More lies from the climate change loons

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:03 am

First topic message reminder :



25th of july met office quote...


The UK has seen its hottest July day and second hottest day on record as the mercury hit 38.1C, the Met Office said. 


And...


In Cambridge, temperatures reached 38.1 °C. This is the second time temperatures reached over 100 Fahrenheit in the UK, according to the Met Office.


https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2019/jul/25/heatwave-uk-weather-set-to-break-records-as-europes-cities-await-hottest-day-live




But then... 29th july...


https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uks-hottest-day-confirmed-mercury-18796901



Bollocks!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down


More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:42 pm

fonken wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Is it actually getting hotter? Remember 1976? That was a very hot summer.

It feels hotter to me these days in summer, but then the building where I work seems to retain the heat, and also I think that I might feel the heat more now that I'm older. Razz

As for flooding, haven't we always had that?

I do think it's a great idea to cut down on pollution, plastics, and packaging - it's horrible to see how much waste there is and where it ends up.

Finally, I think that fonken can speak for himself/herself, and there's no need for anyone to start slagging off current members to him/her when he/she has only been here five minutes.
You ask Is flooding increasing with temperature rising?

The answer is a bit more complicated than a simple yes or No.

A warmer atmosphere holds more moisture That doesn’t automatically mean more heavy rainfall because complex weather patterns govern the amount, timing and distribution of rainfall. But it does mean that with more water in the atmosphere, the volume of rainfall may increase when it does pour.

But Attributing specific events to climate change is tricky, and flooding is no exception.

Flooding occurs where heavy rainfall can’t be absorb into the ground or drain away, this is exasperated by Changes in land use, such as building houses on flood plains and paving over natural surfaces, this is making people more vulnerable to flooding.but it’s hard to be more specific than that



It was actually Didge who asked that question, but thank you for your reply anyway. Aren't ice caps supposed to be melting, which will increase flooding?

A lot of people do concrete over their front gardens these days to give them somewhere to park. Someone down the road from me did that, but all the rain water ran down towards their house so they changed it back to grass. Razz

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:


1) Where did i state that? never did, your words, not mine

2) You spoke about flooding in the past. What relevance does your point have to todays levels of flooding?

3. I will say as I please no matter how much you are desperate to attempt to silence people.

Clearly, if there's always been flooding, things aren't necessarily getting worse.


Really? Based on what reasoning.???

For example heavy rains and flooding have increased 50% in the last decade.

Hence if there is an increase in these factors than in the past and it correlates with climate change. Then clearly it shows evidence of things gettering worse.

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:45 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Clearly, if there's always been flooding, things aren't necessarily getting worse.


Really? Based on what reasoning.???

For example heavy rains and flooding have increased 50% in the last decade.

Hence if there is an increase in these factors than in the past and it correlates with climate change. Then clearly it shows evidence of things gettering worse.

Based on the reasoning that if flooding has always happened and isn't worse now, then things aren't getting worse - obviously. If you say that flooding has increased, that's fine. It's a pity you didn't just say that in the first place. Some evidence would be nice.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:


Really? Based on what reasoning.???

For example heavy rains and flooding have increased 50% in the last decade.

Hence if there is an increase in these factors than in the past and it correlates with climate change. Then clearly it shows evidence of things gettering worse.

Based on the reasoning that if flooding has always happened and isn't worse now, then things aren't getting worse - obviously. If you say that flooding has increased, that's fine. It's a pity you didn't just say that in the first place. Some evidence would be nice.


The above does not make any sense when you are not presenting the past with the present.
I went off your view about flooding in the past, when you provided no reasoning around your point
It was an open ended statement, basically meaningless

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
fonken wrote:
You ask Is flooding increasing with temperature rising?

The answer is a bit more complicated than a simple yes or No.

A warmer atmosphere holds more moisture That doesn’t automatically mean more heavy rainfall because complex weather patterns govern the amount, timing and distribution of rainfall. But it does mean that with more water in the atmosphere, the volume of rainfall may increase when it does pour.

But Attributing specific events to climate change is tricky, and flooding is no exception.

Flooding occurs where heavy rainfall can’t be absorb into the ground or drain away, this is exasperated by Changes in land use, such as building houses on flood plains and paving over natural surfaces, this is making people more vulnerable to flooding.but it’s hard to be more specific than that



It was actually Didge who asked that question, but thank you for your reply anyway. Aren't ice caps supposed to be melting, which will increase flooding?

A lot of people do concrete over their front gardens these days to give them somewhere to park. Someone down the road from me did that, but all the rain water ran down towards their house so they changed it back to grass. Razz
Yes the ice caps are melting ,Greenland's massive ice sheet is experiencing one of its biggest melting events on record, losing some 11 billion tons of ice in a 24-hour period. And as that affects sea level, so a increase in coastal flooding is inevitable

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:53 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Based on the reasoning that if flooding has always happened and isn't worse now, then things aren't getting worse - obviously. If you say that flooding has increased, that's fine. It's a pity you didn't just say that in the first place. Some evidence would be nice.


The above does not make any sense when you are not presenting the past with the present.
I went off your view about flooding in the past, when you provided no reasoning around your point
It was an open ended statement, basically meaningless

If you can't provide evidence, just say so rather than spout a load of gibberish about my post. Has flooding got worse or hasn't it?

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:


The above does not make any sense when you are not presenting the past with the present.
I went off your view about flooding in the past, when you provided no reasoning around your point
It was an open ended statement, basically meaningless

If you can't provide evidence, just say so rather than spout a load of gibberish about my post. Has flooding got worse or hasn't it?


https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/21/flooding-and-heavy-rains-rise-50-worldwide-in-a-decade-figures-show

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-and-extreme-weather/

The point is Rags your post was open ended without anything to back your view around the past with flooding. You simple took a stance on this, without any data.

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:59 pm

fonken wrote:

You ask Is flooding increasing with temperature rising?

The answer is a bit more complicated than a simple yes or No.

A warmer atmosphere holds more moisture That doesn’t automatically mean more heavy rainfall because complex weather patterns govern the amount, timing and distribution of rainfall. But it does mean that with more water in the atmosphere, the volume of rainfall may increase when it does pour.

But Attributing specific events to climate change is tricky, and flooding is no exception.

Flooding occurs where heavy rainfall can’t be absorb into the ground or drain away, this is exasperated by Changes in land use, such as building houses on flood plains and paving over natural surfaces, this is making people more vulnerable to flooding.but it’s hard to be more specific than that





I have said exactly that myself here before...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:fonken this, fonken that. Didge, are you that desperate for a new mate?


Most amusing!

lol!


By the way Raggs... what is your sig about?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:fonken this, fonken that. Didge, are you that desperate for a new mate?


Who needs friends when I have you being chairwoman of the hate phildidge fan club  Rags?  Laughing

Seriously, this shows you just jumped in, to act like a toddler

If praising people for interesting posts which Tommy cannot answer bothers you. It says more about you than it does about me

As why are you so bothered Rags?

Lacking attention again?

Anyway have a nice day and keep hating, its what you do best  Laughing

Laters

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If you can't provide evidence, just say so rather than spout a load of gibberish about my post. Has flooding got worse or hasn't it?


https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/21/flooding-and-heavy-rains-rise-50-worldwide-in-a-decade-figures-show

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-and-extreme-weather/

The point is Rags your post was open ended without anything to back your view around the past with flooding. You simple took a stance on this, without any data.

That's because it was a question ... I didn't take any stance on it.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:fonken this, fonken that. Didge, are you that desperate for a new mate?


Most amusing!

lol!


By the way Raggs... what is your sig about?


It's a quote from one of my favourite films Tommy. Surprised

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:29 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:fonken this, fonken that. Didge, are you that desperate for a new mate?


Who needs friends when I have you being chairwoman of the hate phildidge fan club  Rags?  Laughing

Seriously, this shows you just jumped in, to act like a toddler

If praising people for interesting posts which Tommy cannot answer bothers you. It says more about you than it does about me

As why are you so bothered Rags?

Lacking attention again?

Anyway have a nice day and keep hating, its what you do best  Laughing

Laters

You do have a tendency towards hero worship Didge. It's a sign of low self-confidence.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:31 pm

fonken wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It was actually Didge who asked that question, but thank you for your reply anyway. Aren't ice caps supposed to be melting, which will increase flooding?

A lot of people do concrete over their front gardens these days to give them somewhere to park. Someone down the road from me did that, but all the rain water ran down towards their house so they changed it back to grass. Razz
Yes the ice caps are melting ,Greenland's massive ice sheet is experiencing one of its biggest melting events on record, losing some 11 billion tons of ice in a 24-hour period. And as that affects sea level, so a increase in coastal flooding is inevitable

Have they melted before?

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:


Who needs friends when I have you being chairwoman of the hate phildidge fan club  Rags?  Laughing

Seriously, this shows you just jumped in, to act like a toddler

If praising people for interesting posts which Tommy cannot answer bothers you. It says more about you than it does about me

As why are you so bothered Rags?

Lacking attention again?

Anyway have a nice day and keep hating, its what you do best  Laughing

Laters

You do have a tendency towards hero worship Didge. It's a sign of low self-confidence.

So to you compliments to someone is hero worship to you?

I guess according to you, Wolf, Andy and Fred are guilty of the same.

You think that is low self esteem? lol, how little do you know. If you think being positive is low self esteem, then you really are as clueless as i thought

Just remember to make that your next religious commandment. In your hate Phildidge club... Laughing

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:39 pm

Stay on topic Didge - this is an interesting subject.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Stay on topic Didge - this is an interesting subject.

It is, so stop spoiling this with childish antics Rags. It was fine until you jumped in acting childish

Now hope you have a nice day Laughing

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
phildidge wrote:


So why present the graph when it does not show data past 1950 and is an old ice core. When there has been many since?

I have provided you with more up to date data on this

https://www.carbonbrief.org/factcheck-what-greenland-ice-cores-say-about-past-and-present-climate-change

So what is the point of your graph? Does it change the fact humans are creating climate change?

We know what caused this in the past, so what relevance does your graph have?

Then when you have answered me, I suggest you go back and respond to fonken points. The ones you completely avoided


We know what has happened since 1950... in fact the warming has only been about 0.7 degrees C over the last 100 or so years...

Bullshit...

And given that we have come out of the cold period known as the "mini ice age"... you would expect it to be warmer now than it was a couple hundred years ago...

Double the bullshit lies..

There never was a genuine global 'mini ice age', to start with.


In fact... we are just getting back to the long term normal warm temperatures that we had for most of the last 10000 years, before we entered into the cold period known as the "mini ice age"...

Even more lying bullshit..

And zero evidence to support your lying garbage...




Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7806
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:


https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/21/flooding-and-heavy-rains-rise-50-worldwide-in-a-decade-figures-show

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-and-extreme-weather/

The point is Rags your post was open ended without anything to back your view around the past with flooding. You simple took a stance on this, without any data.

That's because it was a question ... I didn't take any stance on it.

Then what was the point of your question about flooding in the past?

When you make no point on this?

It seems to me you were trying to downplay problems, by asking whether we have had flooding in the past

When you offered up no comparrisons

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
fonken wrote:
Yes the ice caps are melting ,Greenland's massive ice sheet is experiencing one of its biggest melting events on record, losing some 11 billion tons of ice in a 24-hour period. And as that affects sea level, so a increase in coastal flooding is inevitable

Have they melted before?
I think that's is something you should research yourself.
You will get far more information, that is peer reviewed and correctly and logically presented ,with reference's to the underlying data that way.

Let me know what you find out.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:10 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


We know what has happened since 1950... in fact the warming has only been about 0.7 degrees C over the last 100 or so years...

Bullshit...

And given that we have come out of the cold period known as the "mini ice age"... you would expect it to be warmer now than it was a couple hundred years ago...

Double the bullshit lies..

There never was a genuine global 'mini ice age', to start with.


In fact... we are just getting back to the long term normal warm temperatures that we had for most of the last 10000 years, before we entered into the cold period known as the "mini ice age"...

Even more lying bullshit..

And zero evidence to support your lying garbage...




And again... you just shout words... but produce zero evidence to back yourself up...!!!


Same as always...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:22 pm

phildidge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


We know what has happened since 1950... in fact the warming has only been about 0.7 degrees C over the last 100 or so years...


And given that we have come out of the cold period known as the "mini ice age"... you would expect it to be warmer now than it was a couple hundred years ago...


In fact... we are just getting back to the long term normal warm temperatures that we had for most of the last 10000 years, before we entered into the cold period known as the "mini ice age"...




Where is your evidence to back up the above claims?

You are claiming such tempretures in the past were some how a good thing. When we see extinctions?

Come again?

Again how does any of the above dispute the fact humans are causing climate change at an alarming rate?

Which we are witnessing the effects of?

The reality is you need to show humans are not cuasing claimate change and its not a potential problem

You have always failed to do that

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:47 pm



The mini ice age is well documented... and seen in the GISP2 Antarctic ice core study too... which is the other side of the world... so a global cool period!


And...


According to a continuous study conducted by the NASA's Goddard institute, the Earth'saverage global temperature has risen by 0.8 degrees Celsius or 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1880. Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the thermometer readings have risencontinuously.21 Oct 2014


But we know the goddard institute have been caught out adjusting the data to exaggerate the amount of warming that they claim...

Plus... the old temp records are more inaccurate and less comprehensive in number of locations data is collected from, the further back in time the records go back...


And let's not forget... "since records began" is only about 150 years anyway... when we started coming out of the mini ice age period... so of course it's going to be a bit warmer now than then as we get back to what is the longer term normal warmer temps that we should be having!!!


Look at the data on graph over the last 10000 years!!!


It's mostly as warm or warmer than it is now!!!


Use your common sense!!!




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:54 pm

So no evidence yet again. Just the opinion of Tommy not backed by data, but an out of date ice core. Only relevant to the local area and not globally. Which has since been updated. Hence again Tommy certainly did not look at my link did you? Again the problem is over the last few decades how fast the temp has risen. So going over the last 100 years really is quite idiotic to say the least Tommy?

ttps://www.carbonbrief.org/factcheck-what-greenland-ice-cores-say-about-past-and-present-climate-change

None of which even begins to answer my questions does it Tommy?

Now are you ever going to answer my questions Tommy?

You are claiming such tempretures in the past were some how a good thing. When we see extinctions?

Come again?

Again how does any of the above dispute the fact humans are causing climate change at an alarming rate?

Which we are witnessing the effects of?

The reality is you need to show humans are not cuasing claimate change and its not a potential problem

You have always failed to do that

What is even funnier is your opening thread

None of the articles even conflict do they Tommy?

The previous hottest tempreture on record, ie the UK. Was 38.5C. The previous articles states the second highest recorded in the UK was 38.1C. Factually correct

Then by the 29th, the temp reached 38.7C making the highest recorded temp since records began in the Uk

How is that bollocks to you?

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:03 pm

phildidge wrote:
phildidge wrote:


Where is your evidence to back up the above claims?

You are claiming such tempretures in the past were some how a good thing. When we see extinctions?

Come again?

Again how does any of the above dispute the fact humans are causing climate change at an alarming rate?

Which we are witnessing the effects of?

The reality is you need to show humans are not cuasing claimate change and its not a potential problem

You have always failed to do that


You asked for evidence to back up what I posted above...


I have just posted the evidence but you completely ignored it...


So here it is again!!!


Try reading slowly...


The mini ice age is well documented... and seen in the GISP2 Antarctic ice core study too... which is the other side of the world... so a global cool period!


And...


According to a continuous study conducted by the NASA's Goddard institute, the Earth'saverage global temperature has risen by 0.8 degrees Celsius or 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1880. Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the thermometer readings have risen continuously.21 Oct 2014



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:08 pm

You posted your views without answering any of my points. Let alone understanding how fast temp has been rising

Its always a one sided debate with you Tommy and this is why its impossible to even reason with you

You ignore everything everyone says and just continue to post your ignorance of this. The reality is you are not convincing anyone but yourself

Good luck with that

The reality is until you can answer points made by people, you coninually look very silly and embarressing

I mean why not post your graph again, as if that is able to answer my points and everyone else

lol!

Laters,  you really are a joke at times tommy and i am done trying to reason with someone so closeminded. The fact you think you know more than just about every climate scientist is even more insulting.

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:36 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Stay on topic Didge - this is an interesting subject.

It is, so stop spoiling this with childish antics Rags. It was fine until you jumped in acting childish

Now hope you have a nice day Laughing

There you go again - blaming someone else for your own behaviour. Don't be so childish.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:38 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's because it was a question ... I didn't take any stance on it.

Then what was the point of your question about flooding in the past?

When you make no point on this?

It seems to me you were trying to downplay problems, by asking whether we have had flooding in the past

When you offered up no comparrisons

I was hoping someone would be able to answer the question - not you obviously as all you want to do is troll the thread.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

It is, so stop spoiling this with childish antics Rags. It was fine until you jumped in acting childish

Now hope you have a nice day Laughing

There you go again - blaming someone else for your own behaviour. Don't be so childish.

The only person who is continually acting like Nellie Oleson is you rags.

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 2Q==

As to your question on flooding, why did you then engage with me on this?

Never mind Nellie, all the best  Laughing

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:58 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

There you go again - blaming someone else for your own behaviour. Don't be so childish.

The only person who is continually acting like Nellie Oleson is you rags.

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 2Q==

As to your question on flooding, why did you then engage with me on this?

Never mind Nellie, all the best  Laughing

You asked a question in response to my question.

Is flooding increasing with tempreture rising?

I thought maybe you knew something, but your subsequent posts showed you did not, so I didn't expect you to answer my question. You're more interested in trolling Tommy.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

The only person who is continually acting like Nellie Oleson is you rags.

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 2Q==

As to your question on flooding, why did you then engage with me on this?

Never mind Nellie, all the best  Laughing

You asked a question in response to my question.

Is flooding increasing with tempreture rising?

I thought maybe you knew something, but your subsequent posts showed you did not, so I didn't expect you to answer my question. You're more interested in trolling Tommy.


Your question was based on a view about the past, as if the flooding of the past. Meant flooding happened today without any view of climate change

Hence why place such a question? When you were taken to task on this, you clearly backtracked, as you did not know yourself. 

I know more than Nellie Oleson that is for sure

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Is it actually getting hotter? Remember 1976? That was a very hot summer.

It feels hotter to me these days in summer, but then the building where I work seems to retain the heat, and also I think that I might feel the heat more now that I'm older. Razz

As for flooding, haven't we always had that?

I do think it's a great idea to cut down on pollution, plastics, and packaging - it's horrible to see how much waste there is and where it ends up.

Finally, I think that fonken can speak for himself/herself, and there's no need for anyone to start slagging off current members to him/her when he/she has only been here five minutes.


Just wanted to prove how dishonest Nellie is being

She started with the is it really getting hotter?

Hence implying she questions whether it is and backs this up with a view that maybe this is down to her getting older and not anything on any data

She then says as for flooding, haven't we always had that?

Again implying that this does not mean climate change

Once you follow the pattern of what nellie said, its easy to see past the utter bullshit she makes

we know its actually getting hotter, through date, so why question this based off how you feel compared to 1976 and now with age?

That is hardly a standard to test the warming of tempretures is it Rags?

So please do not try to pull the wool over peoples eyes Nellie, you are not fooling anyone

Now not going to waste my time with such a petulant brat any further

You can continue to whinge and moan all you like about me, as you have from the start jumping in starting causing trouble eand guess what. You got what you asked for and i rrepaind in kind. Someone standing up to your childish antics

Razz

Now please conrtinue to sulk, and piss and moan. Its what you do best

Laters

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The mini ice age is well documented... and seen in the GISP2 Antarctic ice core study too... which is the other side of the world... so a global cool period!


And...


According to a continuous study conducted by the NASA's Goddard institute, the Earth'saverage global temperature has risen by 0.8 degrees Celsius or 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1880. Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the thermometer readings have risencontinuously.21 Oct 2014


But we know the goddard institute have been caught out adjusting the data to exaggerate the amount of warming that they claim...

Plus... the old temp records are more inaccurate and less comprehensive in number of locations data is collected from, the further back in time the records go back...


And let's not forget... "since records began" is only about 150 years anyway... when we started coming out of the mini ice age period... so of course it's going to be a bit warmer now than then as we get back to what is the longer term normal warmer temps that we should be having!!!


Look at the data on graph over the last 10000 years!!!


It's mostly as warm or warmer than it is now!!!


Use your common sense!!!






_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Oh look tommy is spamming again, still avoiding peoples questions and points

lol!

I have no more to say than why anyone else bother trying to explain to Tommy whe n he is closeminded

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:54 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You asked a question in response to my question.



I thought maybe you knew something, but your subsequent posts showed you did not, so I didn't expect you to answer my question. You're more interested in trolling Tommy.


Your question was based on a view about the past, as if the flooding of the past. Meant flooding happened today without any view of climate change

Hence why place such a question? When you were taken to task on this, you clearly backtracked, as you did not know yourself. 

I know more than Nellie Oleson that is for sure

I agree I didn't know, which is why I asked the question. Are you not reading my posts properly? More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 2190311264

Do you always criticise people for asking a question?

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:56 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Is it actually getting hotter? Remember 1976? That was a very hot summer.

It feels hotter to me these days in summer, but then the building where I work seems to retain the heat, and also I think that I might feel the heat more now that I'm older. Razz

As for flooding, haven't we always had that?

I do think it's a great idea to cut down on pollution, plastics, and packaging - it's horrible to see how much waste there is and where it ends up.

Finally, I think that fonken can speak for himself/herself, and there's no need for anyone to start slagging off current members to him/her when he/she has only been here five minutes.


Just wanted to prove how dishonest Nellie is being

She started with the is it really getting hotter?

Hence implying she questions whether it is and backs this up with a view that maybe this is down to her getting older and not anything on any data

She then says as for flooding, haven't we always had that?

Again implying that this does not mean climate change

Once you follow the pattern of what nellie said, its easy to see past the utter bullshit she makes

we know its actually getting hotter, through date, so why question this based off how you feel compared to 1976 and now with age?

That is hardly a standard to test the warming of tempretures is it Rags?

So please do not try to pull the wool over peoples eyes Nellie, you are not fooling anyone

Now not going to waste my time with such a petulant brat any further

You can continue to whinge and moan all you like about me, as you have from the start jumping in starting causing trouble eand guess what. You got what you asked for and i rrepaind in kind. Someone standing up to your childish antics

Razz

Now please conrtinue to sulk, and piss and moan. Its what you do best

Laters

I see you've run out of things to say on the subject - because you know nothing about it. That's why you're trolling it and ranting on about me instead of discussing it like an adult. You need to grow up. No

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Tommy, Didge is on a trolling spree. Wait until he's worn himself out. Laughing

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Andy on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:08 pm

Not sure Didge IS trolling.
Raggs is desperate to defend her bestest chum and fellow man made climate change denyer, but their position is hopeless when confronted with the massive scientific evidence from the world's leading climate scientists.
Raggs and Toms arguement is she feels old and cold and he read it in Climate change denying Monthly magazine, sponsored by the fossil.fuel industry.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Andy wrote:Not sure Didge IS trolling.
Raggs is desperate to defend her bestest chum and fellow man made climate change denyer, but their position is hopeless when confronted with the massive scientific evidence from the world's leading climate scientists.
Raggs and Toms arguement is she feels old and cold and he read it in Climate change denying Monthly magazine, sponsored by the fossil.fuel industry.

100% agree, have a green

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:40 pm


Not evidence from climate scientists... just speculation and theory...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:55 pm

Andy wrote:Not sure Didge IS trolling.
Raggs is desperate to defend her bestest chum and fellow man made climate change denyer, but their position is hopeless when confronted with the massive scientific evidence from the world's leading climate scientists.
Raggs and Toms arguement is she feels old and cold and he read it in Climate change denying Monthly magazine, sponsored by the fossil.fuel industry.

What would you know? Your main contribution to this thread has been to slag off others.

I'm not defending Tommy on global warming, I'm merely saying that slagging him off is not the best way to debate this issue, and neither is sucking up to a new member.

None of you have come up with anything concrete because you're only interested in slagging off Tommy.

I didn't say I felt old and cold - you just made that up. No

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:57 pm

phildidge wrote:
Andy wrote:Not sure Didge IS trolling.
Raggs is desperate to defend her bestest chum and fellow man made climate change denyer, but their position is hopeless when confronted with the massive scientific evidence from the world's leading climate scientists.
Raggs and Toms arguement is she feels old and cold and he read it in Climate change denying Monthly magazine, sponsored by the fossil.fuel industry.

100% agree, have a green

Have a red for sucking up to someone who's only slagging off other members. Surprised

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Andy on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

100% agree, have a green

Have a red for sucking up to someone who's only slagging off other members. Surprised
I will take reds from you and Tommy any time.
They are a badge of honour.
I'm sure Didge would, too.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:45 pm

Andy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Have a red for sucking up to someone who's only slagging off other members. Surprised
I will take reds from you and Tommy any time.
They are a badge of honour.
I'm sure Didge would, too.

I didn't give you a red. I can if you want but you'll have to wait a while. Razz

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Thorin on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

100% agree, have a green

Have a red for sucking up to someone who's only slagging off other members. Surprised


More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Bb1525d6f46e4cfbd1873d26fd885c31

Thorin

Posts : 9691
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Original Quill on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:06 pm

Andy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Have a red for sucking up to someone who's only slagging off other members. Surprised
I will take reds from you and Tommy any time.
They are a badge of honour.
I'm sure Didge would, too.

Stephen Crane, The Red Badge of Courage (1895). Laughing

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 30657
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:48 pm

fonken wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
fonken wrote:
Yes the ice caps are melting ,Greenland's massive ice sheet is experiencing one of its biggest melting events on record, losing some 11 billion tons of ice in a 24-hour period. And as that affects sea level, so a increase in coastal flooding is inevitable

Have they melted before?
I think that's is something you should research yourself.
You will get far more information, that is peer reviewed and correctly and logically presented ,with reference's to the underlying data that way.

Let me know what you find out.

Good advice. At this point, the issue of global warming is so politicized, everyone should bypass the pundits and the media, and go straight to the scientific sources for their information.

A good place to start: https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

_________________
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

- Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 27813
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:39 pm

Andy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Have a red for sucking up to someone who's only slagging off other members. Surprised
I will take reds from you and Tommy any time.
They are a badge of honour.
I'm sure Didge would, too.


I haven't given anyone a red on this thread!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The mini ice age is well documented... and seen in the GISP2 data as well as the Vostock Antarctic ice core study too... which is the other side of the world... so a global cool period!


And...


According to a continuous study conducted by the NASA's Goddard institute, the Earth'saverage global temperature has risen by 0.8 degrees Celsius or 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1880. Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the thermometer readings have risencontinuously.21 Oct 2014


But we know the goddard institute have been caught out adjusting the data to exaggerate the amount of warming that they claim...

Plus... the old temp records are more inaccurate and less comprehensive in number of locations data is collected from, the further back in time the records go back...


And let's not forget... "since records began" is only about 150 years anyway... when we started coming out of the mini ice age period... so of course it's going to be a bit warmer now than then as we get back to what is the longer term normal warmer temps that we should be having!!!


Look at the data on graph over the last 10000 years!!!


It's mostly as warm or warmer than it is now!!!


Use your common sense!!!






_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23117
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

More lies from the climate change loons - Page 2 Empty Re: More lies from the climate change loons

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:09 am

Tommy, use your own common sense. It's well established that CO2 is one of the main reasons that the Earth isn't frozen -- were there no greenhouse gases at all, the average temperature of the Earth would be about -18 C. The planet would be coated in ice.

Thus, it stands to reason that if you started with an Earth that had no greenhouse gases and gradually increased them, you would gradually warm the Earth.

It's well established that burning fossil fuels releases CO2, and it's well established that all over the world, we're burning a shit-ton of fossil fuels.

Thus, simple common sense dictates that there's no way we're NOT warming the planet.

_________________
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

- Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 27813
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum