Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Go down

Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by DrSchool on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Hey all, feels like a very long time since I was on NewsFix. Thanks for reaching out to me Ben.
Since I've been absent, a lot has happened and the biggest news is I am now a father! My son, Dante Lawrence Gray, was born Oct 11 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Yes, I named him after two of my favorite writers...guess which ones. I wanted to name him after my favorite intellectual, but I was afraid with a name like Noam, he would get made fun of too much and people would spell it Gnome.
If you want to see how amazingly cute he is you can check out www.all-dante.blogspot.com Also, my mother-in-law from the countryside of Sichuan, China came to live with us for a few months and that was an absolute nightmare inside of a living hell. You can read all about the insanity at www.countrysidemotherinlaw.blogspot.com and you can also get lots of great countryside advice like "When you hang your underwear up to dry, always hang them upside down and inside out so that no germs can get inside." and mind-boggling logic like "No! Never put water in the refrigerator or freezer! Idiot! Don't you know water turns bad and rots in the fridge? It will make everything stink!" and ""After you have your baby you can not watch any TV for one month. If you do, you will go blind." Amazingly, I had some people (mostly Asians) write me to defend my MIL's logic and advice.

Glad to be back! Missed you guys.

Drschool aka Omani aka Nesta (I can't seem to remember my shortnews name from back in the day)

PS. Please, no flaming me over the mother in law (MIL) blog. After I started the blog it got 60,000 hits in the first week and a lot of people sent me messages telling me how big of an ass I was for making a blog about my mother in law and how they are surprised that my wife doesn't leave me for being such an insensitive jerk. For the record, I didn't include the truly evil stuff MIL said and did while she was here, and my wife helped me with the translations for the blog (MIL doesn't speak Chinese very well, she only speaks a local Sichuan dialect).
avatar
DrSchool

Posts : 190
Join date : 2013-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Welcome back, and congratulations on your son! That is a fine name, I think you chose wisely Smile

I remember your blog on your MIL, I didn't think any of it was nasty at all -- she has some very funny beliefs about water, and some other topics.

Anyway, glad you came back and hope to see more of you around here. As you can see, a lot has changed since your last visit -- and some of it has even been good change  ::D:: 

_________________
"OF COURSE IT HURTS DICKHEAD!"

- nicko
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Enemy of the American People. Slimebag Worm, No Moral Bag of Shit

Posts : 24139
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 am

CONGRATULATIONS on the son Dr


Really great to have you back. I've been having to look up the Phnom Penh post myself  Wink 

And the MIL blog is LOL  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18111
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:36 am



And it isn't just a proud new father he really is cute  tongue tongue 


and ROFL  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  @ MIL Blog

MIL: "You know your cousin who is always depressed? She had a baby last year. Her baby's balls are HUUUUGE! Women who are depressed when they are pregnant will always have babies with gigantic balls."
Wife: " Sadness makes balls bigger?"
MIL: "Of course"
Wife: "So since I'm happy all the time, my son will be born with tiny balls?"
MIL: "Obviously!"

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18111
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:21 am

DrSchool wrote:Hey all, feels like a very long time since I was on NewsFix.  Thanks for reaching out to me Ben.  
Since I've been absent, a lot has happened and the biggest news is I am now a father!  My son, Dante Lawrence Gray, was born Oct 11 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.  Yes, I named him after two of my favorite writers...guess which ones.   I wanted to name him after my favorite intellectual, but I was afraid with a name like Noam, he would get made fun of too much and people would spell it Gnome.
If you want to see how amazingly cute he is you can check out www.all-dante.blogspot.com     Also, my mother-in-law from the countryside of Sichuan, China came to live with us for a few months and that was an absolute nightmare inside of a living hell.  You can read all about the insanity at  www.countrysidemotherinlaw.blogspot.com     and you can also get lots of great countryside advice like "When you hang your underwear up to dry, always hang them upside down and inside out so that no germs can get inside."   and mind-boggling logic like "No! Never put water in the refrigerator or freezer!  Idiot!  Don't you know water turns bad and rots in the fridge?  It will make everything stink!"   and ""After you have your baby you can not watch any TV for one month.  If you do, you will go blind."  Amazingly, I had some people (mostly Asians) write me to defend my MIL's logic and advice.    

Glad to be back!  Missed you guys.

Drschool aka Omani aka Nesta   (I can't seem to remember my shortnews name from back in the day)

PS.  Please, no flaming me over the mother in law (MIL) blog.  After I started the blog it got 60,000 hits in the first week and a lot of people sent me messages telling me how big of an ass I was for making a blog about my mother in law and how they are surprised that my wife doesn't leave me for being such an insensitive jerk.  For the record, I didn't include the truly evil stuff MIL said and did while she was here, and my wife helped me with the translations for the blog (MIL doesn't speak Chine


se very well, she only speaks a local Sichuan dialect).  


....well done Doc, that's superb!! ::D:: 

No other feeling like it than to become a father , superb  ::D::

..he's a wee cracker! ::D:: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by eddie on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 am

Hallo nice to meet you and congratulations on the birth of your son :-)

_________________
”Some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal” ~ Albert Camus
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35170
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Eilzel on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 am

Nice to meet you Doc Smile

Sounds like your MIL is a real character haha
Congratulations anyway and great name!

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6332
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:05 am

Just for some of you refugees of SKY and its various spawn ... Smile

DrSchool comes here via ShortNews, the forum me, Caution, Lurker, Veya, Jaded Fox, groomsy and Captain Jane met through (along with some other users who are technically here but haven't logged on in ages). He leads an interesting life and lends an interesting perspective, and is our man in the Pacific Rim! Smile

_________________
"OF COURSE IT HURTS DICKHEAD!"

- nicko
avatar
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Enemy of the American People. Slimebag Worm, No Moral Bag of Shit

Posts : 24139
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : La Ciudad de los Chingadores, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Lurker on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:16 am

Welcome back, DrSchool. I've missed you! Congratulations on the cute baby!

_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
avatar
Lurker

Posts : 3682
Join date : 2013-01-20
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by eddie on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:59 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Just for some of you refugees of SKY and its various spawn ... Smile

DrSchool comes here via ShortNews, the forum me, Caution, Lurker, Veya, Jaded Fox, groomsy and Captain Jane met through (along with some other users who are technically here but haven't logged on in ages). He leads an interesting life and lends an interesting perspective, and is our man in the Pacific Rim! Smile

Good to have different perspectives  ::D:: 

_________________
”Some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal” ~ Albert Camus
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35170
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by gerber on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:18 am

Glad to meet you drschool

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
avatar
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:00 am

veya_victaous wrote:

And it isn't just a proud new father he really is cute  tongue tongue 


and ROFL  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  @ MIL Blog

MIL: "You know your cousin who is always depressed?  She had a baby last year.  Her baby's balls are HUUUUGE!  Women who are depressed when they are pregnant will always have babies with gigantic balls."
Wife: " Sadness makes balls bigger?"
MIL: "Of course"
Wife: "So since I'm happy all the time, my son will be born with tiny balls?"
MIL: "Obviously!"

Brilliant!!!

and congratulations on the birth of your son drschool, what a cutie!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Eilzel on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:37 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Just for some of you refugees of SKY and its various spawn ... Smile

DrSchool comes here via ShortNews, the forum me, Caution, Lurker, Veya, Jaded Fox, groomsy and Captain Jane met through (along with some other users who are technically here but haven't logged on in ages). He leads an interesting life and lends an interesting perspective, and is our man in the Pacific Rim! Smile

Yeah I noticed Doc mentioned his baby was born in Phnom Penh- I'll not be far away soon as I move to Thailand later this year  cheers 

I love Cambodia, Siem Reap anyway, although I only spent a couple of nights there this time last year- do you live in Cambodia Doc?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6332
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:45 am

Hi Doc
Nice to meet you and congratulations on the birth of your son. He is gorgeous  Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:58 am

Hello doc...likewise on your son. Welcome back.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 24094
Join date : 2013-12-18
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Irn Bru on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi there Doc and welcome back to where you once belonged. Congrats on the birth of your son as well.

 cheers 

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7719
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi DrSchool. Your MIL likes her TV!!! And your son is a doll. Hope you're getting over the shock of so many more posters.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by DrSchool on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:27 am

Wow! So many people here now! Great to see. Last time I was posting it was Lurker, Ben, Caution, Jane, Veya and thats about it. Do we have any conservatives here we can pick on yet? (jk)
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Becoming a parent was never really on my list of things to do, but my wife really wanted a little sh!t machine, so I finally gave in. Now that I've got him, I can't imagine life without him. Becoming a parent is a pretty amazing life transition.

Eilzel, when will you be moving to Thailand? Where in Thailand will you be living? I used to own a small school in Koh Phangan, Thailand. I'm currently living in Cambodia.




avatar
DrSchool

Posts : 190
Join date : 2013-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Eilzel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:35 am

Hi Doc, amazing that you used to own a school! I am planning to teach English out there but owning a school is sonething else Smile

I leave here in May and my partner has a place in BKK so we'll be living there; it is a massive step for me and I cannot wait!

Regarding conservatives- those of us from SKY have brought a fair few RW sparring partners to provide all the conservative BS one could ever want haha

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6332
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:36 am

Hi DrSchool! I don't know you but hello anyway.  ::D:: 

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 30812
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by DrSchool on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:08 pm

BK eh? hope you like living in a big, busy city because BK is very busy. Before you start teaching in BK, be sure that the school will provide you with a valid work permit. I've got a lot of friends living and working in Thailand illegally because the work permit is expensive but if you're caught without one, you could be charged a lot of money and deported. (Visa and work permits are not the same, if the school says they will just get you the visa, it isn't enough).
avatar
DrSchool

Posts : 190
Join date : 2013-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Eilzel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:31 pm

I like BKK, although I prefer Chiang Mai, BKK is where my partner works; I've always been a city boy tbh Smile
Fortunately I more than enough to make sure I get the correct permit and I'm sure my partner (he is Thai) can make sure of that too Smile
I really wouldn't fancy being somewhere illegally the idea scares the life out of me lol

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6332
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks for pulling me back in Ben

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum