Aussies fear the deadly drop bear

Go down

Aussies fear the deadly drop bear

Post by Original Quill on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:06 pm

We were talking about the dangers of OZ. Take a look at the deadly drop bear.....

http://drhoz.livejournal.com/1048803.html wrote:The Drop Bear, our most beloved arboreal ambush predator, is a perennial favourite. Sad to say, the Internet has made most of our tourists highly skeptical that it actually exists, and it’s become difficult to convince tourists that the only way to scare them off is to smear Vegemite behind their ears (they don’t like the smell).

Of course, sometimes you get lucky, as a mutual acquaintances was when he was camping with one such skeptic. The visitor went outside to relieve himself, and by a prefect coincidence the high winds dislodged a large male koala from the tree he was using. It, snarling in fury (and an angry koala is an alarming beast), promptly headed back up the tree.

The tourist staggered back into the tent - still unzipped - and stammered “It just missed me… and then it went back up for another go.”

Plus, of course, koalas are dangerous in their own right. Chlamydia is rampant, and one of the strains they carry can jump species. And of course, their claws are sharp and powerful, and their jaws, like many marsupials, ridiculously overpowered compared to the equivalent placental.

Then of course, the 'hoop snake':

But then, Aussies were never any good at straight lines......

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aussies fear the deadly drop bear

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:30 pm

I have a hard time convincing non-Texans of the dangers of both the jackalope:

And the chupacabra:

Or even of how we routinely have to patrol around our cattle, mounted upon our domesticated jackalopes, to protect them from the chupacabra menace:

Cody Jinks
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:13 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/this-adelaide-womans-bloodied-limb-was-caused-by-a-vicious-w

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:01 pm

Smile      

AUSTRALIA'S first line of defence is it's remoteness from much of the world...

INVADE us from the north and there's lots of sharks, mangrove swamps, giant crocodiles, big grasslands, some pretty mean snakes..

GET past them, and there's the little fact that 76% of Oz is arid and semi-arid country, i.e. deserts..

AND then you might encounter our 2nd line of defence : the world's most poisonous spiders, octopus, jellyfish, shellfish, stonefish, rock cods - and even more snakes..

THEN there's all those Bogans, rednecks, used car salesmen, footy fans, real estate agents, and LNP voters that one needs to work your way around..

AND finally our feared "3rd line" of natural defence forces await those who manage to get this far : the infamous drop bears, killer wombats, boxing kangaroos, vampire possums, perpetually pissed koalas, hungry goannas - and even more bloody spiders, snakes and sharks hiding in the shadows.      Cool

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:47 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:THEN there's all those Bogans, rednecks, used car salesmen, footy fans, real estate agents, and LNP voters that one needs to work your way around..

I knew it!

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down