Laminin

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Laminin Empty Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:44 pm


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 pm

I think it looks more like Gumby:

Laminin Laminin

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think it looks more like Gumby:

Laminin Laminin

did you watch the video Ben

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:59 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I think it looks more like Gumby:

Laminin Laminin

did you watch the video Ben

I started, but my eyes began to sizzle, kind of like a vampire getting doused with holy water, so I had to stop.

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by eddie on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Ben you should watch it first before you make a judgement, even if you don't agree.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38321
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 pm

I think it is awesome... Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

did you watch the video Ben

I started, but my eyes began to sizzle, kind of like a vampire getting doused with holy water, so I had to stop.

ha ha that will be because your from the dark side Ben maybe if you watch it you will understand it fully , it won't hurt you lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Now I have to admit that someone who knows little about protein chemistry could easily be taken in by such tripe. Thus, even though this video upsets me, I am not upset with the people who send me this video. Neither am I upset with Louie Giglio for talking about this in his sermon without really understanding it. Preachers talk about things they don’t understand all the time, including the Bible. Thus, it doesn’t surprise me that a preacher would talk about protein chemistry even though he doesn’t understand it. What bothers me is that Louie Giglio claims he got this information from a molecular biologist.

No molecular biologist who understands his field would EVER suggest that there is some spiritual connection to the shape of laminin. Thus, someone in this story is lying. It might be Louie Giglio. Perhaps he stumbled across this and invented the story of a molecular biologist to give it more weight. It might be the guy who came up to him claiming to be a molecular biologist. Perhaps that person was some student who really doesn’t understand molecular biology but saw a simplified drawing of laminin and wanted to impress Louie Giglio. Perhaps the person really was a molecular biologist, at which point the university that gave him his degree is the liar, as a degree means a level of competency that this person clearly doesn’t have. I don’t know who the liar is here, but I guarantee you, there is a liar somewhere, because any molecular biologist would know the following facts:

1. Simplified drawings are never accurate pictures of protein shapes. Proteins have several levels of hierarchy to their structure, and even the best three-dimensional representations of proteins are mere approximations. God’s engineering is far beyond the understanding of man. Thus, the way we visualize proteins is oversimplistic at best.

2. Proteins change conformations. That’s what they must do in order to do their job. Thus, they don’t hold to a given shape. Indeed, the electron microscope picture that Louie Giglio gives in his sermon represents just one possible shape for laminin. Consider this image, which contains two different electron microscope images of laminin:

Two TEMS of laminin

It looks to me like the bottom one is the one that Louie Giglio used, rotated 90 degrees. This makes me wonder if he intentionally edited out the other image. In any event, the top one shows what any molecular biology graduate student would know: proteins change conformation in order to do their job. The shape at any given time is most likely transitory.

3. There are just as many (if not more) Satanic (or otherwise evil) shapes in the human body. Consider this: DNA is the molecule that contains all the information that determines who you are. Here is a simplified drawing of the detailed structure of DNA, getting rid of the helical shape and just concentrating on what makes up the backbone of the molecule:

Dna-straight

Do you see the blue shapes? Those are pentagrams. They represent the sugar ribose that makes up the backbone of DNA. Indeed, “ribose” is what gives DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) the “ribo” in its name. Thus, the molecule that makes the backbone of DNA and gives it part of its name is a Satanic symbol. What does that mean?

It gets worse! In every nerve cell of your body there are potassium channels. They allow your nerve cells (like those in your brain) to conduct action potentials, which is what makes them work. Guess what those potassium channels look like? Here you go:

A Potassium Channel in a Neuron

What does that look like to you? To me, it looks like a swastika. So the cellular structure that allows you to think is an homage to Hitler?

Obviously, there are a variety of molecules in creation. In an attempt to understand them, we draw simplified illustrations that allow us to learn something about their structure and function. To say that there is some hidden “message” in these shapes is just nonsense.

http://blog.drwile.com/?p=195

Can't post the illustrations, but they are on the link.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 pm

you either believe or you don't .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:40 pm

whats more the way he talks about it there is no way he got that info from a molecular biologist...I spotted at least 3 stupid errors (of the sort an uneducated layman would make when spouting mish mashed science) from the off...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:41 pm

You're either prepared to be fooled or you're not. You're either prepared to use your brain or you're not. Laminin is 3 dimensional, it changes shape all the time. Total crock of shit.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:43 pm

nobody forces you to believe its your choice, this man is a man of God and a respected one , he isn't going to lie .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:43 pm

victorismyhero wrote:whats more the way he talks about it there is no way he got that info from a molecular biologist...I spotted at least 3 stupid errors (of the sort an uneducated layman would make when spouting mish mashed science)  from the off...

where show us then please

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Give it a rest VOD, he is lying. And you wanted to influence people to believe it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:47 pm

Sassy wrote:Give it a rest VOD, he is lying.   And you wanted to influence people to believe it.

you can always email him and ask for proof of his email's he sent and received he should show you .

I don't want to influence anyone i posted it because it is interesting . If it were posted by anyone else would you be so critical ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:49 pm

Absobloodylutely, it was pure unadulterated rubbish.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:54 pm

1.47 quote "cells organise into molecular structures" un quote.....no they dont, cells are MADE of molecular structures, molecules are the (incredibly) smaller components of cells

1.50 quote "and that determines what protien they are" rubbish cells dont become proteins, cells are MADE from protein


2.01 quote "and that tells the cell what its job is in the body" Again rubbish, cell adhesion molecusles do NOT do this...the ONLY proteins that do that are the DND/RNA comlexes....


thats 3 just to start with ...all serious errors showing that he most certainly did NOT learn this guff from a molecular biologist....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:58 pm

eddie wrote:Ben you should watch it first before you make a judgement, even if you don't agree.

I know what it's all about, the God-botherers have been saying laminin is in the shape of a cross thus GODDIDIT for decades now ...

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:55 am

God botherers , come of Ben you made this section with religion so you must have had in mind for religion to be discussed , and i haven't forced my faith on you or anyone else neither has my husband , we will stick by what we believe just like you do with your evolution or whatever it is you believe in .


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:46 am

@VOD
but your beliefs kill people  Wink 

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by eddie on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:27 am

I would hope that if anybody of any other religion were to join this site and post things they found interesting, people wouldn't be so rude.
Disagree, sure!
Politely debate it, of course!

No need for rudeness.

I watched it and personally, it neither moved me nor amazed me. I believe in God bit Jesus is not my thing.

But then, I am never rude to Jehovah's Witnesses who knock on my door either.....

Someone is right. I think it's me but Im not arrogant enough to be 100% positive it's me.

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38321
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:30 am

veya_victaous wrote:@VOD
but your beliefs kill people  Wink 

how does believing in Jesus and God kill people , can you explain ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:25 am

People should be free to believe what they wish. If you believe in God then there is one, its not up for debate. If people want to believe this then surely thats up to them?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:32 am

NemsAgain wrote:People should be free to believe what they wish. If you believe in God then there is one, its not up for debate. If people want to believe this then surely thats up to them?

very well said... Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:48 pm

NemsAgain wrote:People should be free to believe what they wish. If you believe in God then there is one, its not up for debate. If people want to believe this then surely thats up to them?

yes, but promulgating LIES like this, misrepresenting science and indulging in "fantasy science" is ridiculous
this idiot is telling this like its an absolute truth (not the "god bit" but the "evidence" these pictures "purport" to show).

No wonder half the western world is barmy....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:55 pm

its only lies to you because you don't believe it , just because you pointed out what you think he didn't understand does not mean anything . Why don't you send him an email and point out the mistakes you believe he made, i am sure he will have the grace of God in him to even give you the email address of the scientist who he mentions . He doesn't lie he is a man of God .
He isn't an idiot either its just you are too arrogant to think you know it all victor .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Here's an article by a Christian creationist who disagrees with these claims about laminin:

As I travel around the country to speak on the biochemical evidence for an Intelligent Designer, the biblical Creator, I am frequently asked to comment on laminin. The people who mention this protein are usually quite excited, convinced that its structure provides powerful scientific evidence for the Christian faith. Unfortunately, I don’t agree.

What motivates this unusual question is a molecular biologist’s popularized claim that laminin’s structure provides physical evidence that the God of the Bible created human beings and also sustains our lives. While I wholeheartedly believe God did create and does sustain human life, laminin’s apparent cross-shape does not make the case.

***

The cross-like shape of laminin and the role it plays in holding tissues together has prompted the claim that this biomolecule provides scientific support for passages such as Colossians 1:15-17 and shows how the God of the Bible must have made humans and continues to sustain them.

I would caution Christians against using this “argument.” I see a number of problems with it. (And so do many skeptics.) First, the cross shape is a simple structure found throughout nature. So it’s probably not a good idea to attach too much significance to laminin’s shape. The t configuration makes laminin ideally suited to connect proteins to each other and cells to the basal reticulum. This is undoubtedly the reason for its structure.

http://www.reasons.org/articles/crossed-off-the-list-is-the-cross-shape-of-laminin-evidence-for-the-creator

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:17 pm

its great to have difference of opinion it still doesn't make it wrong it is just another persons opinion

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:26 pm

The two of you have essentially been arguing that there is no such thing as correct or incorrect for a while now, did you realize that?

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:The two of you have essentially been arguing that there is no such thing as correct or incorrect for a while now, did you realize that?

Ben its just opinions its what a forum is about isn't it , if we all went around the boards agreeing with each other it would be boring and pointless .

I just think you and most others just don't like me or my husband and i don't think i have ever come across you on other forums so you must just dislike us , but you just disagree with everything we post and probably disagree even if you agreed just because of your dislike for us .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:28 pm

VOD(original) wrote:its only lies to you because you don't believe it , just because you pointed out what you think he didn't understand does not mean anything . Why don't you send him an email and point out the mistakes you believe he made, i am sure he will have the grace of God in him to even give you the email address of the scientist who he mentions . He doesn't lie he is a man of God .
He isn't an idiot either its just you are too arrogant to think you know it all victor .

he's a man of god eh...getting rich off the gullible,
and YOU believe because you are too stupid to see the errors, IF you knew ANYTHING, you would know they are basic errors I have pointed out...a kid with an a level in biology would know they were errors...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:35 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:The two of you have essentially been arguing that there is no such thing as correct or incorrect for a while now, did you realize that?

Ben its just opinions its what a forum is about isn't it , if we all went around the boards agreeing with each other it would be boring and pointless .

I just think you and most others just don't like me or my husband and i don't think i have ever come across you on other forums so you must just dislike us , but you just disagree with everything we post and probably disagree even if you agreed just because of your dislike for us .

Not true at all, if you think about it -- when you came back I was the first to welcome you and we had a nice chat about British TV. GIG and I often have the same opinion, and when he's not in the mood to just waste my time asking dumb questions about things he refuses to attempt to understand, we can get along fine or at least have lively debates.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have a different opinion from me; I'm saying I think your opinion on this matter is wrong, and as you point out, that is my right and that is good for a forum.

It does seem as though the two of you have retreated to the claim that nothing is tangible, knowable; that nothing can be declared correct or incorrect; that it's all in our heads. That to me is the worse possible thing for a debate because it's cowardly -- if you believe a certain way, assert it and support it, don't just fall back on "well, nobody can be positive what's right or wrong."

It's also a very contrary position to your professed Christianity, which ALWAYS deals in assertions of certainty and in absolutes, so I find it sort of weird to see the two of you embracing this wishy-washy claim.

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Cool 

JUST PERSONALLY, I'd prefer a plate of Lamingtons !!!

Laminin Coclamingtons_2558542b

 tongue 

now that looks good... Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

Ben its just opinions its what a forum is about isn't it , if we all went around the boards agreeing with each other it would be boring and pointless .

I just think you and most others just don't like me or my husband and i don't think i have ever come across you on other forums so you must just dislike us , but you just disagree with everything we post and probably disagree even if you agreed just because of your dislike for us .

Not true at all, if you think about it -- when you came back I was the first to welcome you and we had a nice chat about British TV. GIG and I often have the same opinion, and when he's not in the mood to just waste my time asking dumb questions about things he refuses to attempt to understand, we can get along fine or at least have lively debates.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have a different opinion from me; I'm saying I think your opinion on this matter is wrong, and as you point out, that is my right and that is good for a forum.

It does seem as though the two of you have retreated to the claim that nothing is tangible, knowable; that nothing can be declared correct or incorrect; that it's all in our heads. That to me is the worse possible thing for a debate because it's cowardly -- if you believe a certain way, assert it and support it, don't just fall back on "well, nobody can be positive what's right or wrong."

It's also a very contrary position to your professed Christianity, which ALWAYS deals in assertions of certainty and in absolutes, so I find it sort of weird to see the two of you embracing this wishy-washy claim.

first thing i got from you was accusation...Ben...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by eddie on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:
God botherers , come of Ben you made this section with religion so you must have had in mind for religion to be discussed , and i haven't forced my faith on you or anyone else neither has my husband , we will stick by what we believe just like you do with your evolution or whatever it is you believe in .


"Faith" ???

Your only faith is that you and your devil-worshipping hubby can keep on attempting to con' people like this...

I'm just waiting to see how you two hope to profit financially from your lies !

How. or where, have they talked about money, monetary gain or profit, on this thread?
How, or where, has this video talked about money, monetary gain or profit, on this thread?

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38321
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:
God botherers , come of Ben you made this section with religion so you must have had in mind for religion to be discussed , and i haven't forced my faith on you or anyone else neither has my husband , we will stick by what we believe just like you do with your evolution or whatever it is you believe in .


"Faith" ???

Your only faith is that you and your devil-worshipping hubby can keep on attempting to con' people like this...

I'm just waiting to see how you two hope to profit financially from your lies !



...devil worshippers...LMFAO  Laughing 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

Ben its just opinions its what a forum is about isn't it , if we all went around the boards agreeing with each other it would be boring and pointless .

I just think you and most others just don't like me or my husband and i don't think i have ever come across you on other forums so you must just dislike us , but you just disagree with everything we post and probably disagree even if you agreed just because of your dislike for us .

Not true at all, if you think about it -- when you came back I was the first to welcome you and we had a nice chat about British TV. GIG and I often have the same opinion, and when he's not in the mood to just waste my time asking dumb questions about things he refuses to attempt to understand, we can get along fine or at least have lively debates.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have a different opinion from me; I'm saying I think your opinion on this matter is wrong, and as you point out, that is my right and that is good for a forum.

It does seem as though the two of you have retreated to the claim that nothing is tangible, knowable; that nothing can be declared correct or incorrect; that it's all in our heads. That to me is the worse possible thing for a debate because it's cowardly -- if you believe a certain way, assert it and support it, don't just fall back on "well, nobody can be positive what's right or wrong."

It's also a very contrary position to your professed Christianity, which ALWAYS deals in assertions of certainty and in absolutes, so I find it sort of weird to see the two of you embracing this wishy-washy claim.


I agree , I can't stand someone saying stuff that can not be backed up...like claiming God made the earth and every living being on it, in fact science proves evolution created the earth and all it's inhabitants.

I much prefer facts to fantasy.

If however there was irrefutable evidence that a God made us all and the earth,then that would change everything.,,but there is no evidence whatsoever of any God.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:41 pm

Sleep Sleep 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:20 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

Ben its just opinions its what a forum is about isn't it , if we all went around the boards agreeing with each other it would be boring and pointless .

I just think you and most others just don't like me or my husband and i don't think i have ever come across you on other forums so you must just dislike us , but you just disagree with everything we post and probably disagree even if you agreed just because of your dislike for us .

Not true at all, if you think about it -- when you came back I was the first to welcome you and we had a nice chat about British TV. GIG and I often have the same opinion, and when he's not in the mood to just waste my time asking dumb questions about things he refuses to attempt to understand, we can get along fine or at least have lively debates.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have a different opinion from me; I'm saying I think your opinion on this matter is wrong, and as you point out, that is my right and that is good for a forum.

It does seem as though the two of you have retreated to the claim that nothing is tangible, knowable; that nothing can be declared correct or incorrect; that it's all in our heads. That to me is the worse possible thing for a debate because it's cowardly -- if you believe a certain way, assert it and support it, don't just fall back on "well, nobody can be positive what's right or wrong."

It's also a very contrary position to your professed Christianity, which ALWAYS deals in assertions of certainty and in absolutes, so I find it sort of weird to see the two of you embracing this wishy-washy claim.

first thing i got from you was accusation...Ben...

OK -- I apologize.

Welcome back, HF. I would like to have debates with you where we each strive to understand one another. Let's do that instead of trying to get one another's goat. Sound good to you?

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26463
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by eddie on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:11 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:

How. or where,  have they talked about money, monetary gain or profit, on this thread?
How, or where, has this video talked about money, monetary gain or profit, on this thread?


 pale  

STOP Stalking me, you nasty cyber bully, you !!!

 ::rfth::

Erm yeah, anyway, can you answer the two questions, or not?
I promise I won't hurt you  Rolling Eyes 

_________________
I left my soul there
Down by the sea
I lost control here
Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38321
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:51 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

first thing i got from you was accusation...Ben...

OK -- I apologize.

Welcome back, HF. I would like to have debates with you where we each strive to understand one another. Let's do that instead of trying to get one another's goat. Sound good to you?

Apology accepted... Smile 

lively but without insult debate sounds good to me... Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:19 am

@victorismyhero - what is your religion ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

now that looks good... Smile 

 
clown

I tried to write down the recipe for the way that I know to make lamingtons, heavenly_ , but the internet:forumation interface decided to zap my post, so instead I went hunting for similar recipes on Aussie websites (get more 'genuine' results that way ~ what with lamingtons being an Australian invention..). This is the sort of recipe that you and/or your 'trouble & strife' can knock over on an easy Saturday arvo' or Sunday morning :

http://www.aww.com.au/food/recipes/2012/1/classic-lamingtons/

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/11828/easy-lamington-recipe

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipes/tag-5661/lamington.aspx?o_fc=13&o_is=RD_More+Recipe+Collections_Title%3a+1%2cLamington

http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/cook/the-goodfoodcomau-australia-day-lamington-challenge-20140121-315ko.html

Note: Several of these recipes didn't include the cream and jam middle layer (to save themselves a little extra care when dipping in the chocolate..).  The way that I know how to add the cream and jam, is as follows :

* slice the whole cake lenghtwise horizontally with a sharp serrated cake knife;
* spread jam on one part and thickened whipped cream on the other (some will use two layers of cream, as in the photo'..); and reasssemble..
* then cut the cake into 12 or 15 pieces before dipping in icing ==> while some people will stick a fork in the cake for dipping, a better way that I know of is to balance the cake on a large fork, a tablespoon, or an egg/pancake flipper.

 tongue


sounds great, going to have to get VOD to try to make it... Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Laminin Empty Re: Laminin

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:37 pm

those recipes look easy enough i will give it a go although i don't like coconut but others do

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum