Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:31 am

Cancer quack Robert O. Young is arrested and arraigned.

One of the most egregiously practicing non-physicians who claim to be able to cure cancer that I’ve ever encountered was arrested—yes, arrested!—and arraigned on criminal charges. I’m referring to “Dr. Alkaline” himself, he of the pH Miracle Living program and his Articles of Health blog, “Dr.” Robert O. Young.

Itnow strikes me as an excellent time to revisit, review, and discuss what sorts of pseudoscience and quackery Young advocates to treat cancer and—as is the case with so many dubious practitioners—multiple other serious diseases, such as lupus, type I diabetes (you read that right, not type II diabetes), metastatic prostate cancer, and cancer in general. (Not surprisingly, Young is also quite antivaccine, publishing anecdotes from parents who believe their child is “vaccine damaged” and appeals to support antivaccine groups like the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC).) Let’s take a look at what happened last week and why, given the law in California, I’m not sure that this case will be the slam dunk we’d all like it to be. The law in California could easily make it a difficult task for the prosecutor to secure a conviction, much less a 15 year sentence. First, however, for those who are not familiar with Dr. Young, it’s important to provide a little primer on who he is, what he does, and why I am so outraged that he’s been allowed to continue to practice for more than 20 years.

The disturbing saga of “Dr.” Robert O. Young

Robert O. Young is pretty famous as far as “alternative medicine” practitioners go, spawning acolytes like Errol Denton who’s been in a spot of similar legal trouble lately, who trained under Young and remains an admirer. Although I had heard of Young before and written about him more in an amusing than outraged manner, I really first became aware of Young through the case of a woman with breast cancer named Kim Tinkham. Not entirely coincidentally, Tinkham briefly became famous back in 2008 after having appeared on Oprah Winfrey’s daytime talk show in the context of her belief in The Secret, that mystical, magical, childish belief system that the universe will bring you what you want if you only want it badly enough. It’s a system of belief that goes far beyond the reasonable concept that people who want something badly enough will be more likely to try to obtain it and thus more likely to get it and into the realm of wish fulfillment, where “wishing makes it so,” a concept that is the central dogma of alternative medicine. At the time, she had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, described as stage III, and was being urged to undergo surgery. She refused. In 2007, Tinkham appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show.

In this interview, Kim Tinkham attributes her decision to “heal herself” to The Secret. Oprah, to her credit, was horrified and even called Tinkham “irresponsible” for not taking advantage of modern medicine. It turns out that the “alternative” practitioner she somehow found was Robert O. Young. It also unfortunately turns out that she died of her disease three years ago, losing her battle with breast cancer. In the interim, however, she did testimonials for Young, even going so far as to agree to appear in an hour-long interview with him.

Being a cancer surgeon and researcher, naturally I tend to write about cancer a lot more than other areas of medicine and science. It’s what I know best.  Over the weekend I heard some truly awesome news. One of the most egregiously practicing non-physicians who claim to be able to cure cancer that I’ve ever encountered was arrested—yes, arrested!—and arraigned on criminal charges. I’m referring to “Dr. Alkaline” himself, he of the pH Miracle Living program and his Articles of Health blog, “Dr.” Robert O. Young.

I’ve mentioned Robert O. Young from time to time on this blog, but it’s been at least a couple of years since I’ve discussed him other than in passing. Consequently, now strikes me as an excellent time to revisit, review, and discuss what sorts of pseudoscience and quackery Young advocates to treat cancer and—as is the case with so many dubious practitioners—multiple other serious diseases, such as lupus, type I diabetes (you read that right, not type II diabetes), metastatic prostate cancer, and cancer in general. (Not surprisingly, Young is also quite antivaccine, publishing anecdotes from parents who believe their child is “vaccine damaged” and appeals to support antivaccine groups like the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC).) Let’s take a look at what happened last week and why, given the law in California, I’m not sure that this case will be the slam dunk we’d all like it to be. The law in California could easily make it a difficult task for the prosecutor to secure a conviction, much less a 15 year sentence. First, however, for those who are not familiar with Dr. Young, it’s important to provide a little primer on who he is, what he does, and why I am so outraged that he’s been allowed to continue to practice for more than 20 years.

The disturbing saga of “Dr.” Robert O. Young

Robert O. Young is pretty famous as far as “alternative medicine” practitioners go, spawning acolytes like Errol Denton who’s been in a spot of similar legal trouble lately, who trained under Young and remains an admirer. Although I had heard of Young before and written about him more in an amusing than outraged manner, I really first became aware of Young through the case of a woman with breast cancer named Kim Tinkham. Not entirely coincidentally, Tinkham briefly became famous back in 2008 after having appeared on Oprah Winfrey’s daytime talk show in the context of her belief in The Secret, that mystical, magical, childish belief system that the universe will bring you what you want if you only want it badly enough. It’s a system of belief that goes far beyond the reasonable concept that people who want something badly enough will be more likely to try to obtain it and thus more likely to get it and into the realm of wish fulfillment, where “wishing makes it so,” a concept that is the central dogma of alternative medicine. At the time, she had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, described as stage III, and was being urged to undergo surgery. She refused. In 2007, Tinkham appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show:

In this interview, Kim Tinkham attributes her decision to “heal herself” to The Secret. Oprah, to her credit, was horrified and even called Tinkham “irresponsible” for not taking advantage of modern medicine. It turns out that the “alternative” practitioner she somehow found was Robert O. Young. It also unfortunately turns out that she died of her disease three years ago, losing her battle with breast cancer. In the interim, however, she did testimonials for Young, even going so far as to agree to appear in an hour-long interview with him (now thrown down the memory hole, although I captured a copy of all six ten-minute segments of it for posterity and only wish I could put them back up on YouTube without a DMCA takedown notice and even potentially copyright charge). In any case, Tinkham is only one of Young’s victims, and she was fortunate enough to have survived longer than I would have guessed initially.

So who is “Dr.” Robert O. Young? Let’s take a look at his claimed credentials.

As Dr. Stephen Barrett notes, two of Young’s doctoral degrees were received from diploma mills and that Robert Bradford, who was convicted of laetrile smuggling in the 1970s didn’t, even have a college degree. Also, Clayton College of Natural Health was a nonaccredited correspondence school that taught a panoply of quackery. Not long after the state of Alabama began requiring accreditation for license renewal, the Clayton College of Natural Health closed in 2010. As Dr. Barrett drolly notes, the Clayton College of Natural Health did (and does) serve one good purpose, “Its credentials are a reliable sign of someone not to consult for advice.” No kidding. And, even though he claims to have an ND degree, the school from which he obtained it was not accredited, which means that Young’s ND degree is even more worthless than an ND from an “accredited” college of naturopathic medicine, as hard as to believe that’s possible. As The Eleventh Doctor would say, “Basically… run.”

But what about cancer? This is what Young claims to be able to treat is most commonly associated with. I think it’s helpful to read this particular manifesto he wrote a few years ago that sums up his view of cancer, What Is The Cause of Cancer? Is There A Cure? Then read my deconstruction from nearly seven years ago. The sheer level of quackery encompassed in Young’s ideas hurts my neurons. To him, cancer is not a mass of cells that have somehow freed themselves from the normal homeostatic controls that keep human cells differentiated, happy, and not growing out of control. To young, cancer is a “poisonous acidic liquid. But he’s not even consistent, because elsewhere he refers to cancer as “cell that has been spoiled or poisoned by metabolic or gastrointestinal acids” and the tumor mass as “body’s protective mechanism to encapsulate spoiled or poisoned cells from excess acid that has not been properly eliminated through urination, perspiration, defecation or respiration” and the “body’s solution to protect healthy cells and tissues.” These concepts, which aren’t even self-consistent in many areas, are so wrong on so many levels that it would take enormous amounts of verbiage to deconstruct them again.

Young is a perfect example of one aspect of quacks that distinguishes them from practitioners of science-based medicine. Science-based medicine recognizes the complexity of disease; it delves into that complexity, trying to make sense out of it and use that knowledge to develop better treatments for disease. Quacks choose to make sense of disease another way, and that way would be insulting to disease, if disease had feelings, in that they often tend to boil all disease down to one cause or a handful of tightly related causes. I’ve often wondered why. It’s more than just the fact that they don’t understand the science behind disease. After all, Young appears to understand acid-base science, but he only understands it at a very superficial level, demonstrating once again that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. What I end up wondering again and again is whether Young actually believes this nonsense. I suppose that on one level it doesn’t really matter. It continues to harm patients and it needs to be stopped.

Here are some key observations that came immediately to mind. First, Robert O. Young appears to be filthy rich from his business endeavors, so much so that he’s considered a flight risk because of his wealth and the numerous facilities around the world where he promotes his program. It’s mentioned elsewhere in the story that one patient paid $120,000 for treatments at his ranch. In the news report, it states that people seeking “treatment” at Young’s ranch pay up to $2,495 a night to stay there, with an image superimposed of a a price list ranging from $1,295 to $2,495 a night. There are top flight hotels in big cities that don’t charge that much for their luxury suites.

According to the Medical Board of California, here’s how the law ultimately caught up with “Dr.” Young:

   The Medical Board worked in conjunction with the San Diego District Attorney’s Office after an undercover investigator infiltrated Young’s avocado ranch where he was illegally treating patients. Both the Medical Board’s investigator and an investigator from the San Diego District Attorney’s Office were diagnosed with diseases and offered very pricy treatments. Many of Young’s patients were actually chronically ill and spent sums of up to $50,000 for Young’s treatment.

   Young is the author of the “pH Miracle,” a diet designed to “alkalinize the body. However, Young took it a step too far when he went beyond advocating dietary changes and began using intravenous treatments on patients housed at his avocado ranch in Valley Center.

So, basically, the law did an undercover sting operation and caught Young making bogus diagnoses and offering treatments for them. The sad thing to me, however, is the strong implication that if Young had advocated only dietary changes to treat cancer, he wouldn’t have gotten in trouble even though there is no evidence that dietary changes can cure any cancer. That is the state the law regulating medical practice, not just in California, but in many states.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2014/01/27/cancer-quack-robert-o-young-is-arrested-and-arraigned-but-will-he-be-convicted/

Phrased it as it was very long.   I hope this man is put away for a very long time.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:36 am

So do I, people making false claims to cures are a danger to society and rightly should be charged with criminality Sassy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:38 am

Well he made enough money out of people's misery, what a .........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:39 am

too many people getting cured , that can't happen can it and no doubt those who are cured will have their mouths closed , money is more important than life

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:40 am

http://www.cashhydefoundation.org/#!United-Patients-Group-to-Dr-Sanjay-Gupta-California-Has-Been-a-Refuge-for-Cannabis-Patients-for-Nearly-Two-Decades/cwmf/169D7935-21BF-49D5-ACAC-ABC8D913536D

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:42 am

VOD(original) wrote:too many people getting cured , that can't happen can it and no doubt those who are cured will have their mouths closed , money is more important than life

They weren't cured, they died, and the person making the money out of them dying was the Quack, who quacked all the way to the bank, day after day.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:46 am

Sassy wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:too many people getting cured , that can't happen can it and no doubt those who are cured will have their mouths closed , money is more important than life

They weren't cured, they died, and the person making the money out of them dying was the Quack, who quacked all the way to the bank, day after day.

well it should be acceptable then as chemo kills patients too but they have to sign a disclaimer don't they .

And i bet you can't even put a figure on the billions and billions the pharma companies make from poisoning people .


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:52 am

His treatments killed people, and never made them better. People die while having chemo, because the cancer kills them before the chemo can kill the cancer. Millions of people are alive today because the chemo has killed the cancer and saved them. Nobody got saved by this quack and many died because of him.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:53 am

and the guys who make millions out of chemo are living fine and the poor sods who take the chemo die..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:56 am

and the doctors and companies make a fortune on the death of patients..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:57 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:and the guys who make millions out of chemo are living fine and the poor sods who take the chemo die..

Having just taken the chemo and waiting for the blood test result that I hope and am pretty sure will tell me that it has taken my white blood cell count down to manageable levels and I can start doing things again, I know what crap you are talking.

My ex husband, who I am still friends with, had a very nasty few weeks in hospital last year with a very bad form of cancer. He's now bouncing about, very glad the chemo and the op got rid of it for him and gave him his life back.

Were you and VOD born stupid and easily manipulated by quacks, or did you take a degree in it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:00 am

hope the chemo is successful for you sassy , there isn't much to say about that but to just hope it is 100% successful

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:02 am

FFS Bee, shut up about Tess, she has done absolutely nothing to you and you make yourself look a right twit every time you mention her.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:03 am

although bringing down the acidity in your body is good , but at the end of the day people do what they believe is best , if that is chemo then best of luck to them , if they choose chemo and alternative and this is on the nhs website then best of luck to them also, its everyone's choice and its also a choice and a freedom to want to look into alternative treatments . For now we have that freedom .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:03 am

VOD(original) wrote:hope the chemo is successful for you sassy , there isn't much to say about that but to just hope it is 100% successful

Thank you, get the results on Monday.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:05 am

Sassy wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:hope the chemo is successful for you sassy , there isn't much to say about that but to just hope it is 100% successful

Thank you, get the results on Monday.

fingers crossed then .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:06 am

VOD(original) wrote:although bringing down the acidity in your body is good , but at the end of the day people do what they believe is best , if that is chemo then best of luck to them , if they choose chemo and alternative and this is on the nhs website then best of luck to them also, its everyone's choice and its also a choice and a freedom to want to look into alternative treatments . For now we have that freedom .

FFS Vod, will you stop showing how little knowledge you have. You can't change the acid/alkali balance in your body. Your stomach is full of exceptionally strong acid, that is how we break our food down. Anything alkali that you put in your mouth goes straight into that acid and is neutralised.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:09 am

I would look in to alternatives if I were you..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:10 am

sass maybe it hasn't been proven right now but there must be something in it and not just for making money , i really don't believe that people just think up these things and say its a good idea , i do believe they are genuine but don't have the backing to prove they work.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:11 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:I would look in to alternatives if I were you..

sassy has faith in the treatment she is receiving and that is good enough and absolutely pray with all that is in me that she is 100% cured no matter what that treatment is .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:12 am

VOD(original) wrote:sass maybe it hasn't been proven right now but there must be something in it and not just for making money , i really don't believe that people just think up these things and say its a good idea , i do believe they are genuine but don't have the backing to prove they work.


of course they have found something and they make it free knowledge too.. Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:19 pm

VOD(original) wrote:although bringing down the acidity in your body is good , but at the end of the day people do what they believe is best , if that is chemo then best of luck to them , if they choose chemo and alternative and this is on the nhs website then best of luck to them also, its everyone's choice and its also a choice and a freedom to want to look into alternative treatments . For now we have that freedom .

Bring down acidity? If we totally ignore the fact that bodies are self balancing systems who will maintain themselves within a very narrow margin of pH no matter what is put into them that is still an incredibly moronic statement because acid is low pH - the lower the (further down) the pH the stronger the acidity. If you want to try and weaken acidity (which you wont do in the body because as already said it is a self balancing system) then you need to raise (put up) the pH.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:24 pm

certain foods help lower body acidity, maybe you should look in to it..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:25 pm

So let me see if I have this right. The VOD/GIG view on modern cancer treatment is that oncologists put patients on chemo to take their money and the chemo always kills them and is in fact responsible for their death more than the cancer.

But there are natural treatments that will actually cure cancer; the only thing standing in the way is the fact that the vast majority of cancer doctors in the world are murderers who also apparently think they'll make more money by killing their patients than by keeping them alive ... ?

If anybody really wants to explore the issues with chemotherapy, its capabilities and limitations, this is a great article:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/09/16/two-percent-gambit-chemotherapy/

But I suspect that VOD/GIG will not approach it with an open mind or even bother clicking on it in the first place.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:28 pm

sphinx wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:although bringing down the acidity in your body is good , but at the end of the day people do what they believe is best , if that is chemo then best of luck to them , if they choose chemo and alternative and this is on the nhs website then best of luck to them also, its everyone's choice and its also a choice and a freedom to want to look into alternative treatments . For now we have that freedom .

Bring down acidity? If we totally ignore the fact that bodies are self balancing systems who will maintain themselves within a very narrow margin of pH no matter what is put into them that is still an incredibly moronic statement because acid is low pH - the lower the (further down) the pH the stronger the acidity.  If you want to try and weaken acidity (which you wont do in the body because as already said it is a self balancing system) then you need to raise (put up) the pH.


it can be too high and that causes problems .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:So let me see if I have this right. The VOD/GIG view on modern cancer treatment is that oncologists put patients on chemo to take their money and the chemo always kills them and is in fact responsible for their death more than the cancer.

But there are natural treatments that will actually cure cancer; the only thing standing in the way is the fact that the vast majority of cancer doctors in the world are murderers who also apparently think they'll make more money by killing their patients than by keeping them alive ... ?

If anybody really wants to explore the issues with chemotherapy, its capabilities and limitations, this is a great article:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/09/16/two-percent-gambit-chemotherapy/

But I suspect that VOD/GIG will not approach it with an open mind or even bother clicking on it in the first place.

and of course pharma companies and doctors don't make a fortune out of their poisons they are just looking after the patients health...

the sources showing the life span of those not taking treatment and those that do being the same or even better for not taking treatment are lies of course...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:So let me see if I have this right. The VOD/GIG view on modern cancer treatment is that oncologists put patients on chemo to take their money and the chemo always kills them and is in fact responsible for their death more than the cancer.

But there are natural treatments that will actually cure cancer; the only thing standing in the way is the fact that the vast majority of cancer doctors in the world are murderers who also apparently think they'll make more money by killing their patients than by keeping them alive ... ?

If anybody really wants to explore the issues with chemotherapy, its capabilities and limitations, this is a great article:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/09/16/two-percent-gambit-chemotherapy/

But I suspect that VOD/GIG will not approach it with an open mind or even bother clicking on it in the first place.

and of course pharma companies and doctors don't make a fortune out of their poisons they are just looking after the patients health...

the sources showing the life span of those not taking treatment and those that do being the same or even better for not taking treatment are lies of course...

Sad, the only time you can say something true you say it sarcastically  ::D:: 

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

and of course pharma companies and doctors don't make a fortune out of their poisons they are just looking after the patients health...

the sources showing the life span of those not taking treatment and those that do being the same or even better for not taking treatment are lies of course...

Sad, the only time you can say something true you say it sarcastically  ::D:: 

it wasn't meant to be sarcastic, i actually seriously feel for those who are conned and their loved ones left behind because of the poison they blindly accepted...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

and of course pharma companies and doctors don't make a fortune out of their poisons they are just looking after the patients health...

the sources showing the life span of those not taking treatment and those that do being the same or even better for not taking treatment are lies of course...

Sad, the only time you can say something true you say it sarcastically  ::D:: 

it wasn't meant to be sarcastic, i actually seriously feel for those who are conned and their loved ones left behind because of the poison they blindly accepted...

All right GIG, if I were to get cancer and needed a good natural remedy, which should I choose and which website should I order it from?  ::D:: 

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:So let me see if I have this right. The VOD/GIG view on modern cancer treatment is that oncologists put patients on chemo to take their money and the chemo always kills them and is in fact responsible for their death more than the cancer.

But there are natural treatments that will actually cure cancer; the only thing standing in the way is the fact that the vast majority of cancer doctors in the world are murderers who also apparently think they'll make more money by killing their patients than by keeping them alive ... ?

If anybody really wants to explore the issues with chemotherapy, its capabilities and limitations, this is a great article:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/09/16/two-percent-gambit-chemotherapy/

But I suspect that VOD/GIG will not approach it with an open mind or even bother clicking on it in the first place.

you just don't know what we believe , you think we have always been against chemo well your wrong , my 3 year old cousin had leukemia and suffered the effects of chemo for 3 years he died aged six . My uncle my auntie both had cancer both had chemo and radiotherapy and died two years later having no quality of life at all .

My cousin cancer of the leg lungs brain since 17 years old never had any life because of constant chemo and sick all the time, he died aged 24 . When you watch close relatives die even when they received the supposed life saving treatment it makes you wonder if there is another way and we don't sell or promote any alternative treatments we only show an interest in them , if that is wrong in your view and others view then sorry but we have a right to our opinion and to our belief , if it offends others then sorry for that too , but if people are just told shut up about what they believe then nothing would ever succeed .

I hope and pray that chemo cures those who receive as they believe it is the best treatment but it wouldn't be my first choice and i have every right to say so .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:49 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Bring down acidity? If we totally ignore the fact that bodies are self balancing systems who will maintain themselves within a very narrow margin of pH no matter what is put into them that is still an incredibly moronic statement because acid is low pH - the lower the (further down) the pH the stronger the acidity.  If you want to try and weaken acidity (which you wont do in the body because as already said it is a self balancing system) then you need to raise (put up) the pH.


it can be too high and that causes problems .

If it is too high then it is alkaline  Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested 317px-PH_Scale.svg

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:52 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:So let me see if I have this right. The VOD/GIG view on modern cancer treatment is that oncologists put patients on chemo to take their money and the chemo always kills them and is in fact responsible for their death more than the cancer.

But there are natural treatments that will actually cure cancer; the only thing standing in the way is the fact that the vast majority of cancer doctors in the world are murderers who also apparently think they'll make more money by killing their patients than by keeping them alive ... ?

If anybody really wants to explore the issues with chemotherapy, its capabilities and limitations, this is a great article:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/09/16/two-percent-gambit-chemotherapy/

But I suspect that VOD/GIG will not approach it with an open mind or even bother clicking on it in the first place.

you just don't know what we believe , you think we have always been against chemo well your wrong , my 3 year old cousin had leukemia and suffered the effects of chemo for 3 years he died aged six . My uncle my auntie both had cancer both had chemo and radiotherapy and died two years later having no quality of life at all .

My cousin cancer of the leg lungs brain since 17 years old never had any life because of constant chemo and sick all the time, he died aged 24 . When you watch close relatives die even when they received the supposed life saving treatment it makes you wonder if there is another way and we don't sell or promote any alternative treatments we only show an interest in them , if that is wrong in your view and others view then sorry but we have a right to our opinion and to our belief , if it offends others then sorry for that too , but if people are just told shut up about what they believe then nothing would ever succeed .

I hope and pray that chemo cures those who receive as they believe it is the best treatment but it wouldn't be my first choice and i have every right to say so .

I have the right to my belief that your belief is stupid!

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27690
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

you just don't know what we believe , you think we have always been against chemo well your wrong , my 3 year old cousin had leukemia and suffered the effects of chemo for 3 years he died aged six . My uncle my auntie both had cancer both had chemo and radiotherapy and died two years later having no quality of life at all .

My cousin cancer of the leg lungs brain since 17 years old never had any life because of constant chemo and sick all the time, he died aged 24 . When you watch close relatives die even when they received the supposed life saving treatment it makes you wonder if there is another way and we don't sell or promote any alternative treatments we only show an interest in them , if that is wrong in your view and others view then sorry but we have a right to our opinion and to our belief , if it offends others then sorry for that too , but if people are just told shut up about what they believe then nothing would ever succeed .

I hope and pray that chemo cures those who receive as they believe it is the best treatment but it wouldn't be my first choice and i have every right to say so .

I have the right to my belief that your belief is stupid!

and we have the right to the belief that chemo is a poison and kills...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Chemo is indeed a poison - but then so is oxygen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_toxicity

Something else that kills is untreated cancer.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:37 pm

sphinx wrote:Chemo is indeed a poison - but then so is oxygen.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_toxicity

Something else that kills is untreated cancer.

working with the chemo poisons causes cancer...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
sphinx wrote:Chemo is indeed a poison - but then so is oxygen.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_toxicity

Something else that kills is untreated cancer.

working with the chemo poisons  causes cancer...

Lots of things cause cancer.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:40 pm

sphinx wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

working with the chemo poisons  causes cancer...

Lots of things cause cancer.

you wouldn't have thought working with the cure for it would though...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Lots of things cause cancer.

you wouldn't have thought working with the cure for it would though...

Seeing as I have a far greater understanding of what working with the cure involves than yourself actually I would.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:49 pm

sphinx wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

you wouldn't have thought working with the cure for it would though...

Seeing as I have a far greater understanding of what working with the cure involves than yourself actually I would.

of course... Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I have the right to my belief that your belief is stupid!

and we have the right to the belief that chemo is a poison and kills...


..not to scare others because you bash the bible you don't, if cancer patients opt for chemo, that is their choice, they are not forced, you have no right to try to scare people or encourage them to refuse chemo, it's like you want them to die anyway...rather than have a fighting chance of surviving.

Let folk make up their own mind rather than trying to scare them, that trick has been played out for so long...trying to make the fearful of a God that doesn't even exist...

If he does,tell him I want a Chicken sandwich meal from Mcdonalds brought to my house....


B'ahhs.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

working with the chemo poisons  causes cancer...


 What a Face 

Assuming some long suffereing patients or their friends and families don't kill you fraudsters first, you lying piece of ungodly scum !

It's really sad Bee,,,trying to tell folk not to accept chemo treatment , sick actually.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:16 pm

A good person would never be advising people to refuse chemo and a chance of survival, easy for him to say that when he is not the one with cancer.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by eddie on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Sassy wrote:His treatments killed people, and never made them better.   People die while having chemo, because the cancer kills them before the chemo can kill the cancer.   Millions of people are alive today because the chemo has killed the cancer and saved them.  Nobody got saved by this quack and many died because of him.


I don't know about anything else, but my dad died of the chemo.
Even his oncologist told us that.

_________________
WHEN YOU TALK, YOU ARE ONLY REPEATING WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW.
BUT IF YOU LISTEN, YOU MAY LEARN SOMETHING NEW.

~ Dalai Lama
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39668
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:His treatments killed people, and never made them better.   People die while having chemo, because the cancer kills them before the chemo can kill the cancer.   Millions of people are alive today because the chemo has killed the cancer and saved them.  Nobody got saved by this quack and many died because of him.


I don't know about anything  else,  but my dad died of the chemo.
Even his oncologist told us that.


As much as I adore you Eddie please do not lie, an oncologist could not know that chemo killed your father, he could only guess, as only an autopsy could say what killed him, I mean no disrespect but please do not bullshit, he could not know what killed your father

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

you just don't know what we believe , you think we have always been against chemo well your wrong , my 3 year old cousin had leukemia and suffered the effects of chemo for 3 years he died aged six . My uncle my auntie both had cancer both had chemo and radiotherapy and died two years later having no quality of life at all .

My cousin cancer of the leg lungs brain since 17 years old never had any life because of constant chemo and sick all the time, he died aged 24 . When you watch close relatives die even when they received the supposed life saving treatment it makes you wonder if there is another way and we don't sell or promote any alternative treatments we only show an interest in them , if that is wrong in your view and others view then sorry but we have a right to our opinion and to our belief , if it offends others then sorry for that too , but if people are just told shut up about what they believe then nothing would ever succeed .

I hope and pray that chemo cures those who receive as they believe it is the best treatment but it wouldn't be my first choice and i have every right to say so .

I have the right to my belief that your belief is stupid!

you make that very clear Ben , in fact you make it clear that just because you don't like me or my husband every thread/post we make is stupid even if we simply put 'good morning its a beautiful day '

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested Empty Re: Quack Doctor who claimed alkali kills cancer arrested

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:50 am

Joy Division wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

and we have the right to the belief that chemo is a poison and kills...


..not to scare others  because you bash the bible you don't, if cancer patients opt for chemo, that  is their choice, they are not forced, you have no right to try to scare people or encourage them to refuse chemo, it's like you want them to die anyway...rather than have a fighting chance of surviving.

Let folk make up their own mind rather than trying to scare them, that trick has been played out for so long...trying to make the fearful of a God that doesn't even exist...

If he does,tell him I want a Chicken sandwich meal from Mcdonalds  brought to my house....


B'ahhs.
your the one bashing the bible your the one mentioning God , if you are a believer it's okay to admit it  lol! 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum