Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children

Go down

Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 pm

The mother of seven of the eight children found dead in a house in the northeastern Australian city of Cairns has been arrested on suspicion of murder, police Detective Inspector Bruno Asnicar said Saturday morning.

The 37-year-old woman is under police guard at a hospital and in stable condition, he said at a news conference.

The discovery of the bodies added to a traumatic week for Australia after a deadly hostage-taking in Sydney.

Police said they were called to the suburban house in the Manoora area of Cairns on Friday morning after reports of an injured woman.

Inside, officers found the bodies of eight children between the ages of 18 months and 15 years, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/australia-cairns-police-investigation/

Indeed, a horrible spat of tragedies for Australia this week.

Cody Jinks
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cairns woman arrested, charged with murder of her eight children

Post by eddie on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:49 pm

What would she do this??? Why? Sad

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:03 pm

eddie wrote:What would she do this??? Why? Sad

apparently a 20 year old brother to the dead children found them. how awful for him.

this hurts my heart.

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:13 am

1 of the Children is a Niece

Very Sad they say they have never had any reason for social services to contact the family so it is really a breakdown out of no where

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:03 pm

I will never ever understand things like this. Cass is right it hurts your heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:29 am

Sad

INFORMATION coming out of that street last week suggested that the mother/aunty had a depressive illness stretching back over some months...

[WHILE it is no surprise that she may well turn out to be "mad as a meataxe", this also begs the question of just why family and friends hadn't 'intervened' earlier, and got, or at least suggested, some medical/psychiatric treatment months ago ? AND why had her family and neighbours seen fit to leave her in charge of EIGHT CHILDREN when they had already noted signs that she was starting to lose it ?
HOW many times do we hear about people noticing that someone has been slipping, sliding downhill, avoiding parties/social gatherings/meetings and public events, keeping to themselves excessively or uncharacteristically, making unusual religious or fanciful comments ~ and yet they don't speak up until after something happens ?
LOOKING back over the years and decades, I can even remember such 'retisence' over speaking out/up among parts of my own extended family, neighbours, some groups of friends ~ some people even suggesting that 'so-and-so' is a bit moody, going through a phase, and other such avoidance excuses..].

IT HAS been reported this week that the mother (still in custody in hospital) will likely appear before a Mental Health Court, after being interviewed and assessed by a psychiatrist or two this week.

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Andrea Yates...her own 5 children, and she walks. Texas!

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Surprised

I recall there being something quite 'cold blooded' and calculating about that Andrea Yates case ?

SETS her apart from those certified mentally incompetent and "unfit" to stand trial for murder ~ and who usually, in most cases, end up spending years in a secure mental ward as a result..      Suspect

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:32 pm

Well, the interesting thing is that Texas follows the McNaughton rule when it comes to insanity. The accused must not "know the nature and quality of the act he was doing or, if he did know it, that he did not know what he was doing was wrong."

Andrea Yeats suffered from post-partum depression, which she used as her mental illness. The problem is that she actually researched on-line other cases of mothers murdering their children, including Susan Smith, in order to position herself to get away with it. Now, if you don't know the nature of the act, or that it is wrong, how come you are measuring up a defense even before the event?

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:54 pm

It's easy to be. wise after the event
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:22 am

nicko wrote:It's easy to be. wise after the event

But this was before the event.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:47 am

No it wasn't, people gave there opinions AFTER the murders happened.That is being wise AFTER the event.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:49 pm

nicko wrote:No it wasn't, people gave there opinions AFTER the murders happened.That is being wise AFTER the event.

On the day the Yeats children were murdered by drowning in the bathtub, the police confiscated Andrea Yeats' computer, which would contain a record of the dates of all searches that Andrea had looked into before the children were murdered.  The authorities found in her searches a preoccupation with mothers who had murdered their children, particularly Susan Smith in South Carolina.  Those searches are facts that occurred before the murder.

It seems we are talking about two different things.  My point is...how could they conclude she didn't know the nature of her act (murder), which is the requirement of the McNaughton Rule, when she had enough sense to study it beforehand?  The facts contradict the application of the rule.

I make no comment on what occurred, or opinions someone had after the murders--except of course in the legal proceedings.  My comment is about that contradiction.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:42 pm

I can't help,thinking about the very last thing those children saw before dying.
The face of their beloved mother punching a knife into them.

This has really really upset me.

Somebthing about stabbing is very violent and viscous.
I don't care if she was mentally ill I hope she gets her head kicked in.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:57 pm

eddie wrote:I can't help,thinking about the very last thing those children saw before dying.
The face of their beloved mother punching a knife into them.

This has really really upset me.

Somebthing about stabbing is very violent and viscous.
I don't care if she was mentally ill I hope she gets her head kicked in.

scratch     WHY even attempt to visualise such things, knowing that you can never then consider fairly the rest of the story with any level or clear thinking ???   Especially when your imaginings have absolutely nothing to do with what really happened --> you (and nobody else..) haven't got the full details yet, so you must be MAKING UP the bulk of what you're thinking !  

AND why DO you want a complete stranger killed before she has even been found guilty of any crimes ?

P.S. THE word you are looking for is vicious, eddie, not viscous !
VISCOSITY is the way that we describe the "stickiness", density and 'flowability' of liquids..
OxfordDictionaries wrote:VISCOSITY
[ vɪˈskɒsɪti ]
NOUN

the state of being thick, sticky, and semi-fluid in consistency, due to internal friction.
   "cooling the fluid raises its viscosity"
   synonyms: thickness · density · firmness · solidity · viscosity · cohesion ·

VISCOUS
ADJECTIVE
   having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity:
   "viscous lava"
   synonyms: sticky · gummy · glue-like · gluey · adhesive · tacky · adhering ·
QUITE a different meaning entirely   Exclamation

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:06 pm

There is an example why I have ago at this big headed braggart,he has to pick eddie up over a small typo and procede to explain to her where she's gone wrong. the man [and I use the word loosely ] is a total wanker. BY the way wolfie did you spot my typo?
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down