Take the RACISM QUIZ

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 31, 2014 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

In Blindspot, the authors reveal hidden biases based on their experience with the Implicit Association Test, a method that has revolutionized the way scientists learn about the human mind and that gives us a glimpse into what lies within the metaphoric blindspot.

The title’s “good people” are those of us who strive to align our behavior with our intentions. The aim of Blindspot is to explain the science in plain enough language to help well-intentioned people achieve that alignment. By gaining awareness, we can adapt beliefs and behavior and “outsmart the machine” in our heads so we can be fairer to those around us. Venturing into this book is an invitation to understand our own minds.

Here's the link to the test the authors used. I found it worked much better in Firefox than in Chrome, and I did it on my desktop computer.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/user/agg/blindspot/indexrk.htm

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26386
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 3:27 am

korban dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Here's the link to the test the authors used. I found it worked much better in Firefox than in Chrome, and I did it on my desktop computer.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/user/agg/blindspot/indexrk.htm
There were too many errors made to determine a result. for me ....i wonder what that means

perhaps i am crap at tests or i don`t see race

In your case Korben because of your dyslexia, I have no doubt it would be difficult for you to take, so it would not be a very fair test for you, as you have to react to words as much as pictures, so you are at a disadvantage from taking when it is based around speed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 4:01 am

Nemesis wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
There were too many errors made to determine a result. for me ....i wonder what that means

perhaps i am crap at tests or i don`t see race

In your case Korben because of your dyslexia, I have no doubt it would be difficult for you to take, so it would not be a very fair test for you, as you have to react to words as much as pictures, so you are at a disadvantage from taking when it is based around speed.
yes i think that is a fair assessment ,what i can say on the OP is i really don`t care what colour or race anybody is, its more about the person they are than the colour of there skin or indeed there religion


so crap at this kind of test is it then Smile Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 4:21 am

korban dallas wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

In your case Korben because of your dyslexia, I have no doubt it would be difficult for you to take, so it would not be a very fair test for you, as you have to react to words as much as pictures, so you are at a disadvantage from taking when it is based around speed.
yes i think that is a fair assessment ,what i can say on the OP is i really don`t care what colour or race anybody is, its more about the person they are than the colour of there skin or indeed there religion


so crap at this kind of test is it then Smile Razz

I know you would not be bothered Korben what colour or race people, because you are not racist and just as everyone else should be hence why I am stunned some people have taken a fun test out of all proportions. Yes I have taken the piss winding some of them up here, which shows more to the point why any of them would react. If a person is not racist, they would not get their knickers in a twist over something harmless

All the best

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 8:22 am

The fact that Ben keeps putting the link up like its actually a proper test of someone's character is what it stupid.
If it's a fun test stick it in recreation where most of us can ignore it.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 8:23 am

eddie wrote:Excellent.
Can you tell me, as a black man, what is racism?

Do you think I'm a racist because I can see colour, laugh with it, see it's flaws and stereotypes, see the beauty, admire the differences but still wish to live in a country that remains and retains its fundemental Englishness?


And are you black black or a bounty? Seriously.
And is that a racist question? Because I haven't met one black person who ever thought so.

(My dad was the opposite of a bounty whatever that is?)


Ps and no she's never said because your colour has been hugely irrelevant to me and probably to her, before now.
p

HF in case you missed it.
I'm only interested in your answer in this, sorry to everyone else

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 12, 2015 8:32 am

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:Excellent.
Can you tell me, as a black man, what is racism?

Do you think I'm a racist because I can see colour, laugh with it, see it's flaws and stereotypes, see the beauty, admire the differences but still wish to live in a country that remains and retains its fundemental Englishness?


And are you black black or a bounty? Seriously.
And is that a racist question? Because I haven't met one black person who ever thought so.

(My dad was the opposite of a bounty whatever that is?)


Ps and no she's never said because your colour has been hugely irrelevant to me and probably to her, before now.
p

HF in case you missed it.
I'm only interested in your answer in this, sorry to everyone else

I have a feeling he's not actually black. rabbit

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 12, 2015 8:33 am

eddie wrote:The fact that Ben keeps putting the link up like its actually a proper test of someone's character is what it stupid.
If it's a fun test stick it in recreation where most of us can ignore it.

Yes - I think it's Ben who's taking the test very seriously. Laughing

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 8:37 am

eddie wrote:The fact that Ben keeps putting the link up like its actually a proper test of someone's character is what it stupid.
If it's a fun test stick it in recreation where most of us can ignore it.


This was a test devised by Harvard, way better than a poor hypothesis devised for one intended purpose, of which backfired.
This is what makes me laugh about you, that you come over all high and mighty that "only a few of us are honest to answer these" and when the shoe is on the other foot, you kick off like some little girl who has not been given her sweets. The only dishonesty I see is coming from you Eddie, especially when you equate religion into race as you poorly did. I do not doubt you are not racist, what I do clearly now is you have issue with Muslims as people themselves and stereotype them from their ethnic groups. I think Islam is an appalling religion, but just like Christianity which is also appalling, the many people that follow the faith are nice people.
That is where you have issue with Leyton, it has a high Muslim population, so this is why you brought this up and it proves you are very xenophobic Eddie

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 8:48 am

Nemesis wrote:
eddie wrote:Excellent.
Can you tell me, as a black man, what is racism?

Do you think I'm a racist because I can see colour, laugh with it, see it's flaws and stereotypes, see the beauty, admire the differences but still wish to live in a country that remains and retains its fundemental Englishness?


And are you black black or a bounty? Seriously.
And is that a racist question? Because I haven't met one black person who ever thought so.

(My dad was the opposite of a bounty whatever that is?)


Ps and no she's never said because your colour has been hugely irrelevant to me and probably to her, before now.




7 Things Your Colorblind Racist Friend Might Say to You and How to Respond

Colorblind

What they say:

“People are just people.”  “I don’t see color.”  “We’re all just human.”   “Character, not color, is what counts with me.”

Response:

“Colorblindness” negates the cultural values, norms, expectations and life experiences of people of color. Even if an individual white person can ignore a person’s skin color, society does not.

Claiming to be “colorblind” can also be a defense when someone is afraid to discuss racism, especially if the assumption is that all conversation about race or color is racist.  Color consciousness does not equal racism.

- See more at: http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/02/10/7-things-color-blind-racist-friend-might-say-respond/#sthash.LGHTZ4Ho.dpuf

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 9:21 am

eddie wrote:Excellent.
Can you tell me, as a black man, what is racism?

Do you think I'm a racist because I can see colour, laugh with it, see it's flaws and stereotypes, see the beauty, admire the differences but still wish to live in a country that remains and retains its fundemental Englishness?


And are you black black or a bounty? Seriously.
And is that a racist question? Because I haven't met one black person who ever thought so.

(My dad was the opposite of a bounty whatever that is?)


Ps and no she's never said because your colour has been hugely irrelevant to me and probably to her, before now.

racism is really a joke, their are bad people in all colours, some stereo types are well founded blacks do love chicken and reggae, usual with great rhythm lol that's how stereo types became what they are but they do not account for everyone.
Hopefully if you show people you are good and honest and no threat wanting to get on you will be excepted.
I have had no problem mixing with any group I have wanted to be associated with, that may be because I have never wanted extra rights or consideration I just want to be treated as a human being and i treat others the same way .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 9:23 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
eddie wrote:Excellent.
Can you tell me, as a black man, what is racism?

Do you think I'm a racist because I can see colour, laugh with it, see it's flaws and stereotypes, see the beauty, admire the differences but still wish to live in a country that remains and retains its fundemental Englishness?


And are you black black or a bounty? Seriously.
And is that a racist question? Because I haven't met one black person who ever thought so.

(My dad was the opposite of a bounty whatever that is?)


Ps and no she's never said because your colour has been hugely irrelevant to me and probably to her, before now.

racism is really a joke, their are bad people in all colours, some stereo types are well founded blacks do love chicken and reggae, usual with great rhythm lol that's how stereo types became what they are but they do not account for everyone.
Hopefully if you show people  you are good and honest and no threat wanting to get on you will be excepted.
I have had no problem mixing with any group I have wanted to be associated with, that may be because I have never wanted extra rights or consideration I just want to be treated as a human being and i treat others the same way .




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 9:28 am

I will have to watch that it looks really interesting.

is prejudice taught...?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 9:32 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:I will have to watch that it looks really interesting.

is prejudice taught...?




Is worth the watch.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 9:39 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:I will have to watch that it looks really interesting.

is prejudice taught...?




Is worth the watch.

yes I reckon it will be thank you.. Smile Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 9:39 am

Nemesis wrote:
eddie wrote:The fact that Ben keeps putting the link up like its actually a proper test of someone's character is what it stupid.
If it's a fun test stick it in recreation where most of us can ignore it.


This was a test devised by Harvard, way better than a poor hypothesis devised for one intended purpose, of which backfired.
This is what makes me laugh about you, that you come over all high and mighty that "only a few of us are honest to answer these" and when the shoe is on the other foot, you kick off like some little girl who has not been given her sweets. The only dishonesty I see is coming from you Eddie, especially when you equate religion into race as you poorly did. I do not doubt you are not racist, what I do clearly now is you have issue with Muslims as people themselves and stereotype them from their ethnic groups. I think Islam is an appalling religion, but just like Christianity which is also appalling, the many people that follow the faith are nice people.
That is where you have issue with Leyton, it has a high Muslim population, so this is why you brought this up and it proves you are very xenophobic Eddie

Don't have a problem with Muslims
Read previous hundreds of posts

Do have a problem with too many immigrants taking over whole areas of the country
If that makes you want to put a sticky label on me.....oh well.
Not bothered.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 12, 2015 9:40 am

I used to live in Leyton - well on the Leyton border.

Sorry - that was a bit random. Razz

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 9:42 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
eddie wrote:Excellent.
Can you tell me, as a black man, what is racism?

Do you think I'm a racist because I can see colour, laugh with it, see it's flaws and stereotypes, see the beauty, admire the differences but still wish to live in a country that remains and retains its fundemental Englishness?


And are you black black or a bounty? Seriously.
And is that a racist question? Because I haven't met one black person who ever thought so.

(My dad was the opposite of a bounty whatever that is?)


Ps and no she's never said because your colour has been hugely irrelevant to me and probably to her, before now.

racism is really a joke, their are bad people in all colours, some stereo types are well founded blacks do love chicken and reggae, usual with great rhythm lol that's how stereo types became what they are but they do not account for everyone.
Hopefully if you show people  you are good and honest and no threat wanting to get on you will be excepted.
I have had no problem mixing with any group I have wanted to be associated with, that may be because I have never wanted extra rights or consideration I just want to be treated as a human being and i treat others the same way .

Oh my gosh! Don't admit to stereotypes!!!! Not unless they are white ones!!!!
It's not allowed on here.
You get called racist.

Thanks for your reply.

I hate chicken but my love of reggae (proper only reggae not this crap drum and bass shit) is deep-ingrained in me.

Will have to start a reggae thread where I can chat to you about it

Can you tell when someone is a closet (but I'm trying hard not to be) racist?

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 9:43 am

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


This was a test devised by Harvard, way better than a poor hypothesis devised for one intended purpose, of which backfired.
This is what makes me laugh about you, that you come over all high and mighty that "only a few of us are honest to answer these" and when the shoe is on the other foot, you kick off like some little girl who has not been given her sweets. The only dishonesty I see is coming from you Eddie, especially when you equate religion into race as you poorly did. I do not doubt you are not racist, what I do clearly now is you have issue with Muslims as people themselves and stereotype them from their ethnic groups. I think Islam is an appalling religion, but just like Christianity which is also appalling, the many people that follow the faith are nice people.
That is where you have issue with Leyton, it has a high Muslim population, so this is why you brought this up and it proves you are very xenophobic Eddie

Don't have a problem with Muslims
Read previous hundreds of posts

Do have a problem with too many immigrants taking over whole areas of the country
If that makes you want to put a sticky label on me.....oh well.
Not bothered.


Lies, lies, lies.
Why do you have a problem with Leyton?
Taking over?
These people who are immigrants you do realise their children will be British, so how are they taking over, unless you do not count them as British?
So explain that to me, because clearly anyone born here is British, so how could they possibly take over that within a generation their children are British?
Come on Eddie, lets here here your next feeble excuse?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 12, 2015 9:44 am

eddie wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

racism is really a joke, their are bad people in all colours, some stereo types are well founded blacks do love chicken and reggae, usual with great rhythm lol that's how stereo types became what they are but they do not account for everyone.
Hopefully if you show people  you are good and honest and no threat wanting to get on you will be excepted.
I have had no problem mixing with any group I have wanted to be associated with, that may be because I have never wanted extra rights or consideration I just want to be treated as a human being and i treat others the same way .

Oh my gosh! Don't admit to stereotypes!!!! Not unless they are white ones!!!!
It's not allowed on here.
You get called racist.

Thanks for your reply.

I hate chicken but my love of reggae (proper only reggae not this crap drum and bass shit) is deep-ingrained in me.

Will have to start a reggae thread where I can chat to you about it

Can you tell when someone is a closet (but I'm trying hard not to be) racist?

I love reggae too. I'd quite like dreadlocks, but my hair isn't really long enough. Laughing

I don't eat chicken - I don't eat any meat except fish.

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 9:45 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I used to live in Leyton - well on the Leyton border.

Sorry - that was a bit random. Razz

Have you been there lately?
Raggs, if there were one or two Islam/0polish shops there'd be not a problem.

The whole high street was just continual Islamic shops and Eastern European shops.
Now you tell me, if you lived there, and that was your home, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off that you couldn't shop down there anymore because there were no shops for you anymore?
It's not balanced - which I've no problem with - it's completely pushed English people out.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 9:47 am

Nemesis wrote:
eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


This was a test devised by Harvard, way better than a poor hypothesis devised for one intended purpose, of which backfired.
This is what makes me laugh about you, that you come over all high and mighty that "only a few of us are honest to answer these" and when the shoe is on the other foot, you kick off like some little girl who has not been given her sweets. The only dishonesty I see is coming from you Eddie, especially when you equate religion into race as you poorly did. I do not doubt you are not racist, what I do clearly now is you have issue with Muslims as people themselves and stereotype them from their ethnic groups. I think Islam is an appalling religion, but just like Christianity which is also appalling, the many people that follow the faith are nice people.
That is where you have issue with Leyton, it has a high Muslim population, so this is why you brought this up and it proves you are very xenophobic Eddie

Don't have a problem with Muslims
Read previous hundreds of posts

Do have a problem with too many immigrants taking over whole areas of the country
If that makes you want to put a sticky label on me.....oh well.
Not bothered.


Lies, lies, lies.
Why do you have a problem with Leyton?
Taking over?
These people who are immigrants you do realise their children will be British, so how are they taking over, unless you do not count them as British?
So explain that to me, because clearly anyone born here is British, so how could they possibly take over that within a generation their children are British?
Come on Eddie, lets here here your next feeble excuse?


You don't read things property so there's no point didge
perhaos you'll see my answer to Raggs and understand

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 12, 2015 9:49 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I used to live in Leyton - well on the Leyton border.

Sorry - that was a bit random. Razz

Have you been there lately?
Raggs, if there were one or two Islam/0polish shops there'd be not a problem.

The whole high street was just continual Islamic shops and Eastern European shops.
Now you tell me, if you lived there, and that was your home, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off that you couldn't shop down there anymore because there were no shops for you anymore?
It's not balanced - which I've no problem with - it's completely pushed English people out.

No I haven't eddie. I lived there in the '90s. I think it was technically Leytonstone, but the nearest tube station was Leyton.

I think it would depend on what the shops sold. I don't eat meat anyway, but if I did and I could only get Halal meat, I suppose I wouldn't like that.


_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 9:49 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I used to live in Leyton - well on the Leyton border.

Sorry - that was a bit random. Razz

Have you been there lately?
Raggs, if there were one or two Islam/0polish shops there'd be not a problem.

The whole high street was just continual Islamic shops and Eastern European shops.
Now you tell me, if you lived there, and that was your home, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off that you couldn't shop down there anymore because there were no shops for you anymore?
It's not balanced - which I've no problem with - it's completely pushed English people out.



The Horror.
Oh my goodness, call out the army,  there is multicultural shops, where their children are going to be British and this just adds more cultures to our country which has been founded on countless cultures.
No I would not be pissed off, because the very fact British imports of immigrants have changed the face of continents and countries today, does not have people whinging like you.
Seriously, when was the last time you went to Spain, with all the little Britain areas there?
That has to be the most pathetic argument, maybe go there and eat and enjoy yourself and get to know the cultures better then you might not be so utterly xenophobic
Demographics change all the time, you seriously could do with a little more culture in your life and if you have traveled extensively like I have in my life, you would appreciate them more

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 9:51 am

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


Lies, lies, lies.
Why do you have a problem with Leyton?
Taking over?
These people who are immigrants you do realise their children will be British, so how are they taking over, unless you do not count them as British?
So explain that to me, because clearly anyone born here is British, so how could they possibly take over that within a generation their children are British?
Come on Eddie, lets here here your next feeble excuse?


You don't read things property so there's no point didge
perhaos you'll see my answer to Raggs and understand


Copout again, you are just clearly ignorant of cultures Eddie, and that is your problem, I saw your answer to Rags and that was ignorant also.
So again answer thee questions, as you might actually learn something

Why do you have a problem with Leyton?
Taking over?
These people who are immigrants you do realise their children will be British, so how are they taking over, unless you do not count them as British?
So explain that to me, because clearly anyone born here is British, so how could they possibly take over that within a generation their children are British?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 9:53 am

eddie wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

racism is really a joke, their are bad people in all colours, some stereo types are well founded blacks do love chicken and reggae, usual with great rhythm lol that's how stereo types became what they are but they do not account for everyone.
Hopefully if you show people  you are good and honest and no threat wanting to get on you will be excepted.
I have had no problem mixing with any group I have wanted to be associated with, that may be because I have never wanted extra rights or consideration I just want to be treated as a human being and i treat others the same way .

Oh my gosh! Don't admit to stereotypes!!!! Not unless they are white ones!!!!
It's not allowed on here.
You get called racist.

Thanks for your reply.

I hate chicken but my love of reggae (proper only reggae not this crap drum and bass shit) is deep-ingrained in me.

Will have to start a reggae thread where I can chat to you about it

Can you tell when someone is a closet (but I'm trying hard not to be) racist?

There is something about reaggae it's like a beautiful summers day in your heart, it makes you want to sing and dance , just amazing... can be incredible political too...
A thread would be awesome.

the worse ones are those who claim not to be but some of their words betray them or you just know they are looking down on you or treat you like you are stupid, that to me is more aggravating than those who make it clear they don't want to be even in the same room, i'm not saying the reaction is always about colour sometimes you just don't like someone and that's fair enough but that is also sometimes perceived as a racist thing and it isn't it is a personality thing.
I have known people who like a token black friend just to show they are not prejudice, pretty amazing how some people think.. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 9:58 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I used to live in Leyton - well on the Leyton border.

Sorry - that was a bit random. Razz

Have you been there lately?
Raggs, if there were one or two Islam/0polish shops there'd be not a problem.

The whole high street was just continual Islamic shops and Eastern European shops.
Now you tell me, if you lived there, and that was your home, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off that you couldn't shop down there anymore because there were no shops for you anymore?
It's not balanced - which I've no problem with - it's completely pushed English people out.

No I haven't eddie. I lived there in the '90s. I think it was technically Leytonstone, but the nearest tube station was Leyton.

I think it would depend on what the shops sold. I don't eat meat anyway, but if I did and I could only get Halal meat, I suppose I wouldn't like that.


Well,it's not just halal meat shops (which I don't have a problem with tbh) it's Islamic books and loads and loads of shops that are just catered to one kind of people (Muslims, Indians and Eastern Europeans) and not any English people.
So how is that fair?

I don't think that it's fair when certain areas are taken over by one or two groups.

It's like when you go to Spain or any other country like that! Is it fair to make a whole area totally English?? No it isn't! I bet the people of that county get mightily pissed off and rightly so!

My Asian friend and I travelled through Layton the other day and I said to her "this is a pretty horrible place to live now, I bet English people feel pushed out"
She said "I wouldn't live here!"

Now of course when I say English I mean English - not whites only as some seem to think I mean.

Anyway, sainsburys shopping has arrived. Chat later

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 10:02 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
eddie wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

racism is really a joke, their are bad people in all colours, some stereo types are well founded blacks do love chicken and reggae, usual with great rhythm lol that's how stereo types became what they are but they do not account for everyone.
Hopefully if you show people  you are good and honest and no threat wanting to get on you will be excepted.
I have had no problem mixing with any group I have wanted to be associated with, that may be because I have never wanted extra rights or consideration I just want to be treated as a human being and i treat others the same way .

Oh my gosh! Don't admit to stereotypes!!!! Not unless they are white ones!!!!
It's not allowed on here.
You get called racist.

Thanks for your reply.

I hate chicken but my love of reggae (proper only reggae not this crap drum and bass shit) is deep-ingrained in me.

Will have to start a reggae thread where I can chat to you about it

Can you tell when someone is a closet (but I'm trying hard not to be) racist?

There is something about reaggae it's like a beautiful summers day in your heart, it makes you want to sing and dance , just amazing... can be incredible political too...
A thread would be awesome.

the worse ones are those who claim not to be but some of their words betray them or you just know they are looking down on you or treat you like you are stupid, that to me is more aggravating than those who make it clear they don't want to be even in the same room, i'm not saying the reaction is always about colour sometimes you just don't like someone and that's fair enough but that is also sometimes perceived as a racist thing and it isn't it is a personality thing.
I have known people who like a token black friend just to show they are not prejudice, pretty amazing how some people think.. Smile

HF I know all these things - I grew up,with black people, intelligent people who loved nothing more than a Good debate about race among other things.
I suffered my own racism too, so know how it feels to a small extent.

Do you think it's racist or another label lol, to want to keep a country basically true to the country it is? And note I said "basically" as I've absolutely zero problem with multi-culturalism; but when areas are turned complete the other way, well isn't that the opposite of multi-culturalism????

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 10:03 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No I haven't eddie. I lived there in the '90s. I think it was technically Leytonstone, but the nearest tube station was Leyton.

I think it would depend on what the shops sold. I don't eat meat anyway, but if I did and I could only get Halal meat, I suppose I wouldn't like that.


Well,it's not just halal meat shops (which I don't have a problem with tbh) it's Islamic books and loads and loads of shops that are just catered to one kind of people (Muslims, Indians and Eastern Europeans) and not any English people.
So how is that fair?

I don't think that it's fair when certain areas are taken over by one or two groups.

It's like when you go to Spain or any other country like that! Is it fair to make a whole area totally English?? No it isn't! I bet the people of that county get mightily pissed off and rightly so!

My Asian friend and I travelled through Layton the other day and I said to her "this is a pretty horrible place to live now, I bet English people feel pushed out"
She said "I wouldn't live here!"

Now of course when I say English I mean English - not whites only as some seem to think I mean.

Anyway, sainsburys shopping has arrived. Chat later



yeah is so unfair that these shops are just in one area, and if you go just a little distance its all British shops again. Wow its so unfair to drive a little further or even walk to where you want something.
Seriously, how lame an argument is that. You do realise we have had in this country for years places like in London called China town.
I do not believe a word you say in regards to friends Eddie, that is just made up Bullshit to try and back your negative xenophobic views. As seen we have areas just as in the US which are predominantly of an ethnicity, so what, it adds to the culture. All again I am seeing is your adverse dislike for things Muslims. It shows you have never really traveled, as if you did you would be in such areas all the time soaking up different cultures. Nobody is asking you to shop there, but clearly others are and want to and they do not whinge and moan if they have little in another area, because just like you they can travel to that area.
Seriously what the hell is wrong with a choice?


Seriously what a dinosaur.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 12, 2015 10:07 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No I haven't eddie. I lived there in the '90s. I think it was technically Leytonstone, but the nearest tube station was Leyton.

I think it would depend on what the shops sold. I don't eat meat anyway, but if I did and I could only get Halal meat, I suppose I wouldn't like that.


Well,it's not just halal meat shops (which I don't have a problem with tbh) it's Islamic books and loads and loads of shops that are just catered to one kind of people (Muslims, Indians and Eastern Europeans) and not any English people.
So how is that fair?

I don't think that it's fair when certain areas are taken over by one or two groups.

It's like when you go to Spain or any other country like that! Is it fair to make a whole area totally English?? No it isn't! I bet the people of that county get mightily pissed off and rightly so!

My Asian friend and I travelled through Layton the other day and I said to her "this is a pretty horrible place to live now, I bet English people feel pushed out"
She said "I wouldn't live here!"

Now of course when I say English I mean English - not whites only as some seem to think I mean.

Anyway, sainsburys shopping has arrived. Chat later

I suppose that English people are free to set up shops themselves. They probably do their shopping elsewhere. I worked in central London, so I didn't really go shopping locally. I do recall a nice florist's shop though. Laughing

I think it's more of an issue in places like Boston in Lincolnshire, where there was a sudden influx of Eastern Europeans, and everything changed very quickly.

You're right about places like Spain. I don't think that anyone would say that Spanish people who complained about Brits "taking over" were racist or intolerant, they would just say they're trying to preserve their culture. Unfortunately, English people aren't allowed to have a culture - not without being labelled as racist anyway.


Last edited by Raggamuffin on Tue May 12, 2015 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 10:22 am

eddie wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

There is something about reaggae it's like a beautiful summers day in your heart, it makes you want to sing and dance , just amazing... can be incredible political too...
A thread would be awesome.

the worse ones are those who claim not to be but some of their words betray them or you just know they are looking down on you or treat you like you are stupid, that to me is more aggravating than those who make it clear they don't want to be even in the same room, i'm not saying the reaction is always about colour sometimes you just don't like someone and that's fair enough but that is also sometimes perceived as a racist thing and it isn't it is a personality thing.
I have known people who like a token black friend just to show they are not prejudice, pretty amazing how some people think.. Smile

HF I know all these things - I grew up,with black people, intelligent people who loved nothing more than a Good debate about race among other things.
I suffered my own racism too, so know how it feels to a small extent.

Do you think it's racist or another label lol,  to want to keep a country basically true to the country it is? And note I said "basically" as I've absolutely zero problem with multi-culturalism; but when areas are turned complete the other way, well isn't that the opposite of multi-culturalism????
people will always band together it seems to be an instinctive thing but when a culture wants to control an area and demands special rules it is racism, you should embrace the culture you moved in to, have you ever noticed the chinese turn up everywhere, demand nothing, just set about making a life and people barely seem to notice they are there, that is the best way to do it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 10:27 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
eddie wrote:

HF I know all these things - I grew up,with black people, intelligent people who loved nothing more than a Good debate about race among other things.
I suffered my own racism too, so know how it feels to a small extent.

Do you think it's racist or another label lol,  to want to keep a country basically true to the country it is? And note I said "basically" as I've absolutely zero problem with multi-culturalism; but when areas are turned complete the other way, well isn't that the opposite of multi-culturalism????
people will always band together it seems to be an instinctive thing but when a culture wants to control an area and demands special rules it is racism, you should embrace the culture you moved in to, have you ever noticed the chinese turn up everywhere, demand nothing, just set about making a life and people barely seem to notice they are there, that is the best way to do it.


Or being that we are a very tolerant country we try to accomadate all cultures and not wrongly think they will not add tot he country, with the likes of their food, dress etc. How do you think the music industry changed, was because of different cultures that added to it. Without it, no doubt people would still be morris dancing. People are not demanding anything when they want to set up a shop it is some people here who seem to take issue that this is in some way wrong. Well if the Chinese are quite, then what on earth is China Town in London then HF? You see people wrongly think people are demanding something, when the only thing I see them do is to build places of worship for a growing need, how is that in some way wrong?
So there is no special rules, what you have to ask is what is wrong with building specialist shops to cater for a growing need of people which actually adds to this country.
Seriously most of things we love like Tea, curries, Italian, Mexican food are all imports, so people are really making an unfounded argument. In other words they are looking for reasons to moan, when they have no real reason to do so.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 10:38 am

In fact near most shops that cater food for example in a high street are not English:

Amercian:
KFC
Burger King
McDonalds
Dominos
Pizza Hut
Starbucks
Subway


Followed by

Indian Restaurants
Chinese
Thai
Italian
Nepalese
Japanese



I could go on the list is endless but because people have become accustomed to these countless non-English shops, they have come to see them as very much as part of society, which clearly shows we certainly like far more foreign food than we do English due to demand.

This is just on food alone, so does anyone not go to any of these food outlets because they are not English?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 11:02 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No I haven't eddie. I lived there in the '90s. I think it was technically Leytonstone, but the nearest tube station was Leyton.

I think it would depend on what the shops sold. I don't eat meat anyway, but if I did and I could only get Halal meat, I suppose I wouldn't like that.


Well,it's not just halal meat shops (which I don't have a problem with tbh) it's Islamic books and loads and loads of shops that are just catered to one kind of people (Muslims, Indians and Eastern Europeans) and not any English people.
So how is that fair?

I don't think that it's fair when certain areas are taken over by one or two groups.

It's like when you go to Spain or any other country like that! Is it fair to make a whole area totally English?? No it isn't! I bet the people of that county get mightily pissed off and rightly so!

My Asian friend and I travelled through Layton the other day and I said to her "this is a pretty horrible place to live now, I bet English people feel pushed out"
She said "I wouldn't live here!"

Now of course when I say English I mean English - not whites only as some seem to think I mean.

Anyway, sainsburys shopping has arrived. Chat later

I suppose that English people are free to set up shops themselves. They probably do their shopping elsewhere. I worked in central London, so I didn't really go shopping locally. I do recall a nice florist's shop though. Laughing

I think it's more of an issue in places like Boston in Lincolnshire, where there was a sudden influx of Eastern Europeans, and everything changed very quickly.

You're right about places like Spain. I don't think that anyone would say that Spanish people who complained about Brits "taking over" were racist or intolerant, they would just say they're trying to preserve their culture. Unfortunately, English people aren't allowed to have a culture - not without labelled as racist anyway.

Exactly. I've seen the left using the Spain argument to argue against what the English are doing there......yet it's okay here?

Like I've said; it's racism against your own now. It's lol the rage and very "in" lol!

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue May 12, 2015 11:06 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I suppose that English people are free to set up shops themselves. They probably do their shopping elsewhere. I worked in central London, so I didn't really go shopping locally. I do recall a nice florist's shop though. Laughing

I think it's more of an issue in places like Boston in Lincolnshire, where there was a sudden influx of Eastern Europeans, and everything changed very quickly.

You're right about places like Spain. I don't think that anyone would say that Spanish people who complained about Brits "taking over" were racist or intolerant, they would just say they're trying to preserve their culture. Unfortunately, English people aren't allowed to have a culture - not without labelled as racist anyway.

Exactly. I've seen the left using the Spain argument to argue against what the English are doing there......yet it's okay here?

Like I've said; it's racism against your own now. It's lol the rage and very "in" lol!

Yes, one has to get down with the kids and get with the programme. Laughing

_________________

"I could be wrong now, but I don't think so!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33163
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 11:09 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I suppose that English people are free to set up shops themselves. They probably do their shopping elsewhere. I worked in central London, so I didn't really go shopping locally. I do recall a nice florist's shop though. Laughing

I think it's more of an issue in places like Boston in Lincolnshire, where there was a sudden influx of Eastern Europeans, and everything changed very quickly.

You're right about places like Spain. I don't think that anyone would say that Spanish people who complained about Brits "taking over" were racist or intolerant, they would just say they're trying to preserve their culture. Unfortunately, English people aren't allowed to have a culture - not without labelled as racist anyway.

Exactly. I've seen the left using the Spain argument to argue against what the English are doing there......yet it's okay here?

Like I've said; it's racism against your own now. It's lol the rage and very "in" lol!



But do the Spanish mind Eddie, being as 1 million Brits live there?
You seem to make many presumptions
The fact is most of your arguments is about not accommodating, but hey ho, you wish to avoid, which says to me, you have no answer.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 11:31 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
people will always band together it seems to be an instinctive thing but when a culture wants to control an area and demands special rules it is racism, you should embrace the culture you moved in to, have you ever noticed the chinese turn up everywhere, demand nothing, just set about making a life and people barely seem to notice they are there, that is the best way to do it.


Or being that we are a very tolerant country we try to accomadate all cultures and not wrongly think they will not add tot he country, with the likes of their food, dress etc. How do you think the music industry changed, was because of different cultures that added to it. Without it, no doubt people would still be morris dancing. People are not demanding anything when they want to set up a shop it is some people here who seem to take issue that this is in some way wrong. Well if the Chinese are quite, then what on earth is China Town in London then HF? You see people wrongly think people are demanding something, when the only thing I see them do is to build places of worship for a growing need, how is that in some way wrong?
So there is no special rules, what you have to ask is what is wrong with building specialist shops to cater for a growing need of people which actually adds to this country.
Seriously most of things we love like Tea, curries, Italian, Mexican food are all imports, so people are really making an unfounded argument. In other words they are looking for reasons to moan, when they have no real reason to do so.

It works both ways or it should, are places of worship accepted by other all around the world, oddly enough no they are not, that needs addressing.
the reaction of certain factions to being told no is very noticeable.
the attitude to the way the places of worship are asked for not demanded makes a difference.

it is a fact that you can go about things the wrong way, if people feel a certain group are demanding not asking or are somehow favoured trouble will follow.

clearly no one fears the chinese that seems to make their presence more acceptable.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 11:37 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:


Or being that we are a very tolerant country we try to accomadate all cultures and not wrongly think they will not add tot he country, with the likes of their food, dress etc. How do you think the music industry changed, was because of different cultures that added to it. Without it, no doubt people would still be morris dancing. People are not demanding anything when they want to set up a shop it is some people here who seem to take issue that this is in some way wrong. Well if the Chinese are quite, then what on earth is China Town in London then HF? You see people wrongly think people are demanding something, when the only thing I see them do is to build places of worship for a growing need, how is that in some way wrong?
So there is no special rules, what you have to ask is what is wrong with building specialist shops to cater for a growing need of people which actually adds to this country.
Seriously most of things we love like Tea, curries, Italian, Mexican food are all imports, so people are really making an unfounded argument. In other words they are looking for reasons to moan, when they have no real reason to do so.

It works both ways or it should, are places of worship accepted by other all around the world, oddly enough no they are not, that needs addressing.
the reaction of certain factions to being told no is very noticeable.
the attitude to the way the places of worship are asked for not demanded makes a difference.

it is a fact that you can go about things the wrong way, if people feel a certain group are demanding not asking or are somehow favoured trouble will follow.

clearly no one fears the chinese that seems to make their presence more acceptable.



Of course it should work both ways, but other countries are not like us and hence why we lead the way in showing how nations should be tolerant. It does not mean if others are not tolerant, we should not be also, as we then become as intolerant as they are. So again who is demanding? It seems to be you yourself that is demanding here to have things a certain way, one that denies accommodation. Oh a time back a few decades they certainly feared the Chinese and made a big point of saying so. Just look at the Korean war for example in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Chinese_sentiment_in_the_United_States


Not so much here, but you see they created here China town and nobody complained did they or even for their places of worship.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 11:48 am

Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

It works both ways or it should, are places of worship accepted by other all around the world, oddly enough no they are not, that needs addressing.
the reaction of certain factions to being told no is very noticeable.
the attitude to the way the places of worship are asked for not demanded makes a difference.

it is a fact that you can go about things the wrong way, if people feel a certain group are demanding not asking or are somehow favoured trouble will follow.

clearly no one fears the chinese that seems to make their presence more acceptable.



Of course it should work both ways, but other countries are not like us and hence why we lead the way in showing how nations should be tolerant. It does not mean if others are not tolerant, we should not be also, as we then become as intolerant as they are. So again who is demanding? It seems to be you yourself that is demanding here to have things a certain way, one that denies accommodation. Oh a time back a few decades they certainly feared the Chinese and made a big point of saying so. Just look at the Korean war for example in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Chinese_sentiment_in_the_United_States


Not so much here, but you see they created here China town and nobody complained did they or even for their places of worship.


with some groups they take tolerance as weakness and it goes on and on and before you know it is too late.

the other problem is if you dome to a country because you like it why set about making it like the place you left, the country should protect itself as an original and unique culture of it's own

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 11:51 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:



Of course it should work both ways, but other countries are not like us and hence why we lead the way in showing how nations should be tolerant. It does not mean if others are not tolerant, we should not be also, as we then become as intolerant as they are. So again who is demanding? It seems to be you yourself that is demanding here to have things a certain way, one that denies accommodation. Oh a time back a few decades they certainly feared the Chinese and made a big point of saying so. Just look at the Korean war for example in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Chinese_sentiment_in_the_United_States


Not so much here, but you see they created here China town and nobody complained did they or even for their places of worship.


with some groups they take tolerance as weakness and it goes on and on and before you know it is too late.

the other problem is if you dome to a country because you like it why set about making it like the place you left, the country should protect itself as an original and unique culture of it's own



The vast majority of people do come to this country because of its historical connection because many like in Indian have this connection and many come because they like it. Some do not, this is true, and thatis a problem, but the vast majority come here to work and start a new better life for themselves.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by eddie on Tue May 12, 2015 11:52 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

It works both ways or it should, are places of worship accepted by other all around the world, oddly enough no they are not, that needs addressing.
the reaction of certain factions to being told no is very noticeable.
the attitude to the way the places of worship are asked for not demanded makes a difference.

it is a fact that you can go about things the wrong way, if people feel a certain group are demanding not asking or are somehow favoured trouble will follow.

clearly no one fears the chinese that seems to make their presence more acceptable.



Of course it should work both ways, but other countries are not like us and hence why we lead the way in showing how nations should be tolerant. It does not mean if others are not tolerant, we should not be also, as we then become as intolerant as they are. So again who is demanding? It seems to be you yourself that is demanding here to have things a certain way, one that denies accommodation. Oh a time back a few decades they certainly feared the Chinese and made a big point of saying so. Just look at the Korean war for example in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Chinese_sentiment_in_the_United_States


Not so much here, but you see they created here China town and nobody complained did they or even for their places of worship.


with some groups they take tolerance as weakness and it goes on and on and before you know it is too late.

the other problem is if you dome to a country because you like it why set about making it like the place you left, the country should protect itself as an original and unique culture of it's own

Spot on.
And I go to France - my favourite place in the world - I want the very frenchness of it!

I don't want to move to Spain and live where it's "English" !!

I may as well stay my arse At home if that's the case Rolling Eyes

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38243
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 11:58 am

eddie wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:


with some groups they take tolerance as weakness and it goes on and on and before you know it is too late.

the other problem is if you dome to a country because you like it why set about making it like the place you left, the country should protect itself as an original and unique culture of it's own

Spot on.
And I go to France - my favourite place in the world - I want the very frenchness of it!

I don't want to move to Spain and live where it's "English" !!

I may as well stay my arse At home if that's the case Rolling Eyes



Then clearly you would be visiting the wrong places in Spain

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Take the RACISM QUIZ - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the RACISM QUIZ

Post by Guest on Tue May 12, 2015 12:14 pm


 VOD loves this one, have a listen edds..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum