Abbott and his coalition plummet in Australian polls

Go down

Abbott and his coalition plummet in Australian polls

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Tue May 06, 2014 10:30 pm

The Abbott government has suffered a slump in opinion polls a week out from its first budget when voters have been warned to expect across-the-board pain.

Labor's lead over the Coalition has strengthened to 53%-47% after preferences, according to the Newspoll published in the Australian on Tuesday.

The newspaper said the five-point drop in the Coalition's primary vote to 38% was the largest single fall since Julia Gillard announced her carbon tax plans in early 2011, and support for the Coalition was at its lowest level in almost four years.

A separate ReachTEL poll published on Monday put Labor's two-party lead at 54% to 46%, while the latest Morgan poll put the lead at 55% to 45%.

They follow a Galaxy poll published in News Corp’s Sunday papers which put the two-party split at 52% for Labor to 48% for the Coalition, with 72% agreeing with the proposition that a mooted “deficit tax” for higher income earners would represent a broken promise.

The Liberal-National Coalition attracted 53.5% of the two-party-vote at the September election.

The Newspoll of 1,143 voters between Friday and Sunday showed a big drop in satisfaction with Tony Abbott's performance as prime minister since the last poll nearly a month earlier.

In this time satisfaction with Abbott declined five points to 35%, while dissatisfaction rose nine points to 56%. This produces a net approval rate of minus 21%, compared with minus 7% on 4-6 April.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/06/tony-abbotts-popularity-plunges-latest-polls-show

Tyler Childers
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Abbott and his coalition plummet in Australian polls

Post by Guest on Tue May 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Aren't they stuck with him at the moment, with a long time to go before the next election? We know that feeling lol

Back to top Go down

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Wed May 07, 2014 12:54 am

I've tried and failed to figure that out, I thought I'd read that some P.M.s serve very short terms, but I don't know what the circumstances were. Maybe one of our Antipodeans can explain?

Tyler Childers
*THE Ben Reilly*

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed May 07, 2014 1:40 am

they get 4 years they have to call an election with in that time, there are Some exceptions and One Abbott was hoping to use, if he couldn't get things through the senate (double disillusion) but now he would lose both houses so.... very unlikely... meaning another 2-3 years at least  Rolling Eyes 

the other Big exception is that "we don't vote for the PM", the Parties do we just elect the local rep, and if the Liberal Party were to decide to Dump Abbott for the Far better and more Popular Malcolm Turnbull.... I don't think anyone would complain about the PM change. (Last leadership Spill Abbott only beat Turnbull by 1 vote)

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed May 07, 2014 1:47 am

Abbott is starting to back track already dumped the tax on middle income earners...

the biggest problem he had was all the economists, Many of whom are RW, were calling him a liar and saying he was going to ruin the economy by squeezing it too tight.

Plus the whole 'it is lie' thing... triple A credit rating, a 5th of the debt or less compared with most western nations (or white nations). even smashing Japan, and most of SE Asia with our lack of debt. the nations that have less debt than us are places like UAE and Russia... and i don't think anyone really doubts that we have a better standard of living than either of those places.  Wink 

veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Wed May 07, 2014 4:39 am

Thanks for the explanation -- and sorry you don't get a chance to be rid of this scum sooner ...

Tyler Childers
*THE Ben Reilly*

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed May 07, 2014 5:45 am

Ben it is one of those things....
it may be good in the long run geek 
You see Labour hasn't been picking up the votes Just Like Liberal Didn't pick up the Votes that Labour lost... 90% of those votes are going to either Greens or the 'hunters and fishers' party. either one is better, H&F are RW and Greens are LW but surprising how many things they agree on. Between them they have almost got 1 third of the vote now. IF things keep going like this, we might have some new Major parties after next election cheers cheers cheers cheers 

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:Ben it is one of those things....
it may be good in the long run geek 
You see Labour hasn't been picking up the votes Just Like Liberal Didn't pick up the Votes that Labour lost...  90% of those votes are going to either Greens or the 'hunters and fishers' party. either one is better, H&F are RW and Greens are LW but surprising how many things they agree on. Between them they have almost got 1 third of the vote now.  IF things keep going like this, we might have some new Major parties after next election cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Sounds good to me! People overestimate the things that RWers and LWers agree on anyway, and if smaller parties catch on in Oz, they may catch on elsewhere as well Smile

Tyler Childers
*THE Ben Reilly*

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed May 07, 2014 9:40 am

Cool 

THERE are actually half a dozen small parties and a couple of independents sitting on the "cross benches", and they hold the "balance of power" in the parliament, as the Abbott-led coalition only holds about 48% of the seats outright, (as their primary vote was around 45.4% and it took another 7 or 8 points from various dummy "conservative" candidates to in them the election..).

The leading 'minor' parties are the Green's and The Palmer Party (founded by mining magnate Clive Palmer), followed by the likes of the 'Family First' (the right-lifers and "Born Again" Christians lobbies) and the Hunting and Fishing loon's (where the miniscule 'Shooters Party' and the Fishers Party' merged to increase their electoral chances, and then subsequently swallowed some other "4WD and outdoors" groups, also..).

"Minor" parties have been present in Aussie politics since the creation of the National (ex-Country..) Party in the early 20th century, and the entry of the Australian Communist party after WWII and then the DLP in the 1950s after the then Labour Gov't banned the commies from standing (a ban that was overturned further down the track, when it was realised that the more extreme groups don't get enough votes anyway, so as to hit "democratic principles" with such unnecessary draconian measures..).

AS the Liberal Party itself only ever gets around 38-42% of the "primary" votes in it's own right, it always depends on it's National Party coalition partners and a few extra conservative votes filtering through the 'Preference Voting' system to deliver them the occasional election wins.   cyclops

Last edited by Lone Wolf on Wed May 07, 2014 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 9:44 am

I heard once(but I don't believe it) that the Australian parliament had a kangaroo as one of its MP's belonging to a RW party Bee, back in the late 1970's ...

That is bollocks right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed May 07, 2014 9:53 am

Joy Division wrote:
I heard once (but I don't believe it) that the Australian parliament had a kangaroo as one of its MP's belonging to a RW party Bee, back in the late 1970's ...

That is bollocks right?

Cool 

THAT sounds like the kind of drunken lark some journo's would have sent back home to England after a jolly old piss up in the Press gallery...

Helped along by a few photo's of the local 'roos, no doubt..  bounce bounce bounce 

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 10:30 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Joy Division wrote:
I heard once (but I don't believe it) that the Australian parliament had a kangaroo as one of its MP's belonging to a RW party Bee, back in the late 1970's ...

That is bollocks right?

Cool 

THAT sounds like the kind of drunken lark some journo's would have sent back home to England after a jolly old piss up in the Press gallery...

Helped along by a few photo's of the local 'roos, no doubt..    bounce bounce bounce 

Laughing 

There was no Kangaroo MP then?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed May 07, 2014 10:38 am

Joy Division wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

That is bollocks right?

Cool 

Helped along by a few photo's of the local 'roos, no doubt..    bounce bounce bounce 

Laughing 

Sorry JD there wasn't Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

I would be cool if there was though  Razz Razz Razz Razz but I've never heard that one before  Wink 

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed May 07, 2014 10:40 am

Oh and Bee is right Palmer is sweeping up the votes too.....

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed May 07, 2014 10:48 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Joy Division wrote:
Laughing 

I would be cool if there was though  Razz Razz Razz Razz but I've never heard that one before  Wink 

They DO seem to be getting hopeful, though, as time goes by...

Wild kangaroos and wallabies are  quite common around the Old Parliament House and Yarralumla (the Governor General's house), and across Canberra in general ~

geek

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 11:24 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Laughing 

Aww!...Sad

I was hoping it was Skippy , Veya! Laughing 

Thanks though..and you too Bee...judging by those photos there is still hope for a Skippy in parliament though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 11:31 am

Skippy aside though guys, the Kangaroo in question in 1970's parliament was known to have given his opinion by one knock for not in agreement ...and two knocks for being in agreement.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed May 14, 2014 4:57 am

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 am

Sad    YEP !!!
HOCKEY'S first Budget proved to be Just as Bad as was long expected :

* Taxes up for ordinary workers
* Tax cuts for big companies, and especially mining companies
* Petrol taxes up
* Welfare spending to be cut gradually over the next five years
* Increased cuts to Public Service, and government spending
* Newly unemployed under-30s to wait 6 months before receiving any benefits (in the meantime broke, homeless, starving ~ and Oz doesn't have the alternatives available that some other western countries use (such as food stamps) ~ meaning more demands being placed on charities (and families); and increased crime rates..);
* Increased medical research funding, but cuts in many other areas
* PLUS Uni' and college students to pay more in fees and charges, ( With their "HECS" co-payments to be increased over the next few years..)
* Military spending up
* Foreign Aid spending down

AND the conservatives are stupid enough as to constantly wonder why they're so on the nose these days ?  ARE they for real !

IF they want to be known as "one term wonders", they're certainly going the right way about it..

AND PM Tony Rabbit claimed this was going to be an "economic stimulus" package !    Rolling Eyes 

EASY to see that Abbott and Hockey are in reality lying third-rate lawyers ~ and neither economists nor businessmen..

Last edited by Lone Wolf on Wed May 14, 2014 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed May 14, 2014 11:58 am

DAMN the RW  Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad  Ruining paradise, they are  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Mon May 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Cool 

AND this week the bad news just keeps on coming for the conservative coalition...

Support for Abbott and Hockey's first federal budget has plummeted to less than 25%..

AND, their popularity can be expected to drop even further as more and more people realise the inevitable negative impacts on this country from an unnecessary "austerity budget".

SHOWS what can happen when politicians sell their souls to their corporate bosses..   Idea

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue May 20, 2014 12:01 am

veya_victaous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 20, 2014 12:04 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Sad    YEP !!!
HOCKEY'S first Budget proved to be Just as Bad as was long expected :

* Taxes up for ordinary workers
* Tax cuts for big companies, and especially mining companies
* Petrol taxes up
* Welfare spending to be cut gradually over the next five years
* Increased cuts to Public Service, and government spending
* Newly unemployed under-30s to wait 6 months before receiving any benefits (in the meantime broke, homeless, starving ~ and Oz doesn't have the alternatives available that some other western countries use (such as food stamps) ~ meaning more demands being placed on charities (and families); and increased crime rates..);
* Increased medical research funding, but cuts in many other areas
* PLUS Uni' and college students to pay more in fees and charges, ( With their "HECS" co-payments to be increased over the next few years..)
* Military spending up
* Foreign Aid spending down

AND the conservatives are stupid enough as to constantly wonder why they're so on the nose these days ?  ARE they for real !

IF they want to be known as "one term wonders", they're certainly going the right way about it..

AND PM Tony Rabbit claimed this was going to be an "economic stimulus" package !    Rolling Eyes 

EASY to see that Abbott and Hockey are in reality lying third-rate lawyers ~ and neither economists nor businessmen..

...that sounds just like the budget Osborne delivered here!!!

ffs, that's a really grim picture...wait 6months without benefit !!...and eat what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Tue May 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Cool   EVERY two years the world's conservative/Tory/Republican parties hold an international conference/"gab fest"/hen's party and drunken knees up! where they discuss their ongoing evil plots to destroy the world's economies and hand the ruins over to big business, for the "top 1%" to rape and pillage to their hearts' content...

EARLY LAST year (or late in 2012), their biennial was held in London, where now Aussie treasurer 'Smokin' Joe' Hockey (Shadow Treasurer in the opposition at that time..) promised a meeting of leading "multinational" billionaires and CEOs that if the coalition gained control over here, he would be doing his best to fulfil the greedy corporations' wishlists..

JUST look to the two "Trans Pacific.." and "Trans Atlantic.." free trade agreements that the USA is currently attempting to force onto it's leading trade partners. Placing conservative governments into power in most of these former democracies was one of the prerequisite 'first steps' to soften their political and social battlegrounds ready for these attempted corporatist takeovers..

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down