New South Wales is burning

Go down

New South Wales is burning Empty New South Wales is burning

Post by 'Wolfie on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 am

What a Face

Conditions have been deteriorating to such an extent in recent days, that this week NSW could be facing some of the worst bushfire conditions in living memory...

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6487076/live-total-fire-ban-declared-as-hunter-faces-catastrophic-bushfire-danger/

As I've been posting over the last few weeks, these wildfires have been occurring earlier each season, lasting longer, hitting areas with little or no previous bushfire history, and growing ever more fierce.

Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Back to top Go down

New South Wales is burning Empty Re: New South Wales is burning

Post by Victorismyhero on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:44 am

meanwhile we are up to our knees in water...

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:53 am

Arrow

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-12/nsw-fires-catastrophic-day-arrives/11694264

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fires-near-me

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/full-list-of-schools-closed-due-to-bushfire-risk-on-monday-tuesday-in-new-south-wales/news-story/dd2649ec5c9a3b030f5b976948dca381

Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:16 pm

'Wolfie wrote:What a Face

Conditions have been deteriorating to such an extent in recent days, that this week NSW could be facing some of the worst bushfire conditions in living memory...

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6487076/live-total-fire-ban-declared-as-hunter-faces-catastrophic-bushfire-danger/

As I've been posting over the last few weeks, these wildfires have been occurring earlier each season, lasting longer, hitting areas with little or no previous bushfire history, and growing ever more fierce.

The fires are north of you, aren't they? Up around Brisbane?

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:26 am

Arrow

There were fires breaking out to the south and west of Sydney yesterday.

The closest fires to here were about 10 kms to the SW,  30 kms west, and around 150 kms north..

The most severe fires were to the west of Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour, up on the mid-north coast (around 250 to 400 kms north, "as the frow flies"..), and in regions extending from around there up into southern Queensland.

About an hours drive inland from Coffs, the combined area burnt out by those 15 or 20 fires alone this week has exceeded 150,000 hectares (that's over 370,000 acres..).

Yesterday there were 75 bushfires burning, with 13 out of control.  This morning there were more than 125 from south of Sydney up to the Qld border.   Probably be more this arvo..

A southerly wind change last night cooled things a little for today;  but those winds could also push some fires onto previously unburnt ground in some areas (the bad winds over the previous week have been the hot and dry 'Westerlies' blowing off the inland deserts..).

Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum