This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:08 pm

This makes me so sad 😓 animal rights activists taking a homeless man’s dog

https://twitter.com/livpulsford/status/1215089160165502976

Video on link and thank fuck that wanker was arrested.
The dog was petrified and the man clearly distraught

This is why PETA Extremists are scum EN3XOnaWAAIlNEl?format=jpg&name=small


https://twitter.com/livpulsford/status/1215089160165502976

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by eddie on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:41 pm

Perhaps they thought the puppy looked malnourished or shouldn’t be living on the streets? I can’t see that they really meant any harm, they were just looking out for the dog, right?

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40020
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:02 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps they thought the puppy looked malnourished or shouldn’t be living on the streets? I can’t see that they really meant any harm, they were just looking out for the dog, right?

Are you kidding me?

What right did they have?

If they thought the puppy was in danger, what would be the right thing to do eddie?

That puppy was terrified by how they acted

The puppy would have never been handed back if as you claim they thought it was malnourished

Clearly it was not and meant no harm? Did you see how both were distraught?

Peta are against people keeping pets Eddie and what they did was appalling

They did not care for the bond between the two

Bunch of wankers Peta, hope they lock him up for life
This is why PETA Extremists are scum EN3XOnjWoAM6rrX?format=jpg&name=medium

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by eddie on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:11 pm

I didn’t “claim” anything, I said perhaps they “thought” it looked malnourished. All I was trying to say was that they didn't act in vengeance necessarily. They were looking out for the animal. 

Anyway, it’s back with its rightful owner so it ended well.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40020
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:15 pm

eddie wrote:I didn’t “claim” anything, I said perhaps they “thought” it looked malnourished. All I was trying to say was that they didn't act in vengeance necessarily. They were looking out for the animal. 

Anyway, it’s back with its rightful owner so it ended well.


How were they looking out for the animal by both being petrified by their actions?

You then claimed they meant no harm, even though both were distraught

I give up

They took the animal away based on their beliefs, not on any view of the animal being malnourished

On that note

Byeee

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:25 pm

Wait a minute, do we have any evidence that PETA tries to take people's pets away because they believe owning pets is wrong?

Did they try to release the puppy into the wild, or something?

It seems perfectly logical that they intervened because they thought the puppy wasn't being cared for properly.

I'm not saying they were in the right, but it does seem a bit far-fetched to blame their action on a belief that pet ownership is wrong.

_________________
"When I look into your eyes, your love is there for me
And the more I go inside, the more there is to see ...

Makes no difference where you are
or where you're meant to be"

- The Beatles
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28116
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Legal residence: Texas. Heart home: England

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Wait a minute, do we have any evidence that PETA tries to take people's pets away because they believe owning pets is wrong?

Did they try to release the puppy into the wild, or something?

It seems perfectly logical that they intervened because they thought the puppy wasn't being cared for properly.

I'm not saying they were in the right, but it does seem a bit far-fetched to blame their action on a belief that pet ownership is wrong.


Logical that the pet was not being cared for?

Based on what evidence?

It seems incredible that some people do not understand the beliefs of some animal rights activists

You want evidance?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/17/peta-sorry-for-taking-girls-dog-putting-it-down

Would you like more evidence Ben?

One fuckwit born every minute I guess

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:38 pm

Seems they were also a bunch of racist wankers as well Ben

"Critics later noted that, within hours of the incident, the group had posted an adoption listing on Facebook for a dog believed to be the one stolen in the video. A caption noted "we took it from a Roma who was begging," but the posting has since been removed."

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by gelico on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:42 pm


I'm glad he got his dog back

did they think the bloke was going to eat his own puppy or what?

i don't understand what possible motive they could have to do this

scratch

gelico

Posts : 716
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:43 pm

PETA is a pretty nasty organization for the most part. This is just another example of their nastiness. At least they didn't kill the dog.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6363
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Victorismyhero on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:44 pm

they are attention seeking self opinionated, self justifying, virtue signalling idiots and i'll leave you to suss out what their political leanings are from that.

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10756
Join date : 2015-11-06

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:46 pm

Thorin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Wait a minute, do we have any evidence that PETA tries to take people's pets away because they believe owning pets is wrong?

Did they try to release the puppy into the wild, or something?

It seems perfectly logical that they intervened because they thought the puppy wasn't being cared for properly.

I'm not saying they were in the right, but it does seem a bit far-fetched to blame their action on a belief that pet ownership is wrong.


Logical that the pet was not being cared for?

Based on what evidence?

It seems incredible that some people do not understand the beliefs of some animal rights activists

You want evidance?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/17/peta-sorry-for-taking-girls-dog-putting-it-down

Would you like more evidence Ben?

One fuckwit born every minute I guess

https://www.peta.org/issues/animal-companion-issues/companion-animals-faq/

I guess it all depends on who you choose to believe.

_________________
"When I look into your eyes, your love is there for me
And the more I go inside, the more there is to see ...

Makes no difference where you are
or where you're meant to be"

- The Beatles
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28116
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Legal residence: Texas. Heart home: England

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by eddie on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Okay fair enough. I don’t know that much about PETA. I just put forward some points to think about - like perhaps they thought the puppy wasn’t in the best place possible, for its health and well-being. I mean, dogs loving on the streets can’t be as “happy” as a dog living in a warm home where food is always available. 

That’s all I meant by my point.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40020
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Common sense prevails by Victor and Maddog

I cannot believe Eddie and Ben would attempting to find excuses here, when clearly one of the main motivating factors was clearly racism. I mean they claimed the dog was drugged? Do drugged dogs yelp in fear


Go figure

Peta and their cohorts are utter scum, period

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:49 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Logical that the pet was not being cared for?

Based on what evidence?

It seems incredible that some people do not understand the beliefs of some animal rights activists

You want evidance?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/17/peta-sorry-for-taking-girls-dog-putting-it-down

Would you like more evidence Ben?

One fuckwit born every minute I guess

https://www.peta.org/issues/animal-companion-issues/companion-animals-faq/

I guess it all depends on who you choose to believe.


lol who are sounding like a Born again Christian now ben in who to believe

Why not look at the evidence of court cases

Then come back and explain to me why you are ignoring the evidence?

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by gelico on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:51 pm

Thorin wrote:


I cannot believe Eddie and Ben would attempting to find excuses here,




Peta and their cohorts are utter scum, period


no one is excusing anything

it's just looking at potential reasons for it, is all


no?

stop getting so uptight just because someone's asked a sodding question about it

Rolling Eyes


gelico

Posts : 716
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:51 pm

Here is a left wing source Ben, why would they lie here?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/killing-animals-petas-open-secret_b_59e78243e4b0e60c4aa36711?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANLy68rNohfDRbq5827YT8OiPVCE0qPlBTzCx3VKof8FnoZq3VnSSqzY7FXaUURE6vTBqgbFwG1ypvr5tEn-63bk893Ia-_JPirT_Ui1bH0INSZ2OnAcD3oS359Ujw2Z25JWmHxpvd18XzGIWD7n8M4CmlLB51pxe0xb4NAHP912

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:


Logical that the pet was not being cared for?

Based on what evidence?

It seems incredible that some people do not understand the beliefs of some animal rights activists

You want evidance?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/17/peta-sorry-for-taking-girls-dog-putting-it-down

Would you like more evidence Ben?

One fuckwit born every minute I guess

https://www.peta.org/issues/animal-companion-issues/companion-animals-faq/

I guess it all depends on who you choose to believe.

They are opposed to all breeding, which would culminate in the domestic dog and cat disappearing from the planet, and no one having pets. So, they understand that the animals here today should be taken care of, or euthanized, the idea position is for the species to become "extinct" and all animals live as wild animals without "owners".

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6363
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:52 pm

gelico wrote:
Thorin wrote:


I cannot believe Eddie and Ben would attempting to find excuses here,




Peta and their cohorts are utter scum, period


no one is excusing anything

it's just looking at potential reasons for it, is all


no?

stop getting so uptight just because someone's asked a sodding question about it

Rolling Eyes



Reasons?

I am trying to reason with two people that are backing racist idiots

Not uptight at all

Is that okay with you petal?

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:55 pm

Gelico, this is a classic example of both Ben and Eddie being in the wrong and failing to admit that they are

The fact that Ben presented me the Peta site. Which I know better than most. As Victor knows I have poorly used their bullshit in the past

So petal, I know more about this idiotic group more than most and even left wing sources show up them for being an appalling extremist group

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by gelico on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:58 pm

Thorin wrote:Gelico, this is a classic example of both Ben and Eddie being in the wrong and failing to admit that they are


eddie already said she knows nothing about peta (actually nor do I). that doesn't mean no one can ask questions about it


gelico

Posts : 716
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:02 pm

gelico wrote:
Thorin wrote:Gelico, this is a classic example of both Ben and Eddie being in the wrong and failing to admit that they are


eddie already said she knows nothing about peta (actually nor do I).  that doesn't mean no one can ask questions about it



Well then why were Ben and Eddie not listening to me?

I think that speaks volumes dont you?

I mean what was your initial reaction compared to theirs?

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 pm

I know you two love each other, but how many times do you constantly defend each others point of view?

Seriously?

What happened to the Ben and eddie of old?

I will bow out gracefully now, but this is getting tedious

Its okay to disagree

Night everyone

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by eddie on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:32 pm

gelico wrote:
Thorin wrote:


I cannot believe Eddie and Ben would attempting to find excuses here,




Peta and their cohorts are utter scum, period


no one is excusing anything

it's just looking at potential reasons for it, is all


no?

stop getting so uptight just because someone's asked a sodding question about it

Rolling Eyes


Fucking thank you!

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40020
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by 'Wolfie on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:53 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps they thought the puppy looked malnourished or shouldn’t be living on the streets? I can’t see that they really meant any harm, they were just looking out for the dog, right?
Rolling Eyes

No, eddie...

Not right,  at all..

I'm just surprised that those "animal liberationist" morons didn't physically assault that man as well, and not just robbing him.


This thread is very similar to ones I've posted up before.

Animal libbers/PETA types are not interested in proper and genuine animal welfare --  but as with their fellow "vegan" whackjob brethren, are more interested in pushing their unrealistic and other-worldly philosophies..  It is no coincidence that the animal "shelter" run by PETA's US parent organisation has the highest euthanasia rates (over 90%).

Those mongrels who stole the dog need a good punch in their collective mouths for their efforts...

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7966
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:56 pm

'Wolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:Perhaps they thought the puppy looked malnourished or shouldn’t be living on the streets? I can’t see that they really meant any harm, they were just looking out for the dog, right?
Rolling Eyes

No, eddie...

Not right,  at all..

I'm just surprised that those "animal liberationist" morons didn't physically assault that man as well, and not just robbing him.


This thread is very similar to ones I've posted up before.

Animal libbers/PETA types are not interested in proper and general animal welfare --  but as with their fellow "vegan" whackjob brethren, are more interested in pushing their unrealistic and other-worldly philosophies..

Those mongrels who stole the dog need a good punch in their collective mouths for their efforts...


+1

The day eddie starts questioning her beliefs again

I will become Vegan

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:06 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Wait a minute, do we have any evidence that PETA tries to take people's pets away because they believe owning pets is wrong?

Did they try to release the puppy into the wild, or something?

It seems perfectly logical that they intervened because they thought the puppy wasn't being cared for properly.

I'm not saying they were in the right, but it does seem a bit far-fetched to blame their action on a belief that pet ownership is wrong.
Smile

PETA and their offshoots are philosophically opposed to anything that falls under under their wide umbrella definitions of "exploitation" of animals, in all forms...

Including pets, horse riding, guide dogs and companion animals,  beekeeping, zoos, dairy farming --  as well as the more obvious targets of factory farms, and animal testing for cosmetics, etc.

PETA's ultra-extremist views can be found in their manifesto, by matching keywords such as PETA and beekeeping, PETA and pets, PETA and archery, PETA's animal shelter,  in Google! searches.

https://www.comparably.com/companies/peta/mission

Just some of PETA's more outrageous lies and activities :

https://www.doggedblog.com/doggedblog/2009/01/guide-dogs-for-the-blind-peta-staffer-says-forget-it.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/2019/02/26/trending-peta-needs-keep-its-thoughts-about-steve-irwin-in-house/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/17/peta-sorry-for-taking-girls-dog-putting-it-down

https://www.petakids.com/food/honey/


Last edited by 'Wolfie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:29 am; edited 4 times in total

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7966
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by eddie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:11 am

Thorin wrote:
'Wolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:Perhaps they thought the puppy looked malnourished or shouldn’t be living on the streets? I can’t see that they really meant any harm, they were just looking out for the dog, right?
Rolling Eyes

No, eddie...

Not right,  at all..

I'm just surprised that those "animal liberationist" morons didn't physically assault that man as well, and not just robbing him.


This thread is very similar to ones I've posted up before.

Animal libbers/PETA types are not interested in proper and general animal welfare --  but as with their fellow "vegan" whackjob brethren, are more interested in pushing their unrealistic and other-worldly philosophies..

Those mongrels who stole the dog need a good punch in their collective mouths for their efforts...


+1

The day eddie starts questioning her beliefs again

I will become Vegan

So asking a question is wrong? All I did was ask a question and you got angry. Kinda weird.

And I’m not a vegan, just for the record.

And even if I was...what has that got to do with dogs and this thread? scratch

It’s very odd that you should treat a question as an attack. I wouldn’t.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40020
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:16 am

How was I angry Eddie?

Do not play some poor physiological game, its pathetic

I am not angry, just waiting for you to stop stalling and admit to being wrong

You really know how to dodge the point being made and poorly so
Did you make wrong assumptions here Eddie, after the facts were posted?

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by eddie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:18 am

No I’m not wrong for asking a question didge.

Let me ask you a question:

If the guy chose to be homeless, why then make a dog homeless?

If he didn’t choose to be homeless, then isn’t making a dog homeless just plain mean?


Either way, would a dog prefer a home to live in, or a street?

Just asking.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40020
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by eddie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:19 am

And I’m not a vegan, for the record. No idea why you brought up veganism.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40020
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:20 am

Just quit strawmanning eddie. All she did was ask a fucking question.

Didge and Wolfie, your over-the-top reactions show you're reacting to some crazy-ass, fictional "militant vegan" version of eddie that you've cooked up in your heads.

React to what she has said, not to what your angry minds think she's trying to say. She hasn't defended PETA or said they're right. Read what she's actually said, not what you want her to have said because you're in the mood for some vegan bashing. FFS

_________________
"When I look into your eyes, your love is there for me
And the more I go inside, the more there is to see ...

Makes no difference where you are
or where you're meant to be"

- The Beatles
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28116
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Legal residence: Texas. Heart home: England

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:25 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Just quit strawmanning eddie. All she did was ask a fucking question.

Didge and Wolfie, your over-the-top reactions show you're reacting to some crazy-ass, fictional "militant vegan" version of eddie that you've cooked up in your heads.

React to what she has said, not to what your angry minds think she's trying to say. She hasn't defended PETA or said they're right. Read what she's actually said, not what you want her to have said because you're in the mood for some vegan bashing. FFS

I did, how about you allow her to respond, or are you a sexist wanker?

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:28 am

eddie wrote:No I’m not wrong for asking a question didge.

Let me ask you a question:

If the guy chose to be homeless, why then make a dog homeless?

If he didn’t choose to be homeless, then isn’t making a dog homeless just plain mean?


Either way, would a dog prefer a home to live in, or a street?

Just asking.


Explain to me how a dog can be homeless, when in a world of a dog, a view to be in a home is with a person when we have domesticated them as wolves to become dogs?

Are you saying now dogs, need a roof over their heads?

I though a home was with someone cared and loved for them

Have you asked a dog whether they would rather be loved or your fantasy world of a 4ft cage in a shelter?

Which is a home is it not?

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by gelico on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:30 am

eddie wrote:No I’m not wrong for asking a question didge.

Let me ask you a question:

If the guy chose to be homeless, why then make a dog homeless?

If he didn’t choose to be homeless, then isn’t making a dog homeless just plain mean?


Either way, would a dog prefer a home to live in, or a street?

Just asking.

eddie, very few people would ''choose'' to be homeless. I interact with many homeless and help them out when and where i can. sometimes it's only having a pet that stops them topping themselves if i'm honest.

as for the dog. well, sure it would be great to be snoozing by a roaring fire but also as long as they're loved and fed, they're ok.

that particular dog looked perfectly healthy to me

also that pair behaved like tyrannical bullies and terrified the dog. like i said before, i could see no valid reason for what they did to that man, and i'm glad he got his dog back. i've also heard on twitter that the other bloke has been charged (not sure if that bit is true though)

whatever their ''reasoning'' may, have been their behaviour was diabolical

made my blood boil,

Evil or Very Mad

gelico

Posts : 716
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:32 am

eddie wrote:And I’m not a vegan, for the record. No idea why you brought up veganism.


No matter, same points stand

Explain to me how a dog can be homeless, when in a world of a dog, a view to be in a home is with a person when we have domesticated them as wolves to become dogs?

Are you saying now dogs, need a roof over their heads?

I though a home was with someone cared and loved for them

Have you asked a dog whether they would rather be loved or your fantasy world of a 4ft cage in a shelter?

Which is a home is it not?

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:35 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Just quit strawmanning eddie. All she did was ask a fucking question.

Didge and Wolfie, your over-the-top reactions show you're reacting to some crazy-ass, fictional "militant vegan" version of eddie that you've cooked up in your heads.

React to what she has said, not to what your angry minds think she's trying to say. She hasn't defended PETA or said they're right. Read what she's actually said, not what you want her to have said because you're in the mood for some vegan bashing. FFS
scratch

I didn't make any personal attacks on eddie here..

All I've done above is post a few examples of how the actions of PETA and other allied animal "libbers" don't match those claims being made by their defenders..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7966
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:38 am

'Wolfie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Just quit strawmanning eddie. All she did was ask a fucking question.

Didge and Wolfie, your over-the-top reactions show you're reacting to some crazy-ass, fictional "militant vegan" version of eddie that you've cooked up in your heads.

React to what she has said, not to what your angry minds think she's trying to say. She hasn't defended PETA or said they're right. Read what she's actually said, not what you want her to have said because you're in the mood for some vegan bashing. FFS
scratch

I didn't make any personal attacks on eddie here..

All I've done above is post a few examples of how the actions of PETA and other allied animal "libbers" don't match those claims being made by their defenders..

True

Ben is being over protective as usual

If he has beef with me, that is fine, but you did no wrong

Fact is, the pair of them are unable to admit their initial views were poor and wrong

Sadly they are digging their heels in

You owe wolf an apology here Ben

Take your pettiness out on me, its fine

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by gelico on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:41 am



and no one said any accusations of ''personal attacks''




gelico

Posts : 716
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:44 am

I recommend that both Eddie and Ben watch the film "Alpha"

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:50 am

Victorismyhero wrote:they are attention seeking self opinionated, self justifying, virtue signalling idiots and i'll leave you to suss out what their political leanings are from that.
Smile

Assuming they have any genuine political leanings, at all...

A lot of those fringe dwellers are so gullible that they would vote for whoever their gurus or the wider organisation asked them to --  if they bothered voting at all..

Looking at PETA's origins in the USA, the group was founded by a trio of opportunistic unemployed capitalist layabouts when their leader saw a good chance of earning themselves 'five figure' salaries by forming a propagada/promotional entity, riding on the coattails of a few 'animal liberation' activist groups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_for_the_Ethical_Treatment_of_Animals


Last edited by 'Wolfie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7966
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by eddie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:56 am

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:No I’m not wrong for asking a question didge.

Let me ask you a question:

If the guy chose to be homeless, why then make a dog homeless?

If he didn’t choose to be homeless, then isn’t making a dog homeless just plain mean?


Either way, would a dog prefer a home to live in, or a street?

Just asking.

eddie, very few people would ''choose'' to be homeless.  I interact with many homeless and help them out when and where i can.  sometimes it's only having a pet that stops them topping themselves if i'm honest.

as for the dog.  well, sure it would be great to be snoozing by a roaring fire but also as long as they're loved and fed, they're ok.

that particular dog looked perfectly healthy to me

also that pair behaved like tyrannical bullies and terrified the dog.  like i said before, i could see no valid reason for what they did to that man, and i'm glad he got his dog back.  i've also heard on twitter that the other bloke has been charged (not sure if that bit is true though)

whatever their ''reasoning'' may, have been their behaviour was diabolical

made my blood boil,

Evil or Very Mad

I think your answer is something I can listen to, and I have been open during the whole thread, as you’ve seen.
What I don’t get is an angry response to a question that I asked.

And by the way, some people do choose to be homeless. I watched a whole documentary on it....And if they don’t choose it, why would you make an animal suffer being homeless? Isn’t that kind of selfish, no matter how good you may treat them?

I’m just asking questions Gels. I know you get it.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40020
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:06 am

I am sure you can answer gelico

Great, now how about my points Eddie

No worries if you cannot

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Thorin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:26 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Just quit strawmanning eddie. All she did was ask a fucking question.

Didge and Wolfie, your over-the-top reactions show you're reacting to some crazy-ass, fictional "militant vegan" version of eddie that you've cooked up in your heads.

React to what she has said, not to what your angry minds think she's trying to say. She hasn't defended PETA or said they're right. Read what she's actually said, not what you want her to have said because you're in the mood for some vegan bashing. FFS


This is why I am hardly here anymore

People were not nasty and answering questions

And asking them since you both came back online

You really have to stop with this chivalrousness bullshit Ben

Allow her to speak for herself and stop trying to control her

Act like this again and I am fucking off this forum

Tired of you ruining anytime someone challenges her views

Night

Thorin

Posts : 10017
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Maddog on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:55 am

I think this place should require passing a breathalyzer test before posting. Rolling Eyes

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6363
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by eddie on Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:08 am

Maddog wrote:I think this place should require passing a breathalyzer test before posting.  Rolling Eyes

Who is that aimed at? Can you say?


_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40020
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by Maddog on Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:36 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:I think this place should require passing a breathalyzer test before posting.  Rolling Eyes

Who is that aimed at? Can you say?


Nobody and everyone.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6363
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by nicko on Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:19 am

I would have a little more respect for PETA if they stood outside Halal Slaughter houses and tried to stop them cutting the throats of Animals !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12852
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by gelico on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:30 pm

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

eddie, very few people would ''choose'' to be homeless.  I interact with many homeless and help them out when and where i can.  sometimes it's only having a pet that stops them topping themselves if i'm honest.

as for the dog.  well, sure it would be great to be snoozing by a roaring fire but also as long as they're loved and fed, they're ok.

that particular dog looked perfectly healthy to me

also that pair behaved like tyrannical bullies and terrified the dog.  like i said before, i could see no valid reason for what they did to that man, and i'm glad he got his dog back.  i've also heard on twitter that the other bloke has been charged (not sure if that bit is true though)

whatever their ''reasoning'' may, have been their behaviour was diabolical

made my blood boil,

Evil or Very Mad



And by the way, some people do choose to be homeless. I watched a whole documentary on it....And if they don’t choose it, why would you make an animal suffer being homeless? Isn’t that kind of selfish, no matter how good you may treat them?

I’m just asking questions Gels. I know you get it.


LOL! Great!!

I prefer to interact with them face to face and find out about them. I never said no one, i said very few

I met a homeless guy in Barking who did in fact ''choose'' to be homeless simply because he knew people in Barking, it was where he grew up, parents died, siblings help out as and when they can, he could sofa serf, plus he had made friends within the homeless community anyway and he preferred that to being stuck on the outskirts of Basildon (which is what he was offered) where he felt isolated and desperately unhappy, so yeah, sometimes it happens

also i chat to a homeless guy who sits outside iceland. his back story is that he was married but then his mum died and his dad got sick and got dementia. he gave up his time to look after his dad, meanwhile his wife got bored and fucked off with someone else. so he then moved in permanently with his dad. unfortunately, he wasn''t on the tenancy so when his dad died he got chucked out and had no where. he is well educated, and has had some engineering background but can't get a job cos he has no permanent residence. he isn;t a druggie or a drinker, just homeless. it's very sad and the system seems fully stacked against them tbh

anyhoos, in answer to your question; yes, it is selfish to a certain extent. but when you have absolutely nothing, no home, no sense of belonging anywhere, as i said before maybe it's just having that companianship that saves you from going round the bend. i think that dog suffered more in that 15 second video than from a week of sleeping on the streets even in the pissing rain. as a kid we always had dogs. they would be preppared to suffer hardship as long as they have love.

besides peta have admitted culpability in this matter

truth is, edds, i just can't stand bullies


gelico

Posts : 716
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

This is why PETA Extremists are scum Empty Re: This is why PETA Extremists are scum

Post by nicko on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:09 pm

+1
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12852
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum