Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil

Go down

Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil  Empty Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil

Post by Guest on Thu May 15, 2014 6:56 am

How wonderful is this , yes it is from last July but i just think it is lovely that different faiths can unite in prayer .



At today's peace vigil in St. Peter's Square many prayed in the words of their own religion, a "miracle" of Pope Francis' ecumenical appeal
vatican insider staff
rome

Muslims and Christians came together in St. Peter’s Square today and prayed using words from their own religions. Many described this as “the miracle” of Pope Francis’ ecumenical appeal during today’s fast and four-hour long vigil of prayer which broke the barriers of faith in an attempt to stop the war in Syria. 100,000 came to St. Peter’s Square in the late afternoon to join the Pope in his appeal for peace.

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/world-news/detail/articolo/siria-syria-siria-27690/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil  Empty Re: Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil

Post by gerber on Thu May 15, 2014 8:55 am

A lovely thought until I read the article. Several hundred from the Arab community and some of the Syrians separated themselves to the other side of the square

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
gerber
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil  Empty Re: Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil

Post by Guest on Thu May 15, 2014 10:23 am

gerber wrote:A lovely thought until I read the article. Several hundred from the Arab community and some of the Syrians separated themselves to the other side of the square

But we need to at least try and get the message of unity across even if others don't at least some do .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil  Empty Re: Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil

Post by Guest on Thu May 15, 2014 10:39 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
gerber wrote:A lovely thought until I read the article. Several hundred from the Arab community and some of the Syrians separated themselves to the other side of the square

But we need to at least try and get the message of unity across even if others don't at least some do .
Be like teaching fish how to fly.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil  Empty Re: Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil

Post by David on Thu May 15, 2014 11:43 am

At least it is a beginning as Ratzinger was anti-Muslim.

_________________
JOAN RIVERS wrote:If you don’t want gays in the military, make the uniforms ugly.
David
David

Posts : 748
Join date : 2013-12-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil  Empty Re: Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil

Post by Cass on Thu May 15, 2014 3:31 pm

David wrote:At least it is a beginning as Ratzinger was anti-Muslim.

Quite - very hardline old school and not willing to admit to church mistakes.

Francis seems a very down to earth guy who really does try to live by the teachings of Jesus. I have a lot of respect for the man and can only hope that he gets the RC church into the 21st century. In just a short time he has gone much farther than previous popes.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5954
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil  Empty Re: Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil

Post by David on Thu May 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Cass wrote:
David wrote:At least it is a beginning as Ratzinger was anti-Muslim.

Quite - very hardline old school and not willing to admit to church mistakes.

Francis seems a very down to earth guy who really does try to live by the teachings of Jesus. I have a lot of respect for the man and can only hope that he gets the RC church into the 21st century. In just a short time he has gone much farther than previous popes.

I am much more optimistic about Francis. His reforming the RC shows he is trying to be a true Christian.
David
David

Posts : 748
Join date : 2013-12-13
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil  Empty Re: Christians and Muslims pray together during Francis’ “miraculous” peace vigil

Post by Cass on Thu May 15, 2014 4:18 pm

David wrote:
Cass wrote:

Quite - very hardline old school and not willing to admit to church mistakes.

Francis seems a very down to earth guy who really does try to live by the teachings of Jesus. I have a lot of respect for the man and can only hope that he gets the RC church into the 21st century. In just a short time he has gone much farther than previous popes.

I am much more optimistic about Francis. His reforming the RC shows he is trying to be a true Christian.

Sadly he still has a long upwards battle but he is making great strides. Hopefully as the hardliners go off to their eternal rest, some younger more modern cardinals and archbishops and bishops will get involved and will carry on his great work.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5954
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum