am

Dark... wrote:well I'll ask it agian.....WHY???? do we have to be "better than them" when fighting them.....Its all very well being the dead heros.....but if you are going to fight monsters....you had best be prepared to act monsterously....

You are virtually admitting that you are as low-down as they are. So, we'll hear no more complaints about Muslims or ISIL from you, right?

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 20530
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:29 am

Original Quill wrote:
Dark... wrote:well I'll ask it agian.....WHY???? do we have to be "better than them" when fighting them.....Its all very well being the dead heros.....but if you are going to fight monsters....you had best be prepared to act monsterously....

You are virtually admitting that you are as low-down as they are.  So, we'll hear no more complaints about Muslims or ISIL  from you, right?

as long as.........I am allowed to do unto others but do it first.......or take (or have taken on my behalf) such means as is necessary to ensure that they dont inconvenience me....

at veya ...wrong..... I dont start the fight......but if the conflict is initiated by someone else then as far as I am concerned all bets are off......I'm NOT going to be nice about it....

you deliberately mis read to argue ...you have been taking lessons from someone else ?????

nowhere do I suggest randomly attacking anyone or "starting" the fight.....My point is that in defence i would be extremely ........ ahem........robust Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Brasidas wrote:................................

These began as early as the Boer War (1902), when Harry “Breaker” Morant, Hancock and Witton joined an “irregular regiment”, the Bushveldt Carbineers, “that acquired a reputation for taking no prisoners”.

All three were charged by court martial for shooting Boer civilians. Morant and Hancock were found guilty and shot by firing squad.

............................
Suspect

HARRY MORANT was a British citizen resident in South Australia before the outbreak of the Boer War.

THE "Bushveldt Carbineers" were a British Army-linked unit under British control..

BREAKER MORANT and his two Aussie compatrots were murdered by toffee nosed "born to rule" aristocrat chocolate soldier 'officers' kangaroo court for purely political reasons...

FOR A more genuine account of just why the British Aristocracy wanted to murder 'Breaker' Morant, better off reading the book by Kit Denton ~ rather than that Brit'-Tory-apologist crap reproduced above !    study

OR the more time-challenged can watch the movie starring Edward Woodward and Jack Thompson..

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2995
Join date : 2014-03-07
Age : 59
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sniper

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum