A new recipe

Go down

A new recipe

Post by Cass on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 pm

So today as its my day off, I am attempting to make Pho for the first time - home made. For this of you not familiar it is a Vietnamese broth to which you add thinly sliced beef, beansprouts, limes, chilies (Thai birdseye), Asian basil, cilantro, rice noodles and because I can shitake mushrooms.

Luckily we have a couple of Asian supermarkets here and all the ingredients are fresh and I am using a authentic broth base which the girl who does my pedicure told me she uses. The broth is simmering as we speak - the smell of star anise and cinammon is making me drool. I have another 8 hours to wait to eat it.....torture

I will let you know how it goes down so to speak......

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5217
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new recipe

Post by Original Quill on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Cass wrote:So today as its my day off, I am attempting to make Pho for the first time - home made. For this of you not familiar it is a Vietnamese broth to which you add thinly sliced beef, beansprouts, limes, chilies (Thai birdseye), Asian basil, cilantro, rice noodles and because I can shitake mushrooms.

Luckily we have a couple of Asian supermarkets here and all the ingredients are fresh and I am using a authentic broth base which the girl who does my pedicure told me she uses. The broth is simmering as we speak - the smell of star anise and cinammon is making me drool. I have another 8 hours to wait to eat it.....torture

I will let you know how it goes down so to speak......

Lol...I do hope the toenails have nothing to do with the broth. Shocked

Other than that, sounds delish...

_________________
"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 22100
Join date : 2013-12-18
Age : 52
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new recipe

Post by Cass on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:So today as its my day off, I am attempting to make Pho for the first time - home made. For this of you not familiar it is a Vietnamese broth to which you add thinly sliced beef, beansprouts, limes, chilies (Thai birdseye), Asian basil, cilantro, rice noodles and because I can shitake mushrooms.

Luckily we have a couple of Asian supermarkets here and all the ingredients are fresh and I am using a authentic broth base which the girl who does my pedicure told me she uses. The broth is simmering as we speak - the smell of star anise and cinammon is making me drool. I have another 8 hours to wait to eat it.....torture

I will let you know how it goes down so to speak......

Lol...I do hope the toenails have nothing to do with the broth. Shocked

Other than that, sounds delish...

well all I know is that my feet are smooth........lol

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5217
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new recipe

Post by Cass on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:26 pm

OMG it was so good....and not as hard to make as I thought.A dash of soy sauce and dash of Chili sauce made it complete.

some leftovers for lunch - bazinga

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5217
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new recipe

Post by eddie on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Does it travel well?
I would like some posted please.

_________________
A Hydro-field cuts through my neighbourhood. Somehow that always just made me feel good. I can put a spare bulb in my hand and light up my yard. Late at night when the wires in the walls, sing in tune with the din of the falls. I'm conducting it all while I sleep...to light the whole town
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 33247
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new recipe

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Cass wrote:OMG it was so good....and not as hard to make as I thought.A dash of soy sauce and dash of Chili sauce made it complete.

some leftovers for lunch - bazinga

Sounds delicious; reminds me of Haltom City, where I grew up -- Belknap Street has tons of Pho places within a few blocks of one another and you can smell it everywhere Smile


_________________
"At the end of life, it will not be the amount of money we have hoarded, the possessions we have had or the power and authority we have wielded in life that will be remembered and honored. Rather, people will remember most vividly the personal interactions with a loved one."

- Fr. Ken Robinson
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23382
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A new recipe

Post by Cass on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:39 pm

eds sorry all gone......I will pm you the recipe later....I put the mushrooms in cause of you x

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5217
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new recipe

Post by Cass on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:OMG it was so good....and not as hard to make as I thought.A dash of soy sauce and dash of Chili sauce made it complete.

some leftovers for lunch - bazinga

Sounds delicious; reminds me of Haltom City, where I grew up -- Belknap Street has tons of Pho places within a few blocks of one another and you can smell it everywhere Smile


ben we're lucky here with lots of Korean and a few good Vietnamese places

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5217
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new recipe

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:25 am

Cass wrote:eds sorry all gone......I will pm you the recipe later....I put the mushrooms in cause of you x

cheers that's why I loves ya

_________________
A Hydro-field cuts through my neighbourhood. Somehow that always just made me feel good. I can put a spare bulb in my hand and light up my yard. Late at night when the wires in the walls, sing in tune with the din of the falls. I'm conducting it all while I sleep...to light the whole town
avatar
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

Posts : 33247
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new recipe

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum