Sky

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sky

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:57 pm

This has to be one of the worst companies ever.

We've recently been having problems with our broadband and phone, in that you can only have one on or the other but most recently the broadband has been going down altogether.

They don't seem to know what they are doing at all, when they diagnose the fault, then send BT/Openplan (whetever they are called) and they say something completely different.

Was it as bad as this when it was just BT and these communication issues never existed?

Sky was supposed to call me back yesterday to arrange to send a broadband engineer out but didn't so i had to ring them up and be mocking and rude down the phone to them for half an hour today  Laughing 

I was thinking about switching to Virgin Media.....What are they like?

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky

Post by Cass on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:52 pm

my mum had terrible problems with BT in trying to explain my stepfather's death and closing up accounts - they've been right arseholes but have to say sky was ace and so nice to her!

mind you she has been battling the satellite Tv company over here now for a few weeks. its something we went through as all services are run on your credit score and of course we had zero credit history just like her - somehow that is a worse thing than having BAD credit history - messed up!

i really do think it depends on who is on other end of phone when you call.

good luck.

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Cass wrote:my mum had terrible problems with BT in trying to explain my stepfather's death and closing up accounts - they've been right arseholes but have to say sky was ace and so nice to her!

mind you she has been battling the satellite Tv company over here now for a few weeks. its something we went through as all services are run on your credit score and of course we had zero credit history just like her - somehow that is a worse thing than having BAD credit history - messed up!

i really do think it depends on who is on other end of phone when you call.

good luck.

I've spoken to different people.

It's to do with the line since i've tried two separate filters, two separate phones and two separate adapters.

They can sort it when they come on Tuesday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:37 pm

I have sky now because Virgin tv doesn't cover this area, sky are pretty bad but nothing comes close to Talk talk they are terrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:40 pm

FFS!

They just rang me to confirm stuff that is already on their notes, which i've repeated to them numerous times, prior to the engineer coming out on Tuesday. Mad 

They asked me about what boxes i've got in the property, as if that's got anything to do with it.

I said Virgin media and the BT box, and i'm gravitating more and more towards the Virgin media one with you people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:26 am

Nems wrote:I have sky now because Virgin tv doesn't cover this area, sky are pretty bad but nothing comes close to Talk talk they are terrible.

That is who mum switched to BT from. They were awful to her last year. Fair dis though they were ok with us when we cancelled early but cause he was military we were ok.

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:01 am

Cass wrote:
Nems wrote:I have sky now because Virgin tv doesn't cover this area, sky are pretty bad but nothing comes close to Talk talk they are terrible.

That is who mum switched to BT from. They were awful to her last year. Fair dis though they were ok with us when we cancelled early but cause he was military we were ok.

The only slight plus was it cost me nothing. They were always giving me refunds and goodwill payments  Rolling Eyes 
Had a letter fron sky explaining the advantages of insuring the box etc so that must be due to break down. Every time they do that  Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:36 am

We are virgins....................  Good to excellent on the whole.

last year we lost all internet.  Virgin not able to do as the problem appeared to be the line and BT's sole property.

BT have a three to five day policy of problem solving.

Ignorant engineer who made up a fault....Apparantly phone line never been wired properly............  10 years ago.

Bullshit

BT had been messing with main box near home.  Other houses were down.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:14 am

Sky is a Brit problem.  We have Comcast over here.  It's good service, but they are flim-flam men.  Every month they add $20 to the bill.  When you call they tell you: We added a flodgie to make your reception better.

But if you get angry or threaten to quit on them, the suddenly find a gloogle-dye-gorm, which of course reduces the price for 6-months.  Be sure and remember the price is going up, they will tell you.

Of course, you don't remember.  When you get that bill, they have added $50.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:Sky is a Brit problem.  We have Comcast over here.  It's good service, but they are flim-flam men.  Every month they add $20 to the bill.  When you call they tell you: We added a flodgie to make your reception better.

But if you get angry or threaten to quit on them, the suddenly find a gloogle-dye-gorm, which of course reduces the price for 6-months.  Be sure and remember the price is going up, they will tell you.

They sound like imbeciles Quill. Don't they know that you need a kwanglet plus3 to make a flodgie work properly??

~ Charles F. Kettering
eddie
king of beards. Keeper of the Whip. head cook and bottle washer. Senior mushroom muncher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:44 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Sky is a Brit problem.  We have Comcast over here.  It's good service, but they are flim-flam men.  Every month they add $20 to the bill.  When you call they tell you: We added a flodgie to make your reception better.

They sound like imbeciles Quill. Don't they know that you need a kwanglet plus3 to make a flodgie work properly??

Haha...that's a month and $40 later.

Terrorism: "..many fine people, on many sides" ― Donald Trump, Charlottesville, 8.15.17

"Work for America to fail whenever the other party is in power."
― Republican Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:22 am

I'd almost forgotten!  Laughing 

It turned out to be an ancient BT box, which they tend to rectify by sending you grey filters etc, that never really sort out the problems.

..Old leads from the router etc, added to the problems...There was a wire that was hanging out in the box in our joint hallway, when the last tenant move out and disturbed it.

....So now we have an up to date box, with built in filter.....Scream loud enough and you will get!  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 am

....They didn't want me ringing them up again!

Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:37 am

gerber wrote:We are virgins....................  Good to excellent on the whole.

last year we lost all internet.  Virgin not able to do as the problem appeared to be the line and BT's sole property.

Ignorant engineer who made up a fault....Apparantly phone line never been wired properly............  10 years ago.

Bullshit

I'm a virgin too, they are crap. The signal drops out at least 6 times a day, you press a button and keep getting 'this page cannot be displayed'. Then I have to re boot the connection, and sometimes the lap top as well.

And watching something on catch up on tv is a nightmare, its like watching a programme on an old, stretched video tape.

They always used to blame my old lap top when I complained so I bought a new one and its no better  Evil or Very Mad 
harvesmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:07 am

harvesmom wrote:
gerber wrote:We are virgins....................  Good to excellent on the whole.

Bullshit

I'm a virgin too, they are crap. The signal drops out at least 6 times a day, you press a button and keep getting 'this page cannot be displayed'. Then I have to re boot the connection, and sometimes the lap top as well.

And watching something on catch up on tv is a nightmare, its like watching a programme on an old, stretched video tape.

They always used to blame my old lap top when I complained so I bought a new one and its no better  Evil or Very Mad 

BT are the servers to Virgin.  Our speed is lamentable.  We dropped off BT's radar some time ago............  four years.  BT have no intention of fectifying the situation anytime soon.

Our MP is involved still no joy.

Hence that is why I am so slow on the quiz...................A pigeon could post faster with bean cans.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Philagain wrote:I'd almost forgotten!  Laughing 

It turned out to be an ancient BT box, which they tend to rectify by sending you grey filters etc, that never really sort out the problems.

..Old leads from the router etc, added to the problems...There was a wire that was hanging out in the box in our joint hallway, when the last tenant move out and disturbed it.

....So now we have an up to date box, with built in filter.....Scream loud enough and you will get!  Razz 
been with sky 10 years or so and it does have its problems at times but so do they all

the main one is the bullshit they fob people of with who don`t know any better

Old leads from the router

Are you talking about the network cable from the router to your computer ?

There was a wire that was hanging out in the box ...

depends on what box you are talking about the main line in to your house is it

A distribution box for a set of flats or a box in your house and if so what shape and colour is the box in your house

Your main line supply for phone and broadband only uses 2 wires if one of your wires was disconnected your phone and broadband would not work at all

if you are talking about this box

Or something similar then they should be a wire not connected
its the ring wire its not used anymore and is disconnected to reduce line noise

ps

you use a in line filter on this type of bt box

Last edited by Korban_Dallas on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Nems wrote:
Cass wrote:

The only slight plus was it cost me nothing. They were always giving me refunds and goodwill payments  Rolling Eyes 
Had a letter fron sky explaining the advantages of insuring the box etc so that must be due to break down. Every time they do that  Evil or Very Mad 
Thats a new one never heard that before
if you pay line renal and i know you do then they are responsible for its maintenance not you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Philagain wrote:I'd almost forgotten!  Laughing 

been with sky 10 years or so and it does have its problems at times but so do they all

A distribution box for a set of flats or a box in your house and if so what shape and colour is the box in your house

Your main line supply for phone and broadband only uses 2 wires if one of your wires was disconnected your phone and broadband would not work at all

ps

you don't use a in line filter on this type of bt box

They replaced the box with a new one, that has two sockets on rather than just the one originally, this cancelled out the need for a filter because they said that the filter was built into the new box.

They replaced one wire because the clip was knackered and didn't fit to the router very well.

In the joint entrance hallway that is shared with the tenant upstairs there was a wire hanging out of the box there, which they fixed.

Everything has been fine since and the phone connection is clearer and broadband speed has improved and is now very fast.  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Philagain wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

ps

you don't use a in line filter on this type of bt box

They replaced the box with a new one, that has two sockets on rather than just the one originally, this cancelled out the need for a filter because they said that the filter was built into the new box.( please post a picture .....sounds odd)

They replaced one wire because the clip was knackered and didn't fit to the router very well.this cable

In the joint entrance hallway that is shared with the tenant upstairs there was a wire hanging out of the box there, which they fixed.( as i say your phone/broadband actually only uses two wires without these connected you phone/broadband would not work full stop the main BT/Openreach cable does have redundancy and wires not connected don't necessarily mean they're connected at the other end and is probably unrelated to your problems)

Everything has been fine since and the phone connection is clearer and broadband speed has improved and is now very fast.  ::D:: 
glad to hear that they properly switched the pairs to another circuit ( the redundancy i mentioned ) and this solved the problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Philagain wrote:

They replaced the box with a new one, that has two sockets on rather than just the one originally, this cancelled out the need for a filter because they said that the filter was built into the new box.( please post a picture .....sounds odd)

They replaced one wire because the clip was knackered and didn't fit to the router very well.this cable

In the joint entrance hallway that is shared with the tenant upstairs there was a wire hanging out of the box there, which they fixed.( as i say your phone/broadband actually only uses two wires without these connected you phone/broadband would not work full stop the main BT/Openreach cable does have redundancy and wires not connected don't necessarily mean they're connected at the other end and is probably unrelated to your problems)

glad to hear that they properly switched the pairs to another circuit ( the redundancy i mentioned ) and this solved the problem

.....The box is like that one but without the logo, where as before it was just one entrance.

Tbf, he was talking a bit like you are and i couldn't really understand the technical stuff.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Philagain wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

.....The box is like that one but without the logo, where as before it was just one entrance.

Tbf, he was talking a bit like you are and i couldn't really understand the technical stuff.  Laughing
the black cable plugged into the filter is your phone and the white one goes to your router ....yea  seems odd that it has a external filter as well ......but hey if it anit broke don't fix it always say  :cheers:mine is the left one and has a built in filter (better)

Last edited by Korban_Dallas on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Philagain wrote:

the black cable plugged into the filter is your phone and the white one goes to your router ....yea  seems odd that it has a external filter as well ......but hey if it anit broke don't fix it always say  cheers

Mine doesn't need that adapter in though, anyways everything is working fine now!  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Philagain wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:
the black cable plugged into the filter is your phone and the white one goes to your router ....yea  seems odd that it has a external filter as well ......but hey if it anit broke don't fix it always say  cheers

Mine doesn't need that adapter in though, anyways everything is working fine now!  ::D:: 
AH!! that makes more sense  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum