Trump vs. “the Squad”

Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by phildidge on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:58 pm

Over the past few days, Trump waded into the spat between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib — “the Squad.” The fight between the Democratic leadership and the group of progressives was getting out-of-hand, with accusations of racism and increasing inflammatory sniping from anonymous aides. Trump, in a blaze of tweets, neatly united the Democrats at a moment when their divisions threatened to deepen into schisms. Now, instead of fighting with each other, House Democrats are voting to censure the president for racist remarks. Perhaps Pelosi owes him a gift basket.

But in unifying House Democrats against him, Trump unified them around the Squad, and raised their profile — the four women are getting even more coverage this week than they were last week, exactly what Pelosi was trying to avoid, and exactly what conservative media has been trying to achieve.

There are two ways of thinking about this outcome. One cuts American politics into the traditional Republican-Democrat divide. In this telling, Pelosi and the Democrats are Trump’s foremost antagonists, and in bridging their divides, he weakened himself. The other views American politics through the lens of demographic change and the white identity politics it triggers. In this view, by uniting Democrats in defense of the Squad and against his racist attacks, Trump rescued a narrative crucial to his political appeal and the reactionary politics he represents.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/7/16/20695031/trump-ocasio-cortez-omar-pressley-tlaib-pelosi-squad



phildidge

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by 'Wolfie on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 am

Basketball

That 'Timcast' really is a clueless prick...

About time he stopped portraying himself as a neutral observer, and admits to be the pro-Trump propagandist he really is..

And way past time that he removes that makeup/photo'shop-effects on some images where he keeps on trying to pass himself of as 'coloured' in an obvious attempt to avoid the racist/white supremacist pro-Trump undertones littering his loopy vlogs.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7463
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by phildidge on Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:11 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Basketball

That 'Timcast' really is a clueless prick...

About time he stopped portraying himself as a neutral observer, and admits to be the pro-Trump propagandist he really is..

And way past time that he removes that makeup/photo'shop-effects on some images where he keeps on trying to pass himself of as 'coloured' in an obvious attempt to avoid the racist/white supremacist pro-Trump undertones littering his loopy vlogs.

He is mixed race, with Korean ancestry, doh Its also fairly easy to spot that he is

He is not pro-trump either, he simple is exposing how all the media is drawen its attention away from his asylum policy, and he is correct. Its basically gone unnoticed

phildidge

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by nicko on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:56 pm

As far as I know, one of these Women said," America stinks", others said something in the same vein ! No wonder they were told to leave !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11998
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by phildidge on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:19 pm

nicko wrote:As far as I know, one of these Women said," America stinks", others said something in the same vein ! No wonder they were told to leave !

This satire sums your point up


Trump vs. “the Squad” D_mRM87XUAALyqU

phildidge

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by Maddog on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:10 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Basketball

That 'Timcast' really is a clueless prick...

About time he stopped portraying himself as a neutral observer, and admits to be the pro-Trump propagandist he really is..

And way past time that he removes that makeup/photo'shop-effects on some images where he keeps on trying to pass himself of as 'coloured' in an obvious attempt to avoid the racist/white supremacist pro-Trump undertones littering his loopy vlogs.

I think your bias is a bigger problem.

Do you agree with AOC calling Pelosi a racist?

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 5051
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:07 pm

The Republican hypocrisy would be humorous, were it not dangerous.  This is the candidate who ran on "Make America Great Again"... tacitly stating that America is not great.

Wasn't this the candidate that said American generals were trash, POW's are not heroes, American soldiers are inept and the intelligence community was incompetent?  Didn't he say that American industry is uncompetitive, and we are sending business overseas...while his clothing brand was being stitched in Taiwan?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  And his own impulses are the target of Democratic constructive criticism.  He has terminated treaties that would have: neutralized China, left us with our North American partners, and stopped the spread of nuclear weapons in the middle east (at least the Saudis will get their due).  He has encourage hostile nuclear powers to go ahead.  We have ruined trade with China... devastating out agriculture and chasing away manufacturing.  He has alienated our friends in NATO.  And drastically raised taxes on our imports, which not only adversely affect our own overseas trade, but impact us by return tariffs…and leaves American an economic island.

But Democrats shouldn't criticize!  He has gotten rich, selling his hotel rooms, and memberships to Mar y Lago, and his golf clubs, while repaying the Russian government for lending him the money to sell out the country.  They should praise the President who has raised the economy for the rich--forget the unwashed poor and middle class--and appointed gang rapists to the Supreme Court, while making the world safe for pǽdophiles like his good friend, Jeffery Epstein.

Shame on those four Congresswomen.  But wattdya expect.  They are black and female…twice a subspecies in his eyes.   Rolling Eyes

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29467
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by Maddog on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:The Republican hypocrisy would be humorous, were it not dangerous.  This is the candidate who ran on "Make America Great Again"... tacitly stating that America is not great.

Wasn't this the candidate that said American generals were trash, POW's are not heroes, American soldiers are inept and the intelligence community was incompetent?  Didn't he say that American industry is uncompetitive, and we are sending business overseas...while his clothing brand was being stitched in Taiwan?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  And his own impulses are the target of Democratic constructive criticism.  He has terminated treaties that would have: neutralized China, left us with our North American partners, and stopped the spread of nuclear weapons in the middle east (at least the Saudis will get their due).  He has encourage hostile nuclear powers to go ahead.  We have ruined trade with China... devastating out agriculture and chasing away manufacturing.  He has alienated our friends in NATO.  And drastically raised taxes on our imports, which not only adversely affect our own overseas trade, but impact us by return tariffs…and leaves American an economic island.

But Democrats shouldn't criticize!  He has gotten rich, selling his hotel rooms, and memberships to Mar y Lago, and his golf clubs, while repaying the Russian government for lending him the money to sell out the country.  They should praise the President who has raised the economy for the rich--forget the unwashed poor and middle class--and appointed gang rapists to the Supreme Court, while making the world safe for pǽdophiles like his good friend, Jeffery Epstein.

Shame on those four Congresswomen.  But wattdya expect.  They are black and female…twice a subspecies in his eyes.   Rolling Eyes

AOC is black?

What fucking county do you live in?

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 5051
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:26 pm

Maddog wrote:AOC is black?

Yes, she is. They are all people of color.

Maddog wrote:What fucking country do you live in?

A country without southerners, hopefully.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29467
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by phildidge on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:AOC is black?

Yes, she is.  They are all people of color.



So there is no such thing as Latino, mixed race etc and by your reasoning i am black also being half Maltese/Sicillian ?


phildidge

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by Maddog on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:AOC is black?

Yes, she is.  They are all people of color.

Maddog wrote:What fucking country do you live in?

A country without southerners, hopefully.

Black and POC are different.

Hispanics are POCs. They are usually not black.


_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 5051
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by Maddog on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:19 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, she is.  They are all people of color.



So there is no such thing as Latino, mixed race etc and by your reasoning i am black also being half Maltese/Sicillian ?


You could be one of those nasty Asians he was talking shit about yesterday. Cool

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 5051
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by phildidge on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:22 pm

Maddog wrote:
phildidge wrote:

So there is no such thing as Latino, mixed race etc and by your reasoning i am black also being half Maltese/Sicillian ?


You could be one of those nasty Asians he was talking shit about yesterday. Cool


Razz

lol!

phildidge

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. “the Squad” Empty Re: Trump vs. “the Squad”

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, she is.  They are all people of color.



A country without southerners, hopefully.

Black and POC are different.

Hispanics are POCs. They are usually not black.


So you are an expert in racism? You have no conception of etymology. Remember, it's the right, white power structure that defines their own tastes in racism. White supremacists hate blacks and they hate Latinos. We are not talking about the people themselves, but the racists' perception of them.

The object of their hate has no other connection but in the racists' mind. What do people of color have in common? The white supremacists despise any non-white skin, of course. I think the news media came up with the name to identify what white supremacists hate: persons of color.

Of course those two races have no common lineage. The link is in the racists' mind.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29467
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum