The Army recruits people with criminal...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Mon May 12, 2014 11:17 pm

...backgrounds ...so long as applicants are honest about it, but which type of crime does it deem acceptable and not acceptable?..

While I can understand the acceptance for some crimes...there are some crimes that should not be accepted...

Let's have it then guys, does anyone know which crimes are deemed as acceptable and not acceptable?



Obviously terrorism is a no-no...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Mon May 12, 2014 11:28 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafbattalion

The Strafbattalion were developed from the Sonderabteilungen (English: Special departments) that existed in pre-war Nazi Germany. Initially Nazi policy was to rebuild the armed forces by keeping "potential troublemakers" away from the troops and removing any "destructive elements" from military service. But on 21 May 1935, Adolf Hitler decreed that under the new Nazi Defence Act any conscript who was deemed "unfit for military service because of subversive activity" would be arrested. However soldiers who were deemed disruptive to military discipline but were otherwise "worthy of service" would be sent to military Sonderabteilungen.

These units were designed to change attitudes toward state and national policy while instilling a sense of duty, honor and purpose. These goals were achieved by harsh discipline and punishments, extensive indoctrination programs and restrictions on home leave. Troops which conformed were eventually transferred to regular units. However those who continued to show indiscipline or opposed the military were transferred to Sachsenhausen concentration camp. Before World War II, there were nine Sonderabteilungen within the Wehrmacht in Nazi Germany. According to estimates between 3000-6000 Wehrmacht personnel passed through these special departments. A total of 320 "incorrigible pests" were transported to concentration camps.

However with the outbreak of war in 1939, the Sonderabteilungen were disbanded. They were replaced with the Feld-Sonder Battalion (English: Special Field Battalion) under the control of the Feldgendarmerie. However as the duration of the war increased, the need for more military personnel grew accordingly. Military tribunals were directed by the OKW to send incarcerated members of the Wehrmacht as well as "subversives" to Bewährungsbataillone (English: Probation Battalion) at the front.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Mon May 12, 2014 11:31 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafbattalion

The Strafbattalion were developed from the Sonderabteilungen (English: Special departments) that existed in pre-war Nazi Germany. Initially Nazi policy was to rebuild the armed forces by keeping "potential troublemakers" away from the troops and removing any "destructive elements" from military service. But on 21 May 1935, Adolf Hitler decreed that under the new Nazi Defence Act any conscript who was deemed "unfit for military service because of subversive activity" would be arrested. However soldiers who were deemed disruptive to military discipline but were otherwise "worthy of service" would be sent to military Sonderabteilungen.

These units were designed to change attitudes toward state and national policy while instilling a sense of duty, honor and purpose. These goals were achieved by harsh discipline and punishments, extensive indoctrination programs and restrictions on home leave. Troops which conformed were eventually transferred to regular units. However those who continued to show indiscipline or opposed the military were transferred to Sachsenhausen concentration camp. Before World War II, there were nine Sonderabteilungen within the Wehrmacht in Nazi Germany. According to estimates between 3000-6000 Wehrmacht personnel passed through these special departments. A total of 320 "incorrigible pests" were transported to concentration camps.

However with the outbreak of war in 1939, the Sonderabteilungen were disbanded. They were replaced with the Feld-Sonder Battalion (English: Special Field Battalion) under the control of the Feldgendarmerie. However as the duration of the war increased, the need for more military personnel grew accordingly. Military tribunals were directed by the OKW to send incarcerated members of the Wehrmacht as well as "subversives" to Bewährungsbataillone (English: Probation Battalion) at the front.



..thanks Victor , but I was more meaning the British Army,,and what crimes are deemed acceptable and not acceptable in this day and age for applicants Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Mon May 12, 2014 11:44 pm

Just pointing out its not the first time its been done......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by veya_victaous on Tue May 13, 2014 12:00 am

well that is how your built your empire  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

gallows or the ranks  Wink 

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16353
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Tue May 13, 2014 12:03 am

victorisnotamused wrote:Just pointing out its not the first time its been done......

Na, I know now Vic, ta! Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Tue May 13, 2014 12:04 am

veya_victaous wrote:well that is how your built your empire  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

gallows or the ranks  Wink 

Didn't near every country at one time or another have the death penalty Veya?..certainly many in earlier times...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by gerber on Tue May 13, 2014 12:06 am

Why shouldn't our ex criminal fraternity be given a chance to serve Queen and Country. Some will bring skills to the party that are not available in the training manuals. if they are willing as is the case in todays' services to put life on the block good for them......

It is much more than the well to do god faring pacifists will do.


_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
avatar
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Tue May 13, 2014 12:09 am

gerber wrote:Why shouldn't our ex criminal fraternity be given a chance to serve Queen and Country.  Some will bring skills to the party that are not available in the training manuals.  if they are willing as is the case in todays' services to put life on the block good for them......

It is much more than the well to do god faring pacifists will do.  



..I'm not saying that Gerbs, I'm all for folk getting another chance to try to right their wrongs so to speak...

I just would like to know WHAT criminal past is acceptable?

I think the nature of the crime matters Gerbs, where it is heinous.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by veya_victaous on Tue May 13, 2014 12:13 am

Joy Division wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:well that is how your built your empire  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

gallows or the ranks  Wink 

Didn't near every country at one time or another have the death penalty Veya?..certainly many in earlier times...

Yeah but in England you could escape the death penalty by joining the redcoats (or getting sent to Australia  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat )

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 16353
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 34
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Tue May 13, 2014 12:15 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Didn't near every country at one time or another have the death penalty Veya?..certainly many in earlier times...

Yeah but in England you could escape the death penalty by joining the redcoats (or getting sent to Australia  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat )


ffs!! What a Face 

I'm astounded!, so that's why there were so many redcoats slaughtering innocent Scottish women and children.

Maybe most went to Oz?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by gerber on Tue May 13, 2014 12:17 am

Joy Division wrote:
gerber wrote:Why shouldn't our ex criminal fraternity be given a chance to serve Queen and Country.  Some will bring skills to the party that are not available in the training manuals.  if they are willing as is the case in todays' services to put life on the block good for them......

It is much more than the well to do god faring pacifists will do.  



..I'm not saying that Gerbs, I'm all for folk getting another chance to try to right their wrongs so to speak...

I just would like to know WHAT criminal past is  acceptable?

I think the nature of the crime matters Gerbs, where it is heinous.

OK being devil's advocate.................. A person is released from prison having served a lengthy time for murder......... gets called up, shoots someone on the battle field........... The enemy dies.......

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
avatar
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by gerber on Tue May 13, 2014 12:21 am

Joy Division wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Yeah but in England you could escape the death penalty by joining the redcoats (or getting sent to Australia  pirat  pirat  pirat  pirat )


ffs!! What a Face 

I'm astounded!, so that's why there were so many redcoats slaughtering innocent Scottish women and children.

Maybe most went to Oz?

" Whatever your origins, nationality or religion might be, whatever qualifications you may or may not have, whatever your social or professional status might be, whether you are married or single, the French Foreign Legion offers you a chance to start a new life...

http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/

People used to run away and join the French FL.......

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
avatar
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Tue May 13, 2014 12:24 am

gerber wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


..I'm not saying that Gerbs, I'm all for folk getting another chance to try to right their wrongs so to speak...

I just would like to know WHAT criminal past is  acceptable?

I think the nature of the crime matters Gerbs, where it is heinous.

OK being devil's advocate..................  A person is released from prison having served a lengthy time for murder.........  gets called up, shoots someone on the battle field...........  The enemy dies.......


It's not even so much murder Gerbs,,well depends who they shot and why, so long as no kids were shot or murdered in another way...that sort don't deserve to step out of jail , let alone a chance to join the army.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Guest on Tue May 13, 2014 12:25 am

gerber wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


ffs!! What a Face 

I'm astounded!, so that's why there were so many redcoats slaughtering innocent Scottish women and children.

Maybe most went to Oz?

" Whatever your origins, nationality or religion might be, whatever qualifications you may or may not have, whatever your social or professional status might be, whether you are married or single, the French Foreign Legion offers you a chance to start a new life...

http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/

People used to run away and join the French FL.......


That has to be a great thing , so long as child molesters and child killers do not join,

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by gerber on Tue May 13, 2014 12:30 am

Joy Division wrote:
gerber wrote:

OK being devil's advocate..................  A person is released from prison having served a lengthy time for murder.........  gets called up, shoots someone on the battle field...........  The enemy dies.......


It's not even so much murder Gerbs,,well depends who they shot and why, so long as no kids were shot or murdered in another way...that sort don't deserve to step out of jail , let alone a chance to join the army.

JD i quite agree, but people who have committed the most heinous of crimes very often are released under a new identity, not traceable............. so who is to know. The Bulger killers have new names new lives - one is back in prison but know one is allowed to know his identity............ They are protected from us............. sick - who protected James.... ?

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
avatar
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Cass on Tue May 13, 2014 1:29 am

Only in times of need....with the withdrawal from Afghan the requirements are going to get a hell of a lot stricter including needing some type of higher education, NO criminal convictions and no bad debt and much higher fitness standards.

Currently in the US you can still get in for civil offences, class 2 & 3 misdemeanors but forget about felonys. Was similar for UK depending on crime, mitigating circumstances and what regiment you wanted to join but like I said it is already starting to change.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
avatar
Cass
Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

Posts : 4128
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Army recruits people with criminal...

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue May 13, 2014 6:13 am

Cass wrote:Only in times of need....with the withdrawal from Afghan the requirements are going to get a hell of a lot stricter including needing some type of higher education,  NO criminal convictions and no bad debt and much higher fitness standards.

Currently in the US you can still get in for civil offences, class 2 & 3 misdemeanors but forget about felonys. Was similar for UK depending on crime, mitigating circumstances and what regiment you wanted to join but like I said it is already starting to change.

Which is a damned good thing, seeing as under Bushy & Co. we had neo-Nazis signing up to get experience and knowledge about explosives, FFS!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12/13/how-neo-nazis-and-gangs-infiltrated-the-u-s-military-matt-kennard-s-irregular-army.html

_________________
“If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation, then here come the rape police."

- Rush Limbaugh, America's most influential right-wing commentator.
avatar
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

Posts : 22998
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 42
Location : Besa Mi Culo, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum