F**K THE POOR .....

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty F**K THE POOR .....

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:16 am

First topic message reminder :






London charity The Pilion Trust has conducted a social experiment on the people of London to see if we really do care about those who are less fortunate.

A man wearing sign saying 'Fuck the poor' was sent out to the streets of the capital, and irate Londoners were secretly filmed taking the man to task for the offensive statement.

"You're just standing there like an idiot," fumes one young lady. "Is this a joke?" asks another furious Londoner. Even the police get involved, with one copper pointing to the sign and saying, "That is offensive."

Afterwards, the man flipped his sign over so that it read 'Help the poor' and he proceeded to ask for donations - but this time people completely ignored him.

Savvas Panas, the Chief Executive of the Pilion Trust, said: “We understand that some may be shocked by this footage. We are more offended, however, that people across the United Kingdom are living in adverse poverty."



http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/london/controversial-new-charity-campaign-advises-londoners-to-fuck-the-poor

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down


F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by harvesmom on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:How nice, the Daily Maul has decided the homeless are actually rich, so they don't need any help. I suggest that everyone who thinks they can be rich living in a box should go for it.

I don't think that's strictly true, I don't think it was the message the Daily Mail was giving out. It was simply the latest in a long line of very similar reports and I had read it earlier in the day and decided it was topical to post on VV's new thread.

Last weekend I got approached by a 'homeless' man in a city centre, who asked me for 50p because he was short of that for a cup of coffee. Said he standing there smoking a ciggie, but never the less I gave it to him, if I am honest just to get rid of him because he was very insistent. Next time I looked, he was standing in a shop doorway pouring half a bottle of whisky into a coke bottle. Should we be feeding alcoholic habits? How do we know which are genuinely homeless people and who are not? I got bothered by that man for the rest of the day and couldn't get rid of him because I had given him money. Never again.
harvesmom
harvesmom

Posts : 888
Join date : 2014-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:13 am

I think if I were sleeping on the streets I'd be hitting the bottle pretty hard any time I got the chance. People in dire circumstances don't think rationally.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2013/09/poverty_and_cognitive_impairment_study_shows_money_troubles_make_decision.html

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by harvesmom on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:32 am

That's as maybe, but if I were sitting here smoking 20 a day and necking a bottle of whisky every night rather than paying my mortgage I would be homeless too. Its a matter of priority, and if you are asking me to feel sorry for someone who throws alcohol down his neck rather than put a roof over his head in a hostel....
harvesmom
harvesmom

Posts : 888
Join date : 2014-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:38 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think if I were sleeping on the streets I'd be hitting the bottle pretty hard any time I got the chance. People in dire circumstances don't think rationally.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2013/09/poverty_and_cognitive_impairment_study_shows_money_troubles_make_decision.html


That's right Ben, often traumatic and extremely emotional circumstances throughout childhood have helped cement their way of thinking, as well as relationships with others...

Some do not help themselves as best they could I admit, but as I said there are Some things that could have affected people,  with no sense of security  or genuine love throughout childhood.

We all cope an deal with things differently and some just can't move on as well as others, and of course, of one lives on the street, the do- gooders assume they are on the street because they want to live on the street...nonsense...and have them all down as junkies, alcoholics and drug abusers ...just as they do with people selling the big issue.

However, i don't like it if I see the occasional beggar on the street act aggressively, but that's rare...and yes ..some are drug addicts and alcoholics...they need help, not judged and hated.

I help them out as often as I can..even if it is for a tin of beer....

It's freezing out there, and society really needs to change it's attitude , rather than kicking others when their already down.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by gerber on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:54 am

Interesting

No one picked up my post......

Why don't posters read the whole thread ?

I do.....

It has as always become personal, no need. A discussion is a discussion. Not a hit over the head who can score more points or who can knock some one out.....

Guys get a grip

as Tess said earlier it was a serious and fun place depending on the post..... at the mo this is deteriorating into nothing.

Tess I concur





_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
gerber
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:44 am

My mate was about to be evicted, i just sorted it out, by paying some of his arrears...I can remember my mum doing that for me, when i was in a housing crisis.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:02 am

After the windfall...

Doug cleared out half of our freezer, took it down to the guy, that lives a few doors down the road from us, he's really ill....Atleast, as he said, there is still someone in this road that could give a damn....He didn't say that, but in nonsensical conversation, that is what he meant.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:13 am

So what do you do and feel after you have done the same thing a dozen times because a person has got into problems the same way a dozen times?

I mean I will help those in trouble - and I will continue to help people who are at least trying to help themselves but when a person is not willing to help themselves I start withdrawing.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:50 am

sphinx wrote:So what do you do and feel after you have done the same thing a dozen times because a person has got into problems the same way a dozen times?

I mean I will help those in trouble - and I will continue to help people who are at least trying to help themselves but when a person is not willing to help themselves I start withdrawing.


You have to Sphinx. My job is to help people alter their situations and get into a position that enables them to move on. Now, whilst in the depth of the crisis, you will need to do most things for them. However as time goes on you need to begin to empower them to do things for themselves, that is a big step on the road to recovery no matter what ails you. If at that stage the person is going straight back into the pattern of behaviour/ drinking/drug abuse/ risky behaviour or what ever lead to them needing help then you have to acknowledge that perhaps they dont want to be helped. some people do enjoy living in crisis and dramarama. Until they decide to change things you are better off directing your efforts to those who want help and will engage.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Nems wrote:
sphinx wrote:So what do you do and feel after you have done the same thing a dozen times because a person has got into problems the same way a dozen times?

I mean I will help those in trouble - and I will continue to help people who are at least trying to help themselves but when a person is not willing to help themselves I start withdrawing.


You have to Sphinx. My job is to help people alter their situations and get into a position that enables them to move on. Now, whilst in the depth of the crisis, you will need to do most things for them. However as time goes on you need to begin to empower them to do things for themselves, that is a big step on the road to recovery no matter what ails you. If at that stage the person is going straight back into the  pattern of behaviour/ drinking/drug abuse/ risky behaviour or what ever lead to them needing help then you have to acknowledge that perhaps they dont want to be helped. some people do enjoy living in crisis and dramarama. Until they decide to change things you are better off directing your efforts to those who want help and will engage.

I pity anyone that would have to deal with a shit stirring bitch like you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:39 pm

Catman wrote:
Nems wrote:

You have to Sphinx. My job is to help people alter their situations and get into a position that enables them to move on. Now, whilst in the depth of the crisis, you will need to do most things for them. However as time goes on you need to begin to empower them to do things for themselves, that is a big step on the road to recovery no matter what ails you. If at that stage the person is going straight back into the  pattern of behaviour/ drinking/drug abuse/ risky behaviour or what ever lead to them needing help then you have to acknowledge that perhaps they dont want to be helped. some people do enjoy living in crisis and dramarama. Until they decide to change things you are better off directing your efforts to those who want help and will engage.

I pity anyone that would have to deal with a shit stirring bitch like you.

Yes that exactly the sort of thing I mean Phil. The last thing in creation you want to to help yourself, much easier to drink and whine and be the star in your own little shitfest.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Nems wrote:
sphinx wrote:So what do you do and feel after you have done the same thing a dozen times because a person has got into problems the same way a dozen times?

I mean I will help those in trouble - and I will continue to help people who are at least trying to help themselves but when a person is not willing to help themselves I start withdrawing.


You have to Sphinx. My job is to help people alter their situations and get into a position that enables them to move on. Now, whilst in the depth of the crisis, you will need to do most things for them. However as time goes on you need to begin to empower them to do things for themselves, that is a big step on the road to recovery no matter what ails you. If at that stage the person is going straight back into the  pattern of behaviour/ drinking/drug abuse/ risky behaviour or what ever lead to them needing help then you have to acknowledge that perhaps they dont want to be helped. some people do enjoy living in crisis and dramarama. Until they decide to change things you are better off directing your efforts to those who want help and will engage.

Make sure you have your own support network as well - sometimes it is heart breaking when someone who has got so far just throws it all away again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:28 pm

sphinx wrote:
Nems wrote:

You have to Sphinx. My job is to help people alter their situations and get into a position that enables them to move on. Now, whilst in the depth of the crisis, you will need to do most things for them. However as time goes on you need to begin to empower them to do things for themselves, that is a big step on the road to recovery no matter what ails you. If at that stage the person is going straight back into the  pattern of behaviour/ drinking/drug abuse/ risky behaviour or what ever lead to them needing help then you have to acknowledge that perhaps they dont want to be helped. some people do enjoy living in crisis and dramarama. Until they decide to change things you are better off directing your efforts to those who want help and will engage.

Make sure you have your own support network as well - sometimes it is heart breaking when someone who has got so far just throws it all away again.

Your own support network is vital.
Sometimes it is heartbreaking, some times it takes years for things to change.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Nems wrote:
Catman wrote:

I pity anyone that would have to deal with a shit stirring bitch like you.

Yes that exactly the sort of thing I mean Phil. The last thing in creation you want to to help yourself, much easier to drink and whine and be the star in your own little shitfest.

I think we can safely say that you don't know better than two separate GP's and a judge.
Support group means that you aren't required to undertake work related activities, and my next assessment isn't for a further two years.
You certainly don't have the right character for the job that you say you do.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Catman wrote:
Nems wrote:

Yes that exactly the sort of thing I mean Phil. The last thing in creation you want to to help yourself, much easier to drink and whine and be the star in your own little shitfest.

I think we can safely say that you don't know better than two separate GP's and a judge.
Support group means that you aren't required to undertake work related activities, and my next assessment isn't for a further two years.
You certainly don't have the right character for the job that you say you do.

Phil there is more to life than official assessments.

Are you happy? Are you as healthy as you could be? Are there things you do that have a negative impact on either your health, your happiness or both? Do you imagine not doing these things but feel unable to stop?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Catman wrote:
Nems wrote:

Yes that exactly the sort of thing I mean Phil. The last thing in creation you want to to help yourself, much easier to drink and whine and be the star in your own little shitfest.

I think we can safely say that you don't know better than two separate GP's and a judge.
Support group means that you aren't required to undertake work related activities, and my next assessment isn't for a further two years.
You certainly don't have the right character for the job that you say you do.

Firstly why does everything have to be about you? You carry on like you are the only self obsessed drunk in Britain.

But as you brought it up, your attitude is typical of you, no wish or desire to get better and be a contributor to society, just a smug self congratulation because two gps and a judge believe you cant work and so you can wallow for the next 18 months.

You dont know me and you know nothing of my character or what I do, so your assertion is no more that your usual hatred and ranting.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Nems wrote:
Catman wrote:

I think we can safely say that you don't know better than two separate GP's and a judge.
Support group means that you aren't required to undertake work related activities, and my next assessment isn't for a further two years.
You certainly don't have the right character for the job that you say you do.

Firstly why does everything have to be about you? You carry on like you are the only self obsessed drunk in Britain.

But as you brought it up, your attitude is typical of you, no wish or desire to get better and be a contributor to society, just a smug self congratulation because two gps and a judge believe you cant work and so you can wallow for the next 18 months.

You dont know me and you know nothing of my character or what I do, so your assertion is no more that your usual hatred and ranting.  

You are the one that started this latest shit stirring fest, from reading your posts, half the time you don't even realise that you are doing it, which shows a big flaw in your character tbf.
You really are in no position to sit in moral judgement over others, and you are the one that is hateful and ranting, the pathetic and spiteful bitch that you are.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Catman wrote:
Nems wrote:

Firstly why does everything have to be about you? You carry on like you are the only self obsessed drunk in Britain.

But as you brought it up, your attitude is typical of you, no wish or desire to get better and be a contributor to society, just a smug self congratulation because two gps and a judge believe you cant work and so you can wallow for the next 18 months.

You dont know me and you know nothing of my character or what I do, so your assertion is no more that your usual hatred and ranting.  

You are the one that started this latest shit stirring fest, from reading your posts, half the time you don't even realise that you are doing it, which shows a big flaw in your character tbf.
You really are in no position to sit in moral judgement over others, and you are the one that is hateful and ranting, the pathetic and spiteful bitch that you are.

Yeah yeah yeah none of which alters the fact that being declared unfit for work is, in your view, the best thing to happen for many a day.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Nems wrote:
Catman wrote:

You are the one that started this latest shit stirring fest, from reading your posts, half the time you don't even realise that you are doing it, which shows a big flaw in your character tbf.
You really are in no position to sit in moral judgement over others, and you are the one that is hateful and ranting, the pathetic and spiteful bitch that you are.

Yeah yeah yeah none of which alters the fact that being declared unfit for work is, in your view, the best thing to happen for many a day.

Stress removal is good for anxiety  Rolling Eyes 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Catman wrote:
Nems wrote:

Yeah yeah yeah none of which alters the fact that being declared unfit for work is, in your view, the best thing to happen for many a day.

Stress removal is good for anxiety  Rolling Eyes 

Better by far is getting off your arse and getting a life.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Nems wrote:
Catman wrote:

Stress removal is good for anxiety  Rolling Eyes 

Better by far is getting off your arse and getting a life.

Yeah..yeah....You pretend to know what you're talking about but as usual you know jack shit, you smug old bat. ::zomb:: ::zomb:: ::zomb:: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Catman wrote:
Nems wrote:

Better by far is getting off your arse and getting a life.

Yeah..yeah....You pretend to know what you're talking about but as usual you know jack shit, you smug old bat. ::zomb:: ::zomb:: ::zomb:: 

Where you are concerned I do know

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Eeeeenough!!!!!



Ohh, I just love saying that, I'm off for a wee nipple tweak nooo!! Laughing 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Nems wrote:
Catman wrote:

Yeah..yeah....You pretend to know what you're talking about but as usual you know jack shit, you smug old bat. ::zomb:: ::zomb:: ::zomb:: 

Where you are concerned I do know

 Sleep Sleep Sleep  You think you do.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Catman wrote:
Nems wrote:

Where you are concerned I do know

 Sleep Sleep Sleep  You think you do.

Be fair Phil there is nothing in your life that you dont bore the shite out of everyone on here with

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Nems wrote:
Catman wrote:

 Sleep Sleep Sleep  You think you do.

Be fair Phil there is nothing in your life that you dont bore the shite out of everyone on here with

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Fcfc3d7854

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: F**K THE POOR .....

Post by gerber on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Catman wrote:
Nems wrote:

Be fair Phil there is nothing in your life that you dont bore the shite out of everyone on here with

F**K THE POOR ..... - Page 2 Fcfc3d7854


 flower lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Made my Friday, will enjoy the rest of my evening....

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
gerber
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum