14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Go down

14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Yep folks its 14 weeks since my last "real" fag

admittedly i'm still getting my "fix" cos I'm on the "e-cigs"

BUT I'm using that less and less...a puff or two in the morning and then a few on here (to help me with the stress of arguing that white is not merely another shade of grey with *********) in an evening

feel MUCH better already...less easily winded and far more able to chase my lunch round the country side....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by nicko on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:11 pm

Having had an Heart Attack and a quad bypass, I can assure you that's the best way to stop smoking
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9899
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Having had an Heart Attack and a quad bypass......is the best way to stop smoking ????? pale affraid

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:04 pm

darknessss wrote:Having had an Heart Attack and a quad bypass......is the best way to stop smoking ????? pale affraid

The "scared straight" approach Smile

I quit smoking but I could never kick the craving, not even on a course of a horrible medication that has dangerous side-effects. I tried nicotine gum, but that's very expensive and it's kind of awkward to adjust to as well.

So basically I use e-cigs full time now. Literally all the time Smile I know they're not as safe as quitting nicotine products altogether, but they've been a lot easier on my lungs than cigs were.

_________________
“But I got me a woman with a love so true. Darlin' to me but that's missus to you.”

Tyler Childers
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24296
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Cass on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:15 am

darknessss wrote:Yep folks its 14 weeks since my last "real" fag

admittedly i'm still getting my "fix" cos I'm on the "e-cigs"

BUT I'm using that less and less...a puff or two in the morning and then a few on here (to help me with the stress of arguing that white is not merely another shade of grey with *********) in an evening

feel MUCH better already...less easily winded and far more able to chase my lunch round the country side....

well done sweetie....its been 20 months for me......not touched one....using the ecig....or rather a gaping device......down to 3mg of nicotine .....occasionally I up it to 6 but better than the alternative.....

keep it up xxxxx

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:03 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
darknessss wrote:Having had an Heart Attack and a quad bypass......is the best way to stop smoking ????? pale affraid

The "scared straight" approach Smile

I quit smoking but I could never kick the craving, not even on a course of a horrible medication that has dangerous side-effects. I tried nicotine gum, but that's very expensive and it's kind of awkward to adjust to as well.

So basically I use e-cigs full time now. Literally all the time Smile I know they're not as safe as quitting nicotine products altogether, but they've been a lot easier on my lungs than cigs were.

Yep, they say that nicotine is the worst of the addictive drugs. The craving is the worst to get rid of. Worse than heroin, so they say.

Aren't e-cigs nicotine? I don't care if someone wants to poison themselves over the long term. My only objection is that the lungs are the worst drug delivery means ever.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24614
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:28 am

E-cig liquid usually contains nicotine, though apparently some people (don't ask me why) get nicotine-free liquid.

_________________
“But I got me a woman with a love so true. Darlin' to me but that's missus to you.”

Tyler Childers
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24296
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by eddie on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:38 am

I think you need to be very careful about these e-cigs.
I would put all my money (£2.67 Hahahahaha) on the fact that come ten years time, they're going to find a whole heap of health issues connected to these "wonder" ciggies....

But yes, better than ordinary cigarettes I guess.



_________________
”Some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal” ~ Albert Camus
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35563
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:34 pm

They seem to eliminate tars, which are a large part of what is wrong with the whole cigarette and cigar thing.

Still, I cringe when I think of all the delicate lung tissue one is destroying with every puff. I can think of no worse death than not being able to breath.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24614
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Cass wrote:
darknessss wrote:Yep folks its 14 weeks since my last "real" fag

admittedly i'm still getting my "fix" cos I'm on the "e-cigs"

BUT I'm using that less and less...a puff or two in the morning and then a few on here (to help me with the stress of arguing that white is not merely another shade of grey with *********) in an evening

feel MUCH better already...less easily winded and far more able to chase my lunch round the country side....

well done sweetie....its been 20 months for me......not touched one....using the ecig....or rather a gaping device......down to 3mg of nicotine .....occasionally I up it to 6 but better than the alternative.....

keep it up xxxxx

you might want to correct that in light of



Laughing pale


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Cass on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:24 pm

darknessss wrote:
Cass wrote:

well done sweetie....its been 20 months for me......not touched one....using the ecig....or rather a gaping device......down to 3mg of nicotine .....occasionally I up it to 6 but better than the alternative.....

keep it up xxxxx
you might want to correct that in light of


Laughing pale


you are TERRIBLE......Laughing

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:33 pm


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Cass on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:41 pm

I'm on my second glass.......and its still the first quarter......bwahahaha

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by eddie on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:They seem to eliminate tars, which are a large part of what is wrong with the whole cigarette and cigar thing.

Still, I cringe when I think of all the delicate lung tissue one is destroying with every puff.  I can think of no worse death than not being able to breath.


That's how my grandfather died Quill; he literally drowned in his own mucus.

_________________
”Some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal” ~ Albert Camus
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35563
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:39 am

fellow ex-smokers!  It's not easy.  Eight years on 13th Feb for me x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Brilliant, FTL. I applaud all ex-smokers.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24614
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:Brilliant, FTL.  I applaud all ex-smokers.

Thank you Quill   xxx

I can't imagine smoking now.  My coping mechanism mentally was that I didn't smoke and never had smoked.  

Mind over matter; it sounds easy but you need a stubborn side.    I hated the way it controlled my behaviour, it is a drug after all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 14 weeks off the "stinkies"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum