An American Congressman denies farting on live television. You be the judge

Go down

An American Congressman denies farting on live television. You be the judge Empty An American Congressman denies farting on live television. You be the judge

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Here’s one act he had no problem passing.
A congressman from California became the butt of everyone’s joke for appearing to fart on live television Monday night.
Rep. Eric Swalwell was mid-sentence on MSNBC’s “Hardball with Chris Matthews” when it sounded like he let ‘er rip.
“Chris, so far the evidence is uncontradicted that the president used taxpayer dollars to help him cheat —” Swalwell says with a pause, as the noise is clearly heard, “— an election.”
But the 39-year-old Democrat, who’s been in Congress since 2013 and sits on the House Judiciary Committee, was quick to deny the apparent tummy troubles.
“It was not me!!!!!” he texted a BuzzFeed News reporter. “Ha. And I didn’t hear it when I was speaking.”
  Twitter users cried foul.
“It is real you can tell the pause he takes to push it out,” one person wrote.
Another noted, “The slight pause as he realizes he can’t hold it in any longer is pure gold.”
“Hardball” issued its own cheeky explanation, blaming the fart faux pas on a production snafu.
“Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists – it was the #hardball mug scraping across the desk,” the show’s Twitter page posted. “Get yours today and let’s get back to the news!”

https://nypost.com/2019/11/19/congressman-eric-swalwell-appears-to-fart-on-live-tv/

I think he just needs to own it. 

- Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

An American Congressman denies farting on live television. You be the judge Empty Re: An American Congressman denies farting on live television. You be the judge

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 pm

He definitely farted. Not admitting it looks like he’s stupid. And untrustworthy. And ashamed of farting.

Idiot. Rolling Eyes

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

An American Congressman denies farting on live television. You be the judge Empty Re: An American Congressman denies farting on live television. You be the judge

Post by JulesV on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Eww. Well done to that young reporter for keeping a straight face. A true pro. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:40 pm

I would have burst out laughing at such a ripper of a fart... Laughing

To deny it is silly really

Thorin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm

I dont think that was a fart. And I know a thing or two about farts.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:11 pm

He's Rep. Eric Swalwell (D, Hayward CA). If it was a fart, that's a well-miked chair.

I would have liked to have heard Chris Matthews response afterwards. He can't be pleased, what with ripping up the set like that. Mad

Laughing

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum