Wonder who sent me this PM?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Wonder who sent me this PM?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Tue May 20, 2014 7:56 am

First topic message reminder :

By the way, the ---- word is the banned term here that starts with a "C" and is the lovely Brit term for vagina

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 21, 2014 8:01 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Mmmm-kay. This may not go down well, but I have to share a little something with you guys. As the founding admin I have had a LOT of you warn me that a LOT of you are big frogturds, at one point or another. I got this a lot between last December and last February, when nearly half of our current total membership signed up (more than one every two days).

I don't think it's cool to judge one stranger based on the advice of another stranger.

Wheras now you know us all better, you can judge for yourself who was trying to influence you and who was being straight with you.

Sky shut down for a multitude of reasons bottom line it was financial. They knew they were going to have to real time moderate or get sued both options expensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 21, 2014 11:34 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Mmmm-kay. This may not go down well, but I have to share a little something with you guys. As the founding admin I have had a LOT of you warn me that a LOT of you are big frogturds, at one point or another. I got this a lot between last December and last February, when nearly half of our current total membership signed up (more than one every two days).

I don't think it's cool to judge one stranger based on the advice of another stranger.

Oh I bet you did  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed May 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Sassy wrote:

Oh I bet you did  lol! 

Not from me. It's pathetic to PM an admin and trying to ingratiate yourself with them.

Ben has learned through various debates and rows with me that I am utterly charming

:askissas: 

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelthelove on Wed May 21, 2014 4:42 pm

I have to admit I tend to agree Ben, there are always two sides to every story. Generally comes back to bite me though

Queen of Smilies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Wed May 21, 2014 6:04 pm

I would never resort to PMing Admin constantly it is a no no in my book and two there is always another side I agee FTL xx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by feelthelove on Wed May 21, 2014 6:11 pm

David wrote:I would never resort to PMing Admin constantly it is a no no in my book and two there is always another side I agee FTL xx

Hi Lovely David x

When you are faced with as many strangers as Ben was I'm not surprised he decided to make up his own mind about each of us.  Actions speak louder than words doesn't quite work but you know what I mean

Hope you're well and having a good week xxx

Queen of Smilies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Wed May 21, 2014 6:26 pm

feelthelove wrote:
David wrote:I would never resort to PMing Admin constantly it is a no no in my book and two there is always another side I agee FTL xx

Hi Lovely David x

When you are faced with as many strangers as Ben was I'm not surprised he decided to make up his own mind about each of us.  Actions speak louder than words doesn't quite work but you know what I mean

Hope you're well and having a good week xxx

You are absolutely right FTL xx

I am having an ok week Cool 
David

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 22, 2014 1:47 am

Well, whether we like it or not, Ben is going to make up his own mind. Gd for him, I says.

Now, who knows the answer to my problem. Most of the time I can't log on. Then when I get on, when I try to post I get kicked off. Hence, the reason I am posting here. It's the only place I can get on...and stay on...for the time being.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Thu May 22, 2014 4:35 am

Original Quill wrote:Well, whether we like it or not, Ben is going to make up his own mind. Gd for him, I says.

Now, who knows the answer to my problem. Most of the time I can't log on. Then when I get on, when I try to post I get kicked off. Hence, the reason I am posting here. It's the only place I can get on...and stay on...for the time being.

I wish I did cause it happens to me all the time....bloody annoying....I put it down to my crappy kindle....the number of insightful, humourous but full of wisdom replies that have have gone into cyberspace .......grrrr

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Thu May 22, 2014 5:00 am

Sorry to the folks who are having trouble logging in and staying in said state; I am looking for a solution but there's a lot to go through and I'm pretty busy with life right now, so can't devote as much time to figuring it out as I would like.

I'm glad people understand my desire to see how members behave for myself rather than go with what other people say. I've gotten a lot of I told you so's regarding Phil, but in the end I feel better about deciding what I think of him for myself instead of following the advice of his detractors without skepticism. My policy is to listen to everyone but to make up my own mind.

By the way, edds --  :askissas: right back atcha Smile

~Ray Wylie Hubbard
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu May 22, 2014 7:38 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Sorry to the folks who are having trouble logging in and staying in said state; I am looking for a solution but there's a lot to go through and I'm pretty busy with life right now, so can't devote as much time to figuring it out as I would like.

I'm glad people understand my desire to see how members behave for myself rather than go with what other people say. I've gotten a lot of I told you so's regarding Phil, but in the end I feel better about deciding what I think of him for myself instead of following the advice of his detractors without skepticism. My policy is to listen to everyone but to make up my own mind.

By the way, edds --  :askissas: right back atcha Smile

You look better in lipstick than me  cheers 

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum