Sky TV...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sky TV...

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2014 11:16 pm

I like watching the telly at nights when I get the chance , but sky telly movies is so repetitive, although I do like the the crime documentaries ..

Has anyone got really good movie packages with their provider ...like may be Virgin?

If so are they about the same as Sky or even more shit?...or even better? cheers 

Back to top Go down

Re: Sky TV...

Post by xtras on Sat May 31, 2014 11:18 pm

have you not got on demand? loads of movies in there
xtras

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2014 11:25 pm

xtras wrote:have you not got on demand? loads of movies in there

Hey xtras!

Isn't that the thing that just shows movies that are already on the movie channels but at a different time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 31, 2014 11:26 pm

I don't have cable/satellite, I stream most of what I watch on TV -- I've got Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, MLS Live for my FC Dallas games and the rest I watch either via antenna or disk.

Just checked and saw that you can't get Hulu in the UK, but that's fine because it pretty much sucks. Here in the U.S., Netflix streaming is a pretty good deal, you can get a lot for around $10 a month. Don't know about the UK but it might be worth checking out, they have a lot of movies. Amazon Prime is even cheaper, but you pay for some of the content and you have to pay one yearly bill instead of by month.

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2014 11:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I don't have cable/satellite, I stream most of what I watch on TV -- I've got Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, MLS Live for my FC Dallas games and the rest I watch either via antenna or disk.

Just checked and saw that you can't get Hulu in the UK, but that's fine because it pretty much sucks. Here in the U.S., Netflix streaming is a pretty good deal, you can get a lot for around $10 a month. Don't know about the UK but it might be worth checking out, they have a lot of movies. Amazon Prime is even cheaper, but you pay for some of the content and you have to pay one yearly bill instead of by month.

So the Netflix Ben... Is that solely movies that you want to watch and choose and at any time?

Back to top Go down

Post by xtras on Sat May 31, 2014 11:30 pm

nope... i'm trying to find it now but they have changed the settings! when i know how i will say! bloody thing
xtras

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 pm

xtras wrote:nope... i'm trying to find it now but they have changed the settings! when i know how i will say! bloody thing

Laughing 

Bloody thing indeed!, ok , thank you Xtras Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I don't have cable/satellite, I stream most of what I watch on TV -- I've got Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, MLS Live for my FC Dallas games and the rest I watch either via antenna or disk.

So the Netflix Ben... Is that solely movies that you want to watch and choose and at any time?

On the streaming part it is, they also have a disk-through-the-mail service that lets you get more new releases sooner. The streaming part has around 9,000-10,000 movies that you can watch any time you want, but bear in mind, the offerings change and a lot of them are more obscure movies. Still quite a lot of good stuff on there, though. For instance, they put the Avengers movie on streaming at about the same time it came out on DVD.

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 31, 2014 11:33 pm

Should add, they have tons of TV series on there, too.

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by xtras on Sat May 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Joy Division wrote:
xtras wrote:nope... i'm trying to find it now but they have changed the settings! when i know how i will say! bloody thing

Laughing 

Bloody thing indeed!, ok , thank you Xtras Smile

aaah right, go to sky movies on demand, then click on home at the top it opens a menu you type in a film it will show Smile
xtras

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2014 11:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Should add, they have tons of TV series on there, too.

I'm sure my daughter has mentioned these things on demand before Ben, I might nip through later to get her to show me how to do this on demand!

I'm not too into series , I did like Friends, but I love the films Christine and the Duel...superb !!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 31, 2014 11:38 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Should add, they have tons of TV series on there, too.

I'm sure my daughter has mentioned these things on demand before Ben, I might nip through later to get her to show me how to do this on demand!

I'm not too into series , I did like Friends, but I love the films  Christine and the Duel...superb !!!!!

If you do get Netflix, they have the entire run of 'Scrubs' on it, which you might like if you're a 'Friends' fan -- most of the run is worth watching, too Smile

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 31, 2014 11:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I'm not too into series , I did like Friends, but I love the films  Christine and the Duel...superb !!!!!

If you do get Netflix, they have the entire run of 'Scrubs' on it, which you might like if you're a 'Friends' fan -- most of the run is worth watching, too Smile

Hey Ben, I've heard of Scrubs, but never had a clue it was similar to friends !!

I'm so distrusting if modern episodes do programmes nowadays as I think the most of the best has already been produced!

Thanks Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:03 am

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Hey Ben, I've heard of Scrubs, but never had a clue it was similar to friends !!

I'm so distrusting if modern episodes do programmes nowadays as I think the most of the best has already been produced!

Thanks Ben.

It's good -- funny without being dumb, smart without being pretentious Smile

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:06 am

Now that I think about, though, some of the plots won't translate as well -- there's one episode, for example, where the doctors try to save a dying patient who doesn't have health insurance by billing the procedure to the insurance company of a different patient who recently died. Guess nobody's ever had to try a stunt like that in the UK ...

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:08 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Thanks Ben.

Sounds good!... I must start to watch this Ben Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:10 am

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Thanks Ben.

Cool! I'm actually a little jealous you get to enjoy it for the first time Smile

Cory Doctorow, Walkaway
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:06 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Cool! I'm actually a little jealous you get to enjoy it for the first time Smile

yo ben - didja ya watch The Blacklist or Turn? both excellent

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:17 am

Cost me £15 quid to watch the big fight tonight. Used to get these sporting events for just the cost of an annual licence fee.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:25 am

Irn Bru wrote:Cost me £15 quid to watch the big fight tonight. Used to get these sporting events for just the cost of an annual licence fee.

It's a shocker Irn,,,I seen the price advertised on telly, plus an additional £5 if booking by phone  What a Face 

I wanted groves to win,,,who won Irn?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:26 am

Joy Division wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Cost me £15 quid to watch the big fight tonight. Used to get these sporting events for just the cost of an annual licence fee.

It's a shocker Irn,,,I seen the price advertised on telly, plus an additional £5 if booking by phone  What a Face 

Groves was knocked out in round 9. Clean as a whistle.

Friedrich Hayek

Irn Bru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:28 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

...aw for Froch sake!!Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:29 am

Joy Division wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

...aw for Froch sake!!Sad

Laughing

Friedrich Hayek

Irn Bru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum