Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by phildidge on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:27 am

A man has been arrested in Norway after a shooting inside a mosque left one person injured on Saturday.

Police say a gunman opened fire on the Al-Noor Islamic Centre, in the outskirts of the capital Oslo.

Later a woman was found dead at the house of the suspect, police said.

The suspect "is around 20 years old, a Norwegian citizen from the area," said assistant chief of police Rune Skjold, adding that the man was now suspected of murdering a relative.

"We consider this a suspicious death... The dead person is related to the man arrested earlier today," he said.

Police say the man acted alone when he attacked the mosque.

The mosque's director told local media that the victim was a 75-year-old member of the congregation.

"One of our members has been shot by a white man with a helmet and uniform," Irfan Mushtaq told local newspaper Budstikka.

He later told local channel TV2 that the attacker had "carried two shotgun-like weapons and a pistol. He broke through a glass door and fired shots."

The gunman, who wore body armour, was overpowered by people at the mosque before police arrived at the scene, Mr Mushtaq added.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49308016

phildidge

Posts : 9348
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Andy on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:24 am

Sounds like another Andrew Breivik, the far right monster. so well supported by the nutters who were encouraged to do so on a flopping lesser forum.


Last edited by Andy on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by nicko on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:26 am

Knocking Flap again Andy, why can't you forget 'em ?
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Andy on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:33 am

99% of civilized humanity were horried by Breivik's slaughter of innocents.
The 1% were encouraged and very local on that site, whose owner, admin and sole moderator still parachutes in here when he feels the need to.
I cannot recall him ever condemning those posters , so it can be taken he supported them over Breivik, and presumably over this new attack.


Last edited by Andy on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by nicko on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:17 am

Sorry Andy , that's pure conjection !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:34 am

It sounds like this guy had the same idea as the guy who shot up the Mosque in New Zealand. One person was injured, but others were saved because he was overpowered by members of the Mosque. Everyone should have a plan as to what to do do if someone does burst in with a gun.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Original Quill on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:46 am

nicko wrote: Knocking Flap again Andy, why can't you forget 'em ?

Yeah, Andy.  Everybody else has forgotten flap.  Laughing


Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 30474
Join date : 2013-12-18
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Jules on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:47 am

phildidge wrote:A man has been arrested in Norway after a shooting inside a mosque left one person injured on Saturday.

Police say a gunman opened fire on the Al-Noor Islamic Centre, in the outskirts of the capital Oslo.

Later a woman was found dead at the house of the suspect, police said.

The suspect "is around 20 years old, a Norwegian citizen from the area," said assistant chief of police Rune Skjold, adding that the man was now suspected of murdering a relative.

"We consider this a suspicious death... The dead person is related to the man arrested earlier today," he said.

Police say the man acted alone when he attacked the mosque.

The mosque's director told local media that the victim was a 75-year-old member of the congregation.

"One of our members has been shot by a white man with a helmet and uniform," Irfan Mushtaq told local newspaper Budstikka.

He later told local channel TV2 that the attacker had "carried two shotgun-like weapons and a pistol. He broke through a glass door and fired shots."

The gunman, who wore body armour, was overpowered by people at the mosque before police arrived at the scene, Mr Mushtaq added.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49308016
Is he the one who also shot a family member? I cannot keep track, haven't had time. 

One lad shot his parents, gf,  and a few other people known to him, - but no member of the public got caught up in it, way back in January   "A 21-year-old man from Louisiana who allegedly fatally shot his parents, girlfriend, her father and her brother was captured Sunday morning outside his grandmother's house "

_________________
Live Love Laugh
Jules
Jules

Posts : 3590
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by 'Wolfie on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote: Knocking Flap again Andy, why can't you forget 'em ?

Yeah, Andy.  Everybody else has forgotten flap.  Laughing

Razz

Flippin' 'eck...

Flap flopped years ago..

Flippin' 'flappers' keep on flopping, thou'.

They just refuse to lay on down and quietly fade away..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7726
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Maddog on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:10 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It sounds like this guy had the same idea as the guy who shot up the Mosque in New Zealand. One person was injured, but others were saved because he was overpowered by members of the Mosque. Everyone should have a plan as to what to do do if someone does burst in with a gun.

Attacking him was a good idea, but good old-fashioned luck and Karma played a part. There were only three people in the mosque when he attacked, and two of them attacked him back.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 5791
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by eddie on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Why are all terrorist shooters men in “helmets and uniform”? What uniform?
This isn’t the first time witnesses have described shooters wearing these seemingly “police type” outfits.

Hmmmm.

_________________
WHEN YOU TALK, YOU ARE ONLY REPEATING WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW.
BUT IF YOU LISTEN, YOU MAY LEARN SOMETHING NEW.

~ Dalai Lama
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39631
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Maddog on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:26 pm

eddie wrote:Why are all terrorist shooters men in “helmets and uniform”? What uniform?
This isn’t the first time witnesses have described shooters wearing these seemingly “police type” outfits.

Hmmmm.

It makes them feel more powerful. Sorta like posters who resort to constant name calling. Cool

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 5791
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by eddie on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Why are all terrorist shooters men in “helmets and uniform”? What uniform?
This isn’t the first time witnesses have described shooters wearing these seemingly “police type” outfits.

Hmmmm.

It makes them feel more powerful. Sorta like posters who resort to constant name calling. Cool  

But I want to know why they always choose these uniforms? Do ordinary nutters all dress the same then, when they go out shooting up people?
Sounds fishy.

_________________
WHEN YOU TALK, YOU ARE ONLY REPEATING WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW.
BUT IF YOU LISTEN, YOU MAY LEARN SOMETHING NEW.

~ Dalai Lama
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39631
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:46 pm



Is there a name being released for this murderous cretin yet...?


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23087
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Raggamuffin on Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It sounds like this guy had the same idea as the guy who shot up the Mosque in New Zealand. One person was injured, but others were saved because he was overpowered by members of the Mosque. Everyone should have a plan as to what to do do if someone does burst in with a gun.

Attacking him was a good idea, but good old-fashioned luck and Karma played  a part. There were only three people in the mosque when he attacked, and two of them attacked him back.

They did well. In the NZ attack, it was unfortunate (although natural) that most of the victims ran to a corner of the room where they were sitting ducks.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Original Quill on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:22 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It makes them feel more powerful. Sorta like posters who resort to constant name calling. Cool  

But I want to know why they always choose these uniforms? Do ordinary nutters all dress the same then, when they go out shooting up people?
Sounds fishy.  

I don't see any uniforms, but I do see regulation body armor. Like Redneck says, it's simulation to make 'em feel like they fit in. And...like they're prepared if they get into a real firefight.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 30474
Join date : 2013-12-18
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by 'Wolfie on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It makes them feel more powerful. Sorta like posters who resort to constant name calling. Cool  

But I want to know why they always choose these uniforms? Do ordinary nutters all dress the same then, when they go out shooting up people?
Sounds fishy.  

Basketball

It's a practical way for your would-be urban terrorists to dress...

They see how military and police units dress ready for action, and likely emulate them for the same reasons --  and like Mad dog suggests, it probably makes them feel that bit more "powerful" at the same time.

Have a look at a lot of military surplus, outdoorsy, hunting and work clothes that are readily available, and it won't be difficult to copy your favourite terrorist, military or SWAT team ensemble..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7726
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by gelico on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:08 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

But I want to know why they always choose these uniforms? Do ordinary nutters all dress the same then, when they go out shooting up people?
Sounds fishy.  

Basketball

It's a practical way for your would-be urban terrorists to dress...

They see how military and police units dress ready for action, and likely emulate them for the same reasons --  and like Mad dog suggests, it probably makes them feel that bit more "powerful" at the same time.

Have a look at a lot of military surplus, outdoorsy, hunting and work clothes that are readily available, and it won't be difficult to copy your favourite terrorist, military or SWAT team ensemble..


well said

makes sense

alien

gelico

Posts : 603
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by Maddog on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It makes them feel more powerful. Sorta like posters who resort to constant name calling. Cool  

But I want to know why they always choose these uniforms? Do ordinary nutters all dress the same then, when they go out shooting up people?
Sounds fishy.  

They don't all dress the same. The nut in El Paso was wearing khaki pants. He looked like he was off to private school. Tactical clothing like some of these shooters wear are sold in lots of stores over here. Some people think it makes them look like they are "tactical".

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 5791
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre Empty Re: Norway mosque shooting: Man opens fire on Al-Noor Islamic Centre

Post by 'Wolfie on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
................
................

It makes them feel more powerful. Sorta like posters who resort to constant name calling.

Cool  
What a Face  

Yeh, yeh,  Mary...

Right up there alongside your regular pop psych' evaluations of your opponents on here..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7726
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum