Military Strategy Games

Go down

Military Strategy Games

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:17 am

As Victor got me thinking, I love military strategy games, some of my old favorites are Risk and Campaign, my brothers and I would spend hours playing.

I used to also play Runequest versions one and two, though more Role Playing and a big element of luck comes from the dices.


Anyone else has some old favorites?

Quite like the PC Total war games also.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:42 am

Risk
Red alert
Chess
Civilization (longest game 20 hours then we gave up )
Age of Empires
Dungeons and dragons
Toon
Paranoia
warcraft

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:48 am

Korban_Dallas wrote:Risk
Red alert
Chess
Civilization (longest game 20 hours then we gave up )
Age of Empires
Dungeons and dragons
Toon
Paranoia
warcraft


Cool, have played some of those, still I used to love playing Runequest best.
Played some others like Boot Hill and Warhammer

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:13 am

I used to play dungeons and dragons with my brother but not on the PC, on a board with miniature characters?
I was only young and he had a way of making it seem really, really exciting!


_________________
"It's always the same, you're jumping someone else's train” ~ The Cure
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35588
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 am

eddie wrote:I used to play dungeons and dragons with my brother but not on the PC, on a board with miniature characters?
I was only young and he had a way of making it seem really, really exciting!




Story telling Eddie, what made Role playing games interesting, sort of bringing them to life.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 am

TOTAL WAR series


But Hurry and get your self this

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

10 bucks and some goes to charity and you will get half a dozen strategy games

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18397
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:20 am

Does anyone use Steam?

if so Add me
I'm Veya_Victaous  there too Cool 

Bought this on the Sales yesterday
http://store.steampowered.com/app/233250/


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18397
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:52 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:I used to play dungeons and dragons with my brother but not on the PC, on a board with miniature characters?
I was only young and he had a way of making it seem really, really exciting!




Story telling Eddie, what made Role playing games interesting, sort of bringing them to life.

It was fantastic.
I remember I loved his weird-shaped dice lol

_________________
"It's always the same, you're jumping someone else's train” ~ The Cure
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35588
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Eilzel on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:58 am

Civilization Revolution and Civilization 4

I think my love of history was part of the appeal though Smile

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6464
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:44 am

Didge wrote:As Victor got me thinking, I love military strategy games, some of my old favorites are Risk and Campaign, my brothers and I would spend hours playing.

I used to also play Runequest versions one and two, though more Role Playing and a big element of luck comes from the dices.


Anyone else has some old favorites?

Quite like the PC Total war games also.

is this where all youre military knowledge comes from is it didge??

do you have a little generals hat that you put on and shout at the screen as you move you're little men around??

now wonder you thought Russia had troops in Ukraine - you were playing games and got all confused  ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:48 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:As Victor got me thinking, I love military strategy games, some of my old favorites are Risk and Campaign, my brothers and I would spend hours playing.

I used to also play Runequest versions one and two, though more Role Playing and a big element of luck comes from the dices.


Anyone else has some old favorites?

Quite like the PC Total war games also.

is this where all youre military knowledge comes from is it didge??

do you have a little generals hat that you put on and shout at the screen as you move you're little men around??

now wonder you thought Russia had troops in Ukraine - you were playing games and got all confused  ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Oh smelly buggar off and argue in another thread.
Why does every bloody thread in here turn into a war?

Or are you boys playing a little war game? You going to get your generals out smelly?  lol! 

_________________
"It's always the same, you're jumping someone else's train” ~ The Cure
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35588
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:52 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:As Victor got me thinking, I love military strategy games, some of my old favorites are Risk and Campaign, my brothers and I would spend hours playing.

I used to also play Runequest versions one and two, though more Role Playing and a big element of luck comes from the dices.


Anyone else has some old favorites?

Quite like the PC Total war games also.

is this where all youre military knowledge comes from is it didge??

do you have a little generals hat that you put on and shout at the screen as you move you're little men around??

now wonder you thought Russia had troops in Ukraine - you were playing games and got all confused  ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 



Oh dear, no from studying Military Geniuses, like Hannibal, Alexander, , Napoleon, Von Clauswitz and many more, I particularly like Shaka, i doubt you have study hardly any like I have, but hey ho, you are just a grunt, tactical skills maneuvering armies, is beyond your comprehension.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:53 am

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:



Story telling Eddie, what made Role playing games interesting, sort of bringing them to life.

It was fantastic.
I remember I loved his weird-shaped dice lol



If I remember right, you had a four sided dice, an eight, a ten, a twelve and a twenty, though has been a long time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:31 am

eddie wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

is this where all youre military knowledge comes from is it didge??

do you have a little generals hat that you put on and shout at the screen as you move you're little men around??

now wonder you thought Russia had troops in Ukraine - you were playing games and got all confused  ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Oh smelly buggar off and argue in another thread.
Why does every bloody thread in here turn into a war?

Or are you boys playing a little war game? You going to get your generals out smelly?  lol! 


its a "military strategy" thread

war is the name of the game

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:22 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

is this where all youre military knowledge comes from is it didge??

do you have a little generals hat that you put on and shout at the screen as you move you're little men around??

now wonder you thought Russia had troops in Ukraine - you were playing games and got all confused  ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Oh smelly buggar off and argue in another thread.
Why does every bloody thread in here turn into a war?

Or are you boys playing a little war game? You going to get your generals out smelly?  lol! 


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

It was fantastic.
I remember I loved his weird-shaped dice lol



If I remember right, you had a four sided dice, an eight, a ten, a twelve and a twenty, though has been a long time

Yep sounds about right  Laughing 

_________________
"It's always the same, you're jumping someone else's train” ~ The Cure
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35588
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Military Strategy Games

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum