Exclusive: Match.com asks bisexuals to pay DOUBLE to search for both men and women

Go down

Exclusive: Match.com asks bisexuals to pay DOUBLE to search for both men and women Empty Exclusive: Match.com asks bisexuals to pay DOUBLE to search for both men and women

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:10 am

PinkNews Exclusive
Dating website Match.com has asked bisexual customers to pay for two separate subscriptions if they want to be able search for both men and women.

In a customer service reply to a bisexual user obtained by Pink News (h/t Emily Magdij), the company admitted: “We understand you are bisexual and would like to be able to search for both men and women”.

“Bisexual members would be required to have 2 separate profiles. Unfortunately, this would mean purchasing two separate subscriptions.”

Exclusive: Match.com asks bisexuals to pay DOUBLE to search for both men and women Match-com-bisexuality

The message continued: ”Please accept our apologies as we realise this is not an ideal solution.”

As subscription packages to Match.com cost between £6.49 and £29.99 a month, this could leave bisexual users spending up to £60 per month on the service.

The reply, which is from last August, did say that “the specific requirements of bisexual members (…) can be taken into consideration for future updates to the website”, however to date the website still offers no support for bisexual users.

A spokesperson for Match.com did not immediately respond to questions from Pink News, but confirmed they will look into the matter and draft a response.

The dating website, which claims to be the UK’s best known, has supported lesbian and gay users for many years.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/04/07/match-com-asks-bisexuals-to-pay-double-to-search-for-both-men-and-women/

Comments....

Colin • 31 minutes ago

Pathetic. Just get a programmer to link. Who ever thought to double the cost just alienated a market. Well competitors who will be first to offer equality of choice! Gain a market and do what is right by offering equal rights. It really should not matter.

Share ›

BlokeToys.co.uk • 3 minutes ago

This is not a technical issue, this is a monetary decision. Having worked with social and dating networks there is no technical excuse they can use. Membership of such a service should be per user, not per category of user they wish to interact with.

What do they propose next, different payment levels depending on which region of the country you're looking? Does someone need to pay again to view profiles of people in Wales?

This is just plain wrong, and there is no excuse for it other than attempting to increase profits by picking on a group of members.

Share ›

Barry William Teske • 24 minutes ago

It never ceases.
Profit before humanity.

Looks like the market just made room for a truly inclusive service.

Share ›

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .....Ain't it just.

Back to top Go down

Exclusive: Match.com asks bisexuals to pay DOUBLE to search for both men and women Empty Re: Exclusive: Match.com asks bisexuals to pay DOUBLE to search for both men and women

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:19 am

seems reasonable to me....

straight I can understand
gay i can understand
trans I can understand
bisexual uh hu.........Just plain bloody greedy if you ask me...

Back to top Go down

Exclusive: Match.com asks bisexuals to pay DOUBLE to search for both men and women Empty Re: Exclusive: Match.com asks bisexuals to pay DOUBLE to search for both men and women

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:22 am

I'm in a bit of a quandry about this Phil, because in a way I can see their point, and in a way I can't and that's not normal for me lol   I guess it was something they didn't think about when they set it up. Perhaps Bi's could spend three months looking for women and three months looking for men! Just a thought.

Victor, made me giggle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:28 am

I think it's discrimination tbf...They should admit though, 'be prepared for marriage/ girlfriend counselling' ...On their adds though! Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:35 am

Sassy wrote:I'm in a bit of a quandry about this Phil, because in a way I can see their point, and in a way I can't and that's not normal for me lol   I guess it was something they didn't think about when they set it up.   Perhaps Bi's could spend three months looking for women and three months looking for men!   Just a thought.

Victor, made me giggle!

Works a treat, when both parties have worked out the gig though, he used to take me to his girlfriends pub!  Razz 

....Or rather, i knew but she didn't....She said...'He's all over the place that boy'  Laughing ....'You don't know the half of it'... Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:37 am

.....We had a good old game going on there.....Bloody hilarious, when we both exposed him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:39 am

....I was there to pick up the pieces though!  Laughing Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:51 am

.....Also, they are quite choosy, over the gay guys that they get involved with.....Must be straight acting!

...I used to love it though! Razz ..Going in a gay bar, then a straight bar...He used to take me to some very rough pubs, was a bit of a game!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:54 am

......He was banished from here years ago!  Laughing Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum