White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by phildidge on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:03 pm

The Pulitzer-nominated poet Laurie Sheck, a professor at the New School in New York City, is being investigated by the university for using the N-word during a discussion about James Baldwin’s use of the racial slur.

The investigation has been condemned by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (Fire), which is calling on the New School to drop the “misguided” case because it “warns faculty and students that good-faith engagement with difficult political, social, and academic questions will result in investigation and possible discipline”.

Sheck, who is white, was teaching a graduate course this spring on “radical questioning” in writing. She assigned students Baldwin’s 1962 essay The Creative Process, in which the black American writer and civil rights activist argued that Americans have “modified or suppressed and lied about all the darker forces in our history” and must commit to “a long look backward whence we came and an unflinching assessment of the record”. During the class, Sheck pointed to the 2016 documentary about Baldwin, I Am Not Your Negro, and asked her students to discuss why the title altered Baldwin’s original statement, in which he used the N-word instead of negro during an appearance on a talk show.

Sheck told Inside Higher Education that a white student had objected to her language. According to Sheck, she questioned the student about her objection, who said she had been told by a previous professor that white people should never use the term. At the end of term, the student gave a presentation about racism at the New School

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/aug/15/white-professor-investigated-quoting-james-baldwin-use-of-n-word-laurie-sheck


Yet more evidence of how ridiculous Universities are becoming

phildidge

Posts : 8511
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by Original Quill on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Nothing will come of it.  I know the New School University, a progressive university that helped Jewish academicians escaping from Nazi Germany.  When I taught at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in Manhattan, I dated an economics professor from there.

Anybody can complain.  Probably a RW student trying to make trouble for having a bad attitude (perhaps a bad grade) from last semester.  There's always one or two of those.

Any university has to give due process to any complaint.  That doesn't mean the New School has changed any procedures or standards since their founding in 1919.  "Notice and the opportunity to be heard" is the essence of due process.  You listen, yawn, and dismiss the complaint.

Rolling Eyes

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29801
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by phildidge on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm

And yet again more gibberish by Quill, now claiming someone RW reported this

You simple cannot grasp how unhinged and paranoid Quill is. Being as this is under investigation

What ever happened to intelligent posts by Quill?

Long gone have those days gone since he turned to extreme leftist ideology

phildidge

Posts : 8511
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by gelico on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Anybody can complain.  Probably a RW student trying to make trouble for having a bad attitude (perhaps a bad grade) from last semester.  There's always one or two of those.

Rolling Eyes

but quill, why on earth would a RW student have a problem with a professor using the N word?

I thought you believed that all RWers were fine with that term

Rolling Eyes

gelico

Posts : 460
Join date : 2019-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by Original Quill on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:14 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Anybody can complain. Probably a RW student trying to make trouble for having a bad attitude (perhaps a bad grade) from last semester. There's always one or two of those.

Rolling Eyes

but quill, why on earth would a RW student have a problem with a professor using the N word?

I thought you believed that all RWers were fine with that term

Rolling Eyes

An excellent question, being discussed on news/talk shows throughout the nation.

The world-wide right has distanced themselves so far from the rest, that they no longer find their bearings by issues, but by the opposition (to the left) itself. If the left likes strawberry ice cream, the right-wing farmers will stop growing strawberries.

One of the games that the RW plays is, Gotcha! As you know, RW'ers love to play the mirror-image game. If they can catch the LW in any breach of linguistic protocol, they will scream like a winner in a bingo game. Catching a professor using the 'N' word, would be a wet dream for a righty.

The RW has moved way too far away from any common interest with the left. The breach is too great for there to be any mutual interest at all.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29801
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by gelico on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

but quill, why on earth would a RW student have a problem with a professor using the N word?

I thought you believed that all RWers were fine with that term

Rolling Eyes

An excellent question, being discussed on news/talk shows throughout the nation.

The world-wide right has distanced themselves so far from the rest, that they no longer find their bearings by issues, but by the opposition (to the left) itself.  If the left likes strawberry ice cream, the right-wing farmers will stop growing strawberries.

One of the games that the RW plays is, Gotcha!  As you know, RW'ers love to play the mirror-image game.  If they can catch the LW in any breach of linguistic protocol, they will scream like a winner in a bingo game.  Catching a professor using the 'N' word, would be a wet dream for a righty.

The RW has moved way too far away from any common interest with the left.  The breach is too great for there to be any mutual interest at all.


very eloquently put, quill. However let's not pretend that this is only a RW issue.

The stubborness, the point scoring, the bingo like screeching and the gotchas is very much on both sides of the political spectrum. This happens just as frequently if not more so by LWers, identity politics, minority movements all trying to outdo each other on the importance spectrum, screeching each other down. screeching RW voices down

like i said this is both sides and i fear it has maybe got to the point where it is commonplace

i'm optimistic enough to believe there are still many moderate people in politics but i fear their voices are not being heard and in all honesty i find politics to be so depressing right now


gelico

Posts : 460
Join date : 2019-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by Original Quill on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:52 pm

gelico wrote:The stubborness, the point scoring, the bingo like screeching and the gotchas is very much on both sides of the political spectrum. This happens just as frequently if not more so by LWers, identity politics, minority movements all trying to outdo each other on the importance spectrum, screeching each other down. screeching RW voices down

Well, once the right started it, you'd be a snowflake to not do the same. Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile.

Cooperation is over...winning is the only game.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29801
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by gelico on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:The stubborness, the point scoring, the bingo like screeching and the gotchas is very much on both sides of the political spectrum. This happens just as frequently if not more so by LWers, identity politics, minority movements all trying to outdo each other on the importance spectrum, screeching each other down. screeching RW voices down

Well, once the right started it, you'd be a snowflake to not do the same.  Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile.

Cooperation is over...winning is the only game.


who specifically?

from your answer it sounds more like whining is the only game


Twisted Evil




gelico

Posts : 460
Join date : 2019-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by Original Quill on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:15 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, once the right started it, you'd be a snowflake to not do the same.  Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile.

Cooperation is over...winning is the only game.


who specifically?

Probably, Reagan...with the Iran-Contra lies.  Certain GWB and lying to start the Iraq war, and to legalize torture, rape and kidnapping.  That took the nation to the dark side of the force.

And now, of course, Trump opens the swamp completely.

gelico wrote:from your answer it sounds more like whining is the only game

Both whining and panic are useless emotions.  The probable result of non-cooperation is to bring the world to a stand still economically.

The second Great Depression is suggested by some.  The inverted yield curve came around day-before-yesterday, and it always predicts a downturn...perhaps a start.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29801
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:41 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

but quill, why on earth would a RW student have a problem with a professor using the N word?

I thought you believed that all RWers were fine with that term

Rolling Eyes

An excellent question, being discussed on news/talk shows throughout the nation.

The world-wide right has distanced themselves so far from the rest, that they no longer find their bearings by issues, but by the opposition (to the left) itself.  If the left likes strawberry ice cream, the right-wing farmers will stop growing strawberries.

One of the games that the RW plays is, Gotcha!  As you know, RW'ers love to play the mirror-image game.  If they can catch the LW in any breach of linguistic protocol, they will scream like a winner in a bingo game.  Catching a professor using the 'N' word, would be a wet dream for a righty.

The RW has moved way too far away from any common interest with the left.  The breach is too great for there to be any mutual interest at all.


very eloquently put, quill.  However let's not pretend that this is only a RW issue.

The stubborness, the point scoring, the bingo like screeching and the gotchas is very much on both sides of the political spectrum.  This happens just as frequently if not more so by LWers, identity politics, minority movements all trying to outdo each other on the importance spectrum,  screeching each other down.  screeching RW voices down

like i said this is both sides and i fear it has maybe got to the point where it is commonplace

i'm optimistic enough to believe there are still many moderate people in politics but i fear their voices are not being heard and in all honesty i find politics to be so depressing right now


It's really difficult to catch the right in breach of their own values, though. A good example is Trump's trade wars -- literally until he came along, we were told that the American right believes in the wealth-building power of free trade.

Then they idolize Trump and pretend as though they've always been in favor of protectionist trade policies, and just hand-wave it away if you point out the flip-flop.

From a different angle, you see conservatives who don't like racism trying to make Martin Luther King into a Republican (he wasn't) and the racist ones trying to make him into a Communist (he wasn't).

It's enough to make your head spin.

That's why I greened Quill -- because so many members of the right, at least in the U.S., have no discernible beliefs other than opposition to the left. It makes debate nearly impossible.

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27280
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by eddie on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Anybody can complain.  Probably a RW student trying to make trouble for having a bad attitude (perhaps a bad grade) from last semester.  There's always one or two of those.

Rolling Eyes

but quill, why on earth would a RW student have a problem with a professor using the N word?

I thought you believed that all RWers were fine with that term

Rolling Eyes

An excellent question, being discussed on news/talk shows throughout the nation.

The world-wide right has distanced themselves so far from the rest, that they no longer find their bearings by issues, but by the opposition (to the left) itself.  If the left likes strawberry ice cream, the right-wing farmers will stop growing strawberries.

One of the games that the RW plays is, Gotcha!  As you know, RW'ers love to play the mirror-image game.  If they can catch the LW in any breach of linguistic protocol, they will scream like a winner in a bingo game.  Catching a professor using the 'N' word, would be a wet dream for a righty.

The RW has moved way too far away from any common interest with the left.  The breach is too great for there to be any mutual interest at all.


Well said.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39295
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by phildidge on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
gelico wrote:


very eloquently put, quill.  However let's not pretend that this is only a RW issue.

The stubborness, the point scoring, the bingo like screeching and the gotchas is very much on both sides of the political spectrum.  This happens just as frequently if not more so by LWers, identity politics, minority movements all trying to outdo each other on the importance spectrum,  screeching each other down.  screeching RW voices down

like i said this is both sides and i fear it has maybe got to the point where it is commonplace

i'm optimistic enough to believe there are still many moderate people in politics but i fear their voices are not being heard and in all honesty i find politics to be so depressing right now


It's really difficult to catch the right in breach of their own values, though. A good example is Trump's trade wars -- literally until he came along, we were told that the American right believes in the wealth-building power of free trade.

Then they idolize Trump and pretend as though they've always been in favor of protectionist trade policies, and just hand-wave it away if you point out the flip-flop.

From a different angle, you see conservatives who don't like racism trying to make Martin Luther King into a Republican (he wasn't) and the racist ones trying to make him into a Communist (he wasn't).

It's enough to make your head spin.

That's why I greened Quill -- because so many members of the right, at least in the U.S., have no discernible beliefs other than opposition to the left. It makes debate nearly impossible.

What a crock of shit and shows how far this has gone off topic.

You are making the same poor sterotypical views of people on the right and yesterday I actually showed in the Uk, many share many of the same values on many issues with the left.

This is what the problem is with the likes of you Ben. You never see anything wrong when it comes to the left. Whether when there is even attacks on science, you deny this from the left. When I show terrorism is worst from the left in Europe or in reality Far right errorism is only realy prevalent in the Us and rare most everywhere else. You simple hold a left verses right attitude yourself with again this really arrogant moral superioty view point exactly as Quill does. Its what is driving the US into open conflict because neitehr side is willing to listen to each other and continue to polarise each other

The reality is here we ghave simple a teacher teaching her subject and they are subjected to continued nonsense like this from people and a system in schools which is mollycoddling students. Setting up to fail in the world.

What we need is secualr liberal minded people to draw people away from the extremes of the left and right, but all you continue to do as Quill does it hold the most blinkered minds I have ever come across


Last edited by phildidge on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

phildidge

Posts : 8511
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by eddie on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:55 pm

The far left and the far right are no different when it comes to lunacy.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39295
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by phildidge on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:57 pm

eddie wrote:The far left and the far right are no different when it comes to lunacy.

And not enough from the left and right denounce the extremes of the political spectrum they follow. Getting further sucked into the views on the extrems of each side.


phildidge

Posts : 8511
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Most times when I'm talking about the right vs. the left, I'm talking about the American version, because I have little knowledge of how it goes in the rest of the world.

And I'm not about to start cutting stark raving Trump lunatics a break on account of the existence of moderate Tories.

I am pretty careful to use precise terminology, like: "so many members of the right, at least in the U.S., have no discernible beliefs other than opposition to the left."

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27280
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by eddie on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:00 pm

phildidge wrote:
eddie wrote:The far left and the far right are no different when it comes to lunacy.

And not enough from the left and right denounce the extremes of the political spectrum they follow. Getting further sucked into the views on the extrems of each side.


Yeah people should really remove themselves from the extremists of their chosen side. A few dumb idiots make the rest of them look stupid if no one speaks out.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39295
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by phildidge on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Most times when I'm talking about the right vs. the left, I'm talking about the American version, because I have little knowledge of how it goes in the rest of the world.

And I'm not about to start cutting stark raving Trump lunatics a break on account of the existence of moderate Tories.

I am pretty careful to use precise terminology, like: "so many members of the right, at least in the U.S., have no discernible beliefs other than opposition to the left."

Bullshit and you are not carfeul at all espcially in your previous post

You place labels on people

For example I think Corbyn and his cronies would be a disaster for this country. Their leader has shifted well to the far left and has created hate and antisemitism. That does not then mean I then think all labour supporters are the same. Many will weigh up a balance on policies. Even though no matter the political party none are any good.

I mean look at your thread the other day that was so poor around far right terrorism and Islamic terrorism. Really poor and had little comparability. Then the one by the expert on Islamic terrorism speaking on Far right terrorism, really poor again. When again what is driving most of the problems today is the bias within left and right media. The polarisation, the distrust in polituics How people are coming to trust less and less the media and politics. They are simple following the same paths of disgruntled people in the 1920's and 1930's. Where all it will take is another big recession and the extremes of society will be voted in and then disaster will happen yet again.

phildidge

Posts : 8511
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by Original Quill on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 pm

eddie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

And not enough from the left and right denounce the extremes of the political spectrum they follow. Getting further sucked into the views on the extrems of each side.


Yeah people should really remove themselves from the extremists of their chosen side. A few dumb idiots make the rest of them look stupid if no one speaks out.

The problem with that, eds, is that there is no tie-down for the right...no fix on issues, no fix on ideology. They are so free-floating that they can't find the extreme from which to remove themselves. They know one thing: if the left is for it, I'm against it. There are no walls, no lines, no boundaries by which to define an extreme.

That kind of political existentialism is why the party of austerity has just built the largest deficit ever by any administration. And the party of freedom, is caging up children. And the party of free-trade is now laying down massive tariffs. They've lost all sense of direction.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29801
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

And not enough from the left and right denounce the extremes of the political spectrum they follow. Getting further sucked into the views on the extrems of each side.


Yeah people should really remove themselves from the extremists of their chosen side. A few dumb idiots make the rest of them look stupid if no one speaks out.

The problem with that, eds, is that there is no tie-down for the right...no fix on issues, no fix on ideology.  They are so free-floating that they can't find the extreme from which to remove themselves.  They know one thing: if the left is for it, I'm against it.  There are no walls, no lines, no boundaries by which to define an extreme.

That kind of political existentialism is why the party of austerity has just built the largest deficit ever by any administration.  And the party of freedom, is caging up children.  And the party of free-trade is now laying down massive tariffs.  They've lost all sense of direction.

So, I totally agree with you when it comes to American politics. And I would point out to anybody outside the U.S. that you really can't equate your right-wingers with ours.

But Quill, you should realize that the Conservative Party in the UK is to the left of the Democrats on several issues, and lines up with them on many others. The two parties are very similar -- P.M. BoJo notwithstanding, of course.

You have to remember that when you talk about British conservatives, in general you're talking about people who support universal, government-run health care and very strict gun control. Two positions that the most mainstream, moderate of Republicans treat as though they came straight from the bowels of Satan.

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27280
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word Empty Re: White professor investigated for quoting James Baldwin's use of N-word

Post by Original Quill on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:17 pm

I don't think the equivalency to Trump is the Tories. While Trump has taken over the Republican Party, in the UK it was Brexit that filled the RW spot. Same polarities, but different vehicles.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29801
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum