Looks like Didge has flounced again...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looks like Didge has flounced again...

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has deleted account and now showing up as 'Guest'.
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like Didge has flounced again...

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Brasidas wrote:What that shows is people want immigration to be controlled and not stopped, which seems to be your position where you are claiming people are in agreement with you, that is clearly not the case. Also if we took the view the majority do want to control immigration it is still selfish and based not off a view that is right. If you take the view of a nation having a majority view, it shows a majority have a wrong view, all based around a notion that being born to a land gives them rights to deny others, it never has, it is an illusion.

Seventy seven percent of people wanted to see a reduction in immigration, the survey on Britain's social attitudes showed, matching the previous high in the 30-year data series from 2008.
The survey also showed a hardening of sentiment against immigration, with 56 percent, the highest proportion in the history of the survey, wanting a big fall in the number of people coming to Britain rather than just a small reduction.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/01/07/uk-britain-immigration-survey-idUKBREA0600F20140107

This is OUR country dodge and we have every right to control and limit immigration, just like every other country has the same right.
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Brasidas wrote:What that shows is people want immigration to be controlled and not stopped, which seems to be your position where you are claiming people are in agreement with you, that is clearly not the case. Also if we took the view the majority do want to control immigration it is still selfish and based not off a view that is right. If you take the view of a nation having a majority view, it shows a majority have a wrong view, all based around a notion that being born to a land gives them rights to deny others, it never has, it is an illusion.

Seventy seven percent of people wanted to see a reduction in immigration, the survey on Britain's social attitudes showed, matching the previous high in the 30-year data series from 2008.
The survey also showed a hardening of sentiment against immigration, with 56 percent, the highest proportion in the history of the survey, wanting a big fall in the number of people coming to Britain rather than just a small reduction.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/01/07/uk-britain-immigration-survey-idUKBREA0600F20140107

This is OUR country dodge and we have every right to control and limit immigration, just like every other country has the same right.

Our country belongs to nobody, it belongs to all walks of life, boundaries are and have been made by people, where no boundaries should exist.
Posting views that are selfish does not further your point, it proves mine, that people have not evolved from selfishness. Some have, others are far way backwards, very much behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Fuck off!

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Fuck off!

That is he best example you will ever witness of ignorance posted above.
That logic has no reason, only hate, and why it has always failed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Your previous post is an example of pure delusional waffle.

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Your previous post is an example of pure delusional waffle.

Oh my, more evidence to prove someone has lost the debate, by further proving my point they sidetrack with no sensible counter but insults.
Happy days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Well when you say stupid things like....

"Our country belongs to nobody..."

Then it is clear you have lost touch with reality and there is little point entertaining your madness further.

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Well when you say stupid things like....

"Our country belongs to nobody..."

Then it is clear you have lost touch with reality and there is little point entertaining your madness further.

Reality you say, ha ha.
You think being born here is a deciding factor to decide the fate of other humans, based off no logic, but birth right. This same birth right which would not be as advantaged today without taking from those that was not theirs. You think being on one piece of land by birth allows you to discriminate against others, where nothing you did made the country advanced?
It seems birth right is all you have, which when expanded, shows you have the same rights as any human.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:25 pm

People have their own countries to live in.

If they want them to be like here then all they got to do is build them up and behave like us.

There's a whole world out there dodge, we are just a tiny piece of it.

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:28 pm

Wrong, we and other western nations held them back, we have a duty to fix that, because your well being is born from that abuse committed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Bullshit.

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Brasidas wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Fuck off!

That is he best example you will ever witness of ignorance posted above.
That logic has no reason, only hate, and why it has always failed.

Haha...much as we lov 'em, Tommy has a two expression vocabulary:

"Waffle"--which is his characterization of anything said in opposition to his point; and

"Fuck off" --which is his term of extreme endearment.

Congratulations Brasidas...consider yourself blessed with his highest compliment. cheers

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:11 pm

BRITAIN is MY country, i risked my life for it several times, it does not belong to any one not born in BRITAIN.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:24 pm

nicko wrote:BRITAIN is MY country, i risked my life for it several times, it does not belong to any one not born in BRITAIN.

so guess that includes me Nicko even though I'm 1/8th English, lived there and paid into the tax system for 25 years, completed my education there, married a Brit who served 25 years in HMAF, gave birth to 2 British children but yet don't have citizenship because I couldn't be bothered to fill out the paperwork or fork over 1000 pounds (but have right to remain indefinetly). the only thing citizenship would have given me us the right to vote. But does it bother you that I will still be able to claim a state pension?

ok then

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:42 pm

CASS, now i'v had time to think about it, i realise it was a bit of a sweeping statement. I'd just read didges post were he said nobody owns any land and any one can take it over. It pissed me off being as i fought for what i believed was "my" land. Sorry if i ofended you.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:47 pm

nicko wrote:CASS, now i'v had time to think about it, i realise it was a bit of a sweeping statement. I'd just read didges post were he said nobody owns any land and any one can take it over. It pissed me off being as i fought for what i believed was "my" land. Sorry if i ofended you.

no you didn't offend me but thanks for the apology. emotions get the best of all of us sometimes.

ok off to do the weekly shop or punishment if you prefer but later going to a concert with Elgar's Pomp & Circumstance and Rachmaninoff's piano concerto no 2. During Elgar I will sing extra loud for you Nicko lol xx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Pomp and Circumstance gets top marks from me!
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Cass wrote:
nicko wrote:
BRITAIN is MY country,  i risked my life for it several times,    it does not belong to any one not born in BRITAIN.

so guess that includes me Nicko even though I'm 1/8th English, lived there and paid into the tax system for 25 years, completed my education there, married a Brit who served 25 years in HMAF,  gave birth to 2 British children but yet don't have citizenship because I couldn't be bothered to fill out the paperwork or fork over 1000 pounds (but have right to remain indefinetly). the only thing citizenship would have given me us the right to vote. But does it bother you that I will still be able to claim a state pension?

ok then

Razz

nicko just has to once again prove what a delusional lying little fascist twat he is....

HE claims to be in his mid 70's, doesn't he ? THAT would have made him about 4 years old at the end of WWII !
OR is it mid 80's ? Even THAT only makes him 14 at the end of WWII; (3 yrs older than my late father, if that's the case..).

AS WWII was the last war that Britain had to defend itself against foreign invasion, nicko's regular claims to having fought in TWO wars means that he must have actually served abroad fighting for Britain in other people's countries - and other people's wars ?

SO, SOMEONE explain for the rest of us exactly how that gives nicko the right to claim that he fought for Britain's freedom ? HOW did he earn the right to declare who can call Britain home ?

Nicko's claim to fame falls over at the first hurdle.. pirat

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Just to put you right,you ignorant aussie, i joined the Australian Army when i was 19, posted to Viet nam and served two tours. Came back to England a few years later and joined the British Army as a PARA, was posted to Ireland and joined the fight against the IRA. did two tours there as well, and was wounded by an ira bullet! What did you do in the war, fcuk all you were still in nappies. now piss off you big headed know all. I have to add some of the best soldiers i fought with were Aussies, nothing like you il'l bet.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:56 pm

Eli Young
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:38 pm

Nicko doesn't waffle about his military service.

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:57 pm

nicko wrote:CASS,  now i'v had time to think about it, i realise it was a bit of a sweeping statement.  I'd just read didges post were he said nobody owns any land and any one can take it over.  It pissed me off being as i fought for what i believed was "my" land.   Sorry if i ofended you.

Why should it piss you off, my grand parents, both of whom were not British and never lived in Britain fought for Britain and its citizens, yet they did not own any part of that nation, are you saying that now is a quantive measure to allow people to state they own land?
Sorry it is an emotive argument which has no validity, where millions fought for this country, even though its fellow citizens were suppressed. You are actually offending my family and all those who fought, because they had no claim to this land, based around that poor belief you have that thinks you own a land, based off birth right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:05 pm

They had their own countries and their own land obviously.

Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:They had their own countries and their own land obviously.

And yet fought to defend Britain, so both his logic would entitle then to land here in Britain.
That is the emotive measure point he is using. Looks like he has just made an argument, for countless family members of such people who have served to claim compensations to land
His argument was poor it played to emotions neglecting the fact many foreigners have fought for Britain, for nothing much in return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Brasidas wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:They had their own countries and their own land obviously.

And yet fought to defend Britain, so both his logic would entitle then to land here in Britain.
That is the emotive measure point he is using. Looks like he has just made an argument, for countless family members of such people who have served to claim compensations to land
His argument was poor it played to emotions neglecting the fact many foreigners have fought for Britain, for nothing much in return.

Not only that, but Wolf's point is quite valid, despite the verbiage. Orwellian doublespeak aside, we are not defending our country when we are out muckin' around in other people's countries. Vietnam was not defending a country...it was invading a country.

I think we need to return to common sense about this. Britain is Scotland to Kent, to Wales and N. Ireland. The US is from Maine to Hawai'i to Alaska. We are not defending anything when we are in Vietnam and Iraq. I don't hold the grunts who fought there responsible, but I think we should at least be honest about it today.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

Not only that, but Wolf's point is quite valid, despite the verbiage.  Orwellian doublespeak aside, we are not defending our country when we are out muckin' around in other people's countries.  Vietnam was not defending a country...it was invading a country.

I think we need to return to common sense about this.  Britain is Scotland to Kent, to Wales and N. Ireland.  The US is from Maine to Hawai'i to Alaska.  We are not defending anything when we are in Vietnam and Iraq.  I don't hold the grunts who fought there responsible, but I think we should at least be honest about it today.

Agreed to a certain extent, a more fitting view point would be fighting for freedoms in Iraq, but not Vietnam.
Human rights would be a more fitting objective view point to fight for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:51 pm

We were raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing in Iraq. I can't think of a worse example of American ignominy.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:We were raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing in Iraq.  I can't think of a worse example of American ignominy.

That is a poor exaggerated stereotype, some American or allied soldiers were, but there was no policy to raping, kidnapping. Killing is part of war, torture is wrong, but that was the Yanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Brasidas wrote:
Original Quill wrote:We were raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing in Iraq.  I can't think of a worse example of American ignominy.

That is a poor exaggerated stereotype, some American or allied soldiers were, but there was no policy to raping, kidnapping. Killing is part of war, torture is wrong, but that was the Yanks.

I know. But it was a Yank show all along. The rest of you just got swept up because Blair couldn't help but kiss GWB's arse...for which I am no-end pissed at Labour.

It's endemic, I feel...if you don't belong there (and deep down you know it), you start misbehaving. It happened in My Lai and it happened in Mahmudiyah. No coincidence...a soldier knows when his purpose is no good.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

I know.  But it was a Yank show all along.  The rest of you just got swept up because Blair couldn't help but kiss GWB's arse...for which I am no-end pissed at Labour.

It's endemic, I feel...if you don't belong there (and deep down you know it), you start misbehaving.  It happened in My Lai and it happened in Mahmudiyah.  No coincidence...a soldier knows when his purpose is no good.

We did not  belong in France or Belgium or Italy, yet we were and obtained for them their freedom, are you claiming we should not have and that we should have left them tot he Nazi's?
Using examples of rare atrocities in the US army is not endemic, where it also fails to even understand the emotive difficulties of war. The fact is the matter is many American soldiers have led exemplary careers whilst serving in other nations, to insult them based off some bad apples is again disingenuous to say the least

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Ben, are you accusing me of waffling?
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:People have their own countries to live in.

If they want them to be like here then all they got to do is build them up and behave like us.

There's a whole world out there dodge, we are just a tiny piece of it.

So they should do like the UK and invade and take the wealth of another nation???? confused confused confused confused

And you whine about them getting an benefits from the NHS, they should be clearing out Buckingham palace and all those Museums in London that are filled with THEIR artefacts you STOLE!!!!!
You didn't build it up jack shit, you fucking stole the wealth of other nations literally for most of the empire the UK itself was a economic drain, only being able to exist by the constant theft from the colonies.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:11 am

nicko wrote:Just to put you right,you ignorant aussie,   i joined the Australian Army when i was 19, posted to Viet nam and served two tours.    Came back to England a few years later and joined the British Army as a PARA, was posted to Ireland and joined the fight against the IRA. did two tours there as well, and was wounded by an ira bullet!    What did you do in the war, fcuk all you were still in nappies.    now piss off you big headed know all.     I have to add some of the best soldiers i fought with were Aussies, nothing like you il'l bet.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, it is a serious question.... (also I wasn't in nappies I was several years away from being born Wink )

Why was it Ok for you as part of the Aussie Army to invade Vietnam? they were never a threat to Australia or UK or USA? they just wanted to choose their system of Governance.
Why was it Ok you you to go to Ireland? they just want THEIR LAND to be for the Irish (you know people born their Wink or at least support there)
Did you fight to defend your home or to take someone else's?

I don't see how you can condemn the Foreigner that wants to use the NHS in your country? you wanted to do far worse when you were a foreigner in Vietnam. Neutral I'm not trying to condemn you for your actions but rather understand the justification and why that doesn't apply guy that want to use the NHS?

Please understand that for me the Vietnam war is best summed up by Redgum (which you probably relate to most strongly)

the Justification for the war seems so insignificant compared to the horrors Sad

veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:03 am

nicko wrote:Pomp and Circumstance gets top marks from me!

I apologise on behalf of the mother - she got concerts mixed up....Elgar is next weekend, today was Beethoven Piano Trio Opus 70 #2 and Mendelssohn Piano Trio Opus 66 - both fabulous!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:04 am

Nicko, not accusing you -- that's just the image that comes to mind when anybody here says "more waffle." Mmmm ... waffle ...

Re: British soldiers not torturing in Iraq. According to the British government, no; according to many Iraqis, yes.

Re: the rest of it -- it really tickles me to hear the beneficiaries of the largest empire the world has ever known piss and moan about giving over "their" land to "foreigners." Most of Britain's "foreign-born" population comes from countries ruled by Britain at one point.

Eli Young
*THE Ben Reilly*

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:28 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Nicko, not accusing you -- that's just the image that comes to mind when anybody here says "more waffle." Mmmm ... waffle ...

Re: British soldiers not torturing in Iraq. According to the British government, no; according to many Iraqis, yes.

Re: the rest of it -- it really tickles me to hear the beneficiaries of the largest empire the world has ever known piss and moan about giving over "their" land to "foreigners." Most of Britain's "foreign-born" population comes from countries ruled by Britain at one point.

Touché

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:07 am

It is quite obvious that several posters on here hate the British, they are allways mentioning the "British Empire" and how we took their wealth for our own use! It seems to me that you are jelous of Britains history, after all YOUR countries have very little history, a few hudred years at most. Ours goes back quite a lot longer than that.!!So live with it!!!!
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:22 pm

nicko wrote:It is quite obvious that several posters on here hate the British, they are allways mentioning the "British Empire" and how we took their wealth for our own use!   It seems to me that you are jelous of Britains history, after all YOUR countries have very little history, a few hudred years at most. Ours goes back quite a lot longer than that.!!So live with it!!!!

I think it is appropriate here: WAFFLE!!!

Don't hate the British. Love 'em...because they are common, everyday folks just like you and me. Neither do we kiss their arse, like some people want. They's just part of the group o' friends.

Fer a rough, tough soldier nicko, ya got some thin skin. Toughen up, grunt! Razz

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:26 pm

nicko wrote:It is quite obvious that several posters on here hate the British, they are allways mentioning the "British Empire" and how we took their wealth for our own use!   It seems to me that you are jelous of Britains history, after all YOUR countries have very little history, a few hudred years at most. Ours goes back quite a lot longer than that.!!So live with it!!!!

Well, while your empire fades into history, my young country's empire is rushing to take its place, so I'm not trying to feel superior or anything ... no need to be so sensitive.

Eli Young
*THE Ben Reilly*

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:34 pm

I think you're all stupid.

Word. Cool
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:57 pm

eddie wrote:

I think you're all stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt9q-WChfeM

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Well, while your empire fades into history, my young country's empire is rushing to take its place, so I'm not trying to feel superior or anything ... no need to be so sensitive.

LOL Razz says he of the currently setting empire
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

the world turns from bowing to the Eagle to bowing to the Dragon Wink

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:50 pm

yep that's why there is so much more bad stuff tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Do we hate the British or love to hate on the British.. hard to tell really Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:00 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

LOL  Razz  says he of the currently setting empire
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

the world turns from bowing to the Eagle to bowing to the Dragon  Wink

The dragon's looking a bit tired as of late Smile

Eli Young
*THE Ben Reilly*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum