No femails or siense allowed in Abbott's 'Class of 2013'

Go down

No femails or siense allowed in Abbott's 'Class of 2013'

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:27 am

http://www.thevine.com.au/life/news/no-femails-or-siense-allowed-in-abbotts-class-of-2013-20130916-265300/

the Evil has started. I did my best to Warn my fellow Aussies this would happen so now I join the Corus of 'I told you so'.

He has removed the minsitry of Science and has created a Ministry of Sport (cause we don't waste enough on Sport Rolling Eyes  )
he has only 1 female front bencher and out of the 30 positions of power only 5 are now held by women.

"New ministry reflects Abbott's respect for women, science

Look, there is a lot of discussion about the fact that Tony Abbott's newly-minted front bench has exactly one woman in it - but stop making such a big deal about the fact that Afghanistan has more women in its cabinet than Australia, acting opposition leader Chris Bowen - or suggesting that women are discouraged from being part of parliament, Liberal senator Sue Boyce (“I'm shocked and embarrassed by the Liberal Party – and it's had so damn long to fix the problem,” she told the Age yesterday).

Tony's made clear that he would like to have had more women in his front bench, but "plainly I am disappointed that there are not at least two women in the cabinet." Yes, women, he is disappointed - very disappointed in you.

Of course, "it would be folly to expect that women would ever approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, their abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons", as he memorably explained as an undergraduate (and a position he snaked around but didn't repudiate on Four Corners in 2010). So, ladies, maybe you should just pull your socks up a bit.

Also worth celebrating is his decision to scrap the ministries of water, climate change, science (science!) and aged care - since none of them are than important. Heck, climate change, in particular, is "complete crap", as he put it in 2009 - and what country ever got anywhere by relying on science? Also, Australia's population is getting younger and younger, right?"
~from
http://thevine.com.au/life/news/10-things-your-childhood-nightmares-now-made-terrifying-flesh-20130917-265308/?page=0

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No femails or siense allowed in Abbott's 'Class of 2013'

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:37 am

He's still doing better than our Republicans; they have 234 seats in our House of Representatives and only 19 are women, while in the Senate, there are only four Republican women out of a total of 46 Republicans (a paltry eight percent, compared to double that in Australia).

The science thing sucks, but you could have a guy like this:

... serving on your House Committee on Science, Space and Technology.

Cody Jinks
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:51 am

yeah still not as bad as the repubs

those numbers are with higher position of the total candidates they are at about 25% but only make up 16% of higher positions

"While the Greens are the strongest performers on gender balance (with over 40% women candidates), less than 1 in 4 Liberal candidates are women, while women make up 1 in 3 Labor candidates."
Actually heaps better didn't know there were so few women in US politics

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:09 pm

We Democrats are doing a little bit better -- we have 200 seats in the House and 59 are women; we have 52 seats in the Senate and 16 are women. Still makes our Congress a boys' club, though.

Cody Jinks
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down