Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Go down

Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Climate change is already increasing the intensity and severity of bushfires in New South Wales and extending bushfire season by months, a report by the Climate Council has warned.

The economic cost of fires such as those that devastated the state’s Blue Mountains one year ago will triple by mid-century and the number of professional firefighters will need to double, the commission said, urging that carbon emissions be cut “rapidly and deeply” in order to reduce the risk of conditions becoming even hotter and drier.

It noted that 2013 was Australia’s hottest year on record and last summer was the driest Sydney had experienced in nearly three decades. “These conditions are driving up the likelihood of very high fire danger weather in the state,” the report said.

More than 50 local councils in the state announced the beginning of bushfire season before its official start in October, some as early as August, a month in which about 90 bushfires burned simultaneously and several properties were lost.

The CEO of the Climate Council, Amanda McKenzie, said that recent years had seen the introduction of a new category of fire warning. “We saw in Black Saturday [in Victoria in 2009] a new fire weather warning, of ‘catastrophic conditions’, and we’ve seen that spread to South Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales. These are new types of fires,” she said.

She said the longer fire seasons meant that crucial hazard-reduction measures sometimes couldn’t be carried out. “There’s a narrowing of time in which there’s safe conditions to conduct hazard reduction, such as backburning and fuel clearing,” she said.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/oct/21/bushfire-season-will-be-more-severe-as-a-result-of-climate-change.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24856
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:45 pm

too many people voted Abbott.... Sad Sad Sad Sad
(climate denier and all round moron, evil corrupt demon summoned by Dark lord Rupert)

we deserve to be purified with fire Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18743
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:01 pm

We get fires in Texas increasingly as the state becomes more dry as well (we just call them wildfires, which is interesting considering they're usually started by cigarette butts), but these look like they're far more devastating. Along with that we have record low river and lake levels, leading to the red water you've probably seen photos of ...

What I still see are a lot of people thinking it's going to go away eventually, or that a rainy week has fixed the drought (now having lasted over a decade). It's not, it's only going to get worse, and we're well past the point of heading off the effects of climate change at this point. I really think now all we can do is try to avert total disaster like a mass-extinction event.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24856
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:47 am

Evil or Very Mad

I WROTE a nice lot of comments on bushfires earlier on.
Unfortunately, they disappeared into the ether when I tried to post them..

I CAN'T be expected to redo exactly what I've lost, now..

My local ISP can get fucked.
The Internet can get fucked.
Forumation can get fucked.


AND, our evil PM Stoner Rabbit can go fuck Hockey & Cormann..      Twisted Evil

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-08
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:34 am

A few facts........

The climate is changing

how much of it is "man driven" and how much is "nature driven" (given we are still comming out of the last ice age) is not yet fully ascertained

that man IS having some (not fully determined) effect is beyond doubt

Nothing can be done, unless we go to war against the far east (and a lot of russia, and south america too)

taxing US to feckin death...just to get to work or whatever, read a book, buy food
ISNT going to change that.....

those "carbon taxes" are NOT being used to fight warming.....
for instance ...where were those taxes when the south of england flooded....they should have been used to upgrade and update our flood defenses....

they are, Presumably, ending up in the pockets of the 1% and their lackys.

tghere ARE alternatives in the main...but govt wont spend on "sensible" ones
they would rather spend billions on rotating bird mashers than building nuclear power stations (ok, still not "ideal", but better than sinking 'neath the tides)
why? because the corrupt b'stards want to line the pockets of the "captains of industry" (aka "the 1%") rather than solve the problem.....
Oh........and they are shit scared of the oil industry.....


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:38 am

working atm on a solar power supply for about 60-75% of our needs....
Stupid laws here require that it can only ever be "experimental" pffffft...without I pay my tithe to the local authority to have it "passed" BUUUULLLLLLLLLshhhhhhiiiiiitttttttttt...It will just have to be "permanently "experimental wont it....

(the charges that would be levied would make it as uneconiomical as "buying a ready made system" from bodgit and scarper, who of course just happen to belong to the various "bodies" (stake holders) that have an input into such legislation......

ass holes......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:46 am

Funny how people bring up bird deaths when we're talking about wind energy, but never mention the stuff that kills far more birds than turbines:


_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24856
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:49 am

yeah yeah yeah

not to mention the fact that they only work about 20% of the time, and mysteriously NEVER produce the return they are quoted as being able to

bird deaths are the most visible problem (aside from visual intrusion)
they are inefficient, never return their carbon footprint (if you include everything ...like maintennace etc)
are those american figures btw....?

they are a profit pump for the fat cats...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:58 am

funny old world innit....

dozy L/W ers

Bee
Ben
and many more...would happily give ALL their livelyhood to the "climate change practicioners" in exchange for something that is openly and obvioulsy going to fail before its even born, which is ONLY there to put money into the hands of the already stupidly rich

and they dont see it....

presumably because "climate change" is such a good "progressives meal" It has every thing the "activist progressive" wants in a cause...what could be greater than "saving the planet"...even when you are not....

YOU are being LIED TO...

climate change IS happenng

BUT

If its as bad as they say...then even if we ALL world wide stopped EVERYTHING with a carbon foot print (stop living) TODAY......
Its STILL going to get hot....and depending on where you are wet...

therin is the lie....

that taxing you to death will stop this....that putting evermore billions into the hands of the 1% will somehow "make it better"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:08 am

Oh man another typical Victor reply, its not my problem, its going to get hot so lets not help future people prevent this happen quicker, but think about "only me"







Arguing because of current wrongs to commit an even greater wrong is completely illogical, you are saying some people do not give a fuck, so you will not give a fuck, never thus solving any problem, you look to change not only the tax issue but the world you live in for the future of others, because your argument and principle on tax would be the same, helping others.
You do not argue to be against helping others off a negative view of others, you actually then justify their reason to not give a fuck who represent the 1% of tax.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:22 am

do you know who the 1% that I was referring to are....

the top 1%who own 90% of the global wealth........do YOU think THEY give a toss???

nah...and I bet THEY wriggle out of paying any "carbon taxes" too

oh and didge.....

NOTHING we do now will "stop" the warming.....(at least not before it reaches "dangerous " levels )

what we SOULD be doing is putting in place measures to cope with its results....

but despite us (collectively) having paid millions in various carbon taxes.....I STILL dont see any of the necessary infrastructure changes that will be neded....nothing...zilch.....

just poor money making schemes that do NOTHING to solve or circumvent the oncomming express train....

and all the wile...the rich get richer.....and we are paying it to them ...some of you blindly and willingly....
and all the while those most in danger get nothing .........

THATS THE PROBLEM....

Its not about doing nothing....

Its about doing what SHOULD be done, instead of lineing the pockets of those you presumably, from your post, kneel down to......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:24 am

Where are you getting your "facts" about wind power, Vic? I'm highly doubtful of their validity.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24856
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:30 am

Seriously that is the most defeatist argument I have yet heard to date, where it is good things others never took your attitude, "Apartheid will never end", "We will never be free as slaves" "there is no point in fighting Hitler as we will lose"

You see your defeatist argument Victor is actually an argument of total appeasement. If they do not give a fuck, why should I, thus bowing to the will of the present situation. This makes you an appeaser mate. Many before you have not felt the same and sought to make changes, of which they did. If everyone thought like you, we would actually be living the vast majority of us in complete poverty, women would have no rights, as would homosexuals, blacks would still be slaves, only the elite would be educated, etc etc all based around your appeasement, one of not giving a fuck, so there is no point in doing anything.

You may want to rethink your views on that mate.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:32 am

OK BEN....

put your brain in gear

cost of.....

making the generator (includes the carbon footprint of mining ALL the ores, processing etc then making the actual item

same for the pylon

and the concrete its bedded in


carbon cost of transporting all the bits to one place to assemble

cost of assembly and transport to site

cost of installing..

cost of repeated maintennance over the (limited) lifespan which includes fuel for the maintennace vehicle a proportion of the production cost of the vehicle

cost of the engineer


wind is notoriously unreliable...even in britains "windy-er" places....at best 25% and often more like 10%.(though that might change due to......global warming Rolling Eyes )

they have to be shut down OVER a certain wind speed and dont produce UNDER a certain speed either

they are NOT the answer..in fact thay are possibly the worst response....
but hey ...its profitable......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:34 am

No I think Ben asked for evidence, not speculation Victor.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:35 am

Brasidas wrote:Seriously that is the most defeatist argument I have yet heard to date, where it is good things others never took your attitude, "Apartheid will never end", "We will never be free as slaves" "there is no point in fighting Hitler as we will lose"

You see your defeatist argument Victor is actually an argument of total appeasement. If they do not give a fuck, why should I, thus bowing to the will of the present situation. This makes you an appeaser mate. Many before you have not felt the same and sought to make changes, of which they did. If everyone thought like you, we would actually be living the vast majority of us in complete poverty, women would have no rights, as would homosexuals, blacks would still be slaves, only the elite would be educated, etc etc all based around your appeasement, one of not giving a fuck, so there is no point in doing anything.

You may want to rethink your views on that mate.

and you want to learn to read whats writ....rather than what you think is writ.......

what part of

"NOTHING we do now will "stop" the warming.....(at least not before it reaches "dangerous " levels )

what we SOULD be doing is putting in place measures to cope with its results....

but despite us (collectively) having paid millions in various carbon taxes.....I STILL dont see any of the necessary infrastructure changes that will be neded....nothing...zilch.....

just poor money making schemes that do NOTHING to solve or circumvent the oncomming express train....

and all the wile...the rich get richer.....and we are paying it to them ...some of you blindly and willingly....
and all the while those most in danger get nothing .........

THATS THE PROBLEM....

Its not about doing nothing....

Its about doing what SHOULD be done, instead of lineing the pockets of those you presumably, from your post, kneel down to......"

are you having trouble comprehending?????????????????

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:36 am

Brasidas wrote:No I think Ben asked for evidence, not speculation Victor.

its not speculation

why should I do his research for him...he's as capable of finding those things out as I am

I have given him the bones of what to investigate....he's supposed to be a journalist......he's got better sources than me......



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:40 am

Speculation, without hard data, is nothing more than speculation.
The onus is on you to back your claim, otherwise as seen it is nothing more than hearsay based off assumptions.
Hes knowledge already is on what it does very well, of which it does, you offer nothing but your own belief of costs, not what these actual costs are, hence you failed to provide any facts, of which he asked.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:44 am

and who's askin you ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:46 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Brasidas wrote:Seriously that is the most defeatist argument I have yet heard to date, where it is good things others never took your attitude, "Apartheid will never end", "We will never be free as slaves" "there is no point in fighting Hitler as we will lose"

You see your defeatist argument Victor is actually an argument of total appeasement. If they do not give a fuck, why should I, thus bowing to the will of the present situation. This makes you an appeaser mate. Many before you have not felt the same and sought to make changes, of which they did. If everyone thought like you, we would actually be living the vast majority of us in complete poverty, women would have no rights, as would homosexuals, blacks would still be slaves, only the elite would be educated, etc etc all based around your appeasement, one of not giving a fuck, so there is no point in doing anything.

You may want to rethink your views on that mate.

and you want to learn to read whats writ....rather than what you think is writ.......

what part of

"NOTHING we do now will "stop" the warming.....(at least not before it reaches "dangerous " levels )

what we SOULD be doing is putting in place measures to cope with its results....

but despite us (collectively) having paid millions in various carbon taxes.....I STILL dont see any of the necessary infrastructure changes that will be neded....nothing...zilch.....

just poor money making schemes that do NOTHING to solve or circumvent the oncomming express train....

and all the wile...the rich get richer.....and we are paying it to them ...some of you blindly and willingly....
and all the while those most in danger get nothing .........

THATS THE PROBLEM....

Its not about doing nothing....

Its about doing what SHOULD be done, instead of lineing the pockets of those you presumably, from your post, kneel down to......"

are you having trouble comprehending?????????????????



I did read and it was appeasement and defeatist, basing a view something will get worse so lets not give a fuck about it goes against every logical view point to stem something getting worse. You then state do not worry about Islamic extremism, it is going to get worse. This logic equates to defeatism and appeasement every time. You then even contradict yourself and argue over what should be done, based off you yourself doing nothing. How can you argue over what should be done, by not wanting something "to be done"?
You see your view point is illogical and if we can help prevent and decelerate the growing temperature of this planet, then we have tried to improve the future of descendants.
Again your argument is appeasement and defeatism by inaction.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:48 am

victorisnotamused wrote:and who's askin you ?


You did the minute you posted a reply to a forum that has others who wish to also engage in this debate, unless you do not like to be challenged of course Victor?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:55 am

Night all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:20 am

factor 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/windpower/9889882/Wind-farms-will-create-more-carbon-dioxide-say-scientists.html

factor 2

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmahon/2012/05/30/wind-power-may-not-reduce-carbon-emissions-argonne/


factor 3

http://theenergycollective.com/willem-post/64492/wind-energy-reduces-co2-emissions-few-percent


and we STILL aint onto the actual per unit carbon cost...

now THAT varies according to whom you read....BUT

ask yourself this.....where are the parts likely to be made....

thats right ...china


who's sitting in a self induced smog


thats right china


good luck getting them on board.....

just because it saves "some" emissions here doesnt mean it saves overall....

alos whats happens at the end of the lifespan..25 years they say....

recycling...yeah right....quick dump it overboard whilst no ones looking.....
(ooooh, I'm such a cynic)

wind farms are "playing with the problem"

we would have to cover the UK, literally, with the bloody things to make a significant impact

and then ...we need to provide enough electricity to charge all those electric cars (right now I'm almost wetting my self laughing)

what we NEED......is nuclear...and about 10 more plants at that.....

AND

we need solar on everyones home....I can generate about 8kWH on the roof space of my house and workshop

the govt will only allow about 4......

I cant, by law, store any significant amount of that (battery storage for the private individual is actually LIMITED by law....) pfffft

so at night I HAVE to draw from the grid.....

Bloody nightmare......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:31 am

Sorry have to answer this before I go.

Link one, no evidence, assumption based off the views of some scientists, the same as link two, two years old and now the third link is based on again assumption of the effect of percentages.

I think we need facts, not opinions Victor.



Appeasement and defeatism.

Night

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:34 am

so the views of some scientists are ok IF they support you but not if they dont.......

and you accuse me of having my head in the sand........

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:42 am

No they are okay based with evidence, not assumptions, read your own links, I did.

You have your head firmly dug in the sand, as every link you gave based their views off assumptions

Appeaser, ha ha, bet you hate that mate, but you know the logic of my points proves you are one.

Sorry bud.

Now I really have to go, night Victor

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:21 am

Okay wind farms sort of suck or at least have a few kinks that still need to worked out to improve efficiency.

No excuse down here we could easily cover all our energy needs on solar and hydro power alone... that we don't is basically 100% corruption, literally every study has said "well even if climate change doesn't exist Australia would be mad not to harness some of the vast amounts of solar energy that bakes it's interior."


Last edited by veya_victaous on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18743
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:42 am

victorisnotamused wrote:OK BEN....

put your brain in gear

cost of.....

making the generator (includes the carbon footprint of mining ALL the ores, processing etc then making the actual item

same for the pylon

and the concrete its bedded in


carbon cost of transporting all the bits to one place to assemble

cost of assembly and transport to site

cost of installing..

cost of repeated maintennance over the (limited) lifespan which includes fuel for the maintennace vehicle a proportion of the production cost of the vehicle

cost of the engineer


wind is notoriously unreliable...even in britains "windy-er" places....at best 25% and often more like 10%.(though that might change due to......global warming Rolling Eyes )

they have to be shut down OVER a certain wind speed and dont produce UNDER  a certain speed either

they are NOT the answer..in fact thay are possibly the worst response....
but hey ...its profitable......

Thanks, Vic -- I was not aware that coal-powered plants, nuclear generators, etc. were free and had no maintenance costs. That is amazing!

Nobody thinks wind power is going to be the only source of electricity, but it would be kind of stupid to leave enough energy to power over 15 million American homes (and growing) per year, which is what the U.S. is up to now, on the table.

The future of energy generation is likely going to come from many different sources -- like wind, solar, hydro, tidal, geothermal, nuclear and renewable methane.

I think people will take the steps to prepare for climate change when it comes down to survival, and that we'll probably stop using fossil fuels only when it costs more to get them than the renewables cost (tar sands, offshore deepwater drilling and fracking are all signs of desperation). I just think that's the dumbest approach we could possibly take.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24856
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:53 am

Just as an aside, this always cracks me up. Climate change "skeptics" claim to be such independent thinkers, who have actually puzzled through this cockamamie climate change crap and independently determined two points in particular:

1) It's all about taxes (taxes are brought up by every climate change denialist, ever, always)

2) Windmills are the Grim Reaper when it comes to birds (climate change deniers are apparently all great lovers of birds, at least now!)

Such independent thinkers and yet they all make the same claims about taxes and birds ... almost like they're really just parroting one another. Get it? They parrot one another? jocolor

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24856
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:37 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:..............................................

those "carbon taxes" are NOT being used to fight warming.....
for instance ...where were those taxes when the south of england flooded....they should have been used to upgrade and update our flood defenses....

they are, Presumably, ending up in the pockets of the 1% and their lackys.

..........................................
clown

MAYBE over in England David Cameron is handing over those "carbon taxes" to your "1 percenters", Vic'.

BUT if and when our guvment down 'ere reinstitutes some form of "Carbon Trading" levy, that moolah will be filtering down to the States, where our usual misappopriating bureaucrats will be wasting most of it on totally unnecessary rail lines and motorways in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane !   pale

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-08
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 pm

yeah, well thats the point that ben and the rest of the "happy tax payers" are missing


Its got NOTHING to do with appeasing (in fact.... would you didge like to expressly identify WHO I am appeasing????)

Its got EVERYTHING to do with the fact that even if we "should " be taxed (for what exactly???...existing...cool what a way to justify a rip off.....when you couple it with anti innovation and anti "self build" legislation) then those taxes should be used for PREPARING for what is (inevitably) on its way not stuffing the wallets of the idle rich (even more)

what part of "there isnt world concensus on the matter" dont you get

the EU is up there killing itself economically, taxing its citizens to death (literally in some cases) with this

meanwhile the USA shouts loud and walks quiet
China just ignores everyone...(as usual)
The Indian subcontinent wants EVEN MORE handouts (even though it can afford a space program)
we dont even KNOW what russia is actually DOING.....

jeepers......

never mind FIGHTING climate change (which if you blind morons actually read what was writ, I am NOT a skeptic of in any sense)
never mind pouring billions into the foul pockets of the already bloated rich....

GET fecking preparing for what those "gods" (aka climate scientists to most "normal people") are telling you is comming.

Britain.....we need better flood defences,
better surface water drainage
reinstate, repair and enforce the system of dykes and ditches that used to lace the WHOLE country side
and most of all
STOP BUILDING ON FLOODPLAINS, they are here for a reason...

STOP allowing crazy levels of immigration...to reduce the housing levels needed...in fact chuck some of em out....

see this is what makes me laugh....certain cretins on here think we can allow 100% of the contry to be built on
then wonder why cities and large towns end up neck deep in water

hint....IT DONT work......

its all rather interconnected

but in order to preserve their illusions of (something or othere...i'm not sure what)
the idiot lefties "compartmentalise" their problems ....

a sure sign of cognitive dissonance

where beliefs come into conflict and the duality of the problem cant be resolved without abandoning one or other....

but i digress.....

I can stomach the tax...just NOT where its ending up, whilst doing NO-ONE any favours along the way.
It SHOULD as I say be being used for preparing for "interesting times" ahead.....
and they (the govt) should remove ALL restrictive legislation vis "private alternative supplies"





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by nicko on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 am

Got to say vic I agree with every word. Some one will post "your talking bollocks"
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10459
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:28 am

Again your argument is the same as before, others do wrong so we should continue to do wrong thus appeasing.


Try agan, because a negative argument based off what others do is no argument at all, it is defeatism and appeasement.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:09 am

As far as taxes go on this issue, I'm more of a carrot guy than a stick guy -- tax breaks should be used to encourage industries to reduce their use of carbon-based fuels. In fact, make it so that companies that don't simply can't claim any of the many tax breaks they already claim.

Global consensus is going to take too long (i.e., it will never happen) to be something we can afford to wait for.

Really the magic-bullet solution would be finding a high-demand commercial application for CO2 (like fuel) that would make it economically viable to collect it from the atmosphere.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24856
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Lone Wolf on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:52 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
yeah, well thats the point that ben and the rest of the "happy tax payers" are missing


Its got NOTHING to do with appeasing (in fact.... would you didge like to expressly identify WHO I am appeasing????)

.......................................................

its all rather interconnected

but in order to preserve their illusions of (something or othere...i'm not sure what)
the idiot lefties "compartmentalise" their problems ....

a sure sign of cognitive dissonance

where beliefs come into conflict and the duality of the problem cant be resolved without abandoning one or other....

...............................................

lol!

IT AIN'T the "idiot lefties" over here in this part of the world, that are the main culprits guilty of such "cognitive dissonance" as you so blithely put it, Victor ~

BUT, the lobbyists, shareholders and "Yes, boss !" workers and management for the multinational mining/gas/oil "resource extraction" corporations and the power, development and transport industries ~ those responsible for the great bulk of both polluting industries, (along with backing most modern wars..] and the related government corruption across most of the planet ~

THAT ARE at the heart of those problems...


ABLY assisted by the moneyed media-manipulators such as the Koch brothers, Ruppert Murdoch and Gina Reinhart, who are responsible for financing much of the anti-climatology/pro-industry/anti-science propaganda flooding the Western world these days..

AND significant numbers of their workers and supporters ~ left wing, right wing, and left-right-out anarchists and dunces alike ~ all willing to party on in the present, ignorantly happy to leave the future to itself, with their selfish "come what may" attitudes !    jocolor

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-08
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:26 am

Brasidas wrote:Again your argument is the same as before, others do wrong so we should continue to do wrong thus appeasing.


Try agan, because a negative argument based off what others do is no argument at all, it is defeatism and appeasement.

YOU KNOW DIDGEE...AT TIMES YOU CAN BE AN ABSOLUTE TWAT....

where did I say "we should do nothing?"

and who is that appeasing ANYWAY.......


what I AM saying is that the carbon taxes are cripling us ...FOR NO result......
they are purely a rip of get rich quick scheme...that takes money directly of the working people and stuffs it straight into the pockets of the rich.......hell we may as well just turn our wages over to them...In fact the lefties actually mooted something similar a few years back.....

Those taxes should be being PUT TO WORK.....NOW.......... doing whats necessary for what IS comming...

even if, worldwide we slammed on the breaks of co2 production we are still in the deep and smelly stuff.....
As for no world wide concensus ben, well in that case why are there no extra taxes on goods from "sinner" states????

double standards at work again ......

We ARE going to get wetter (here in blighty) we NEED those flood works.....yet despite millions in carbon taxes ALREADY PAID.....theres no money in the pot....

where has it gone??? Hmmmmm didgeri doo....where has it all gone????

so of course the next will be we need flood relief taxes.....








Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:30 am

You are the one using arguments based on other wrongs, that does not then make your view right, as you have been trying to claim.
So you started off giving the beef on here and the tables have been turned onto you, that is how it works.
You then provide excuses about doing anything because you, who is not an expert thinks it is not worth it to slam on the breaks.
Again a defeatist view point.
Did you factor in that if we are able to slow it down this buys time for many different scenarios, especially in the scientific research field?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:38 am

Moreover.....and heres a very good question

we all know "carbon capture" works and is feasible

soooooo


IF climate change IS INDEED such an existential threat (rather than an overhyped (but still existant) "threat we can raise taxes with")


why are govt relying on private indusry to do it....

why isnt govt itself doing the business...I mean it keeps an army etc for defence
it pays for research into alsorts....

why doesnt it go ahead and start building carbon capture stations....like now....

surely, if its "uneconomic, but nationally necessary", then thats where govt is designed to step in???


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:39 am

Send them a letter and ask them why.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:50 am

Brasidas wrote:You are the one using arguments based on other wrongs, that does not then make your view right, as you have been trying to claim.
So you started off giving the beef on here and the tables have been turned onto you, that is how it works.

Bull shit...you just cant accept that YOU misunderstod and misconstrued what I am saying and as usual didnt read what was writ...


You then provide excuses about doing anything because you, who is not an expert thinks it is not worth it to slam on the breaks.

more bullshit that shows didge gets 0/10 for comprehension...as usual.....

what I actually said was

"even if, worldwide we slammed on the breaks of co2 production we are still in the deep and smelly stuff....."


now didgereidoo..a lesson in english.....you know ate langua franca of this board...which you seem to have trouble with

the sentence immediately preceeding the one itallicised in red above
was

"Those taxes should be being PUT TO WORK.....NOW.......... doing whats necessary for what IS comming...


so, would you like to explain to everyone on here now just how you come to the (erroneous, not to mention risible) conclusion that I consider doing nothing an option?????

unless of copurse you are DELIBERATELY miscontruing my posts i order to cause "a hoo hah" .....which would make you a )and not a very good one at that....





Again a defeatist view point.
Did you factor in that if we are able to slow it down this buys time for many different scenarios, especially in the scientific research field?

Clearly, your last point is valid however is there any evidence of this happening. I dont think there is, as fast as the west (that would be europe almost soley) cuts ITS co2 production

everywhere else increases it..with china and the indian subcontinent the worst offenders.....


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:51 am

Brasidas wrote:Send them a letter and ask them why.

what and get more bull shit???? I get sufficient of that on here from you old pal.......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:55 am

I read very well what you wrote and am having fun watching you get all worked up over nothing, take a chill pill, but still using a defeatist argument yet again and what is worse is each time you fail to see so, where a negative argument based off another negative view point is utterly redundant. You then dismiss if there is any research out of hand based on an opinion.

Hey ho.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:08 am

yes didge...hey ho...you just cant accept your limitations as per comprehension can you...even when its explained to you....perish the thought that YOU might be wrong......
but since you have got your stupid head on again its not worth the bother,,,

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:10 am

Limitations?
I am not the one on the back foot, hence your change of angle to now deflect Victor.
I am wrong on things at times, though fail to see how my view here is wrong, when the future of all species is important.
Same old boring insults, when will you learn.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Climate change will lead to more severe bushfire seasons in NSW

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum