Fuck you

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Fuck you

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

That's right, fuck you. But that's conditional, as I'll explain later.

My back is all screwed up to the point I can't really walk as you people would define the act. And thanks to a tip from someone who will remain Nemsonymous, I'm totally drunk off my ass (not that this person recommended that I drink on the job). It will be interesting to see whether I keep my job, as I'm on deadline today and not making very good progress. But at least I'm not in constant pain now.

OK, so back to the "fuck you" part. What I mean is, fuck you if you take this site so seriously that you're getting all bent out of shape over it. Forums are meant to be fun, any fool knows that. So yeah. Fuck you and fuck off if you're pulling some scheme or whining or doing anything but having a conversation -- CONVERSATION -- which is why I, being someone who is neither a dumb-ass nor a fan of unnecessary pain, created the site.

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you

Post by eddie on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:15 pm

An ass is a donkey Razz

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:18 pm

eddie wrote:An ass is a donkey Razz

Fook...not my ass.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:48 pm

eddie wrote:
An ass is a donkey Razz

Cool       A male donkey is an ass.

A female donkey is a jenny..

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:04 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:
An ass is a donkey Razz

I feel a right jenny now No

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:59 am

Language changes, accents change ... you do realize that the U.S. and Canada pre-date the received pronunciation by a pretty long while? Smile The RP was a mid-1800s phenomenon. You don't even have to cross an ocean to see how English used to be universally rhotic (hard R pronouncing) -- just go to Ireland or Scotland.

North American English accents didn't descend from what British speak today -- they're different branches of the same tree (much like gridiron football wasn't adopted from association football, but both were developed from earlier sports). A lot of the confusion is caused by movies about the Colonial Period which inaccurately portray American colonists and their British contemporaries as speaking in the RP accent, which was not even close to universal in English at the time (and never has been).

Americans also still use English words the English themselves have mostly stopped using, like "fall" as a synonym for "autumn."

Studies on historical usage of English in America and in Britain seem to suggest that spoken American English is actually closer to the “King's English” spoken when America was first colonized, according to Bill Bryson in Made In America, an exhaustive survey of American English published in 1994.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-the-difference-between-theater-and-theatre.htm

It seems like there's this tendency among Brits to assume that most things North American are somehow descended or evolved from the culture of Britain as it is today, but in reality, both have changed quite a bit in the past several centuries. Chances are if you could listen to a recording of King George III speaking, he wouldn't sound any more British to you than an American or Canadian does.

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Yes, the London Times published an article in July 1996 on how the American accent was much more like the original than the ordinary Londoner's speech.

The thing that has changed Brit English more than anything is the aspirated consonant...using the diaphragm to close off a consonant, rather than a 't', 'p', 'v' or other such hard sound (ie, rather than using the lips or tongue to make the sound, as Americans do).  Thus, a down-home Londoner will say wha^? (what?) or hae^ ye go^ ciggie, mae^? (have you got a cigarette, mate?).

Some say that the aspirated consonant comes from Scotland.  It is certainly more pronounced in q-Celtic than in Welsh (p-Celtic) English.  You still hear the Scots saying, qua^rr? (where?) and qua^? (what?).  And, although the Celts never had a written language, you see in their adopted phonetic spelling words like quare? (where?) and quenn? (when?) and quill ye be lea^in'? (will you be leaving?).  Take a look at Mary Stuart's casket letters (often printed verbatim in an appendix of a history text on Scotland).

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Blah blah blah

It's still ARSE not ASS

Andre Gide
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:
An ass is a donkey Razz

In the eyes of an Australian male you are a Sheila - not a Jenny.

Did you know that all the children in Glasgow are called Wayne, even the girls.

Example...

'shout on the weans and tell them that their tea is oot'

Laughing

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Hahahahahaha don't tell,JD you were speaking like him!

Andre Gide
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:
An ass is a donkey Razz

Example...

Laughing

Actually no one really says Shelia any more. even G'day is not very common most people just say 'hey'

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:50 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:
An ass is a donkey Razz

Example...

Laughing

Actually no one really says Shelia any more. even G'day is not very common most people just say 'hey'

Sorry Veya. I was going by the Fosters lager adverts that we get here.

Laughing

Friedrich Hayek

Irn Bru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:11 pm

it's a bit of a shame we have become more American in the way we speak. but it is getting interesting now as more white Aussies adopt Asian and Middle Eastern words, in Sydney particularly you can see language evolving as new people and things join the mix.

veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Its no surprise london english has changed so much...indeed the ONLY surprise is that there is any english left in it...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Oh fuck you lot.
I'm off to bed

Andre Gide
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:17 am

eddie wrote:Oh fuck you lot.
I'm off to bed

Cor blimey, strike a light, would you Adam and Eve it.

Smile

Friedrich Hayek

Irn Bru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:11 pm

veya_victaous wrote:it's a bit of a shame we have become more American in the way we speak. but it is getting interesting now as more white Aussies adopt Asian and Middle Eastern words, in Sydney particularly you can see language evolving as new people and things join the mix.

This is something that has Mexicans very concerned. With so many Central Americans coming to the US, their comment is that Mexican is not Spanish. They use terms like 'okay' and 'hey' and their talk is so flooded with American terms that it is no longer recognizable.

The Central Americans have even coined a term for it : Spanglish!

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Language can't be controlled! The more you tighten your grip, the more neologisms will slip through your fingers Smile

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:06 pm

No question. Language is a living thing.

Still, you can't stop other pan-American Hispanics from having opinions of their own. It may just be competitive, or it may be hurtful, but they claim that Mexicans no longer have a language.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:41 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
it's a bit of a shame we have become more American in the way we speak. but it is getting interesting now as more white Aussies adopt Asian and Middle Eastern words, in Sydney particularly you can see language evolving as new people and things join the mix.

sunny

FORTUNATELY some good ol' Ocker phrases such as "G'day", "no worries !", "ma..a..ate.." and "she'll be right !" are still to be heard regularly from a few places yet from around the Central Coast to all points North and West ~ especially out on the fringes 'tween town and country...

ON THE other hand, other old fashion terms like Sheila, "strewth !", "banging like a dunny door !", "hey cobber.." faded away years ago;  Hardly heard in many cases since the 1950s and '60s..

It often seems that some overseas-type peoples (like Drinky..) are getting their samples of  "Aussie slang" from Dad and Dave, Chips Rafferty, Barry McKenzie and Crocodile Dundee movies and Skippy, Neighbours, Home and Away, and Kath&Kim TV shows !    

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

This is something that has Mexicans very concerned.  With so many Central Americans coming to the US, their comment is that Mexican is not Spanish.  They use terms like 'okay' and 'hey' and their talk is so flooded with American terms that it is no longer recognizable.

The Central Americans have even coined a term for it : Spanglish!

Idea

OTHER countries that also complain strongly about the incursion of English into their native tongues include France (Franglaise..) and Japan...

WHILE many Aussies, Kiwis and Poms - justifiably - aren't too keen on the Yankee-fication of their own versions of modern day English ~ and may even be seen in many cases to deliberately increase their accents when visiting North America !       pirat

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:...and may even be seen in many cases to deliberately increase their accents when visiting North America !

Interesting. Smile

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:27 pm

So they use their accent situationally ... just like everyone else does. I've never heard of it being used to spite someone for having the audacity to choose to be born in the U.S., though No

Emily Edwards, a 23-year-old Liberty, Texas native, said she tries to muffle her distinct East Texas drawl when giving presentations at school or speaking to people outside her social circle.

Most of the time I just talk like I normally do, but I'm much more careful about using my accent when I'm talking to someone important because people tend to think it sounds less professional.

“I didn’t realize how country I sound until I came to Austin and everyone remarked on my accent,” said Edwards, who’s majoring in elementary education at Lamar University in Beaumont. “Most of the time I just talk like I normally do, but I’m much more careful about using my accent when I’m talking to someone important because people tend to think it sounds less professional.”

But when she’s working at her small-town clothing boutique, she admittedly turns up the Southern charm to make herself seem more warm and inviting.

Hinrichs found men are also invoking their inner Texan when they want to present a friendly, hospitable demeanor. He stumbled upon this finding while observing young, urban Austinites interacting with customers at the Bouldin Creek Coffeehouse. To study how native Texans speak in a casual setting, Hinrichs and his team of student researchers videotaped their entire four-hour shifts. After transcribing and coding hours of audio recordings, they found even the young city-dwellers systematically revert to old Texas phrases at opportune times.

While ringing up his customers, Luke Malone, a 25-year-old native Texan, consistently used the old-timey Southern phrase, “Thank you kindly.”

“We found that the accent really comes out with the customers,” Hinrichs said. “The Southerner has the cultural advantage of being hospitable and friendly, so in the videos we saw them saying ‘thank you kindly’ a lot. It’s not actually a Texan phrase, but it’s used as a way to evoke an old cotton Texas personality.”

http://www.utexas.edu/know/2012/05/07/texas_twang/

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Aussies Do
Just so you know we're Aussies

The End part of your quote about the southern hospitality is interesting I would suggest we do it for the same reasons of 'invoking stereotypes'
Australians generally have positive(or accurate) stereotypes.

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:51 pm

we tell junior to up the British accent for more tips at his job....its working.

even though I speak it un petite peu .....French is weird .....I mean making the word vagina masculine????? ce qui la baise?????

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:08 pm

I've definitely done the "Texan-ing it up" thing, usually to ingratiate myself and almost always with an older Texan Smile I understand that, I just hate it when you hear a white person talking to a black person and all of the sudden they're using hip-hop slang, it's very obvious and sounds racist ...

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:07 am

I do sort of modify the way I speak when overseas believing that my natural tongue may be just a bit too difficult for people to pick up on what I' saying. I probably don't have to but I suppose I'm just being careful.

Friedrich Hayek

Irn Bru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:18 am

Irn Bru wrote:I do sort of modify the way I speak when overseas believing that my natural tongue may be just a bit too difficult for people to pick up on what I' saying. I probably don't have to but I suppose I'm just being careful.

It's just an abundance of courtesy, wanting to make it easy for people to understand you Smile I've always noticed that our nicer members are happy to explain an expression that someone from another country doesn't understand.

I've noticed myself using some phrases that aren't very common in American English, then realizing I picked them up here cheers

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Well...since Californiaish is the original English sound, we are outta that game...dude!.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:54 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I've definitely done the "Texan-ing it up" thing, usually to ingratiate myself and almost always with an older Texan Smile I understand that, I just hate it when you hear a white person talking to a black person and all of the sudden they're using hip-hop slang, it's very obvious and sounds racist ...

Well Ben, over here it is very "in" to speak black - Asians, whites and blacks do it, of you're a white person speaking black you're called a "wigger"

And quite honestly, whenever a young person talks that way to me I always say "pardon? Why are you speaking like that?" If the person is white I ask them if they're black.
I'm not racist but I'm certainly not PC.

I hope it's just a phase as I'd hate to hear everyone speaking like it. It's a "yoot" (youth) thing and I cannot abide it!
Fortunately, my son thinks it sounds ridiculous and hasn't joined in.
I wouldn't let any of his friends speak like it in my house either, but thankfully they don't, not even his black friends - most of whom are quite posh!

I think it stops youths getting jobs tbh. No one wants to employ people that talk like idiots.

Andre Gide
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:21 am

It's been going on here for quite some time, I had a number of friends in high school who did that (they've grown out of it). It's being a kid and identifying with rap culture, I think -- they always talk like rappers, rather than like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdi-1tIUhM

But I'm not talking about youth speaking with "black-cents" so much as the phenomenon where a couple white people are talking to one another as they usually would, and then a black guy shows up and one of the white guys is like, "Yo dawg, whattup?" Like he wouldn't understand otherwise ...

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I've definitely done the "Texan-ing it up" thing, usually to ingratiate myself and almost always with an older Texan Smile I understand that, I just hate it when you hear a white person talking to a black person and all of the sudden they're using hip-hop slang, it's very obvious and sounds racist ...

clearly you are a well educated L/W drone....ANYTHING a white person does is racist in your eyes.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:47 pm

eddie wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:

I felt a Jenny once.....she was in the year above me at school.............. mmmmmmmmm Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:I do sort of modify the way I speak when overseas believing that my natural tongue may be just a bit too difficult for people to pick up on what I' saying. I probably don't have to but I suppose I'm just being careful.

It's just an abundance of courtesy, wanting to make it easy for people to understand you Smile I've always noticed that our nicer members are happy to explain an expression that someone from another country doesn't understand.

I've noticed myself using some phrases that aren't very common in American English, then realizing I picked them up here
cheers

lol!

What words/phrases have you been saying from here?

Have you started calling people 'bellend' or 'twat'???
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I've noticed myself using some phrases that aren't very common in American English, then realizing I picked them up here
cheers

lol!

What words/phrases have you been saying from here?

Have you started calling people 'bellend' or 'twat'???

Haha, not so much slang -- more like using sentence constructions that aren't used much by Americans, but maybe more often (at least it seems to me) by British people. Like maybe if a sports team is having a bad season, I find myself saying something like "It's not been a good year for them" rather than "It hasn't been a good year," which would be the more typical American phrasing.

It's not just the way Brits here write but also reading the links to British media articles you lot post ... wait, "you lot"? I meant "y'all." Ah, bollocks ...

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:38 pm

we will civilise you yet Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:55 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:we will civilise you yet Ben

Uh-oh ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xAeSkdtaeI

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:34 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
eddie wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:

I felt a Jenny once.....she was in the year above me at school.............. mmmmmmmmm Embarassed

Rolling Eyes men!

Andre Gide
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Ben, tomorrow I want you to start using the phrase "righto chap!" as many times as you can Razz

Andre Gide
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:02 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:

clearly you are a well educated L/W drone....ANYTHING a white person does is racist in your eyes.....

Either that or helping. Smile

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:06 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
eddie wrote:

Ah yes...Jenny...

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Hahahahahahahah brilliant Quill!

Andre Gide
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum