Most advanced terrestrial telescope -- 10 times more powerful than Hubble

Go down

Most advanced terrestrial telescope -- 10 times more powerful than Hubble Empty Most advanced terrestrial telescope -- 10 times more powerful than Hubble

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:42 pm

The awesomeness continues -- the Giant Magellan Telescope, going up in Chile, will provide 10 times the resolution of Hubble despite being earth-bound. It will be as tall as a 22-story building and will be able to collect light from just 100,000 years after the Big Bang. That means beginning in 2022, it will be able to peer about 13.7 billion years into the past of this wonderful place we call our universe.

Hank Green has more:

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Most advanced terrestrial telescope -- 10 times more powerful than Hubble Empty This guy is brilliant

Post by captain on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Very quickly helping you to absorb a lot of good information. Maybe there is a fantastic teaching method inside of him. cheers 
captain
captain

Back to top Go down

Most advanced terrestrial telescope -- 10 times more powerful than Hubble Empty Re: Most advanced terrestrial telescope -- 10 times more powerful than Hubble

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:35 am

I like to think so. What I like even more is that this guy's videos are watched by millions of people, mostly young. Man, I'd have killed for regular science videos when I was young, particularly ones considered socially acceptable to watch Smile I think I was born about 20 years too early ...

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Most advanced terrestrial telescope -- 10 times more powerful than Hubble Empty Re: Most advanced terrestrial telescope -- 10 times more powerful than Hubble

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:07 am

Well Ben
You made we think, I'd like the thank Mr Thomas and Mr Simmons. 2 Awesome Science teachers I had in School who taugh kids "Science is Cool, don't beleive me then watch this blow up bom  "

they may not have been responsible but they got us interested in Science

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:03 pm

I remember a co-worker I once had who was a religious fanatic. We were talking about the magazines Popular Mechanics and Popular Science. I said I read them on a regular basis. My co-worker said he read Popular Mechanics but would not read that Popular Science propaganda. Evidently science is a sin.

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Most advanced terrestrial telescope -- 10 times more powerful than Hubble Empty .......................

Post by Caution on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Still hoping for this... http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=63174

Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum