Yes this is real.

Go down

Yes this is real. Empty Yes this is real.

Post by Maddog on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Cant wait for him and Trump to debate. Should be some comedy gold.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Yes this is real. Empty Re: Yes this is real.

Post by JulesV on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:22 pm

Let's not kid ourselves that election campaign speeches are much better than that.  Not in terms of truth content anyway. Laughing  Biden's dull rambling chat that contains no lies is probably morally better.

At least the audience clapped at one stage. Something must have clicked with them. And no one passed out, like that cop did whilst listening to Boris drone on. [vid's on YT]

Seen the prime minister herself [Thatcher] pass out mid-sentence during HER own speech. Out cold ! - and that was the only memorable part!  

Seen another instance where a US airforce chief fainted mid-sentence too.

Drama, drama, drama. Yes this is real. 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:49 pm

JulesV wrote:Let's not kid ourselves that election campaign speeches are much better than that.  Not in terms of truth content anyway. Laughing  Biden's dull rambling chat that contains no lies is probably morally better.

At least the audience clapped at one stage. Something must have clicked with them. And no one passed out, like that cop did whilst listening to Boris drone on. [vid's on YT]

Seen the prime minister herself [Thatcher] pass out mid-sentence during HER own speech. Out cold !  - and that was the only memorable part!  

What was he even talking about? Can you explain that to me?

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:25 pm

JulesV wrote:Let's not kid ourselves that election campaign speeches are much better than that.  Not in terms of truth content anyway. Laughing  Biden's dull rambling chat that contains no lies is probably morally better.

Seen the prime minister herself [Thatcher] pass out mid-sentence during HER own speech. Out cold !  - and that was the only memorable part!  

I once collapsed during a live TV interview at an important farming event. The outside temperature was 93 degrees at the time and I had already been in those conditions for several hours.

I was defending what was a particularly contentious and unpopular agricultural activity at the time, and I have no doubt that my detractors were rolling around in amusement too.

It is all too easy to ridicule someone who is dealing with a situation that you yourself probably have never been called upon to confront.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:30 pm

What was the question?

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:What was the question?

Why is it so rib-achingly funny for (a) a policeman, (b) Margaret Thatcher and (c) a US Air Force chief to have passed out during a speech?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Why is it so rib-achingly funny for (a) a policeman, (b) Margaret Thatcher and (c) a US Air Force chief to have passed out during a speech?

No...my question goes back to the OP, What was the question put to Mr. Biden? Without the context, we have no way of judging if he is sane or senseless. The clip has hidden the context from us.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

No, it was more a case of gentle mirth at the sheer unexpected drama of it all.

If pushed to justify myself, I could say it looked as if their own boring words drove them into a total stupor.

I have yet to recover from Didge's almighty meltdown when I giggled at folks being too afraid to dine in a roomful of cops. So I'm not quite ready for fresh chastisement over my choice of smilies. Fainting is harmless, never fatal, I've fainted 2 or 3 times myself in weird circs .

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Did Joe faint?

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:40 pm

We can't tell from the clip shown. The clip started and ended in midsentence, so obvs it was extracted from a longer speech.

Maddog wrote:Did Joe faint?
Dunno. It's YOUR vid. Smile   I mentioned fainting cos its very topical, our politicians are also campaigning nonstop right now & someone did faint whilst listening to a speech.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:43 pm

JulesV wrote:
We can't tell from the clip shown. The clip started and ended in midsentence, so obvs it was extracted from a longer speech.

Maddog wrote:Did Joe faint?
Dunno. It's YOUR vid. Smile   I mentioned fainting cos its very topical, our politicians are also campaigning nonstop right now & someone did faint whilst listening to a speech.

So you dont know what he was talking about?

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:05 pm

JulesV wrote:

Yes. That's my point. When someone presents a deliberately distorted picture, or leaves something out to the same effect, you have to suspend judgment until s/he comes clean.

Also, I question the motives. Dishonesty is always a sign of consciousness-of-guilt.

Normal is broken.

Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:

Nope.
However it's no shame for a politician to stand there rambling on about nothing in particular. Especially considering that the alternative is to make bogus, untrue pledges just to win votes.

Some of our politicians have  got it  down to a fine  art. They can stand there droning on pointlessly for literally hours & hours about absolutely nothing. A well known trick used  to block out new  legislation. Just google the art of FILIBUSTERING !

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:51 pm

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Nope.
However it's no shame for a politician to stand there rambling on about nothing in particular. Especially considering that the alternative is to make bogus, untrue pledges just to win votes.

Some of our politicians have  got it  down to a fine  art. They can stand there droning on pointlessly for literally hours & hours about absolutely nothing. A well known trick used  to block out new  legislation. Just google the art of PHILIBUSTERING !

The alternative could be cogent speech.

Not talking about kids rubbing his hairy legs and sitting on his lap.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Ah ok.

ps he's a good man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:13 pm

JulesV wrote:Ah ok.

ps he's a good man.

He's not a bad guy for a politician. He's just well past his prime.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Yes this is real. Fb_img35

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum