Japanese whaling declared "Illegal" under International Law...

Go down

Japanese whaling declared "Illegal" under International Law...

Post by Lone Wolf on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:49 am

cheers 

ONLY a few hours ago, The Court of International Justice in the Hague, declared that :

* Japanese whaling practices and activities in the Southern Ocean and Antarctic waters are indeed an "illegal activity" under international laws; and

* There has been no apparent or obvious "scientific research" on whales done by Japan over the last few decades (their main excuse for their whaling !) ~ nor has Japan at any stage even attempted to find or develop non-kill or painless forms of conducting any such "research"..

~ and that all such Japanese whaling activities and fake "scientific reasearch into whales" should cease immediately.

Suck on those findings, Japanese whalers !    farao

P.S. Japan is expected to appeal these findings..

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese whaling declared "Illegal" under International Law...

Post by Irn Bru on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:23 am

Excellent news.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:24 am

Very, very good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:29 am

The UN's International Court of Justice (ICJ) has ruled that Japan must temporarily halt its whaling programme in the Antarctic. It agreed with Australia, which brought the case in May 2010, that the programme was not for scientific research as claimed by Tokyo.

Japan said it would abide by the decision but added it "regrets and is deeply disappointed by the decision".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26818863

Well done Aussies! Shame it's only temporary though.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:52 am

well done to the aussies, now can we stop them slaughtering dolphins,
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:18 am

Last edited by Lone Wolf on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:00 pm

Christ on a bike you are an idiot, it's perfectly obvious he means Japan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:03 pm

It is great news indeed, but instill think the Japanese will still hunt and kill whales...with the big ridiculous slogan of 'research'...

It may take more than just a new international law to stop the Japanese...

But of course it's great news Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Sassy wrote:

Christ on a bike you are an idiot, it's perfectly obvious he means Japan!

Mad 

WHO asked you, fucktard ???

KINDLY GET STUFFED, you ignorant and nasty minded old biddy..

WHO let you out of your cage for the day, you brainless and gormless lttle psycho' stalker !    Suspect

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:23 pm

You made a fool of yourself again, flinging nastiness at someone who was actually saying what a good job Australia had done, but you just carry on lashing out.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:57 pm

Will the boats already down in the Southern Ocean now return home without any cargo, don't think so .

Hasn't it been illegal for years but ignored by Japan as " Research " ?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:06 pm

Yep, and they have been getting away with it by calling it 'research'.  Now they can't. Let's hope it's strictly enforced, but I won't hold my breath.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Who though will be doing the enforcing so far down South, not exactly close to anywhere, no Coastguards, no Police boats, only some Countries Navel vessels and they can't always be around at the right time as the Malaysian searching has proven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:00 pm

I think maybe they could enforce it another way, and whale products outlawed, as they do with ivory.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:03 pm

In my ignorance I thought whale products were already banned to a point.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:04 pm

Not sure Gerbs, but perhaps they have not been enforcing it re Japan, otherwise why would the Japenese have kept on with it, if it didn't get them any dosh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Japan isn't the only country hunting whales - Norway does it as well and on just as big a scale.
Both these countries are not signed up to the ICW whaling moratorium which imposed the ban. This is a good decision to now make it illegal so they must now stop.
The UK used to have a large whaling fleet many years ago and a lot of them sailed out of the Port of Leith on Christian Salvesen vessels. That's why there is a whaling station in the South Atlantic named Leith on South Georgia - the one the Argies invaded at the start of the Falklands war.

Friedrich Hayek

Irn Bru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:11 pm

Joy Division wrote:It is great news indeed, but instill think the Japanese will still hunt and kill whales...with the big ridiculous slogan of 'research'...

It may take more than just a new international law to stop the Japanese...

But of course it's great news Smile

Well We have got them out of our territories which includes about a third of the oceans in southern hemisphere so it is a bloody good start.

Also most of the Whales left live in our water where they are protected which is why Japan has been coming down here.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:44 pm

Shocked 

DIDN'T take the retarded senile old cow very long to attempt to hijack this thread to her own slimy ends, did it !?!

JUST to further reinforce the basic reasons that 'she who should be ignored' (and her #1 chief arse-lick "Stephen"), are on here for..

TO create maximum disruption and unrest wherever possible.

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 pm

I'm going to try and talk to you sensibly, one can only hope. Would you like to explain, as one human being to another, how my discussing the title of the thread with other people, which we all agreed was a very good thing, amounts to hijacking it.

Now, take a deep breath and answer sensibly, just for once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:08 pm

No? Ah well, never mind, going back to bed then, at least I tried.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:54 pm

gerber wrote:Will the boats already down in the Southern Ocean now return home without any cargo, don't think so .

Hasn't it been illegal for years but ignored by Japan as " Research " ?

it is not season there is no boats down here at the moment, they have not been able to catch much the last few years because of Sea Shepard and the massive public support for Whales in Australia, it became too risky for Japan to refuel it's whaling fleet here and too much of a source of pain for our politicians.

IT is not world wide It is in Australia's territory, Japan was disputing our right to make a whale sanctuary in our territory, in fact they were disputing that the area was our territory, The missing flight puts in into perspective, it might still be a distance from us but we are many times closer than anyone else.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:56 am

What a Face  AS veya' pointed out above, the Japanese whaling fleets operating in the Southern Ocean are trespassing in and through Australian territories... 

OVER the past decade or so, the limit on whale catches set by the IWC has been for around a thousand a year for endangered species; while the non-threatened spp. have no limits placed on them.

IN recent years, their haul has been down around 400 +/-, largely because of both harassment by 'Sea Shephed' protesters, and short seasons because of bad weather. This year, apparently the total catch was only a bit over 200 whales, mostly Minkes..  cyclops 

THE further banning of whaling isn't only a win for the whales themselves, for Australia and the South Pacific at large, and for the millions of environmentalists and conservationists who have been fighting for more than four decades (several years before the Froggies' terrorist bombing of the 'Rainbow Warrior' in Auckland Harbour..) ~ but also a win-win for the Japanese economy, and for the millions of Japanese protesters who are opposed to whaling as well...

OVER the past 30+ years, the Japanese government has spent $$billions$$ on subsidising, promoting, and fighting legal battles for their miniscule whaling "industry" ~ benefitting only a handful of millionaire families and a few hundred employees  ~ and all for a delicacy item that less than 2% of Japanese eat, and barely 10% will ever even taste !!!

THE Japanese whaling industry has yet to produce it's first "scientific paper" to reveal where ANY "research" has been done to date. Nor is there anything "traditional" about whale meat being eaten in Japan ~ whale meat has only been sold over there for human consumption since petroleum and synthetic oils began replacing whale oil in the late 19th century, and plastics started to replace whalebones between the two world wars !    Arrow

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:45 am

Thanks Veya and lonewolk.  Very informative.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:31 am

beekeeper,you stupid uneducated moron, I said it was JAPANESE killing dolphins NOT aussies.there is a place in japan where dolphins are herded in to a small cove and then hacked to death by the japs. your uneducated ways astound me.  
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:22 am

nicko wrote:
beekeeper,you stupid uneducated moron, I said it was JAPANESE killing dolphins NOT aussies.there is a place in japan where dolphins are herded in to a small cove and then hacked to death by the japs. your uneducated ways astound me.  

Rolling Eyes 

DON'T get uppity with me, jerk-off...

YOU don't even have half the education that I do, you silly little man ~ so don't try that bullshit route with me again, as you will only ever fall flat on your own weasely little face.. And learn some manners while you're at it, you common little maggot !

I note that you still haven't located the shift keys on your keyboard as yet ?  MUCH more convenient than simply using the 'caps lock'. Then again you grew up in the pre-digital era, didn't you nicko ~ back when they still had operators in the telephone exchanges..

ALL that my post did was point out the way that your uncompleted sentence read ~ but it seems to me you haven't been past sassy's demented shite today. You REALLY should be wary of over-indulging in her crappola, as an overdose is definitely unhealthy for one's health..    :-:bravo:-:

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:46 am

You made a mistake, it happens, why not just apologise like a decent human being instead of mouthing off again?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:06 am

you see this uneducated yob has no idea how to communicate with people.when he proves himself to be thick prat he just carries on disgracing himself with his macho replies. If he came face to face with those he insults he'd run away like a little girl. I bet in real life he's about 5ft tall with a spotty face and big goggle glasses. you disgrace the real aussies with your pathetic posts.
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:23 am

nicko wrote:you see this uneducated yob has no idea how to communicate  with people.when he proves himself to be thick prat he just carries on disgracing himself with his macho replies. If he came face to face with those he insults he'd run away like a little girl. I bet in real life he's about 5ft tall with a spotty face and big goggle glasses. you disgrace the real aussies with your pathetic posts.  

You see nicko I really don't mind his macho stuff, it's the squealing like a suckle pig when anyone says anything back to him !
Usually along the lines of "another unprovoked attack" or " more libellous posts from" or "personal vendetta"  .......  :-:bravo:-:  :-:bravo:-:  :-:bravo:-:  :-:bravo:-:  :-:bravo:-:  :-:bravo:-:  That's what I find nauseating  and very un-Aussie like.
Stephenmarra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:59 am

Don't forget the 'stalking' if you dare post on a thread he starts. Can't make that one out, why start a thread if you only want to talk to yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Sassy wrote:Don't forget the 'stalking' if you dare post on a thread he starts.   Can't make that one out, why start a thread if you only want to talk to yourself?
Aye ! that as well !  Rolling Eyes 
Bee's so OTT that I'm surprised that anyone still finds it offensive. It's just oh so sad and fucking tediously boring.
Stephenmarra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:25 am

:-:cawg:-:   ::lightsab::   :-:cawg:-: 

TRUE to form...

MY two shit_for_brains slimy psycho' stalkers invade my previously good-natured thread..
INTENT only on causing as much havoc and disruption as they think they can get away with !

OH SO typical ~ I asked last week if anyone had yet seen Stephenmarra present one positive, intelligent and worthwhile contribution to this forum.

STILL waiting !!!  ::dunno:: 

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:43 am

I'm surprised you are pointing out the havoc and disruption you caused by the second post on this thread, which up to that point had been extremely nice and congratulating the Australians, when you were very rude to Nicko in the mistaken belief he was talking about Australians, when it was obvious to everyone else that he was talking about the Japanese. You still haven't had the grace to apologise to him for that, but carried on ranting again in your next post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:28 am

:-:cawg:-:   :-:cawg:-:   :-:cawg:-:  :-:cawg:-:   :-:cawg:-:  

STOP STALKING ME, You deranged madwoman  !!!

:🚪:

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 am

When you make a remark about me, replying isn't stalking.   I think everyone has worked out by now who the mad one is Bee, and it seems you are getting madder by the day.   I would advise getting help, because it's getting out of control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:54 am

Shocked   

affraid 

::rfth:: 

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:56 am

Please do, they might offer you some solace and calm your rather excitable brain. Peace and quiet helps mental illness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Does this ban affect Aboriginal Subsistence Whaling?

Never knew about this...

http://iwc.int/aboriginal

Friedrich Hayek

Irn Bru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Oh God, better qualify what that means before Bee goes off on one again:

In several parts of the world, whale products play an important role in the nutritional and cultural life of native peoples.

Since its inception, the IWC has recognised that indigenous or ‘aboriginal subsistence’ whaling is of a different nature to commercial whaling. It is thus not subject to the moratorium. This is reflected in the different objectives for the two types of whaling. For aboriginal subsistence whaling the objectives are to:

ensure that risks of extinction are not seriously increased by whaling;
enable native people to hunt whales at levels appropriate to their cultural and nutritional requirements (also called ‘need’); and
move populations towards and then maintain them at healthy levels.

Under current IWC regulations, aboriginal subsistence whaling is recognised for Denmark (Greenland, fin, bowhead, humpback and minke whales), the Russian Federation (Siberia, gray and bowhead whales), St Vincent and The Grenadines (Bequia, humpback whales) and the USA (Alaska, bowhead whales; Washington State, gray whales). It is the responsibility of national governments to provide the Commission with evidence of the cultural and subsistence needs of their people. The Scientific Committee provides scientific advice on safe catch limits for such stocks. Based on the information on need and scientific advice, the Commission then sets catch limits, recently in five-year blocks.

I think that was dealt with in the original whaling ban, this was just about Japan who ignored it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:43 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Does this ban affect Aboriginal Subsistence Whaling?

Never knew about this...

http://iwc.int/aboriginal

cyclops    NOTHING to do with it at all, Irn...

Special dispensations for indigenous "subsistence" fishing, whaling and hunting allows certain family groups in certain regions permission to take protected species of fish, whales and turtles for their own consumption, using "traditional"/small scale methods of hunting (within reason).

EVEN though some illegal/criminal Aboriginal gangs have in the past attempted to use these permissions to poach animals and then sell them illicitly to restaurants, pubs, etc., the overall impact on local population numbers remains relatively insignificant.

[ESPECIALLY in comparison with some of those gigantic "factory" fish and plankton processing ships operating out of Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Tasmania and Alaska..].

THIS is along the same lines as the "traditional" dispensations allowed to "first peoples"/indigenous people in dozens of sites around the world ~ including native Americans, African bushmen, Amazon natives, fisherman in some of the Northern Japanese islands, and many Pacific islanders..    Cool

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wolf on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:............

Bee's so OTT that I'm surprised that anyone still finds it offensive. It's just oh so sad and fucking tediously boring.

cyclops  HERE we have that useless and vacuous drop-out "Stephenmarra" invading and attempting to hijack this thread, making no relevant comments on the topic itself ~ but only attempting to turn this into yet another of his regular hate-mongering efforts ~ showing the very reason for his being on here...

Attempting to harass and harangue, cyber-bully and stalk his foes off of here by disrupting wherever and whenever he sees even half a chance; repeating his fallacious nonsense over and over again..

THE nasty little 'Stephenmarra' is to be seen making several of these unprovoked and unwarranted attacks of his against other members over recent weeks, none of whom were having any prior discussion or argument with him beforehand !
Couldn't be more obvious or transparent even if he tried !  Evil or Very Mad 

Lone Wolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down