Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Turns out, it’s not the seven-year itch couples should fear, it’s the nine-month one.

Parents, a new survey reports, are nearly twice as likely to cheat as married people without children. In the online study of 1,000 18- to 49-year-olds, followed up with focus groups around the country, 18 percent of parents said they’ve strayed, compared to only 11 percent of childless married people.

“When you have children, you get lost in who you are as a woman,” a 40-year-old Florida mom of six tells The Post.

She says she began cheating after learning her husband had strayed. Her two children at the time were 2 and 5. Though she had initially wanted to get even, she found the confidence boost exhilarating.

“It’s a break from the kids,” says the woman, who owns a children’s clothing boutique and asked to remain anonymous. She says her affair encouraged her to lose her post-pregnancy weight and “start wearing extensions again ..."

http://nypost.com/2014/07/16/couples-with-children-more-likely-to-commit-adultery/

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Cass on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:43 am

oh my life......you excuse an affair as a break from the kids????

sweet lord I despair of the human race.......

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5882
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:40 am

^^ Does sound like one of the less sincere explanations you're likely to hear.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:47 am

Pretty vile, yeah -- but at least her exciting new affair gave her the inspiration she needed to lose that baby-weight!

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:00 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Pretty vile, yeah -- but at least her exciting new affair gave her the inspiration she needed to lose that baby-weight!

^^ I assumed this was simply Reilly Satirical Spin until I re-read the OP and realised she actually said it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:07 am

lovedust wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Pretty vile, yeah -- but at least her exciting new affair gave her the inspiration she needed to lose that baby-weight!

^^ I assumed this was simply Reilly Satirical Spin until I re-read the OP and realised she actually said it.

How I roll, behbeh. I satire reality with actual reality Smile

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

What got me was the fact she said she had 'extensions' again!!!!! The whole story shows how shallow our culture has become.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:55 am

Shallow and stupid!


_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38326
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:27 am

Pffffft!

Excuses excuses excuse............

Why cant one be satisfied in life?

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Dunno why the poor kids were dragged into the excuses at all. She's already admitted the real reason for her infidelity was her husband sleazing out on her and her decision to get back at him with a nutty two-wrongs-make-a-right vengeance plan.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:50 pm

lol absolutely ridiculous.

Can Muslim men have more than one wife?

Anybody know?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:lol absolutely ridiculous.

Can Muslim men have more than one wife?

Anybody know?

It depends on wear they live. There are many different Islamic cultures and they all do things differently from one another (I know, right? Go figure!).

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:lol absolutely ridiculous.

Can Muslim men have more than one wife?

Anybody know?

It depends on wear they live. There are many different Islamic cultures and they all do things differently from one another (I know, right? Go figure!).


Really?

Oh.

What about England?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Wow, found out for myself:

The system of paying extra benefits for multiple wives was reviewed under Labour in an exercise involving four separate Whitehall branches – The Treasury, the Department for Work & Pensions, HM Revenue & Customs and the Home Office.

The review concluded that recognising multiple marriages which had taken place overseas in the benefits system was the "best possible option".

At the time they stated: "Where there is a valid polygamous marriage the claimant and one spouse will be paid the couple rate ... The amount payable for each additional spouse is presently £33.65."

This has subsequently been increased to £38.45 a week for second and subsequent spouses, while the husband and his first wife are paid the ordinary couple rate of £105.95.

As well as income support, a husband with more than one wife is also eligible for possible housing benefit and council tax relief because of the larger property needed to accommodate his family.


What a generous lot the English taxpayers are!

lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Sassy wrote:What got me was the fact she said she had 'extensions' again!!!!! The whole story shows how shallow our culture has become.

But has destroying her family life given her enough confidence to get a *perm*? That's the ultimate litmus test.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:45 pm

lovedust wrote:
Sassy wrote:What got me was the fact she said she had 'extensions' again!!!!!    The whole story shows how shallow our culture has become.

But has destroying her family life given her enough confidence to get a *perm*? That's the ultimate litmus test.

Wonder if she got a fake tan?  Rolling Eyes 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Cass on Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:41 am

Sassy wrote:
lovedust wrote:

But has destroying her family life given her enough confidence to get a *perm*? That's the ultimate litmus test.

Wonder if she got a fake tan?  Rolling Eyes 

and fake nails.......and eyeliner permanently tattooed .......next up boob job......

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5882
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:28 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:Pffffft!

Excuses excuses excuse............

Why cant one be satisfied in life?

One of the best questions asked in this thread, I think. I blame, at least in large part, the consumer culture of envy, foisted on us by the greedy, and glorified or at least not fought against by far too many politicians these days.

Time to trot out a quote from one of my favorite authors, Cory Doctorow, it's from his book For The Win (emphasis my own):

Greed was predictable: if one slice of pizza is good, it makes sense that your intuition will tell you that five or ten slices would be even better.

But envy wasn't about what was good: it was about what someone else thought was good. It was the devil who whispered in your ear about your neighbor's car, his salary, his clothes, his girlfriend -- better than yours, more expensive than yours, more beautiful than yours. It was the dagger through your heart that could drive you from happiness to misery in a second without changing a single thing about your circumstances. It could turn your perfect life into a perfect mess, just by comparing it to someone who had more/better/prettier.

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:32 am

Or more directly, from a favorite song of mine, "Over the Cliff" --

"Success on someone else's terms don't mean a fuckin' thing."



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHDp-ECnt34

(If the Sex Pistols did country/western Smile )

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:26 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Wow, found out for myself:

The system of paying extra benefits for multiple wives was reviewed under Labour in an exercise involving four separate Whitehall branches – The Treasury, the Department for Work & Pensions, HM Revenue & Customs and the Home Office.

The review concluded that recognising multiple marriages which had taken place overseas in the benefits system was the "best possible option".

At the time they stated: "Where there is a valid polygamous marriage the claimant and one spouse will be paid the couple rate ... The amount payable for each additional spouse is presently £33.65."

This has subsequently been increased to £38.45 a week for second and subsequent spouses, while the husband and his first wife are paid the ordinary couple rate of £105.95.

As well as income support, a husband with more than one wife is also eligible for possible housing benefit and council tax relief because of the larger property needed to accommodate his family.


What a generous lot the English taxpayers are!

lol

If living in this country the law is one wife no more, if they want more than one wife they should not get any more benefit for them .

I think the whole idea of 4 wives is filthy and disgusting i bet the nhs spend hundreds treating them for their sexually transmitted diseases these women get , its disgusting .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Pffffft!

Excuses excuses excuse............

Why cant one be satisfied in life?

One of the best questions asked in this thread, I think. I blame, at least in large part, the consumer culture of envy, foisted on us by the greedy, and glorified or at least not fought against by far too many politicians these days.

Time to trot out a quote from one of my favorite authors, Cory Doctorow, it's from his book For The Win (emphasis my own):

Greed was predictable: if one slice of pizza is good, it makes sense that your intuition will tell you that five or ten slices would be even better.

But envy wasn't about what was good: it was about what someone else thought was good. It was the devil who whispered in your ear about your neighbor's car, his salary, his clothes, his girlfriend -- better than yours, more expensive than yours, more beautiful than yours. It was the dagger through your heart that could drive you from happiness to misery in a second without changing a single thing about your circumstances. It could turn your perfect life into a perfect mess, just by comparing it to someone who had more/better/prettier.


I have always said that most crime, bad thought and most of the world's problems can all be brought, in the simplest terms, down to greed.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38326
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Eddie i agree.


_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Pffffft!

Excuses excuses excuse............

Why cant one be satisfied in life?

One of the best questions asked in this thread, I think. I blame, at least in large part, the consumer culture of envy, foisted on us by the greedy, and glorified or at least not fought against by far too many politicians these days.

Time to trot out a quote from one of my favorite authors, Cory Doctorow, it's from his book For The Win (emphasis my own):

Greed was predictable: if one slice of pizza is good, it makes sense that your intuition will tell you that five or ten slices would be even better.

But envy wasn't about what was good: it was about what someone else thought was good. It was the devil who whispered in your ear about your neighbor's car, his salary, his clothes, his girlfriend -- better than yours, more expensive than yours, more beautiful than yours. It was the dagger through your heart that could drive you from happiness to misery in a second without changing a single thing about your circumstances. It could turn your perfect life into a perfect mess, just by comparing it to someone who had more/better/prettier.

This is why its such a major sin!

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat Empty Re: Study Says Couples With Kids More Likely to Cheat

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Pffffft!

Excuses excuses excuse............

Why cant one be satisfied in life?

One of the best questions asked in this thread, I think. I blame, at least in large part, the consumer culture of envy, foisted on us by the greedy, and glorified or at least not fought against by far too many politicians these days.

Time to trot out a quote from one of my favorite authors, Cory Doctorow, it's from his book For The Win (emphasis my own):

Greed was predictable: if one slice of pizza is good, it makes sense that your intuition will tell you that five or ten slices would be even better.

But envy wasn't about what was good: it was about what someone else thought was good. It was the devil who whispered in your ear about your neighbor's car, his salary, his clothes, his girlfriend -- better than yours, more expensive than yours, more beautiful than yours. It was the dagger through your heart that could drive you from happiness to misery in a second without changing a single thing about your circumstances. It could turn your perfect life into a perfect mess, just by comparing it to someone who had more/better/prettier.

Happiness is about being satisfied with what you have, content in your own skin. I occasionally watch the tv programmes about people looking for houses, and the list of the things they 'have to have' is ludicrous. As my OH says, all you need is a roof over your head, somewhere to sleep, somewhere to cook, somewhere to sit and somewhere to wash, everything else is just superfluous.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum