The bullshit thread

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Not sure I should be mentioning this on here, but some members got PMs from Dean saying the site may be down for a while.  I suppose if it's down that people will notice anyway, so I'm not giving private details away.  Seems like he's received a serious complaint about content or something; not sure if he meant it was from the forom site people, but it might be something to do with the Turkish government who are having a crackdown on social networking site.  Not sure tbh.  Anyway it's a shame because In a Flap used to be such a good site where people had freedom of speech.   Sad


Last edited by Tesstacious on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:45 pm


Joy Division wrote:Regards to what HA said...

Last night Sphinx you said you were upset at him comparing Hugh and Blair to someone with Tourette's,..


You said that your guest with Tourette's would get upset if you told him someone on the forum had made this comparison.....

Now, if you had a modicum of discretion and even sense...you just would not tell your Tourette s friend this..

Well doesn't that mean you just wouldn't tell your Tourette's friend who is sitting next to you what HA had said then?



Now, I'm telling each of you pretending to be offended right now...

Please stop this pitiful bullshit, your ADO was full of deliberately mocking disabled people and barns, people don't forget that and trying to create a victim in yourself is just not working...

You are no victim Sphinx, the people who remember ain't buying this, when you were far more willing to let the slander of disabled People run rife on ADO...

Now if anyone thinks HA has done wrong, them see him, bit I know he has not meant it in the manner described.

Stop this bullshit and pretending to point ps score and be offended.

Enough.

Oh right so now I am supposed to treat my guest as "special" and protect them from investigating things for themselves.

Get this through your head idiot - I do not treat friends with disabilities any different from friends without - and when my friends ask me what I am doing I bloody well tell them which has resulted in more than one looking the forum up off their own back on their own machine (shock horror who knew tourettes sufferers might be able to go and look at what their friends were doing without having to ask permission from someone to make sure it was safe for them)

I am also not so dumb as to think there is only one tourettes affected in the world who might stumble onto a public forum and read what was being written.

Nobody is pretending to be offended - at no point have I claimed offence. What I have said is that I am pissed off that certain people find it acceptable to use the term tourettes in a way they find it completely unacceptable to use the term gay, or spastic.

Do you think pissed off means the same as offended JD?

I certainly dont and never have claimed to be the victim - I am simply aware that others are and I was trying to make the people doing the victimizing aware of what they were doing without thinking.

Again where I advertise no rules I practice no rules - where someone advertises standards I expect them to practice those standards. Stop and think on that for a minute and see if you can work it out.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Joy Division wrote:Regards to what HA said...

Last night Sphinx you said you were upset at him comparing Hugh and Blair to someone with Tourette's,..


You said that your guest with Tourette's would get upset if you told him someone on the forum had made this comparison.....

Now, if you had a modicum of discretion and even sense...you just would not tell your Tourette s friend this..

Well doesn't that mean you just wouldn't tell your Tourette's friend who is sitting next to you what HA had said then?



Now, I'm telling each of you pretending to be offended right now...

Please stop this pitiful bullshit, your ADO was full of deliberately mocking disabled people and barns, people don't forget that and trying to create a victim in yourself is just not working...

You are no victim Sphinx, the people who remember ain't buying this, when you were far more willing to let the slander of disabled People run rife on ADO...

Now if anyone thinks HA has done wrong, them see him, bit I know he has not meant it in the manner described.

Stop this bullshit and pretending to point score and be offended.

Enough.


You really dont get it do you??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:47 pm

or is it that you "dont want to get it"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:50 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


Oh right, it's all my fault  Rolling Eyes 

What a chancer.

IT's NOT about people JD...and certainly not about "YOU".....


Well you earlier indicated it was ME Vic, after you said it's no longer about HA or what he said.

Your above post refers to the progressive camp...who are they then Vic?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Angry Andy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Just logged on again.
What a furore over me saying that D&D act like a couple of tourettes sufferers.
JD has it spot on.
Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.
The unmoderated ADO as as bad then as Flop is now.
Sphinx invited Dean to assist her, so we know which way her allegiances lie.
The simple thing is, if you think that someone in the same room might be offended by what is posted on here, ADO or Flop, don't let them read it!

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3858
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:53 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Regards to what HA said...

Last night Sphinx you said you were upset at him comparing Hugh and Blair to someone with Tourette's,..


You said that your guest with Tourette's would get upset if you told him someone on the forum had made this comparison.....

Now, if you had a modicum of discretion and even sense...you just would not tell your Tourette s friend this..

Well doesn't that mean you just wouldn't tell your Tourette's friend who is sitting next to you what HA had said then?



Now, I'm telling each of you pretending to be offended right now...

Please stop this pitiful bullshit, your ADO was full of deliberately mocking disabled people and barns, people don't forget that and trying to create a victim in yourself is just not working...

You are no victim Sphinx, the people who remember ain't buying this, when you were far more willing to let the slander of disabled People run rife on ADO...

Now if anyone thinks HA has done wrong, them see him, bit I know he has not meant it in the manner described.

Stop this bullshit and pretending to point score and be offended.

Enough.


You really dont get it do you??


No I don't Vic, and the reason for that is you choose to ignore or sweep under the carpet the way sphinx behaved regards to "spazzies ' etc...and now pretends to be the victim by taking something out of context mad playing you for a mug..


You weren't around then so I suppose it's hard for you to see the upmost hypocrisy of it all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:54 pm

So...I repeat, am I free to use the word gay in a derogatory manner?
am I free to use the word "muzzie"?

WITHOUT criticism???

no?

I didnt think so...

You see HA...its gone beyond "YOU and what you said"

all you have done is expose the rotteness of the progressive camp...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:55 pm

victor - are you the guy who ran spekkensfrei?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Just logged on again.
What a furore over me saying that D&D act like a couple of tourettes sufferers.
JD has it spot on.
Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.
The unmoderated ADO as as bad then as Flop is now.
Sphinx invited Dean to assist her, so we know which way her allegiances lie.
The simple thing is, if you think that someone in the same room might be offended by what is posted on here, ADO or Flop, don't let them read it!

The unmoderated ADO as as bad then as Flop is now



And do you as an individual want newsfix to be as bad as those too or do you want it to be a decent place?

Because if you want it to be a decent place you need to apply the standards and decency to all dont you? You need to say if you cannot use "gay" as a derogative term you cannot used "tourettes" as derogative term either dont you?

Unless of course what you mean is ADO/IAF are bad because they let all abuse all but Newsfix must be a place where only some are free to abuse and be different that way. Your choice.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Just logged on again.
What a furore over me saying that D&D act like a couple of tourettes sufferers.
JD has it spot on.
Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.
The unmoderated ADO as as bad then as Flop is now.
Sphinx invited Dean to assist her, so we know which way her allegiances lie.
The simple thing is, if you think that someone in the same room might be offended by what is posted on here, ADO or Flop, don't let them read it!


That's it Andy,,,cast the first stone and we know full well who done that and the torrent of anise we received, giving us no option as it got that bad directed at our family members...that we have it back ..with extras.

I'm trying to let Vic get the full picture here Andy...but it's going out the other lug...

Many of us know you never meant to say anything in a bad way, especially having a kid yourself with disabilities...

Maybe Vic will understand it coming from you, as he seems to have singled ' the problem' onto me....courtesy of some hypocritical drama From Sphinx!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Joy Division wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

You really dont get it do you??


No I don't Vic, and the reason for that is you choose to ignore or sweep under the carpet the way sphinx behaved regards to "spazzies ' etc...and now pretends to be the victim by taking something out of context mad playing you for a mug..


You weren't around then so I suppose it's hard for you to see the upmost hypocrisy of it all.

NOPE I see it alright....and IT IS NOT about sphinx, HA, YOU ror anyone one else in particular...

It is about the two faced mindset of the "progressives" (liberalists), who have crawled out of the woodwork to defend what was merely a "slip of the tongue" or at worst poor judgement, and yet would be the first to hang me as a nazi for using any number of words in a similar fashion.

All I see is ITS OK for one of US (the 2progressive" )to use labels/stereotypes etc..BUT dont you horrible lot DARE do it......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:00 pm

sphinx wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Just logged on again.
What a furore over me saying that D&D act like a couple of tourettes sufferers.
JD has it spot on.
Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.
The unmoderated ADO as as bad then as Flop is now.
Sphinx invited Dean to assist her, so we know which way her allegiances lie.
The simple thing is, if you think that someone in the same room might be offended by what is posted on here, ADO or Flop, don't let them read it!

The unmoderated ADO as as bad then as Flop is now



And do you as an individual want newsfix to be as bad as those too or do you want it to be a decent place?

Because if you want it to be a decent place you need to apply the standards and decency to all dont you?  You need to say if you cannot use "gay" as a derogative term you cannot used "tourettes" as derogative term either dont you?

Unless of course what you mean is ADO/IAF are bad because they let all abuse all but Newsfix must be a place where only some are free to abuse and be different that way.  Your choice.



..this is a fine forum , the best by far up to now, I'm sure we will keep it that way Sphinx.Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:


Lawyer!

lol

i'm sure she was really...lol

She is, in fact I've been to her family law firm.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Just logged on again.
What a furore over me saying that D&D act like a couple of tourettes sufferers.
JD has it spot on.
Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.
The unmoderated ADO as as bad then as Flop is now.
Sphinx invited Dean to assist her, so we know which way her allegiances lie.
The simple thing is, if you think that someone in the same room might be offended by what is posted on here, ADO or Flop, don't let them read it!


That's it Andy,,,cast the first stone and we know full well who done that and the torrent of anise we received, giving us no option as it got that bad directed at our family members...that we have it back ..with extras.

I'm trying to let Vic get the full picture here Andy...but it's going out the other lug...

Many of us know you never meant to say anything in a bad way, especially having a kid yourself with disabilities...

Maybe Vic will understand it coming from you, as he seems to have singled ' the problem' onto me....courtesy of some hypocritical drama   From Sphinx!

Bog off JD...stop trying to divert...YOU are not that important....

I keep telling you its NOT about "persons"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Joy Division wrote:
sphinx wrote:

The unmoderated ADO as as bad then as Flop is now



And do you as an individual want newsfix to be as bad as those too or do you want it to be a decent place?

Because if you want it to be a decent place you need to apply the standards and decency to all dont you?  You need to say if you cannot use "gay" as a derogative term you cannot used "tourettes" as derogative term either dont you?

Unless of course what you mean is ADO/IAF are bad because they let all abuse all but Newsfix must be a place where only some are free to abuse and be different that way.  Your choice.



..this is a fine forum , the best by far up to now, I'm sure we will keep it that way Sphinx.Smile

politicians answer...avoiding the question

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Joy Division wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

You really dont get it do you??


No I don't Vic, and the reason for that is you choose to ignore or sweep under the carpet the way sphinx behaved regards to "spazzies ' etc...and now pretends to be the victim by taking something out of context mad playing you for a mug..


You weren't around then so I suppose it's hard for you to see the upmost hypocrisy of it all.

Sphinx is not pretending to be a victim - she is pointing at an uninvolved group and saying hey do you lot realize you are making that group victims and in the past when I have done that you have told me it is wrong so now when I see you doing the thing you told me was wrong to do I am telling you.

It seems that instead of me learning that such stuff should be stopped you lot have learned that doing such stuff is OK.

4 years ago I did something - you told me it was wrong.

Now you do the same thing.

I tell you that it is wrong because that is what you told me it was.

But you tell me that because of what I did 4 years ago I am not allowed to say it is wrong now.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:03 pm

town hall clock....faces.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:04 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


No I don't Vic, and the reason for that is you choose to ignore or sweep under the carpet the way sphinx behaved regards to "spazzies ' etc...and now pretends to be the victim by taking something out of context mad playing you for a mug..


You weren't around then so I suppose it's hard for you to see the upmost hypocrisy of it all.

NOPE I see it alright....and IT IS NOT about sphinx, HA, YOU  ror anyone one else in particular...

It is about the two faced mindset of the "progressives" (liberalists), who have crawled out of the woodwork to defend what was merely a "slip of the tongue" or at worst poor judgement, and yet would be the first to hang me as a nazi for using any number of words in a similar fashion.

All I see is ITS OK for one of US (the 2progressive" )to use labels/stereotypes etc..BUT dont you horrible lot DARE do it......


Bloody disgraceful Vic...you used the word Nazi..bad lad  Laughing 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:05 pm

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


No I don't Vic, and the reason for that is you choose to ignore or sweep under the carpet the way sphinx behaved regards to "spazzies ' etc...and now pretends to be the victim by taking something out of context mad playing you for a mug..


You weren't around then so I suppose it's hard for you to see the upmost hypocrisy of it all.

Sphinx is not pretending to be a victim - she is pointing at an uninvolved group and saying hey do you lot realize you are making that group victims and in the past when I have done that you have told me it is wrong so now when I see you doing the thing you told me was wrong to do I am telling you.

It seems that instead of me learning that such stuff should be stopped you lot have learned that doing such stuff is OK.

4 years ago I did something - you told me it was wrong.

It was probably OK 4 years ago, but ONLY if the progressives did it

Now you do the same thing.

I tell you that it is wrong because that is what you told me it was.

But you tell me that because of what I did 4 years ago  I am not allowed to say it is wrong now.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:05 pm

I am really starting to wonder what rehabilitative justice would be like.

Man steals purse.
Man is caught prosecuted and award rehabilitation.
Man learns stealing is wrong
Man sees other man stealing purse.
Man shouts hey he cant do that it is wrong.
Man is told that other man can steal purse because once upon a time he stole a purse.

What conclusions is the man supposed to draw from that?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:06 pm

sphinx wrote:
Joy Division wrote:


No I don't Vic, and the reason for that is you choose to ignore or sweep under the carpet the way sphinx behaved regards to "spazzies ' etc...and now pretends to be the victim by taking something out of context mad playing you for a mug..


You weren't around then so I suppose it's hard for you to see the upmost hypocrisy of it all.

Sphinx is not pretending to be a victim - she is pointing at an uninvolved group and saying hey do you lot realize you are making that group victims and in the past when I have done that you have told me it is wrong so now when I see you doing the thing you told me was wrong to do I am telling you.

It seems that instead of me learning that such stuff should be stopped you lot have learned that doing such stuff is OK.

4 years ago I did something - you told me it was wrong.

Now you do the same thing.

I tell you that it is wrong because that is what you told me it was.

But you tell me that because of what I did 4 years ago  I am not allowed to say it is wrong now.


Bollocks are we doing the same thing.   Swearing IS a symptom, one of many.   Hugh and Durham DO sound like they have the symptom, and that is not denigrating people who can't help it, that is denigrating Hugh and Durham when they can.   And we have all said that HA should have thought twice before using 'mong'.

If I said that BA sounds like someone with Asbergers, because he can't seem to relate to people properly, that doesn't denigrate people with Asbergers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:08 pm


victorisnotamused wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Sphinx is not pretending to be a victim - she is pointing at an uninvolved group and saying hey do you lot realize you are making that group victims and in the past when I have done that you have told me it is wrong so now when I see you doing the thing you told me was wrong to do I am telling you.

It seems that instead of me learning that such stuff should be stopped you lot have learned that doing such stuff is OK.

4 years ago I did something - you told me it was wrong.

It was probably OK 4 years ago, but ONLY if the progressives did it

Now you do the same thing.

I tell you that it is wrong because that is what you told me it was.

But you tell me that because of what I did 4 years ago  I am not allowed to say it is wrong now.


 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Actually it is a completely different moral argument - I let what happen happen because I had made it clear I would not moderate and people were responsible for their own posts I was not responsible for them and would allow them to stand even if I totally disagreed with them.

However there are a lot of people struggling with a single moral concept right now I decided to not try and confuse them further.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Not struggling in the least.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:10 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Sphinx is not pretending to be a victim - she is pointing at an uninvolved group and saying hey do you lot realize you are making that group victims and in the past when I have done that you have told me it is wrong so now when I see you doing the thing you told me was wrong to do I am telling you.

It seems that instead of me learning that such stuff should be stopped you lot have learned that doing such stuff is OK.

4 years ago I did something - you told me it was wrong.

Now you do the same thing.

I tell you that it is wrong because that is what you told me it was.

But you tell me that because of what I did 4 years ago  I am not allowed to say it is wrong now.


Bollocks are we doing the same thing.   Swearing IS a symptom, one of many.   Hugh and Durham DO sound like they have the symptom, and that is not denigrating people who can't help it, that is denigrating Hugh and Durham when they can.   And we have all said that HA should have thought twice before using 'mong'.

If I said that BA sounds like someone with Asbergers, because he can't seem to relate to people properly, that doesn't denigrate people with Asbergers.


So...If I called someone on here a "screaming queen" or worse............gerrof...you know what would happen.....
You are defending the indefensible (NOT HA'S WORDS they are IRRELEVANT now) that is, the duality of standards held by the progressives....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Sphinx is not pretending to be a victim - she is pointing at an uninvolved group and saying hey do you lot realize you are making that group victims and in the past when I have done that you have told me it is wrong so now when I see you doing the thing you told me was wrong to do I am telling you.

It seems that instead of me learning that such stuff should be stopped you lot have learned that doing such stuff is OK.

4 years ago I did something - you told me it was wrong.

Now you do the same thing.

I tell you that it is wrong because that is what you told me it was.

But you tell me that because of what I did 4 years ago  I am not allowed to say it is wrong now.


Bollocks are we doing the same thing.   Swearing IS a symptom, one of many.   Hugh and Durham DO sound like they have the symptom, and that is not denigrating people who can't help it, that is denigrating Hugh and Durham when they can.   And we have all said that HA should have thought twice before using 'mong'.

If I said that BA sounds like someone with Asbergers, because he can't seem to relate to people properly, that doesn't denigrate people with Asbergers.

So by that argument it is perfectly acceptable to call a man with a mincing type walk that he is gay because a mincing walk is somthing seen in a certain portion of gays - and saying mincing is gay is not denigrating gay people at all is it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Sassy wrote:Not struggling in the least.

No I know you arent.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:12 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Bollocks are we doing the same thing.   Swearing IS a symptom, one of many.   Hugh and Durham DO sound like they have the symptom, and that is not denigrating people who can't help it, that is denigrating Hugh and Durham when they can.   And we have all said that HA should have thought twice before using 'mong'.

If I said that BA sounds like someone with Asbergers, because he can't seem to relate to people properly, that doesn't denigrate people with Asbergers.


So...If I called someone on here a "screaming queen" or worse............gerrof...you know what would happen.....
You are defending the indefensible (NOT HA'S WORDS they are IRRELEVANT now) that is, the duality of  standards held by the progressives....

That's total rubbish.   'a screaming queen' is in itself degratory, saying swearing is something Tourettes suffers do is not.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:


So...If I called someone on here a "screaming queen" or worse............gerrof...you know what would happen.....
You are defending the indefensible (NOT HA'S WORDS they are IRRELEVANT now) that is, the duality of  standards held by the progressives....

That's total rubbish.   'a screaming queen' is in itself degratory, saying swearing is something Tourettes suffers do is not.

The 90% of sufferers who do not have that particular symptom would disagree with you sassy - but they dont count do they because they are not here and are just sufferers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:19 pm

FGS, yes, only 10 - 15% do, but it is a symptom.

Not all sufferers of CLL have chronic fatigue, but it is a symptom. Would I get offended if someone who was very tired all the time was told they sounded like they had CLL?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:21 pm

My thread's been hijacked!

Can we not separate this into two threads - the original topic and the new one about Tourettes?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:29 pm

MY name is Connor. I am sphinx's guest.
I am 17 and I have been suffering with Pure tourettes since the age of two and my first symptoms included squinting at bright lights and head twisting. since my twitches have progressed over the years from coughing and clearing my throat to flapping my arms. i have never once had verbal tourettes that is because there are different types of tourettes and pure tourettes only give you physical twitches so to brand someone who swears as a touretrtes victim really damages my self-esteem as i have been trying control methods since a young age and i am coping well so i'd prefer if you didnt brand people with tourettes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Angry Andy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:36 pm

sphinx wrote:I am really starting to wonder what rehabilitative justice would be like.

Man steals purse.
Man is caught prosecuted and award rehabilitation.
Man learns stealing is wrong
Man sees other man stealing purse.
Man shouts hey he cant do that it is wrong.
Man is told that other man can steal purse because once upon a time he stole a purse.

What conclusions is the man supposed to draw from that?
Man is a poor thief, as he keeps getting caught?

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3858
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
sphinx wrote:I am really starting to wonder what rehabilitative justice would be like.

Man steals purse.
Man is caught prosecuted and award rehabilitation.
Man learns stealing is wrong
Man sees other man stealing purse.
Man shouts hey he cant do that it is wrong.
Man is told that other man can steal purse because once upon a time he stole a purse.

What conclusions is the man supposed to draw from that?
Man is a poor thief, as he keeps getting caught?

You really will go to any lengths defending the illusion that you did not make an accidental mistake wont you?

The guy only got caught one and learned that stealing is wrong - until he saw someone else stealing and tried to get them stopped only to be told they should not be stopped because he had stolen in the past

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Once you have laid your evidence out more than twice, argued your point very well and the other side ignore what you're saying and start mocking you it's time to leave the debate.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:43 pm

sphinx wrote:MY name is Connor. I am sphinx's guest.
I am 17 and I have been suffering with Pure tourettes since the age of two and my first symptoms included squinting at bright lights and head twisting. since my twitches have progressed over the years from coughing and clearing my throat to flapping my arms. i have never once had verbal tourettes that is because there are different types of tourettes and pure tourettes only give you physical twitches so to brand someone who swears as a touretrtes victim really damages my self-esteem as i have been trying control methods since a young age and i am coping well so i'd prefer if you didnt brand people with tourettes


Squinting the eyes ...my wee lad does that when he is pointing to something ,as  well as also flaps  his arms and also gets unwell very easily and often by way of infections, bugs etc...

Pleased to meet you Connor and sorry to hear that pal, maybe you can tell Sphinx it's just a pity she never took the time to listen to my son' s problems on ADO where she happily allowed the abuse of him by a couple of idiots, in fact, tell her it's a pity she also encouraged it and also said Scots would spend 10 pence to save a child from a paedophile. I sympathies you Connor, but If Sphinx really had your feelings to heart, she would never even tell you about the subject of Tourette's on here, let alone make much more out of it than it was...

Neither would she use you as a weapon or your condition as a trading post to offload her hypocrisy or self sympathy.


Last edited by Joy Division on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
sphinx wrote:I am really starting to wonder what rehabilitative justice would be like.

Man steals purse.
Man is caught prosecuted and award rehabilitation.
Man learns stealing is wrong
Man sees other man stealing purse.
Man shouts hey he cant do that it is wrong.
Man is told that other man can steal purse because once upon a time he stole a purse.

What conclusions is the man supposed to draw from that?
Man is a poor thief, as he keeps getting caught?


What's wrong with you BA?...you would normally be the first to condemn a thief...

Selective stuff though buddy eh?


Hope your not still pissed about the3 strikes chief? Laughing 

Shouldn't you be in agreement with HA on this one BA?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Angry Andy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:48 pm

sphinx wrote:MY name is Connor. I am sphinx's guest.
I am 17 and I have been suffering with Pure tourettes since the age of two and my first symptoms included squinting at bright lights and head twisting. since my twitches have progressed over the years from coughing and clearing my throat to flapping my arms. i have never once had verbal tourettes that is because there are different types of tourettes and pure tourettes only give you physical twitches so to brand someone who swears as a touretrtes victim really damages my self-esteem as i have been trying control methods since a young age and i am coping well so i'd prefer if you didnt brand people with tourettes
I salute you Connor.
I am sure you will make a success of your life as you are confronting your condition, in the same way as the most famous tourettes sufferer in football - Everton's Tim Howard is doing.
My comments were aimed at 2 Muslim hating, racist homophobes on another forum who swear like the most verbally afflicted tourettes sufferer.
Those on here who know of them and will testify to that.
Regular readers of this forum will know that I rarely swear or abuse to ANYONE on this forum, therefore any bad , crude or irreverent language I use is NOT aimed at anyone here.
This is an adult forum where adult topics are discussed, things sometime do get heated, in particular the language used.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3858
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:54 pm

sphinx wrote:MY name is Connor. I am sphinx's guest.
I am 17 and I have been suffering with Pure tourettes since the age of two and my first symptoms included squinting at bright lights and head twisting. since my twitches have progressed over the years from coughing and clearing my throat to flapping my arms. i have never once had verbal tourettes that is because there are different types of tourettes and pure tourettes only give you physical twitches so to brand someone who swears as a touretrtes victim really damages my self-esteem as i have been trying control methods since a young age and i am coping well so i'd prefer if you didnt brand people with tourettes

Hello Connor, very pleased to meet you, and very glad you don't have verbal Tourettes.   However, if you are old enough to come on here and talk about it, which is very brave of you, you will have to admit that some suffers do swear a lot and are verbally inappropriate so it can be a symptom. You will have to excuse me talking straight with you, but I do the same with my grandaughter who has celebral palsy.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:00 pm

So the net result is a group of people telling a tourettes sufferer that it is perfectly OK to call scum who happen to swear "tourettes"

Fine I will take up calling scum who wear pink "gay".

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:27 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Hardly a surprise if Flop is in jeopardy.
The Turkish authorities are taking a very dim view and stern action against social media sites and forums, especially those that are critical or insulting of Islam.
Already they shut Facebook and YouTube.  I think Twitter is on their radar too.
Can't help their cause if the authories are aware that Dean is running an illegal site using proxy servers to conceal the origin of the host.

good news , can't stand the man ::D::

Is it because he banned you and your husband ://?roflmao?/: 

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2773
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:31 pm

ooops the liar, i mean lawyers back... Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:44 pm

dean and me haven't liked each other before flop when he used to stalk me on ado , nothing to do with flop and  I reported him a few times for not allowing me   or my hubby to delete our accounts because he changed our email addresses and passwords , big mistake and forumotion frowned upon his actions , i am very happy he is having problems with his flop of a site he should behave responsibly and not like a total dope Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Eilzel on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:09 pm

I think the point many are missing here is that HA didn't use tourettes as an observation; but as an attempt to add insult to two other posters. Now I may not think much of the attitudes of those posters, but the point here is 'tourettes' was added to belittle them as so as an insult, and in the same way gay has been used as an insult so to was tourettes in this instance. And let's be honest, when people, mostly RWers in the past have used such terms they have been pounced on (rightly so), but it IS double standards at play here.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5920
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Angry Andy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:17 pm

Not entirely right, Les.
They wear their filth as a badge of honour. The cruder they are the happier they seem.
I labelled with with the title they aspire to.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3858
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Not entirely right, Les.
They wear their filth as a badge of honour.  The cruder they are the happier they seem.
I labelled with with the title they aspire to.

Seriously?

You think that anyone - even a total scum bag - would aspire to have a neurological disability that causes vast amounts of distress to sufferers?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Angry Andy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Who can tell the depths to which D&D are prepared to plumb?
One only has to view the language and intonation of the abuse they hurl at Scrat and other lw'ers to realise they just aren't right.
At least with a label they can probably justify themselves .

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 3858
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 60
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Who can tell the depths to which D&D are prepared to plumb?
One only has to view the language and intonation of the abuse they hurl at Scrat and other lw'ers to realise they just aren't right.
At least with a label they can probably justify themselves .

For fuck sake this is not about how bad they are

This is about whether or not you have better standards than them.

Right now it is is a close run thing as to whether you are just as bad seeing as you seem to be arguing that it is acceptable to be as sick as they are because they were sick first.

Honestly Andy I had you pegged as one of the decent stand up guys - I might disagree with your politics but I thought you were alright. Your position over the last 24 hours is causing me to reassess that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Eilzel on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Andy the point is if D&D were going around calling people mongs and saying they suffered tourettes then you would be with those claiming they are being offensive- to do it yourself then does come across as having double standards.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 5920
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 32
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:40 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:
I suspect Deans absence has nothing to do with anyone reporting his site.
If anything, it probably has more to do with the Turkish authorities finally catching up with the founder, owner and administrator of a racist and anti Muslim forum which is being illegally run from Mersin, contrary to Turkish law.


Well this has certainly opened my eyes: I thought the one who'd be crowing about Dean's possible demise would be Catman - but it's not, it's VoD and you Handshandy.  If someone had reported Dean to the authorities we all know who it is now.  As for spite - well!

Quote Handy Andy:

Hardly a surprise if Flop is in jeopardy.
The Turkish authorities are taking a very dim view and stern action against social media sites and forums, especially those that are critical or insulting of Islam.
Already they shut Facebook and YouTube. I think Twitter is on their radar too.
Can't help their cause if the authories are aware that Dean is running an illegal site using proxy servers to conceal the origin of the host....

The Turkish security services and authorities will certainly be monitoring electronic traffic; GCHQ and the NSA do, as do every country.  Certain keywords are flagged , repetitive use of those words on the same site over a period wll trigger a security alert.
If the words Muslim and terrorist are continually used - as they are on flop, there is little wonder it creates interest.
The site need not be 'reported' - the likes of Tom and Kaka could themselves be the chief unwitting instigators....

Might be a an amiable gent on here JD, but the spineless , homophobic, racist and nazi twonks on the failed site find me less pleasant.
It's a poor site these days, ruined by tourettes sufferers, neo Nazi's and mongols almost too stupid to breathe such as Dumb and Dumber ( "Oh, I agree")...

Well, put it this way, i'm not exactly weeping!

 ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The bullshit thread

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:46 pm

Sassy wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:


So...If I called someone on here a "screaming queen" or worse............gerrof...you know what would happen.....
You are defending the indefensible (NOT HA'S WORDS they are IRRELEVANT now) that is, the duality of  standards held by the progressives....

That's total rubbish.   'a screaming queen' is in itself degratory, saying swearing is something Tourettes suffers do is not.

try comparing the same argument instead of twisting things to suit

"a screaming queen " is no less and no more derogatory than saying "like a tourettes sufferer" which is what was actually said/implied

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum