Liberal-National alliance extending lead over Labor; Abbott primed to be next P.M. of Australia

Go down

Liberal-National alliance extending lead over Labor; Abbott primed to be next P.M. of Australia

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:10 am

Tony Abbott is on track to become the nation's 29th prime minister as support for Labor crumbles and the Opposition Leader draws almost level with Kevin Rudd as preferred prime minister.

With only a fortnight to go in the five-week election campaign, the latest Fairfax-Nielsen poll shows Mr Abbott's Liberal-Nationals Coalition extending its lead over Labor, to be 53-47 on a two-party-preferred basis.

It was 52-48 in the same survey in early August, shortly after the election was called.

While both leaders have lost some skin in the campaign, Mr Abbott has retained a 7-point lead as the more trusted leader, with a rating of 43 per cent to Mr Rudd on a career low of 36 per cent.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/abbott-set-for-triumph-as-rudds-seat-at-risk-20130823-2sha7.html#ixzz2cqcYa2sT

Brace yourselves, friends Down Under:

"Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia." - Tony Abbott

"The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience." - Tony Abbott

"The argument [behind climate change] is absolute crap. However, the politics of this are tough for us. Eighty per cent of people believe climate change is a real and present danger." - Tony Abbott

"While I think men and women are equal, they are also different and I think it's inevitable and I don't think it's a bad thing at all that we always have, say, more women doing things like physiotherapy and an enormous number of women simply doing housework." - Tony Abbott

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were Tony Abbott. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain (paraphrased)

At the same time, I don't see how Rudd is that much better ...

“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Liberal-National alliance extending lead over Labor; Abbott primed to be next P.M. of Australia

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:45 pm

yes Unfortuantly we have an election between a douche and a turd sandwich.

thankfully we have a preferencal system so maybe some minor partys will get a look in.
Unfortuantly most Aussies are too dumb/lazy/appathetic to actually use the system.

My main hope is that Neither party gets over 50% on its own, in which case they will have to make a deal with one of the minor parties
and there are a few decent ones, I'm between Greens (my normal choice) and 'senate online' which is a new live democracy party who's main policy is making the senate an interactive online forum where citizen actually get to vote on policy not just for a represantative.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Liberal-National alliance extending lead over Labor; Abbott primed to be next P.M. of Australia

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:40 pm

I thought the minor-party influence was covered by the fact that they're running as a coalition. Then again, I could put everything I know about Aussie politics in one hand and shit in the other, and we all know which would fill up faster ...

So what's your take on Abbott? Is he as bad as he sounds? I read that he once helped take on One Nation, which is a mark in the "pros" column as far as I can tell. But it also sounds like a lot of ON's crap is starting to leach into the mainstream of your politics, a la the Tea Party influence on our Republicans.

“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
>THE Ben Reilly<

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 am

'the Coalition' is really one party, Nationals and Liberals made the coalition before I was born so my whole life they have been like one party, a think a few old country people may think they are different but they have basically keep the same party line for at least 20 years.

Abbott is the WORST. Pauline Hanson the founder of One Nation is just dumb sort of like Sarah Palin, Abbott on the other hand is not dumb and uses bigotry and racism as political footballs in order to score points with sections of the community. Abbott and the Liberals method of beating One Nation was to raise their own level bigorty to the middle ground between genetically damaged Racists that don't know any better(proper rednecks) and the disgruntled but still generally PC middle-classes. One Nation never really existed in the sense that it got wiped off the map in the first election in contested, so never got a chance to actually influence policy. The liberals jumped and took on One Nation *light policies because the polls before the election showed they were going to lose some of their voters. these *light policies were generally more acceptable to the community.

He is a liar and you can tell he just want to get power to do his corporate mates favours (and then get the kick backs) he truely tries to lower the level of Aussie politics, he wants it to be like the USA where Politicans pay attention to the Bible. He stands for everything I hate, we would defund our public schools and hospitals to allow a bigger private sector which leads to the Mess the USA is in.

He generally agrees with the economic ideals of groups like the tea party.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:14 am

Thanks, man, I just had one of these moments :D

Charles Darwin
>THE Ben Reilly<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down