A quick thought before I go to bed

Go down

A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:42 am

Just wanted to share this thought before I hit the sack.

I just told VOD that I believe our forum is useless if we all agree with one another, and doomed if we can't continue to talk to one another despite our disagreements. I would say that's the main thing I'd like to see with our site. I'd like to see it be a place where people who don't agree can talk with one another, because at least in my experience, I learn a lot from people I disagree with -- and that's not to say they change my mind, necessarily, but that they enrich my knowledge.

Good night!  I love you I love you I love you I love you 

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:03 am

I'm off too

Be good or be good at it  Wink 

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 17676
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Just wanted to share this thought before I hit the sack.

I just told VOD that I believe our forum is useless if we all agree with one another, and doomed if we can't continue to talk to one another despite our disagreements. I would say that's the main thing I'd like to see with our site. I'd like to see it be a place where people who don't agree can talk with one another, because at least in my experience, I learn a lot from people I disagree with -- and that's not to say they change my mind, necessarily, but that they enrich my knowledge.

Good night!  I love you I love you I love you I love you 

Absolutely right Ben. Always comes back to the same place though.
People are entitled to their opinions and should be able to voice them.
Free speech should be for all not just those we like and or agree with.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:08 am

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Just wanted to share this thought before I hit the sack.

I just told VOD that I believe our forum is useless if we all agree with one another, and doomed if we can't continue to talk to one another despite our disagreements. I would say that's the main thing I'd like to see with our site. I'd like to see it be a place where people who don't agree can talk with one another, because at least in my experience, I learn a lot from people I disagree with -- and that's not to say they change my mind, necessarily, but that they enrich my knowledge.

Good night!  I love you I love you I love you I love you 

Absolutely right Ben. Always comes back to the same place though.
People are entitled to their opinions and should be able to voice them.
Free speech should be for all not just those we like and or agree with.

agree nems Smile vod x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:45 am

I second that nems.

That's why answering the post and not the poster has always made sense.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by gerber on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:47 am

Thirded.

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
avatar
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by feelthelove on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:I'm off too

Be good or be good at it  Wink 

Absolutely Veya x

_________________
Piglet : "How do you spell love?"  Pooh : "You don't spell it, you feel it"  
avatar
feelthelove
Queen of Smilies

Posts : 2736
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 47
Location : Planet feelthelove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by FluffyBunny on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:51 pm

It's a lovely site.Just think it's a shame when folk descend into personal abuse.

People can debate without doing that and they can disagree without being abusive. cheers 

_________________
The quality of mercy is not strained.
It droppeth as the gentle rain
avatar
FluffyBunny

Posts : 1602
Join date : 2014-03-23
Location : Cheery Cymru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:41 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Just wanted to share this thought before I hit the sack.

I just told VOD that I believe our forum is useless if we all agree with one another, and doomed if we can't continue to talk to one another despite our disagreements. I would say that's the main thing I'd like to see with our site. I'd like to see it be a place where people who don't agree can talk with one another, because at least in my experience, I learn a lot from people I disagree with -- and that's not to say they change my mind, necessarily, but that they enrich my knowledge.

Good night!  I love you I love you I love you I love you 

Absolutely right Ben. Always comes back to the same place though.
People are entitled to their opinions and should be able to voice them.
Free speech should be for all not just those we like and or agree with.

If only Ben & Sassy saw it that way.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Shady wrote:
Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Just wanted to share this thought before I hit the sack.

I just told VOD that I believe our forum is useless if we all agree with one another, and doomed if we can't continue to talk to one another despite our disagreements. I would say that's the main thing I'd like to see with our site. I'd like to see it be a place where people who don't agree can talk with one another, because at least in my experience, I learn a lot from people I disagree with -- and that's not to say they change my mind, necessarily, but that they enrich my knowledge.

Good night!  I love you I love you I love you I love you 

Absolutely right Ben. Always comes back to the same place though.
People are entitled to their opinions and should be able to voice them.
Free speech should be for all not just those we like and or agree with.

If only Ben & Sassy saw it that way.

How can you judge when you log out for weeks and admit that you barely even look in or read anything that's posted?

You didn't have to come back, you know. Or, if you did, you don't have to act like an ass.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

If only Ben & Sassy saw it that way.

How can you judge when you log out for weeks and admit that you barely even look in or read anything that's posted?

You didn't have to come back, you know. Or, if you did, you don't have to act like an ass.
he's not acting

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Korben_Dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

If only Ben & Sassy saw it that way.

How can you judge when you log out for weeks and admit that you barely even look in or read anything that's posted?

You didn't have to come back, you know. Or, if you did, you don't have to act like an ass.
he's not acting

Indeed, thanks for the clarification Smile

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

If only Ben & Sassy saw it that way.

How can you judge when you log out for weeks and admit that you barely even look in or read anything that's posted?

You didn't have to come back, you know. Or, if you did, you don't have to act like an ass.

One of the reasons why I don't post here so often is because you have allowed standards to drop because of your own low standards......You don't allow free speech.

Unfortunately,you & your best friend Sassy have ruined this site.

Why don't you both leave?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Shady wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

If only Ben & Sassy saw it that way.

How can you judge when you log out for weeks and admit that you barely even look in or read anything that's posted?

You didn't have to come back, you know. Or, if you did, you don't have to act like an ass.

One of the reasons why I don't post here so often is because you have allowed standards to drop because of your own low standards......You don't allow free speech.

Unfortunately,you & your best friend Sassy have ruined this site.

Why don't you both leave?

We were here first  ::D:: 

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:55 pm

Korben_Dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

How can you judge when you log out for weeks and admit that you barely even look in or read anything that's posted?

You didn't have to come back, you know. Or, if you did, you don't have to act like an ass.
he's not acting

But you are.........And you still can't hack it because I can outwit you on every subject we've ever tried to discuss........That's because you are quite thick & suffer from tunnel vision.......no imagination.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

One of the reasons why I don't post here so often is because you have allowed standards to drop because of your own low standards......You don't allow free speech.

Unfortunately,you & your best friend Sassy have ruined this site.

Why don't you both leave?

We were here first  ::D:: 

Why don't you & Sassy stay off the site for a week & see how it improves?...Go on.Try it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Shady wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

How can you judge when you log out for weeks and admit that you barely even look in or read anything that's posted?

You didn't have to come back, you know. Or, if you did, you don't have to act like an ass.
he's not acting

But you are.........And you still can't hack it because I can outwit you on every subject we've ever tried to discuss........That's because you are quite thick & suffer from tunnel vision.......no imagination.

Sorry, just saw that part about you outwitting someone and nearly spat my tea on my monitor ...

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Shady wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
he's not acting

But you are.........And you still can't hack it because I can outwit you on every subject we've ever tried to discuss........That's because you are quite thick & suffer from tunnel vision.......no imagination.
?? Er......i hardly ever talk to you if at all dude
I can't get past the whole stupid pirate thing to be honest

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:03 am

Korben_Dallas wrote:
Shady wrote:

But you are.........And you still can't hack it because I can outwit you on every subject we've ever tried to discuss........That's because you are quite thick & suffer from tunnel vision.......no imagination.
?? Er......i hardly ever talk to you if at all dude
I can't get past the whole stupid pirate thing to be honest  

That suits me.......Thank you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:04 am

Hey, at least he's not pretending to be a female billionaire anymore. That was weird.

_________________
He's loading up his saddlebags, out on the edge of wonder
One is filled with music, the other's filled with thunder

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 23823
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:05 am

Shady wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
?? Er......i hardly ever talk to you if at all dude
I can't get past the whole stupid pirate thing to be honest  

That suits me.......Thank you.
happy to help ....i see you more as a cuckoo than a sparrow

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:10 am

Korben_Dallas wrote:
Shady wrote:

That suits me.......Thank you.
happy to help ....i see you more as a cuckoo than a sparrow

I don't know what to see you as,because you have had so many I/Ds

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:12 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Hey, at least he's not pretending to be a female billionaire anymore. That was weird.
Hey he has a rich fantasy life ...if I had a penny for every millionaire I have met on a forum i would have about £20 an still the chances of one of them being real would be zero

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:13 am

Shady wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
happy to help ....i see you more as a cuckoo than a sparrow

I don't know what to see you as,because you have had so many I/Ds
Er....who do you think i am ?

i have had 2 id`s in the past ohh ..........7 years or so


Ps did you really not get the pirate reference??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:20 am

Korben_Dallas wrote:
Shady wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
happy to help ....i see you more as a cuckoo than a sparrow

I don't know what to see you as,because you have had so many I/Ds
Er....who do you think i am ?

i have had 2 id`s in the past ohh ..........7 years or so


Ps did you really not get the pirate reference??

I did. It made me think of Jack Sparrow who is a tasty little pirate.  Razz 

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:25 am

eddie wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
Er....who do you think i am ?

i have had 2 id`s in the past ohh ..........7 years or so


Ps did you really not get the pirate reference??

I did. It made me think of Jack Sparrow who is a tasty little pirate.  Razz 

He certainly is  Razz 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:26 am

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

I did. It made me think of Jack Sparrow who is a tasty little pirate.  Razz 

He certainly is  Razz 
Hey even i fancy him  Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:27 am

eddie wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
Er....who do you think i am ?

i have had 2 id`s in the past ohh ..........7 years or so


Ps did you really not get the pirate reference??

I did. It made me think of Jack Sparrow who is a tasty little pirate.  Razz 
Thanks ED............. I hate wasting good material  Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Cass on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:59 am

eddie wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
Er....who do you think i am ?

i have had 2 id`s in the past ohh ..........7 years or so


Ps did you really not get the pirate reference??

I did. It made me think of Jack Sparrow who is a tasty little pirate.  Razz 

sorry you cant have Jack AND Zidane.......that's just greedy

ill share them with you like I have to share Ivan with nems.....deal?

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5312
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:33 am

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:

I did. It made me think of Jack Sparrow who is a tasty little pirate.  Razz 

sorry you cant have Jack AND Zidane.......that's just greedy

ill share them with you like I have to share Ivan with nems.....deal?

 Razz 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:33 am

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
Er....who do you think i am ?

i have had 2 id`s in the past ohh ..........7 years or so


Ps did you really not get the pirate reference??

I did. It made me think of Jack Sparrow who is a tasty little pirate.  Razz 

sorry you cant have Jack AND Zidane.......that's just greedy

ill share them with you like I have to share Ivan with nems.....deal?

I don't usually share but I'm in a good mood today  Basketball 


Last edited by eddie on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by jaded fox on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:34 am

Shady wrote:

One of the reasons why I don't post here so often is because you have allowed standards to drop because of your own low standards......You don't allow free speech.

Unfortunately,you & your best friend Sassy have ruined this site.

Why don't you both leave?

This is Ben's place right? He has more reason to be here than you do.
avatar
jaded fox

Posts : 168
Join date : 2014-01-19
Location : Earth I think

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:35 am

Korben_Dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
Er....who do you think i am ?

i have had 2 id`s in the past ohh ..........7 years or so


Ps did you really not get the pirate reference??

I did. It made me think of Jack Sparrow who is a tasty little pirate.  Razz 
Thanks ED............. I hate wasting good material  Smile 

Korben, yes I like word play and got it straight away lol

I wrote a song lyric once (bird-related)  that went;

"....and you're soaring like an eagle but a sitting duck sits right within you"

So I knew what you meant.

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by feelthelove on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

I did. It made me think of Jack Sparrow who is a tasty little pirate.  Razz 

He certainly is  Razz 

Eh? He looks nothing like the Mitchell brothers



I think he could be a rather naughty pirate myself

_________________
Piglet : "How do you spell love?"  Pooh : "You don't spell it, you feel it"  
avatar
feelthelove
Queen of Smilies

Posts : 2736
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 47
Location : Planet feelthelove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by nicko on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 pm

He wears eye shadow!!
avatar
nicko

Posts : 9319
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by feelthelove on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:24 pm

nicko wrote:He wears eye shadow!!

Hi Nicko  I love you x

Technically it's kohl pencil Very 80's  lol!

_________________
Piglet : "How do you spell love?"  Pooh : "You don't spell it, you feel it"  
avatar
feelthelove
Queen of Smilies

Posts : 2736
Join date : 2014-04-20
Age : 47
Location : Planet feelthelove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:25 pm

feelthelove wrote:
nicko wrote:He wears eye shadow!!

Hi Nicko  I love you x

Technically it's kohl pencil Very 80's  lol!

 lol! 

 pirat 

_________________
”Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it”

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 34362
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 47
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Lurker on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:20 pm

But you are.........And you still can't hack it because I can outwit you on every subject we've ever tried to discuss........That's because you are quite thick & suffer from tunnel vision.......no imagination.

I'm still laughing. Can't stop. What a a load of shit. bwaahaaahahah

_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 3404
Join date : 2013-01-20
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Lurker wrote:
But you are.........And you still can't hack it because I can outwit you on every subject we've ever tried to discuss........That's because you are quite thick & suffer from tunnel vision.......no imagination.

I'm still laughing. Can't stop. What a a load of shit. bwaahaaahahah

The only imagination Shady has is that he pretends to be a pirate


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A quick thought before I go to bed

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum