Does anyone remember the Kardoma cafes ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone remember the Kardoma cafes ?

Post by gerber on Thu May 08, 2014 11:56 am

Just making my lunch and I remember being taken by my Grandmother.

I always used to have the mushrooms on toast, a milk shake and the biggest cake from the cake stand. usually the Mille fielle or the choux bun. Lovely.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anyone remember the Kardoma cafes ?

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 12:08 pm

gerber wrote:Just making  my  lunch and I remember being taken by my Grandmother.

I always used to have the mushrooms on toast, a milk shake and the biggest cake from the cake stand. usually the Mille fielle or the choux bun.  Lovely.

Don't remember them Gerbs, but it sounds lovely.   My Nan used to take me for milkshakes as well.   The girl next door complained to her Dad that no-one took her, he told to drink some milk and jump up and down!!!!!   So my Nan being my Nan, took her as well the next time.

Off to make mine and then back to the painting, talk later xx

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anyone remember the Kardoma cafes ?

Post by Cass on Thu May 08, 2014 6:44 pm

gerber wrote:Just making my lunch and I remember being taken by my Grandmother.

I always used to have the mushrooms on toast, a milk shake and the biggest cake from the cake stand. usually the Mille fielle or the choux bun. Lovely.

A bit before my time but down in Hampshire there was this chain of cafes that were made to look like you were in a cave.....they served frothy coffee.....I remember the first time....practically straight off the boat from Yankee land.....distinctly unimpressed with their ideas of what constituted a milkshake, the fact that you had to pay extra for a 100%all beef burger or 2p for a ketchup sachet. It was also the first place I ate beans on toast and egg and chips for which I am still grateful.

By the by best transport cafe was in aldershot by the train station. Mr. C and I were living in sin (gasp horror shock) and we would take the laundry to the laundrette, pick up the Sunday papers and sit down to the biggest, greasiest ostst lovely plate of food including a cup of tea that you could stand a spoon up in. Bliss. Sheer bliss.

Best Scottish fried breakfast? His granny. Poetry on a plate.

Nerd Queen
Nerd Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum