The Now Slice: everything that has happened, is happening, or will happen has happened already.

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Now Slice: everything that has happened, is happening, or will happen has happened already. Empty Re: The Now Slice: everything that has happened, is happening, or will happen has happened already.

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:01 pm

I recommend the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde - it is fiction (probably) but deals with the same concept (among others) in a rather entertaining way.

Hitch hikers also deals with it using Restaurant at the end of the Universe.

Back to top Go down

The Now Slice: everything that has happened, is happening, or will happen has happened already. Empty Re: The Now Slice: everything that has happened, is happening, or will happen has happened already.

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:09 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Continuing from the discussion whether the future is fixed because God knows the future due to his perfect knowledge, science also says the future is fixed using the Now Slice model:

http://fortyinfourbyforty.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/my-slice-of-now/

This is the easisiet article I could find on the subject, so hopfully won't hurt your brains so much.

ps: if you're wondering why I'm not replying, it's coz my internet connection is shit in India. Trying to get it upgrade.

That was an interesting read Zack.

"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Wow that's pretty good reading! Need to read it again after I've eaten as my mind doesn't work on an empty belly.

Living free
- Morcheeba
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Continuing from the discussion whether the future is fixed because God knows the future due to his perfect knowledge, science also says the future is fixed using the Now Slice model:

This is the easisiet article I could find on the subject, so hopfully won't hurt your brains so much.

ps: if you're wondering why I'm not replying, it's coz my internet connection is shit in India. Trying to get it upgrade.

im not wondering at all

in fact i didn't notice, P.S feel free to remain in India we already have too many immigrant muzzies here as it is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:27 pm

is this the part where you wheel out Islam and say "look Islam must be true because science has only just caught up to what muhhamd the desert dwelling child rapist spoke about 1400 years ago"

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:40 pm

sexy, why are you speaking to zack after what he said about you on sky? I have not forgotten the posts he made
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:44 pm

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-1-4020-6318-3_9#page-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-1-4020-6318-3_9#page-1

Are these your own words or are you a hypocrite?

Chill out bruv ha ha, its like your life depends on this, holy crap, get a life

Smile 

I am no expert but I want you to show me actions people are going to make tomorrow are set already and known which they cannot change

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Chill out bruv ha ha, its like your life depends on this, holy crap, get a life

Smile 

I am no expert but I want you to show me actions people are going to make tomorrow are set already and known which they cannot change

I'm just following your rules of debate.

Where are you own words?

No, you work rather I chill out. Lol! This is real debate.  If you can't handle the heat...

Now let's see you reply in your own words.

I have no problem with what the scientists conclude with their theory on space and time, what I have issue with is in regards to humans, which has been my view all along and of which again scientists also differ over, so take your time and make your science in regards to the future of humans.

Something you have avoided throughout so take your time and show the science with that we have no free will?

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:39 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I have no problem with what the scientists conclude with their theory on space and time, what I have issue with is in regards to humans, which has been my view all along and of which again scientists also differ over, so take your time and make your science in regards to the future of humans.

Something you have avoided throughout so take your time and show the science with that we have no free will?

Good luck

Aren't humans a part of space and time. Or are you from outside this universe.

Bruv - stop giving me own goals and allowing me to expose your stupidity. I didn't want to do that in front of Smelly and HF but you left me no choice.

Are we part of space and time?

More woeful insults, prove to me time exists?

Are you reliant it does exist?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:45 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Are we part of space and time?

More woeful insults, prove to me time exists?

Are you reliant it does exist?

Space is another dimension of time. You know space exists, right. Or do you want me to prove that.

Take care bruv. Back later.

Is it, prove time exists?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Is it, prove time exists?

When you see the stars, are you seeing them as they are now?

Is that proof time exists?

Nope

Even Einstein failed to challenge the concept of time as a measure of change, so please prove to me time exists, your whole theory thus hinges on time existing?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:36 pm

nicko wrote:sexy, why are you speaking to zack after what he said about you on sky? I have not forgotten the posts he made  

Hey Nicko Zack has apologised for the past and we have moved on
Hope you are well x

"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:38 pm

hello sexy,if your ok with him fair enough.
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:30 am

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=550435

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_value_formulation_%28general_relativity%29

REAL explanations.

This is not talking about self contained earth events this is saying since we see the light from a distant star many years later because of the time it take light to travel, and if there were and Alien out there it would be vice versa. SO it real time the alien looking at earth's sun and a human looking at the aliens star are seeing each others future... sort of... in the time it takes the light to travel from Earth for the alien to see it there in no way for the light to travel back in anything but equal time negating the difference between relativistic spacetimes.
So Brain Greene is talking about predetermination from the quantum Physics perspective pertaining to the relative instances of spacetime in relation tot he speed of light, not the theological perspective of predetermination pertaining to the actions of individuals within the same space time instance.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:54 am

O... kkkk... before my brain falls to bits, does this have anything to do with the concept of an "implicate order"?

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum