Russian man arrested under anti-terror law after talking about philosophy of yoga

Go down

Russian man arrested under anti-terror law after talking about philosophy of yoga Empty Russian man arrested under anti-terror law after talking about philosophy of yoga

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:28 am

A Russian yoga teacher has been arrested for "illegal missionary activity" under controversial new laws designed to combat terrorism.

Dmitry Ugay is said to have fallen foul of the country’s anti-terror measures, dubbed a ‘Big Brother' law by Edward Snowden, while giving a talk about the philosophy of yoga at a St Petersburg festival.

The computer programmer was arrested and charged with allegedly conducting illegal missionary activity, which is an offence under the so-called Yarovaya laws brought in last year.

Mr Ugay’s arrest comes after he was accused by fellow festival-goer, Nail Nasibulin, of recruiting young people to join his “pseudo-Hindu organisation".

The 44-year-old claims he was bundled into a police car and ordered to sign a blank piece of paper, which he refused to do.

Two months after his arrest and subsequent release, he now faces a fine at a court hearing next week in St Petersburg, state news agency Rapsi reported.

But Mr Ugay, who admits following Hinduism, strenuously denied the other claims, telling the Meduza news agency: “I did not name a single religious organisation in my speech, nor did I use a single religious book, and did not name a single religious figure apart from Christ and Buddha.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-yoga-teacher-arrest-anti-terror-law-yarovaya-dmitry-ugay-a7526996.html

scratch

Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Russian man arrested under anti-terror law after talking about philosophy of yoga Empty Re: Russian man arrested under anti-terror law after talking about philosophy of yoga

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:57 am

The Russian government just does not share the values of the West; far too many people in the West don't get this, I think.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Russian man arrested under anti-terror law after talking about philosophy of yoga Empty Re: Russian man arrested under anti-terror law after talking about philosophy of yoga

Post by eddie on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:02 am

They are powerful and I have to wonder why.
As always.

Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down