Celebrity death guess...

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yes, folks...I think I done something similar elsewhere before, I know it's distasteful..my step dad was champ at this and won some money in his work,as him and other managers would put money in the kitty every week until a ' winner' pops it  What a Face 

..when my mum told me he done this , I though it was quite distasteful...but then I thought..well it's nobody's family that we know, so they won't be harmed by what they don't know I guess...I would never do this with anyone on here ffs!

Lets have your bets on the next famous( most likely old) person to die...
Only rule is that it has to be someone famous themselves...not their aunty's cousin's sister...

And heard by the majority of people, my step dad had his last bet on Nelson Mandela for the past two years, since when he took retirement and recently collected his winnings.


So her looking up all the old people and lets have a bet!

Don't know who I'm going for tbh???

Bruce Forsyth is getting on, but he still looks in good shape for his age!!

I'll guess later...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


Shut up and take your pick Andy...your Queen perhaps? Laughing

Very nice JD, very nice.

How's your kid?


What's my kid to do with anything Andy?



He's dong great btw, loving nursery.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 5:27 pm

Joy Division wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Looks like the disbelief is mutual, Eilzel.



..hey guys,noo there was one on Flap eh?..and out comes the foutrage by the few!! Laughing 

OMG!

Thanks folks, I still don't know who to go for and if Thatcher was still skive I would have went for her.


I'm going to go for Dennis Healy!

Whatever you say JD. Not going to waste my breath pleading my sincerity to you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 5:33 pm

lovedust wrote:
Joy Division wrote:



..hey guys,noo there was one on Flap eh?..and out comes the foutrage by the few!! Laughing 

OMG!

Thanks folks, I still don't know who to go for and if Thatcher was still skive I would have went for her.


I'm going to go for Dennis Healy!

Whatever you say JD. Not going to waste my breath pleading my sincerity to you.


LD eh? What a Face 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Eilzel on Wed May 07, 2014 5:38 pm

^actually Nems I wouldn't take issue with that, since this is a harmless thread and guessing if celebs are gay is something a lot of people do (not least gay people), if it offends you personally though fair enough you are entitled to say so; but I don't see why it should x

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6752
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:^actually Nems I wouldn't take issue with that, since this is a harmless thread and guessing if celebs are gay is something a lot of people do (not least gay people), if it offends you personally though fair enough you are entitled to say so; but I don't see why it should x

I wont apologise for my opinion Les.
Someones death should never be used for the amusement of others
It knocks me sick that people are so callous about it. Perhaps they havent experienced
losing someone, or perhaps they just dont give a shit. I just find it distateful

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Eilzel on Wed May 07, 2014 6:02 pm

I was just saying that it wotldn't make any difference for me if was guessing sexuality; in fact it wouldn't be even nearly as bad haha

And yes it is distasteful, but death is a fact of life, and it is human nature to make light of bad things sometimes, as the barrage of jokes that we often hear on the death of famous people tells us. But fair enough you have your view.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6752
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:04 pm

For me it isnt JUST the nature of the thread, though that is as said, distasteful, It is the rank hypocrisy of the lefty brigade who claim such high moral standing...IF and I do say IF they were truely of such high moral standards....they would NOT support such a thread....those of the right who are supporting this have not made such extravagant claims of "morality" and thus whilst I also disagree with THEM supporting such a thread, I cannot level the same charge of hypocrisy against them.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:11 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:For me it isnt JUST the nature of the thread, though that is as said, distasteful, It is the rank hypocrisy of the lefty brigade who claim such high moral standing...IF and I do say IF they were truely of such high moral standards....they would NOT support such a thread....those of the right who are supporting this have not made such extravagant claims of "morality" and thus whilst I also disagree with THEM supporting such a thread, I cannot level the same charge of hypocrisy against them.....


Look Victor ...I'm using words...you kill animals, stop the patter man.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Eilzel on Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Surely victor this so called 'high moral standing' is simply something asserted by the Right; which is interesting, since the Right clearly do think we, Lefties that is, do have or think we have such standing, then by default they concede they, the Right, do not, instead admitting they are degenerate but hey that's life Wink

People can oppose racism, homophobia, sexism etc and still enjoy things that are perhaps distasteful- don't conflate two things on your own presumption those who support equality are claiming to be squeaky clean angels Wink

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6752
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Eilzel wrote:Surely victor this so called 'high moral standing' is simply something asserted by the Right; which is interesting, since the Right clearly do think we, Lefties that is, do have or think we have such standing, then by default they concede they, the Right, do not, instead admitting they are degenerate but hey that's life Wink

People can oppose racism, homophobia, sexism etc and still enjoy things that are perhaps distasteful- don't conflate two things on your own presumption those who support equality are claiming to be squeaky clean angels Wink


Well said Les..when I put this thread up I admitted it may seem distasteful, but the fact remains it is not harming anyone and it's not anyone on here's family or anything like that.

I know those who complain have seen or done much worse, but they don't seem to want to acknowledge that!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:33 pm

And? the problem is?

You see thats the problem JD. the morality of "killing animals" is a reasonable modern habit (in most of the world)...something you lefties have "invented" or even more likely since you lack the intelligence to "invent " something like that, borrowed from a couple of irrelevant "easten cultures"

it is a morality grounded in ignorance and lack of contact with "the real world" Most (though not all) of its supporters are "Townies" who think (or pretend) their meat is made in "factories" and that milk is "manufactured" in dairies. Most are childish in their arguments ...chief of which is awww pwoor fwuffy bunny" having been brought up on a diet of disney films and lacking the intellect to divorce film and cartoon from reality they cannot see sense.

most are potentially violent (thus proving their hypocrisy) many have proved time and time again that they would harm or even kill humans to protect the object of their desire...they are Bigoted in the extreme, denying the rights of a different culture (since that is demonstrably the case ..i.e the "hunting culture as opposed to the anti culture) and prepared to go to extremes that can only be associated with the EDL and WORSE...including bombings personal violence and blackmail....

few, if any have had contact with real rural issues...

foxes destroying hens
foxes killing lambs.....ever seen a lamb thats had its face chewed off by a fox....AS ITS BEING BORN???
didnt think so JD....yet you would allow that...AND cost the farmers a LOT of money....which YOU would end up paying for....
rabbits clearing acres of grain crops
deer destroying acres of crops..
crows destroying (by eating grain) crops
crows spreading disease...(how do you think Foot and mouth spread so quick??)
crows, magpies and other corvids destroying song birds....

answer me this JD...AND...I can PROVE what I say.....

how come....lands that are used by shoots have a far greater diversity AND MORE songbirds per acre than even the BEST RSPB reserves????

could it, maybe....because the shoot keeps vermin under control.

aside from corvids and foxes...what I shoot, generally either me and the missus eat, or if its not suitable...the dogs get it....If I have a surplus i give it away to folks i know will benefit from it...
now whats the moral problem with that?

I have the balls to shoot kill gut and cook my own food....I am not the kind of hypocritical coward that lets it be done by proxy and then pretends to some greater morality..

all you and didge have done in all things to do with this is prove that you are hypocritical (and i give didge his due...at least he admits to it), cowardly and bigoted. And by association belong to a movement that is no better in its aims and methods than the EDL etc.

so shove it matey....DONT play your faux morality to me.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed May 07, 2014 10:38 pm

gerber wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


...mick jagger eh Gerbs?!!

Well if it's him he won't be dancing in the street! Laughing 

Maybe he might be a little over zealous with his painkillers following his tragic loss.

We reside on a close btw so no chance of him doing that any way... lol! 


His tragic loss seems to amuse you for some reason.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:39 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:And? the problem is?

You see thats the problem JD. the morality of "killing animals" is a reasonable modern habit (in most of the world)...something you lefties have "invented" or even more likely since you lack the intelligence to "invent " something like that, borrowed from a couple of irrelevant  "easten cultures"

it is a morality grounded in ignorance and lack of contact with "the real world" Most (though not all) of its supporters are "Townies" who think (or pretend) their meat is made in "factories" and that milk is "manufactured" in dairies. Most are childish in their arguments ...chief of which is awww pwoor fwuffy bunny" having been brought up on a diet of disney films and lacking the intellect to divorce film and cartoon from reality they cannot see sense.

most are potentially violent (thus proving their hypocrisy) many have proved time and time again that they would harm or even kill humans to protect the object of their desire...they are Bigoted in the extreme, denying the rights of a different culture (since that is demonstrably the case ..i.e the "hunting culture as opposed to the anti culture) and prepared to go to extremes that can only be associated with the EDL and WORSE...including bombings personal violence and blackmail....

few, if any have had contact with real rural issues...

foxes destroying hens
foxes killing lambs.....ever seen a lamb thats had its face chewed off by a fox....AS ITS BEING BORN???
didnt think so JD....yet you would allow that...AND cost the farmers a LOT of money....which YOU would end up paying for....
rabbits clearing acres of grain crops
deer destroying acres of crops..
crows destroying (by eating grain) crops
crows spreading disease...(how do you think Foot and mouth spread so quick??)
crows, magpies and other corvids destroying song birds....

answer me this JD...AND...I can PROVE what I say.....

how come....lands that are used by shoots have a far greater diversity AND MORE songbirds per acre than even the BEST RSPB reserves????

could it, maybe....because the shoot keeps vermin under control.

aside from corvids and foxes...what I shoot, generally either me and the missus eat, or if its not suitable...the dogs get it....If I have a surplus i give it away to folks i know will benefit from it...
now whats the moral problem with that?

I have the balls to shoot kill gut and cook my own food....I am not the kind of hypocritical coward that lets it be done by proxy and then pretends to some greater morality..

all you and didge have done in all things to do with this is prove that you are hypocritical (and i give didge his due...at least he admits to it), cowardly and bigoted. And by association belong to a movement that is no better in its aims and methods than the EDL etc.

so shove it matey....DONT play your faux morality to me.



Victor ..i just don't believe in killing animals , but I won't take a tantrum cause you do please spare me the clever club Victor ..it just doesn't impress me.

Genuinely clever and nice folk wouldn't keep jumping up and down like you, trying to be overly smart...

And what's with insults Victor?clever folk just don't need to do that,you should know that.

I'm not interested how you kill animals Victor, so you can keep that, it doesn't justify anything in my eyes.

And you're not forced to post on this thread Victor, you have your opinion several times now, so just let it go.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:Surely victor this so called 'high moral standing' is simply something asserted by the Right; which is interesting, since the Right clearly do think we, Lefties that is, do have or think we have such standing,

Exactly...lefties THINK they do...and then claim the right on the back of that to be as sententious and sanctimonious as they wish

then by default they concede they, the Right, do not, instead admitting they are degenerate but hey that's life Wink

Not really, they just dont "push their "moral" view point down folks throat...I have yet to see a R/W claim that their point of view is the ONLY moral right....they may well claim its the only sensible (even when its not) way to go, they may seek to justify it via any number of poorly reasoned arguments (not that the left would EVER do that of course) but on the grounds of morality...nah....

People can oppose racism, homophobia, sexism etc and still enjoy things that are perhaps distasteful- don't conflate two things on your own presumption those who support equality are claiming to be squeaky clean angels Wink

oh but isnt THAT exactly what they do, see my post above. viz the violence inherent in the "anti hunters" (and they have the brass neck to accuse hunters of being "violent)
 ://?roflmao?/: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
gerber wrote:

Maybe he might be a little over zealous with his painkillers following his tragic loss.

We reside on a close btw so no chance of him doing that any way... lol! 


His tragic loss seems to amuse you for some reason.


Rags...please, not another shit fest.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed May 07, 2014 10:41 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Why the fuck is this thread on here?

Because some people think it's highly amusing to joke about people dying.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed May 07, 2014 10:42 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

His tragic loss seems to amuse you for some reason.


Rags...please, not another shit fest.

I'll say what I like.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:44 pm

Joy Division wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:And? the problem is?

You see thats the problem JD. the morality of "killing animals" is a reasonable modern habit (in most of the world)...something you lefties have "invented" or even more likely since you lack the intelligence to "invent " something like that, borrowed from a couple of irrelevant  "easten cultures"

it is a morality grounded in ignorance and lack of contact with "the real world" Most (though not all) of its supporters are "Townies" who think (or pretend) their meat is made in "factories" and that milk is "manufactured" in dairies. Most are childish in their arguments ...chief of which is awww pwoor fwuffy bunny" having been brought up on a diet of disney films and lacking the intellect to divorce film and cartoon from reality they cannot see sense.

most are potentially violent (thus proving their hypocrisy) many have proved time and time again that they would harm or even kill humans to protect the object of their desire...they are Bigoted in the extreme, denying the rights of a different culture (since that is demonstrably the case ..i.e the "hunting culture as opposed to the anti culture) and prepared to go to extremes that can only be associated with the EDL and WORSE...including bombings personal violence and blackmail....

few, if any have had contact with real rural issues...

foxes destroying hens
foxes killing lambs.....ever seen a lamb thats had its face chewed off by a fox....AS ITS BEING BORN???
didnt think so JD....yet you would allow that...AND cost the farmers a LOT of money....which YOU would end up paying for....
rabbits clearing acres of grain crops
deer destroying acres of crops..
crows destroying (by eating grain) crops
crows spreading disease...(how do you think Foot and mouth spread so quick??)
crows, magpies and other corvids destroying song birds....

answer me this JD...AND...I can PROVE what I say.....

how come....lands that are used by shoots have a far greater diversity AND MORE songbirds per acre than even the BEST RSPB reserves????

could it, maybe....because the shoot keeps vermin under control.

aside from corvids and foxes...what I shoot, generally either me and the missus eat, or if its not suitable...the dogs get it....If I have a surplus i give it away to folks i know will benefit from it...
now whats the moral problem with that?

I have the balls to shoot kill gut and cook my own food....I am not the kind of hypocritical coward that lets it be done by proxy and then pretends to some greater morality..

all you and didge have done in all things to do with this is prove that you are hypocritical (and i give didge his due...at least he admits to it), cowardly and bigoted. And by association belong to a movement that is no better in its aims and methods than the EDL etc.

so shove it matey....DONT play your faux morality to me.



Victor ..i just don't believe in killing animals , but  I won't take a tantrum cause you do please spare me the clever club Victor ..it just doesn't impress me.

Genuinely clever and nice folk wouldn't keep jumping up and down like you, trying to be overly smart...

And what's with insults Victor?clever folk just don't need to do that,you should know that.

I'm not interested how you kill animals Victor, so you can keep that, it doesn't justify anything in my eyes.

And you're not forced to post on this thread Victor, you have your opinion several times now, so just let it go.

It seems cruel of me to suggest that you brought the above down on your own neck....after all...YOU were the one to mention it...

told you Its not the old victor.....

sling shit...i'll sling it right back....by the truck load...and then some....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


Victor ..i just don't believe in killing animals , but  I won't take a tantrum cause you do please spare me the clever club Victor ..it just doesn't impress me.

Genuinely clever and nice folk wouldn't keep jumping up and down like you, trying to be overly smart...

And what's with insults Victor?clever folk just don't need to do that,you should know that.

I'm not interested how you kill animals Victor, so you can keep that, it doesn't justify anything in my eyes.

And you're not forced to post on this thread Victor, you have your opinion several times now, so just let it go.

It seems cruel of me to suggest that you brought the above down on your own neck....after all...YOU were the one to mention it...

told you Its not the old victor.....

sling shit...i'll sling it right back....by the truck load...and then some....


..I never slung any shit Victor, but I'll go with whatever you think the now.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Joy Division wrote:
gerber wrote:

Maybe he might be a little over zealous with his painkillers following his tragic loss.

We reside on a close btw so no chance of him doing that any way... lol! 



Ah, I never knew he had a tragic loss Gerbs..

Often that can be downhill for those left behind for the rest if the way Sad

You didn't know that his girlfriend killed herself recently? Gerbil knew, and decided it would be fun to joke about it.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


Ah, I never knew he had a tragic loss Gerbs..

Often that can be downhill for those left behind for the rest if the way Sad

You didn't know that his girlfriend killed herself recently? Gerbil knew, and decided it would be fun to joke about it.


..I honestly never and I'm not joking about anyone killing themselves.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 1:36 am

Michael Heseltine

 Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Lone Wolf on Thu May 08, 2014 2:10 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
For me it isnt JUST the nature of the thread, though that is as said, distasteful, It is the rank hypocrisy of the lefty brigade who claim such high moral standing...IF and I do say IF they were truely of such high moral standards....they would NOT support such a thread....those of the right who are supporting this have not made such extravagant claims of "morality" and thus whilst I also disagree with THEM supporting such a thread, I cannot level the same charge of hypocrisy against them.....

 scratch 

WHAT a load of rabid Righteous Whinger rot...  Suspect

WHILE I agree with some others about how distasteful and obnoxious this topic obviously is, Victor's apparent claims that all lefty complaints over this thread must be examples of "rank hypocrisy" while the rabid right are (naturally enough, of course) above such things, shows just how irrational and unreal Victor's way of thinking has become in recent months..

I wonder if poor ol' Vic' stood up too quick and banged his head while pottering around in his shed ? Surprised 

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-07
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 2:22 am

Nigel Farage when he flies his ukip banner again Razz 


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Eilzel on Thu May 08, 2014 6:51 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Surely victor this so called 'high moral standing' is simply something asserted by the Right; which is interesting, since the Right clearly do think we, Lefties that is, do have or think we have such standing,

Exactly...lefties THINK they do...and then claim the right on the back of that to be as sententious and sanctimonious as they wish

then by default they concede they, the Right, do not, instead admitting they are degenerate but hey that's life Wink

Not really, they just dont "push their "moral" view point down folks throat...I have yet to see a R/W claim that their point of view is the ONLY moral right....they may well claim its the only sensible (even when its not) way to go, they may seek to justify it via any number of poorly reasoned arguments (not that the left would EVER do that of course) but on the grounds of morality...nah....

People can oppose racism, homophobia, sexism etc and still enjoy things that are perhaps distasteful- don't conflate two things on your own presumption those who support equality are claiming to be squeaky clean angels Wink

oh but isnt THAT exactly what they do, see my post above. viz the violence inherent in the "anti hunters" (and they have the brass neck to accuse hunters of being "violent)
 ://?roflmao?/: 

Exactly vic; this is what I mean about the Right not even making a pretense of being moral. You say the Left want to come across as angels but truth is we don't; no one can. Yes many LWers fight for equality (and indeed oppose animal cruelty; but neither issue is exclusively LW anyway); but again you can only assert many of us do so from a supreme moral high ground, but that is perception, no individual is going to 'practically perfect in every way'; that isn't realistic, and no LWers is claiming to be as such; we fight for equality and oppose cruelty and barbarity- but that doesn't mean we will be bastions of decency the whole time, nor does it mean we should be. This is about perception; and for me there is a strong moral argument against bigotry and cruelty; but that doesn't mean I have to avoid any distasteful games as if doing so weakens my moral argument on something else, it doesn't.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6752
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by scrat on Thu May 08, 2014 10:27 am

victorisnotamused wrote:And? the problem is?

You see thats the problem JD. the morality of "killing animals" is a reasonable modern habit (in most of the world)...something you lefties have "invented" or even more likely since you lack the intelligence to "invent " something like that, borrowed from a couple of irrelevant  "easten cultures"

it is a morality grounded in ignorance and lack of contact with "the real world" Most (though not all) of its supporters are "Townies" who think (or pretend) their meat is made in "factories" and that milk is "manufactured" in dairies. Most are childish in their arguments ...chief of which is awww pwoor fwuffy bunny" having been brought up on a diet of disney films and lacking the intellect to divorce film and cartoon from reality they cannot see sense.

most are potentially violent (thus proving their hypocrisy) many have proved time and time again that they would harm or even kill humans to protect the object of their desire...they are Bigoted in the extreme, denying the rights of a different culture (since that is demonstrably the case ..i.e the "hunting culture as opposed to the anti culture) and prepared to go to extremes that can only be associated with the EDL and WORSE...including bombings personal violence and blackmail....

few, if any have had contact with real rural issues...

foxes destroying hens
foxes killing lambs.....ever seen a lamb thats had its face chewed off by a fox....AS ITS BEING BORN???
didnt think so JD....yet you would allow that...AND cost the farmers a LOT of money....which YOU would end up paying for....
rabbits clearing acres of grain crops
deer destroying acres of crops..
crows destroying (by eating grain) crops
crows spreading disease...(how do you think Foot and mouth spread so quick??)
crows, magpies and other corvids destroying song birds....

answer me this JD...AND...I can PROVE what I say.....

how come....lands that are used by shoots have a far greater diversity AND MORE songbirds per acre than even the BEST RSPB reserves????

could it, maybe....because the shoot keeps vermin under control.

aside from corvids and foxes...what I shoot, generally either me and the missus eat, or if its not suitable...the dogs get it....If I have a surplus i give it away to folks i know will benefit from it...
now whats the moral problem with that?

I have the balls to shoot kill gut and cook my own food....I am not the kind of hypocritical coward that lets it be done by proxy and then pretends to some greater morality..

all you and didge have done in all things to do with this is prove that you are hypocritical (and i give didge his due...at least he admits to it), cowardly and bigoted. And by association belong to a movement that is no better in its aims and methods than the EDL etc.

so shove it matey....DONT play your faux morality to me.

Hi Victor,

It appears you believe that the left and the right are two different species, often it's just the case of arriving at a different conclusion through a variance of life experiences.

I'm pro hunting, have hunted game for most of my life, I enjoy the thrill of it,  much like the horse, whose ears prick up and nostrils flare when they know that the hunt is about to take place, much like the hounds who often shake with anticipation and excitement, to me hunting is something completely natural, it makes us human, its a skill for survival we cannot afford to lose, and it's part of who we are.

There are people on the left and right who are so anti hunting that they've made it their life's work to disrupt such activities, and they would rather we eat our meat grown from a culture in a Petri dish.

That's the way the world is, for some it's the realisation and they maintain the ability to adjust, for others it's to assume the benign air of helplessness.

The feigned outrage of a dead pool game is politically non specific, there have been several on various forums over several years, the current shower in government want to issue death date certificates, and yet some come on here full to the brim with hypocrisy in order to bleat about respect for death.

I think this is the first time Ive heard such a complaint of it, perhaps it's because the closer we get to death the more respect we believe death deserves.

Fuck death!
avatar
scrat

Posts : 1906
Join date : 2014-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 08, 2014 10:34 am

scrat wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:And? the problem is?

You see thats the problem JD. the morality of "killing animals" is a reasonable modern habit (in most of the world)...something you lefties have "invented" or even more likely since you lack the intelligence to "invent " something like that, borrowed from a couple of irrelevant  "easten cultures"

it is a morality grounded in ignorance and lack of contact with "the real world" Most (though not all) of its supporters are "Townies" who think (or pretend) their meat is made in "factories" and that milk is "manufactured" in dairies. Most are childish in their arguments ...chief of which is awww pwoor fwuffy bunny" having been brought up on a diet of disney films and lacking the intellect to divorce film and cartoon from reality they cannot see sense.

most are potentially violent (thus proving their hypocrisy) many have proved time and time again that they would harm or even kill humans to protect the object of their desire...they are Bigoted in the extreme, denying the rights of a different culture (since that is demonstrably the case ..i.e the "hunting culture as opposed to the anti culture) and prepared to go to extremes that can only be associated with the EDL and WORSE...including bombings personal violence and blackmail....

few, if any have had contact with real rural issues...

foxes destroying hens
foxes killing lambs.....ever seen a lamb thats had its face chewed off by a fox....AS ITS BEING BORN???
didnt think so JD....yet you would allow that...AND cost the farmers a LOT of money....which YOU would end up paying for....
rabbits clearing acres of grain crops
deer destroying acres of crops..
crows destroying (by eating grain) crops
crows spreading disease...(how do you think Foot and mouth spread so quick??)
crows, magpies and other corvids destroying song birds....

answer me this JD...AND...I can PROVE what I say.....

how come....lands that are used by shoots have a far greater diversity AND MORE songbirds per acre than even the BEST RSPB reserves????

could it, maybe....because the shoot keeps vermin under control.

aside from corvids and foxes...what I shoot, generally either me and the missus eat, or if its not suitable...the dogs get it....If I have a surplus i give it away to folks i know will benefit from it...
now whats the moral problem with that?

I have the balls to shoot kill gut and cook my own food....I am not the kind of hypocritical coward that lets it be done by proxy and then pretends to some greater morality..

all you and didge have done in all things to do with this is prove that you are hypocritical (and i give didge his due...at least he admits to it), cowardly and bigoted. And by association belong to a movement that is no better in its aims and methods than the EDL etc.

so shove it matey....DONT play your faux morality to me.

Hi Victor,

It appears you believe that the left and the right are two different species, often it's just the case of arriving at a different conclusion through a variance of life experiences.

I'm pro hunting, have hunted game for most of my life, I enjoy the thrill of it,  much like the horse, whose ears prick up and nostrils flare when they know that the hunt is about to take place, much like the hounds who often shake with anticipation and excitement, to me hunting is something completely natural, it makes us human, its a skill for survival we cannot afford to lose, and it's part of who we are.

There are people on the left and right who are so anti hunting that they've made it their life's work to disrupt such activities, and they would rather we eat our meat grown from a culture in a Petri dish.

That's the way the world is, for some it's the realisation and they maintain the ability to adjust, for others it's to assume the benign air of helplessness.

The feigned outrage of a dead pool game is politically non specific, there have been several on various forums over several years, the current shower in government want to issue death date certificates, and yet some come on here full to the brim with hypocrisy in order to bleat about respect for death.

I think this is the first time Ive heard such a complaint of it, perhaps it's because the closer we get to death the more respect we believe death deserves.

Fuck death!

You assume that the "outrage" is fake, but I genuinely find this "game" distasteful. I just don't get why others can't see that it is - and I'm the one who's been accused of "lacking empathy" several times on this forum.

I also find hunting for fun very distasteful and I did put a certain amount of effort into trying to ensure that it's against the law.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by scrat on Thu May 08, 2014 10:42 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:
Hi Victor,

It appears you believe that the left and the right are two different species, often it's just the case of arriving at a different conclusion through a variance of life experiences.

I'm pro hunting, have hunted game for most of my life, I enjoy the thrill of it,  much like the horse, whose ears prick up and nostrils flare when they know that the hunt is about to take place, much like the hounds who often shake with anticipation and excitement, to me hunting is something completely natural, it makes us human, its a skill for survival we cannot afford to lose, and it's part of who we are.

There are people on the left and right who are so anti hunting that they've made it their life's work to disrupt such activities, and they would rather we eat our meat grown from a culture in a Petri dish.

That's the way the world is, for some it's the realisation and they maintain the ability to adjust, for others it's to assume the benign air of helplessness.

The feigned outrage of a dead pool game is politically non specific, there have been several on various forums over several years, the current shower in government want to issue death date certificates, and yet some come on here full to the brim with hypocrisy in order to bleat about respect for death.

I think this is the first time Ive heard such a complaint of it, perhaps it's because the closer we get to death the more respect we believe death deserves.

Fuck death!

You assume that the "outrage" is fake, but I genuinely find this "game" distasteful. I just don't get why others can't see that it is - and I'm the one who's been accused of "lacking empathy" several times on this forum.

I also find hunting for fun very distasteful and I did put a certain amount of effort into trying to ensure that it's against the law.
I support your right to oppose hunting, and if Walt Disney could programme us into a pixel, we could all live in la la land forever and ever.
avatar
scrat

Posts : 1906
Join date : 2014-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 am

Eilzel wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

oh but isnt THAT exactly what they do, see my post above. viz the violence inherent in the "anti hunters" (and they have the brass neck to accuse hunters of being "violent)
 ://?roflmao?/: 

Exactly vic; this is what I mean about the Right not even making a pretense of being moral. You say the Left want to come across as angels but truth is we don't; no one can. Yes many LWers fight for equality (and indeed oppose animal cruelty; but neither issue is exclusively LW anyway); but again you can only assert many of us do so from a supreme moral high ground, but that is perception, no individual is going to 'practically perfect in every way'; that isn't realistic, and no LWers is claiming to be as such; we fight for equality and oppose cruelty and barbarity- but that doesn't mean we will be bastions of decency the whole time, nor does it mean we should be. This is about perception; and for me there is a strong moral argument against bigotry and cruelty; but that doesn't mean I have to avoid any distasteful games as if doing so weakens my moral argument on something else, it doesn't.

Do you not think though that all the bad things at least on this forum are associated with being "right wing", and that all the good things are associated with being "left wing"?

For example, if someone is racist, they must be right wing. If someone is homophobic, they must be right wing. There is a perception that whilst the left wing have some misguided ideas, they come from having a "kind heart".

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 08, 2014 10:45 am

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You assume that the "outrage" is fake, but I genuinely find this "game" distasteful. I just don't get why others can't see that it is - and I'm the one who's been accused of "lacking empathy" several times on this forum.

I also find hunting for fun very distasteful and I did put a certain amount of effort into trying to ensure that it's against the law.
I support your right to oppose hunting, and if Walt Disney could programme us into a pixel, we could all live in la la land forever and ever.

Well my opposition helped didn't it? Hunting with dogs is indeed against the law in this country.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by scrat on Thu May 08, 2014 10:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:
I support your right to oppose hunting, and if Walt Disney could programme us into a pixel, we could all live in la la land forever and ever.

Well my opposition helped didn't it? Hunting with dogs is indeed against the law in this country.
Yes there are fewer folk who can skin a rabbit.
avatar
scrat

Posts : 1906
Join date : 2014-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 08, 2014 10:51 am

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well my opposition helped didn't it? Hunting with dogs is indeed against the law in this country.
Yes there are fewer folk who can skin a rabbit.

You were talking about the thrill of the hunt earlier. It was a good day for me when people like you could not get that "thrill" any more - well not legally anyway.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by scrat on Thu May 08, 2014 11:06 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:
Yes there are fewer folk who can skin a rabbit.

You were talking about the thrill of the hunt earlier. It was a good day for me when people like you could not get that "thrill" any more - well not legally anyway.
Good for you, if it pleases you in your mind that's cool, hunting is not something one lives for, it's not a daily activity, it's simply a skill, and apart from when I was very young, I have not hunted fellow predators out of principle, however, nor do I oppose those that do.

If we can survive the transition into a higher state of being, that's wonderful.
avatar
scrat

Posts : 1906
Join date : 2014-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 11:08 am

Norman T wrote:Nigel Farage when he flies his ukip banner again Razz 



Hey Norman,while I loathe what Nigel Farage stands for, that picture is disturbing amd I'm genuinely glad he lived to tell the tale, just like when Nick Griffing was pelted with stuff ..I don't condone that even though what Griffin stands for is awful...

Had that been a pair of guys who murdered or molested kids ..then I would say they deserve all they get and karma.

Hey I'm not having a dog for you posting the picture!..youve every right too, I'm just highlighting that although I hate what they stand for, I could never wish them dead or take delight if they did die.Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 08, 2014 11:08 am

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You were talking about the thrill of the hunt earlier. It was a good day for me when people like you could not get that "thrill" any more - well not legally anyway.
Good for you, if it pleases you in your mind that's cool, hunting is not something one lives for, it's not a daily activity, it's simply a skill, and apart from when I was very young, I have not hunted fellow predators out of principle, however, nor do I oppose those that do.

If we can survive the transition into a higher state of being, that's wonderful.

Hunting with dogs is a skill? It's a shame that animal abuse is described as a "skill".

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by scrat on Thu May 08, 2014 11:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:
Good for you, if it pleases you in your mind that's cool, hunting is not something one lives for, it's not a daily activity, it's simply a skill, and apart from when I was very young, I have not hunted fellow predators out of principle, however, nor do I oppose those that do.

If we can survive the transition into a higher state of being, that's wonderful.

Hunting with dogs is a skill? It's a shame that animal abuse is described as a "skill".
Try having this conversation with a lurcher! Ffs!
avatar
scrat

Posts : 1906
Join date : 2014-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 11:13 am

Is nobody going to back Prince Philip?...could be a good horse!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by scrat on Thu May 08, 2014 11:14 am

Joy Division wrote:Is nobody going to back Prince Philip?...could be a good horse!
A strong candidate JD!
avatar
scrat

Posts : 1906
Join date : 2014-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 11:18 am

scrat wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Is nobody going to back Prince Philip?...could be a good horse!
A strong candidate JD!


..indeed Scrat, he has to be!, although he is afforded the very best care and medicines.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 11:19 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
scrat wrote:
Good for you, if it pleases you in your mind that's cool, hunting is not something one lives for, it's not a daily activity, it's simply a skill, and apart from when I was very young, I have not hunted fellow predators out of principle, however, nor do I oppose those that do.

If we can survive the transition into a higher state of being, that's wonderful.

Hunting with dogs is a skill? It's a shame that animal abuse is described as a "skill".


But in your own way, you hunt black people and Muslims and make them your target to pick on.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by scrat on Thu May 08, 2014 11:20 am

Joy Division wrote:
scrat wrote:
A strong candidate JD!


..indeed Scrat, he has to be!, although he is afforded the very best care and medicines.
Aye, but the grim reaper will get him none the less!
avatar
scrat

Posts : 1906
Join date : 2014-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 11:21 am

scrat wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


..indeed Scrat, he has to be!, although he is afforded the very best care and medicines.
Aye, but the grim reaper will get him none the less!


That's a certainty Scrat...he can only hide for so long!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 08, 2014 11:26 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Hunting with dogs is a skill? It's a shame that animal abuse is described as a "skill".


But in your own way, you hunt black people and Muslims and make them your target to pick on.

Do I? Please give an example of where I've done that.


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 08, 2014 11:26 am

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Hunting with dogs is a skill? It's a shame that animal abuse is described as a "skill".
Try having this conversation with a lurcher! Ffs!

What do you mean?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Eilzel on Thu May 08, 2014 11:32 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Exactly vic; this is what I mean about the Right not even making a pretense of being moral. You say the Left want to come across as angels but truth is we don't; no one can. Yes many LWers fight for equality (and indeed oppose animal cruelty; but neither issue is exclusively LW anyway); but again you can only assert many of us do so from a supreme moral high ground, but that is perception, no individual is going to 'practically perfect in every way'; that isn't realistic, and no LWers is claiming to be as such; we fight for equality and oppose cruelty and barbarity- but that doesn't mean we will be bastions of decency the whole time, nor does it mean we should be. This is about perception; and for me there is a strong moral argument against bigotry and cruelty; but that doesn't mean I have to avoid any distasteful games as if doing so weakens my moral argument on something else, it doesn't.

Do you not think though that all the bad things at least on this forum are associated with being "right wing", and that all the good things are associated with being "left wing"?

For example, if someone is racist, they must be right wing. If someone is homophobic, they must be right wing. There is a perception that whilst the left wing have some misguided ideas, they come from having a "kind heart".

Not so much 'all bad things' vs 'all good things'. On this forum however we do have a number of destinctively RW and LW posters who do indeed project those impressions. But it isn't as simple as you are saying- Tess and sphinx are RW (on most issues) but I wouldn't say either is racist or homophobic. And as you see on this very thread, the ultra LW scrat is pro hunting. So nothing is clean cut.

That nearly all racist or homophobic outbursts in politics do come from the Right however (be it the BNP, UKIP or rogue Tories) is informative imo; but it remains the case that nothing is ever so simple- just that there are certain tendencies.

I don't think however that any true LWer could claim Left is always righteous- Cuba's past; the Soviet Union and Pol Pot all stand as evidence of just how bad extreme Leftism can be.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6752
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 08, 2014 11:36 am

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Do you not think though that all the bad things at least on this forum are associated with being "right wing", and that all the good things are associated with being "left wing"?

For example, if someone is racist, they must be right wing. If someone is homophobic, they must be right wing. There is a perception that whilst the left wing have some misguided ideas, they come from having a "kind heart".

Not so much 'all bad things' vs 'all good things'. On this forum however we do have a number of destinctively RW and LW posters who do indeed project those impressions. But it isn't as simple as you are saying- Tess and sphinx are RW (on most issues) but I wouldn't say either is racist or homophobic. And as you see on this very thread, the ultra LW scrat is pro hunting. So nothing is clean cut.

That nearly all racist or homophobic outbursts in politics do come from the Right however (be it the BNP, UKIP or rogue Tories) is informative imo; but it remains the case that nothing is ever so simple- just that there are certain tendencies.

I don't think however that any true LWer could claim Left is always righteous- Cuba's past; the Soviet Union and Pol Pot all stand as evidence of just how bad extreme Leftism can be.

So what does being "right wing" or "left wing" mean to you? On this forum it generally seems to relate to attitudes about race, benefits, or gay people, but is that what it's really about? I've been described as "right wing" myself. JD just accused me of hunting black people and Muslims, and although he didn't say I was right wing, I think that's what he meant. The fact that I barely mention Muslims and I've certainly never hunted a black person doesn't seem to register with him.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Eilzel on Thu May 08, 2014 11:44 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Not so much 'all bad things' vs 'all good things'. On this forum however we do have a number of destinctively RW and LW posters who do indeed project those impressions. But it isn't as simple as you are saying- Tess and sphinx are RW (on most issues) but I wouldn't say either is racist or homophobic. And as you see on this very thread, the ultra LW scrat is pro hunting. So nothing is clean cut.

That nearly all racist or homophobic outbursts in politics do come from the Right however (be it the BNP, UKIP or rogue Tories) is informative imo; but it remains the case that nothing is ever so simple- just that there are certain tendencies.

I don't think however that any true LWer could claim Left is always righteous- Cuba's past; the Soviet Union and Pol Pot all stand as evidence of just how bad extreme Leftism can be.

So what does being "right wing" or "left wing" mean to you? On this forum it generally seems to relate to attitudes about race, benefits, or gay people, but is that what it's really about? I've been described as "right wing" myself. JD just accused me of hunting black people and Muslims, and although he didn't say I was right wing, I think that's what he meant. The fact that I barely mention Muslims and I've certainly never hunted a black person doesn't seem to register with him.

LW and RW are far too broad to describe in a quick response. It is however usually RWers and RW parties who oppose things like anti-discrimination laws; same-sex marriage; immigration etc; now not all people who oppose those things are bigots; but the language we get from many who do indicate as much. Though these issue are more to do with liberalism and conservatism which are now associated with left and right respectively.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6752
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 08, 2014 11:50 am

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So what does being "right wing" or "left wing" mean to you? On this forum it generally seems to relate to attitudes about race, benefits, or gay people, but is that what it's really about? I've been described as "right wing" myself. JD just accused me of hunting black people and Muslims, and although he didn't say I was right wing, I think that's what he meant. The fact that I barely mention Muslims and I've certainly never hunted a black person doesn't seem to register with him.

LW and RW are far too broad to describe in a quick response. It is however usually RWers and RW parties who oppose things like anti-discrimination laws; same-sex marriage; immigration etc; now not all people who oppose those things are bigots; but the language we get from many who do indicate as much. Though these issue are more to do with liberalism and conservatism which are now associated with left and right respectively.

I don't think that those who opposed immigration do use bigoted language. I've seen people on here being labelled that way no matter how they phrase things.

To me, being right wing means being responsible for yourself, it means being rewarded for your own efforts, and not blaming the Government when things go wrong - well not totally blaming the Government anyway. It means having intiative or admiring initiative. Left wing means being dependent on the State, blaming the Government or "the system" for all ills, and generally expecting to be looked after.

Of course there is a middle way. I don't approve of all privatisation, and I realise that some people are not able to stand on their own feet. I also realise that some people are born into money and don't get rich through their own efforts, but that's just the way life is really.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31355
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Eilzel on Thu May 08, 2014 11:55 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

LW and RW are far too broad to describe in a quick response. It is however usually RWers and RW parties who oppose things like anti-discrimination laws; same-sex marriage; immigration etc; now not all people who oppose those things are bigots; but the language we get from many who do indicate as much. Though these issue are more to do with liberalism and conservatism which are now associated with left and right respectively.

I don't think that those who opposed immigration do use bigoted language. I've seen people on here being labelled that way no matter how they phrase things.

To me, being right wing means being responsible for yourself, it means being rewarded for your own efforts, and not blaming the Government when things go wrong - well not totally blaming the Government anyway. It means having intiative or admiring initiative. Left wing means being dependent on the State, blaming the Government or "the system" for all ills, and generally expecting to be looked after.

Of course there is a middle way. I don't approve of all privatisation, and I realise that some people are not able to stand on their own feet. I also realise that some people are born into money and don't get rich through their own efforts, but that's just the way life is really.

Don't you realize how much of a cliched stereotype your second paragraph just rehashes? I could easily pipe up the alternative:

"Right Wing means leaving those with nothing to sink; it means letting the elite cream off society for their own benefit and absolving the government from as much responsibility for anything as possible. Left Wing means that the State will help when the markets fail (which they do); the governments role is to regulate the markets so they work for the people."

All hyperbole BS, same as your view...

And I explicitly pointed out not all those with conservative view are bigots, not even most; but HERE there are many who DO.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6752
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Guest on Thu May 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Do you see what I mean Rags?...LW means being dependant on the state and forever blaming the government and expect to be looked after??

Don't you realise your mocking many people unable to find work and just labelling them as you always do as scroungers?

Please don't tell me nobody on the right never blame the Government.. So many of you have deserted the Conservatives solely because you see them as not tough enough on immigration, which is fine if that was the real reason...and it is in part, but so many RW actually despise black people , immigrants and Muslims...so the deflect to UKIP..

These things you say like being LW means handouts...just look at JK Rowling and Alan Sugar, you couldn't be further from the truth...

While there definitely are some bone idle people, most are not and are looking for work,,

And the Labour Party are still the party of the people , many RW do not want trade unions , but Labour do,mot protect workers rights, pay etc.

Labour Party = standing up for the rights of countless workers , rather than take the much desired RW route and leave workers at Employers mercy.

What you claim in general is just compete nonsense...

Anyway, for the 11th time, thought you were going to leave us sickos to get on with it?

Or do you want a horse?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity death guess...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum