Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun

Go down

Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun Empty Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun

Post by phildidge on Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:02 pm

Now that Democrats have stopped calling the untenable situation at America’s southern border a “manufactured crisis” and recognized it as a “humanitarian crisis,” perhaps a bipartisan solution can be found to at least one aspect of the problem: the continuing flow of unaccompanied children across the border.

But we shouldn’t hold our breath. The left — activists, the media and Dem politicians — are more interested in badgering the Trump administration than solving the crisis.

On Thursday, Brian S. Hastings, chief of law-enforcement operations at Customs and Border Protection, testified before the House Judiciary Committee.

“While many factors drive illegal migration,” he said, “the rise in migration is, in part, a consequence of the gaps created by layers of laws, judicial rulings and policies related to the treatment of minors. Unfortunately, this well-intentioned mosaic of legal requirements helped create the conditions underlying the humanitarian crisis at our southwest border today by providing clear incentives to attempt to cross our southwest border illegally, with a child.”

Put another way, America has been encouraging children to make the treacherous journey from their home countries to the United States.


https://nypost.com/2019/07/28/dems-refuse-to-help-fix-border-crisis-because-bashing-trump-is-more-fun/

phildidge

Posts : 8514
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun Empty Re: Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:16 pm

phil wrote:Now that Democrats have stopped calling the untenable situation at America’s southern border a “manufactured crisis” and recognized it as a “humanitarian crisis,”

Correction: it is a "manufactured humanitarian crisis". The two are not mutually exclusive. It's just that we haven't seen the two together in this large a scale since the death of Hitler.

phil wrote:...perhaps a bipartisan solution can be found to at least one aspect of the problem: the continuing flow of unaccompanied children across the border.

The cops don't help the robbers pull off the bank heist. As this is a manufactured crisis, the answer is not to work with the bad guys, but to reverse the cause. That cause, of course, is Trump's closing of the border (only the southern one; Canadians are white, and that's all right).

If we open the border and allow--on humanitarian grounds--immigrants to remain until their immigration hearing...bingo--problem solved!

If we don't, those responsible are the architects of the “manufactured humanitarian crisis”.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29815
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun Empty Re: Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun

Post by Maddog on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:57 am

phildidge wrote:Now that Democrats have stopped calling the untenable situation at America’s southern border a “manufactured crisis” and recognized it as a “humanitarian crisis,” perhaps a bipartisan solution can be found to at least one aspect of the problem: the continuing flow of unaccompanied children across the border.

But we shouldn’t hold our breath. The left — activists, the media and Dem politicians — are more interested in badgering the Trump administration than solving the crisis.

On Thursday, Brian S. Hastings, chief of law-enforcement operations at Customs and Border Protection, testified before the House Judiciary Committee.

“While many factors drive illegal migration,” he said, “the rise in migration is, in part, a consequence of the gaps created by layers of laws, judicial rulings and policies related to the treatment of minors. Unfortunately, this well-intentioned mosaic of legal requirements helped create the conditions underlying the humanitarian crisis at our southwest border today by providing clear incentives to attempt to cross our southwest border illegally, with a child.”

Put another way, America has been encouraging children to make the treacherous journey from their home countries to the United States.


https://nypost.com/2019/07/28/dems-refuse-to-help-fix-border-crisis-because-bashing-trump-is-more-fun/

The bigger the crisis, the more the Dems like it. Throw in some dead kids and they will like it better. It's all about elections, not solving problems.

These people trying to get into the US are simply pawns to be used for political gain.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 5401
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun Empty Re: Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun

Post by phildidge on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
phildidge wrote:Now that Democrats have stopped calling the untenable situation at America’s southern border a “manufactured crisis” and recognized it as a “humanitarian crisis,” perhaps a bipartisan solution can be found to at least one aspect of the problem: the continuing flow of unaccompanied children across the border.

But we shouldn’t hold our breath. The left — activists, the media and Dem politicians — are more interested in badgering the Trump administration than solving the crisis.

On Thursday, Brian S. Hastings, chief of law-enforcement operations at Customs and Border Protection, testified before the House Judiciary Committee.

“While many factors drive illegal migration,” he said, “the rise in migration is, in part, a consequence of the gaps created by layers of laws, judicial rulings and policies related to the treatment of minors. Unfortunately, this well-intentioned mosaic of legal requirements helped create the conditions underlying the humanitarian crisis at our southwest border today by providing clear incentives to attempt to cross our southwest border illegally, with a child.”

Put another way, America has been encouraging children to make the treacherous journey from their home countries to the United States.


https://nypost.com/2019/07/28/dems-refuse-to-help-fix-border-crisis-because-bashing-trump-is-more-fun/

The bigger the crisis, the more the Dems like it. Throw in some dead kids and they will like it better. It's all about elections, not solving problems.  

These people trying to get into the US are simply pawns to be used for political gain.

100% agree, so have a green

phildidge

Posts : 8514
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun Empty Re: Dems refuse to help fix border crisis because bashing Trump is more fun

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:57 pm

Maddog wrote:The bigger the crisis, the more the Dems like it. Throw in some dead kids and they will like it better. It's all about elections, not solving problems.

Trump certainly makes it easy for the Democrats, innit? He's the one who threw in the kids, ruined trade relations, stoked racism in Charlottesville, let North Korea have it's nukes, lifted sanctions on Moscow, and now is about to go to war once again in the Middle East. Oh, and um...Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall. Rolling Eyes

You say "it's all about elections", but you left out one important point: elections are essential to throw the bad guys out. Of course it's all about elections! So blame our constitutional democracy, not the Democrats.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29815
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum